BROKEN MEETS GRIEF

By mary4561

April Jones life has not been perfect. Yes she had a happy childhood. Then she learnt she was adopted and th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Part 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapper 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22(23on word)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
chapter 33
Chappter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Bonus

6 0 0
By mary4561

April smiles lovingly at her husband, "You can put me down now darling."

Ashton gently put her back down on the floor and bend and kisses her swollen stomach. She was expecting their third child, and everyone was hoping for a girl. April was sick of being the only girl along with Pamela in the house since she gave birth to two boys as well.

"How are you feeling darling." Ask Ashton.

"A little tired if I'm being honest but I'm no spring chicken."

"You're only thirty-nine years old April it's not like you're in your late seventies or something."

You're right Ashton unfortunately for me the tiredness part of pregnancy has well and truly kicked in."

Already but you're only three months pregnant."

"I know."

"You're working too hard April."

"i'll slow down I promise Dr Adams."

Ashton gently places her on their sofa in the living room, "You need to cut back on your hours at work April. Adams Labs is doing great you can relax. I'm going to say something I said to you six years ago delegate some of your work to other people."

He sits beside her, "I'm very much aware I'm a geriatric mother and you're right I need to take things easy. I can't run around like I did when I had Christopher six years ago."

He put his arm around her and she leans into him. Then takes a deep breath and fill her nostrils with the scent of his cologne.

They stay like that for a moment. "Mum and dad are having a nap upstairs."

Ashton couldn't believe how close he and his father had become since they had their talk in Menden seven years ago. Arthur was determined to make things right between them and he and his mother visited them as often as they could. Which was at least four times a month since he gave Micah the company to run.

"That's great," says April who enjoyed having him visit them since he reminded her of her father.

The oldest son Christopher runs into the room, "Mama, I draw you a picture."

April takes the drawing from her five-year old son and look at the stick figures of every member of their family. Her heart sinks for a moment because there were people missing from the painting that her sons have never met.

Ten years later

"Ashes to ashes and dust to dust"

April catches her sister Kimberly glancing at her at the priest's words.

When the ceremony was over April walks over to her sister, "Hello Kimberly."

"April, seventeen years is a long time. How did you manage to find Ethan? I spent years searching for him and never manage to find him?"

"I was lucky I guess," answers April.

"That's an understatement," mumbles Kimberly.

You haven't change then though April to herself as she felt her husband squeeze her hand.

"It's nice to see you again Dr Jones", says Ashton letting both April and Kimberly know the conversation was over.

"And you Dr Adams. I read the profile GQ magazine did on you. Who would have guessed you studied medicine at eighteen. You hadn't met April at that age yet still manage to diminish my achievement of becoming a doctor."

"It must be nice to finish medical school with no debt," says a voice April hadn't heard in seventeen years.

She turns to see her brother Ethan who smiles at her. His blonde hair had streaks of grey running through it. His face was fuller than she remembered but he was very thin the last time she saw him. Why didn't she see it then. He looks so much healthier. Why did she suddenly think that of her brother? She wonders.

She let go of Ashton's hand, "Ethan."

He let go of the small brunette woman beside him and hugs April. "I'm so sorry for everything I said. I've missed you so much. Please forgive me for my horrific behaviour towards you April. A day doesn't goes by where I don't think about you."

April was touched by his words and felt his tears on her shoulders. "You're forgiven Ethan."

Thank you, sis."

They part and Ethan gives his hand to Ashton to shake. "It's nice to see you again Ashton. I'm sorry for not being the brother-in-law I should've been to you." He takes a handkerchief out of his pocket and wipes his eyes.

"Why don't you and," April turns to the woman who came with Ethan. "Your wife come back to ours."

"I'm not his, she is not," Ethan and the woman say at the same time.

"What about me April?" Ask Kimberly.

"What you choose to do with the rest of the day is your business. Just remember we buried mum today.."

Ten years later

Your grace, our son is getting married today," says April sadly.

Ashton turns over in bed and look at his wife. "I can't believe it's Christopher's and Susie's wedding day. Where did the time go?"

"We have been together almost twenty-eight years Ashton. I can never thank Stiles enough for choosing me to marry you and you for agreeing to do it."

"We were met to be I truly believe god engineered the circumstances in our lives to get us to this point."

"I do too."

Time skip

April looks at her brother across the kitchen table. It had been thirty-three years since they reconciled. "Ashton's funeral was beautiful April. You gave him a good send off and he would've been proud of what you did for him today."

"Do you really think so Ethan."

"Yes, I do."

"Thank you for helping me organise everything."

"That's what families do sis help each other out."

She starts to cry and Ethan stands up and holds her. "I miss him so much Ethan. How am I supposed to live without him?"

"You put two foot in front of the other with the knowledge that you will see him again. You both became Christians like me so you should see him again someday," he repeats.

"I have to keep the promise I made to him Ethan."

"I know and I also know he wouldn't want you to be alone. The newspapers don't care about you anymore. You can do what you want now."

A year later

At the age of eight two April stands at the alter and looks at her new husband as he says I do. He was a year older than her. It didn't matter to either of them. Derek Hale smiles at his new bride. It had been three years since Annalise died and he was once again a married man.

Annalise and Ashton made him and April promise they would get married to each other should both of them die. And they in turn would marry each other if the need arose. They both lived a life very few people would understand. They felt their spouses needed someone to talk to who would understand them. It helped them to know after they were gone. The people they love the most had someone else to love them.

A year later

Hand in hand Derek and April walk out the church in Menden. He bought Manor Farm years earlier from Ashton's father without him knowing. The town provided him and his new bride the peace and quiet they wanted to spend time with their families.

April stops walking, "Ashton once told me this place healed you and you needed to leave once you were better. After he died, I was happy you insisted I came here. You took me away from the gossip of Manhattan society. I needed healing like you did when Stiles died. There was something Ashton didn't understand about this place. After you're healed if there's no bitterness and resentment in you it can be enjoyed. He was fighting with his father and forgot about any good memories he had of this place. His grandmother did need to leave she was like a different person when she left Menden.

"I didn't know her but she was the age you're now when she gave you the ultimatum. Stiles told me one of the reasons she wanted me to marry you."

"What was it?" Ask April.

She chose you because she knew if we hadn't met each other. You would have been perfect for me on paper and she was right. We will always love them April but.."

"We love each other now, Derek. That's all we need to know."

He cups her face, "Yes we do and you're right".

I hope you enjoyed the story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 8.6K 37
Lizzie is about to find out what life has in store for her and her brother Luke. They had lost everything they knew in just a few days,after a yello...
742K 23.3K 33
Madison Sweeney was well prepared to spend her life alone with her three children after her hateful relationship came to a crashing end. She never ex...
16.9K 572 18
Becky Mentore has given up on marriage and men. After dating way too many losers who aren't capable of appreciating who she is, she's about ready to...
10.5K 545 14
|CROSSROADS x LEAP YEAR | Eighteen-year-old April Lewis flees her troubled home, desperate to escape her emotionally distant, controlling mom, and se...