Love Bites!

By Nerdy__Turtle

Mixed platter of short romance stories that will hopefully bring a smile on your face! More

Introduction & Table of Contents
*Ineffable Bonds!*
Ineffable Bonds (1)
Ineffable Bonds (2)
Ineffable Bonds (3)
Ineffable Bonds (4)
*Perfect Peace!*
Perfect Peace (1)
Perfect Peace (2)
Perfect Peace (3)
Perfect Peace (4)
Perfect Peace (5)
*Sweet Heaven!*
Sweet Heaven (1)
Sweet Heaven (2)
Sweet Heaven (3)
Sweet Heaven (4)
*Confession Letters!*
Confession Letters (1)
Confession Letters (2)
Confession Letters (3)
Confession Letters (4)
Confession Letters (5)
*When Life Happens!*
When Life Happens (1)
When Life Happens (2)
When Life Happens (3)
When Life Happens (4)
When Life Happens (5)
Review
*Unexpected Serendipity!*
Unexpected Serendipity (1)
Unexpected Serendipity (2)
Unexpected Serendipity (3)
Unexpected Serendipity (4)
Unexpected Serendipity (5)
Unexpected Serendipity (6)
*To Be With You!*
To Be With You (1)
To Be With You (2)
To Be With You (3)
To Be With You (4)
To Be With You (5)
To Be With You (6)
To Be With You (7)
To Be With You (8)
To Be With You (9)
To Be With You (10)
To Be With You (11)
To Be With You (12)
To Be With You (13)
To Be With You (14)
To Be With You (15)
To Be With You (Epilogue)

When Life Happens (6)

297 41 2
By Nerdy__Turtle

Two weeks had passed and Avni & Neil had made quite a lot of progress in their relationship. Avni felt like she had never talked so much in her entire life as she had done with Neil in the last week. He was everything that her younger-self had ever dreamt of but had buried it deep down as she grew up. However, Neil was a slow & persistent invader, he had managed to break down her walls bit by bit & Avni couldn't understand when was the exact moment when he was the only person taking up the whole space in her heart.

Speaking about Neil, he was sailing high through the storm Avni was. And he loved every bit of it. She had become the first person with whom he wanted to share something good that happened around & also, the first person with whom he wanted to share any problem that he came across. She was his human diary - the first thought of his day & the last muse of his night!

At the moment, Avni was sitting patiently in a cafe that she had invited Neil to. He was supposed to join her after work but was apparently running late. She had been waiting for about an hour now & could feel her patience being slowly replaced by fear.

Would he even come?

She hurriedly checked her phone to see if he had texted her something to inform about being late or being stuck in traffic, anything! Opening his chatbox, she read their texts.

Meet me at Coffee Yard at 7? -A

Are you asking me out on a date, Tweety? -N

May be, may be not! Be on time, I'll wait for you! - A

Will be there! See ya ;) - N

That was it. He had not texted her anything else. Was he alright? Did something happen? Should I call him? - and all other sorts of thoughts invaded her mind, but keeping her calm, she inhaled a few deep breathes & tried to call him.

His phone was out of network.

Okay, now was the correct time to be restless! - Avni figured. She somehow managed to not lash at the waiter & answer him as politely as she could when he again & again pestered her to order some food. Another hour had passed & there was no sign of him. Fear gripped Avni's heart as she again dialed his number & tried to call, but it was still unreachable.

Apparently, the hotel staff had had enough of her & had to politely ask her to leave as more customers were pouring in. With a crestfallen face & scared heart, she stepped out of the cafe. However, she decided to wait for Neil for some more time in case he decided to show up. But, the attempt was futile. He did not come, & just like that Avni could feel her heart shattering all over again. 

She had wanted to talk to him about their marriage. She had planned to tell him that she was ready to give this a chance & she had wanted to ask him if he felt the same. It took everything in her to keep aside all her fears & insecurities from her childhood, and to take this step towards him, towards life, towards love. But at the end, all she got was dejection. 

Wiping away the angry tears from her eyes, she hailed a cab & went back home.

Coming home, she locked herself up in the bathroom as she cried her eyes out in the shower. Thankfully, Shweta & Prakash weren't at home as they had gone to a relative's place for the night & would only return in the morning. And, Neela had started her chemotherapy as suggested by the doctors Neil had spoken to, so she wasn't at home either. Coming out of the shower, she heated some of the leftover palak paneer & jeera pulao from lunch & ate it while she drowned herself in self pity. 

"Avni?" - there it was! The voice she was embarrassingly aching to hear. Neil locked the door behind him & hanged the key on the keyholder as he moved towards her. 

But she was in no mood right now. Seeing him, all her dejection & sorrow turned into anger & helplessness. And, she hated feeling like this. He tried to hold her by grabbing her wrist but she was faster. She walked out of there & went to their bedroom. But, before she could've locked it, he inserted one of his legs inside the room stopping her from shutting him out. Huffing in frustration, she left the door & moved towards the bed. 

N - I am sorry. I am so sorry, Tweety! But please hear me out once! -he held her in his arms by encircling them around her stomach as her back hit his chest. 

A - Why? Do you even know how embarrassing it was!? I was waiting for you for three hours! You could have texted me if you weren't going to come! - she blinked her eyes to fight the tears that threatened to fall. 

N - Tweety, I wanted to come! Since our car was in service, I had to take a cab, the driver took me to some wrong address and by the time I realised we were on the wrong route we had already come quite far. Since I was not in Mumbai all these years, I got confused with the route & to add to the misery, my phone lost connection so I couldn't use maps either! You had left the cafe by the time I reached there, the hotel manager told me that you waited for three hours. I felt horrible, Tweety! So, I just rushed back home as soon as I could but I guess, I'm too late. I'm sorry, Tweety! Please don't cry. - he turned her to look at her face which was now red because of the amount she had cried. Just how much have you cried, Sweetcake! - he grimaced as his thumb rubbed her cheeks. He looked extremely bothered thinking about how her insecurities were taking the best of her!

