The 0th Corps Commander Becam...

By PopeOfDeonism

While resting in his room at the Demon Kings castle Deon passes out and regains memories of a certain red hai... More

Chapter 1 - Cale? It's Deon now!
Chapter 2 - Rest properly
Chapter 3 - Corps Commander Meeting
Chapter 4 - Fire of Destruction
Chapter 5 - Zeroth Corps Commander
Chapter 6 - A human?
Chapter 7 - Hero V.S. Villain
Chapter 8 - Confrontation
Chapter 9 - Deon's dress up day
Chapter 10 - Banquet after Banquet
Chapter 11 - I am home
Chapter 12 - Butterfly fiasco
Chapter 13 - Neutrality of Death
Chapter 14 - Quelling down a burning
Chapter 15 - Obsession after obsession
Chapter 16 - Cruel is very cruel
Chapter 17 - Daunting Memories
Chapter 18 - Oracles Revelation
Chapter 19 - An Unexpected Predicament
Chapter 20 - Blurry Destiny
Chapter 21 - Operation: Actors of Acting
Chapter 22 - Demon Arut's return
Chapter 23 - A slight change in the persona
Chapter 24 - A child?
Side Chapter: An older brother's perspective
Chapter 26 - You Lonely Child
Chapter 27 - Little Red Riding Hood, Don't die
Chapter 28 - Emergency
Chapter 29 - Friendly Threat
Chapter 30 - A Changed Outcome
Chapter 31 - Me or Him?
Chapter 32 - Family Bonding
Chapter 33 - Disturbances
Chapter 34 - Unforseen action
Chapter 35 - Power of Death!
Chapter 36 - The Coming of a War Against a Disaster
Chapter 37 - Changing Fate
Chapter 38 - A Better Life
Chapter 39 - Healing
Chapter 40 - Magic Regeneration?
Chapter 41 - Hyung-nim!
Chapter 42 - The Ending
Chapter 43 - Sneaky Child
Chapter 44 - A Wild Day Out
Chapter 45 - Blood Samples
Chapter 46 - Negotiation Gone Wrong
Chapter 47 - Threatening Negotiation
Chapter 48 - Collecting World Errors!
Chapter 49 - Improvement

Chapter 25 - All To Which Will Happen Eventually

1.6K 113 40
By PopeOfDeonism

"Yes, yes of course. I'll send you both back now, make sure to always be careful."

"Ok.."

The two siblings replied back in unison before the God of Death snapped his fingers once again.

***

"Hannah, I've got a message!"

"A message from the sun goddess?! Was it about young master Cale?"

Jack nodded at Hannah's question. Ever since they had to run away from the hero's party, they went out to seek refuge with Bud and Glenn. They then moved to the Endable Kingdom to which Fredo graciously welcomed them.

"She said that young master Cale was safe and is living much better now!"

"That's good to hear, he's been making me feel all worried ever since that crazy shi- incident happened."

Hannah sighed in frustration as she ran her hand through her hand. That Cale Henituse really knows how to make her worry the shit out of him.

Especially during that time, she had disagreed with the hero's party and she and her brother were both ostracized by everyone. They really thought she'd agree with them? No way, just because they were his allies doesn't mean she'll mindlessly agree with them. She and her brother only joined because of Cale Henituse.

If that man is gone and was killed by those people who had claimed to be his family and would protect them then there was no point in staying.

"Do you think we should tell Duke Fredo? Who's been worried over the young master for quite some time, he's even skipped his meals a lot."

"If that'll get him to eat then we should because at this rate he'll die of starvation."

Hannah lifted up her twin brother and held his hand. After Cale Henituse was gone, the sun goddess altered her blessings that were for them specifically. Now she and her twin brother could do things they would always do and heal people who lived off of dead mana. Though they weren't sure if this applied to other priests their divine energy didn't harm anyone except for Hannah's divine sword she had gotten from Cale.

Hannah and Jack stood in front of Fredo's office. They didn't know whether he was there or not or was sleeping. These days the duke seemed to have been unable to sleep at night only to sleep in the morning.