A - You're one annoying little fucker, Khanna! I hate you! - she told as her lips inadvertently formed an angry pout. Neil wanted to laugh at how cute she looked while looking at him like that but decided against it as he knew what would be the consequences of it. 

What? Everyone is scared of their wives! Those who say otherwise are liars! 

N - I believe you, Tweety! - he rolled his eyes. Now, come! - he tried to put her back in his arms but she pushed him back lightly. 

A - No! - she cried out like an ill-tempered child. You will not come again! You will leave me waiting again! - it was her insecurities speaking for her now. 

N - No, Tweety! - he sighed. Baby, I am not going to do that, you know it! Come here, give me hug! - he urged but she just shook her head. 

Taking in a deep breathe, Neil yanked her towards him & wrapped his arm around her as his other hand massaged her hairs, putting her head on his chest. Avni struggled for some minutes but then gave up eventually, wrapping her small hands around him, she pushed herself more towards his chest. 

A - I...I was so scared. I thought you did not come intentionally. - she gulped. I could clearly picture Mumma waiting for Papa when I was a kid. He....never came! I..I thought, I was...you were, I don't - -she couldn't frame a sentence as tears started to fall from her eyes uncontrollably. 

N - I know! I know, Sweetcake! I'm here. Please don't cry. - he cooed in her ears as he kept stroking her hair.

A - I am sorry. For reacting like this. -she hiccupped. You don't deserve this. I know you'd not hurt me. It's just that...this is something, I..I don't know how to explain. - she sighed in defeat. Talking about emotions was never her forte! The only time she was good with words was when she was in court. 

N - You don't have to. I understand, and its okay. Hm? - he pulled himself back a little to look at her. Tweety, if you cry anymore, I'll myself start crying. Look you've become red by crying so much! - he furrowed his brows in a grimace.

A - I will not cry. - she wiped her face like a child & placed her chin at his chest as she looked up at him.

Neil chuckled as he looked at her with his head bowed down & raised his eye brows to ask what was she thinking while she just shook her head. 

N - You look like a little bird monster out on a war with these red eyes & red nose & red cheeks! - he flicked her nose with his fingers making it even redder. 

A - You think this is funny! - she fake glared at him!

N - No! - he laughed. It's just that you look cute. - he kissed the tip of her nose. 

Neil then put her head against his chest & placed his chin in the crook of her neck as he took in her smell. Avni placed her palm on his chest as she felt his heart beats. No one spoke for a while & they just stood there hugging each other, calming each other down in their own ways.

A - Neil? - she finally broke the silence after a while. 

N - Hm? 

A - Do you think we can start afresh? - she spoke hesitantly making him look at her with slight confusion evident on his face. 

N - As in? - he asked still being confused. 

A - You're so dumb, Khanna! - she rolled her eyes. As in teach me how to be a fool in love. Show me love. And, allow me to love you! Let's...let's make this marriage real. - she explained slowly, unsure of his reaction. 

Neil did not answer the question in words. He just smiled at her as his eyes looked at her with raw emotions visible through them. But, Avni had always struggled to read his eyes! Why couldn't he just use words?

He held her face in his palm as he placed his lips on hers & kissed her like a starved lover. Holding her chin firmly in his grip, he deepened the kiss as she tried to firm her grip on his collar. Neil only pulled back when he felt that Avni was out of breathe. 

N - Come, let's get you something to eat. - he said as he held her hand & turned to walk towards the kitchen. 

A - But you didn't answer my question? - she frowned as she blinked her eyes. 

N - Now who is being dumb, Mehta? - he rolled his eyes in disbelief. C'mon now, let me feed you some food so that you can get your beauty sleep thereafter. We are going on our first date tomorrow. - he told as he led her towards the kitchen & she happily obliged. 

Neil cooked white sauce spaghetti for the both of them & had ordered her favourite cheesecake from the nearby bakery. He made her sit on his lap as he fed her the cheesecake while she ate being a happy child. 

A - Where are we going tomorrow? - she asked excitedly. 

N - Patience, Mehta! - he chuckled.

A - Shouldn't it be Mrs. Khanna now? - she mumbled to herself but he heard it anyway. A small smile found way on his face as he held her chin up to make her look at him. 

N - I want you to assert your rights. Ask for what's yours, do you understand, Mrs. Khanna? - he asked making her smile as she nodded in affirmation. 

A - Understood, Mr. Khanna! - she chirped making him smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.6K 2.7K 8
β˜ΌοΈŽπ‘Άπ‘΅π‘¬ 𝑺𝑯𝑢𝑻𝑺 π‘ͺ𝑢𝑳𝑳𝑬π‘ͺπ‘»π‘°π‘Άπ‘΅β˜ΌοΈŽ πΏπ‘œπ‘£π‘’ π‘ β„Žπ‘œπ‘‘π‘  | π‘ƒπ‘¦π‘Žπ‘Žπ‘Ÿ π‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘˜π‘–π‘ π‘ π‘’ Some one shots that randomly pop into my mind filled...
91.8K 3.9K 32
✿ a collection of short Indian love tales, binded with care and fates ✿
126K 4K 21
collection of short stories, where people actually fall in love incandescently and encourage affection by dancing even if one's partner is barely tol...
34K 1.3K 16
This book is a collection of short love stories. Highest rank- #5 in #shortstorycollection on 1st May'21 Are you a sucker for short romantic love sto...