(Did I make Fredo really really doting and worried over Cale? yes i did.)

"Duke Fredo..."

"Oh, what brings you too here."

"The sun goddess delivered a message, about the young master! She said he is now okay and living better than before."

"Better than before... I'm glad then. Now that's one less thing to worry about."

Fredo sighed as he looked out the window. There used to be only one human residing here which was the Holy Maiden Cotton, now there were five people; Bud, Glenn, Hannah, Jack, and Cotton included. There were also now a lot of forces from the Raon Kingdom secretly deployed, the worst part was that they were also Dark Elves so it would be much harder to catch them all.

"Then we agree not to say a word right?"

The twin siblings nodded their heads vigorously. There's no way they'd share that Cale was safe if they did say it wouldn't end well for Cale, and they couldn't let that happen. So just knowing that they were safe was enough for them.

"What about us then? Can't we know too?"

Bud and Glenn walked in. This time instead of being the drunk man he usually was, he was acting like his usual self rather than drunk all the time. Glenn sighed, it took him long enough to drop his drunkard act like Cale.

"As long as it's not Clopeh... I don't want to hear him screaming 'Oh, the legend will always live on, I knew it!'"

Bud and Glenn stifled their laughter as they heard Hannah's response. But she wasn't wrong, Clopeh would definitely say something like that.

***

"Sir Arut, we're here."

"Haah... Let me go behind you, I don't want to see him."

Deon immediately went behind Ben while walking into the second city. He doesn't want to meet Gaicytel at all! He'd rather die than do so.

"Sir Gaicytel."

Ben greeted Gaicytel who came in a rush, with a sedan chair, Deon's worst nightmare. Deon could see the Tenth Corps Commander looking around for him and continued to hide behind Ben while Devilania could only sigh while holding the vampire kid's hand, the whole time in the carriage they still haven't learned what the girls name was and continued to call her kid. That was how unwillingly she was to talk.

"Hmm? Where is Sir Arut?"

"...Here.."

Deon gritted his teeth as he appeared in front of Gaicytel. He could see the demons whispering and gasping as he walked out from behind Ben. Well shit, he forgot to put his hood back on while they exited the carriage.

"And Gaicytel, what is that?"

He pointed at the sedan chair that was decorated, with a lot of flowers. It felt sickening to look at the sedan chair the longer he looked at it. Deon could see Gaicytel's expression brightening as he began to explain what it was to him.

"If you think I'm gonna sit on that..."

"It is optional!"

Gaicytel sweated nervously as he signaled a few demons to put away the sedan chair and led Deon and the group through the parade of demons. Deon could notice demons either staring at him or whispering something that was most likely about him and quickly put up his hood.

While walking, Devilania spotted another boutique and immediately dragged Deon into it while the others came running behind them. She threw a few outfits that suited Deon and threw it into his arms urging him to try it on. After a few minutes, Deon barely managed to make it out of the boutique.

'Come to think of it, there should be another kingdom near here. It was called the Southern Kingdom right?'

Deon looked at the dozens of mangos near a stall in the city then looked back at Gaicytel who looked at him nervously as if he had been found out.

"Gaicytel, there's a border here isn't there?"

He could notice the Tenth Corps Commander flinching and Devilania's face morphing into shock, immediately turning to Gaicytel for answers to which complied.

"Well... a few weeks ago, we happened to come across a border between the human realm and the demonic realm."

"And you hid it?!"

This time, Devilania shook Gaicytel's shoulder. She was angry and that was an understatement. She was angry over the fact he didn't even report it to the Demon King at all.

"It's fine, we'll go check it out and then report it to the Demon King. It's not as big of a deal."

Devilania let go of Gaicytel as she sighed. She couldn't say anything against Deon who didn't see it as much of a deal. She went behind Deon who dragged Gaicytel to bring them to the Southern Kingdom who had no choice but to do so.

***

"So this is the border..."

'Wow... It looks pretty.'

Deon stared at the bright sky in a daze, it was bright and free, and the birds flew straight through the sky free of any shackles stronger than ever. Unlike him, who gave in to the abuse, the imprisonment, and the torture of the feeling of loneliness.

"Sir Arut, you should be careful! The sunlight here is strong!"

"It's okay."

He ignored Ben's warning. It's been a very long time since he's seen such a clear sky ever since years ago. He wanted to admire the view even if it was just for a moment.

Deon could also see the monsters lurking around them as they walked through the forest. The demonic monsters aimed for them assuming they were prey, only to be slain immediately by a spear made of water, wires, and a suitcase.

(This is a really weird combo...)

'But... I really don't want them to cause a ruckus in the kingdom.. Thank god I managed to somehow convince the two vampires to stay back'

Before they had gone, Deon had convinced the girl to stay back with Gaicytel using the excuse that it was too dangerous for her. It would be dangerous somewhat if she was found out but overall their team was way too overpowered for anyone to die.

"What the hell? What is your business with us?"

Devilania readied her weapon but Deon stopped her. He knew exactly who these people were, he found it funny that the king sent people over to them. Was he not scared of Devilania and Ben?

"..We'd like to thank you mercenaries for slaying the monsters here..."

The group could see the knights shivering as they handed over the bag of gold. Deon didn't hesitate at all as he took the bag of gold, free money was free money. He was truly in bliss right now, he couldn't get the smile off of his face.

"Your king really cares for you huh?" Must be nice... Mine use me or lock me up in my own house..

Deon handed over the cloaks over to Devilania and Ben who wore them immediately. The knights shivered under Deon's monotone voice.

"P-please have a good journey!"

The group went past the knights who moved over to one side. Deon looked back at the knights who were now on the ground sighing in relief.

"Don't cause a ruckus while we observe them. Even if someone bumps into me." I don't want attention to be directed at me...

The two nodded in response and continued to walk behind Deon until they reached the Southern Kingdom. The kingdom was as lively as the novel had described it, the food stalls were packed with people and a mixture of loud chattering and laughter filled the place.

'Come to think of it, the name of this Kingdom was Taehon and was mediocre in terms of manpower and everything, just like the Roan Kingdom. Except this time the king wasn't as arrogant as Alberu.

"It's so lively here..."

Devilania commented on the loud sound of people talking. It was quite different than what she was used to and Ben could agree with her. Though it was loud in the Demon King's castle, it wasn't as loud as this.

"Congratulations, you know what I go through now."

Deon joked in a sarcastic tone and chuckled before returning to his stoic expression. Devilania watched this with sparkling eyes while Ben stared in shock at Deon who didn't pay attention to what he was doing.

'Oh, this reminds me of those guys.'

Holding up a charm with a red butterfly on it, Deon was reminded of the divine beasts that took the form of a butterfly. It's been some time since he had contacted them, he remembered that he assigned at least one of them to spy on Starbe Illuster.

'They must be having that conversation about the causes of deaths of the First prince and my family right now.'

Duke Illuster was seriously a greedy and crazy bastard. However unbeknownst to him, he was collecting more karma as he kept trying to climb up the stairs for a measly worn-out crown that'd soon be the cause of his end.

Deon smiled at the thought of paying him back ten times the amount as he dropped a gold coin for the butterfly charm. He also needed to find a way to get rid of Choi Han and the rest of the other people who crossed over here as well. However, right now he was too weak to do so and would have to leave them alone, for now.

***

Sjsjskkk... Don't mind the shorter chapter today, I posted twice so I hope it makes up in some way(?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 261 7
Collections of Oneshots and special chapters [from my other book] 1. [The Green Dragon's Diary] -Cale Henituse never trusts his gut feelings. Be...
Reason By Ociii7

Fanfiction

10.7K 802 11
Cale Henituse, the Roan Empire's Silver Shield Commander who was loved by all, breathed his last in old age surrounded by his precious family. Cale...
5.6K 170 4
After becoming Cale Henituse Kim rok soo finds himself in a room with the characters he wishes to avoid. Can he achieve his dream slacker life or wil...
10.7K 631 9
The son of a Count in Northeast of Roan Kingdom, is named Cale Henituse, had lost his mother and his father had neglected him. The once cheerful chil...