Blue Moon ; benny rodriguez...

By tzurue

๐–žou saw me standing alone. เฑจเญง benny rodriguez x y/n lee. the sandlot (1993). started: march 18, 2024. finish... More

blue moon.
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter three.
chapter four.
chapter five.
chapter six.
chapter seven.
chapter eight.
chapter nine.
chapter ten.
chapter eleven.
chapter twelve.
chapter thirteen.
the future & onwards.

chapter fourteen.

46 0 0
By tzurue

You're currently wearing one of Benny's extra jerseys. Not extra, more so it was old, and he outgrown it. It was too small enough for him, but the right size just for you. So you wore that over a random shirt and jeans-Benny found these when he dug deep in his drawers.

So now you wore a jacket with Rodriguez at the back. Oh gosh, now everyone was gonna know you and him were dating!

"Wait!" Benny paused, you packed up everything, including Mr. Chomps, and you two were out to his front door ready to go. "I need my flyers." Benny walked to his garage, where all his shoes were mostly stored.

"Flyers? You don't need posters for your attempt of suicide." You furrow your eyebrows.

"No, no, no, no, that's not what these are." Benny shook his head and shuffled through some boxes. He found a light green box, and it looked brand new. "My dad got me these for my fourteenth." He explained, PF the box was labeled.

"What does it do?" You questioned, intrigued.

"A secret weapon, these guarantee extra speed and jump heights." Benny explains, "I'm not gonna mess them up just walking to get the group, I'll wear them when I'll do it." Benny added.

"I hope you don't hurt yourself when you do it, babe." You hope.

"I won't, I won't." Benny shook his head.

"Apparently this Beast can eat you, and that doesn't sound pleasant to think about. We haven't even reached a one month anniversary." You frown.

"It's been a week! And one month of mutual pining since we first met." Benny explained.

"Yeah! A week! That's so little!" You pinch your fingers, exaggerating its size.

"Well, if I do end up somehow dying, I'll think of you." Benny says.

"No, because you won't die. I'll pull your heart rate right from the tomb to wake up again. Because if you think you're dying first, man, you're so wrong." You declare.

"It's a good thing you're in my side and supporting me doing this. I think everyone else is gonna freak. Real badly." Benny smiled, "So thanks. Thanks for everything that's happened to me recently, actually." Benny added.

"Yeah, don't mention it." You shrug, "But yeah, the kids will freak, they're gonna think you're gonna die and they might grow gray hairs just at the thought of it." You thought of the idea, even chuckling at it.

"Alright, we ready to go?" He asked.

"I'm not gonna bring this bag, right? I'll drop it off at my mom's real quickly." You tell him.

"Yeah, yeah, of course. Go do that right now, so we can be together more too." Benny suggests.

You sigh with a smile, "Okay, handsome."

You open the door and take a quick run to your house. It wasn't too bad, the door was always unlocked. You assumed both of your parents were sleeping. Additionally, you had enough time to leave your bag on the kitchen table, and leave a note.

Hey, going with Benny to the sandlot. If this is mom reading this, I'll tell you what happened when I get home!

It was a really quick trip! And you knew you had to visit, because your mom would be very concerned and would probably call the house phone to the Rodriguez' phone.

"We gotta wake up Scotty first?" You guessed.

"Yeah, he's the closest." Benny nods. He was running right for the window.

"Hey! Why are we running so early! I barely warmed up!" You cry tiredly already, Benny laughs.

Benny walked back to hold your hand, you were relived. But Benny was being a little-he continued to run while holding your hand! You roll your eyes at his foolish antics.

But seeing him with that stupid grin on his face when you were at the window made it go away.

Benny frantically knocked on the window to Scotty's bedroom. "Hey, how'd you know this is his?" You ask with furrowed brows.

Benny gave you a look, "Ham and I hung out with him once, remember? You had allergies?" He reminds. You still looked at him skeptically, but it's whatever.

Benny paced around in circles, growing impatient. "Where is Smalls? He didn't sleep over at anyone's, right?" Benny asked, you shook your head. "Well go knock again, won't you?" He did so. "If he doesn't answer in five seconds, I'll do it again." Benny declared.

Poor Scotty thought he was getting broken into! He looked around his room, and was wondering if he was having hallucinations. He even hugged his own teddy bear in fear! Then he heard the knock again.

"Oh..." Scotty murmured, moved his curtain and opened his window to see you and Benny.

"We had a dream. Get dressed. We're going to the sandlot. Come on." Benny told.

"Okay. Wait. I'll get my stuff!" Scotty nods.

"He just woke up." You reply.

"So? The sandlot never sleeps!" Benny retorts. "He'll just have to face being last...again."

You guys did the same cycle for each kid: go to their house, knock on their window to their bedroom (or throw pebbles until you saw the window open), and tell them to hurry and go to the Sandlot.

"You guys! I have a good idea on how we can probably get the ball back!" Bertram spoke, you guys were at his house.

"The thought's nice. But me and Cariño had a dream on how to. Bertram, come to the sandlot. Fast." Benny explained.

Bertram was confused, but nodded. "Hm...less work for me." He gave you two a thumbs up before closing the window, and getting ready to go.

You still grew curious about what Bertram's original plan was. Not that it'd work anyway, but the thought of this possibly being more grand than Scotty's erector sets sounds interesting.

┆ ⋆.˚ ☾ .⭒˚ ┆

Only one kid in history had ever attempted what Benny was about to do, and he, apparently, got eaten. Gruesome.

So everyone was worried, real worried. You were too! Even though you met the ghost of Babe Ruth (which, by the way, is wow. though no one besides Benny would believe you. Not even the boys did.), you still doubted the soul of The Beast.

It was dangerous, and you knew it. "We can't let him do this, man." Kenny comments.

"Mom, why'd you let him do this?!" Tommy asked.

"I believe he'll be able to successfully do it. He's Benny fucking Rodriguez." You reply. "And if he does die, I'll put that boy out his own grave."

Scotty wanted to steer the direction as Benny finished putting on his PF flyers. He wanted to prevent him from doing this. He was flabbergasted knowing you, of all people there, was so nonchalant with him doing this!

"Benny, wait." Scotty spoke, noticing Benny at the car he planned to jump on to go to the fence. "It's okay. It was my fault. You don't have to do this." Scotty pleaded.

"Yeah. Come on, Benny, man. You don't have to do it. Forget about it." Squints spoke, "It's like committing suicide, Benny. Don't do it."

"Yeah, don't do it, Benny." Timmy spoke.

"Yeah. Don't do it. It's suicide." Tommy repeats.

"Yeah, I do, Smalls. I have to do this." Benny spoke, and was about to cling onto the car. Oh gosh, you couldn't take this!

"Benny, wait!" You run over to him on the tire. You get on it with him, and he was concerned.

"No, you're not going to do it instead of me. Don't even think about it." Benny spoke.

"No, I wasn't gonna." You shook your head. "I just wanna let you know that if you die, I'll pull you from the grave before Babe Ruth's ghost can even say hello again." You threaten, "Because seriously, this plan is so highly dangerous. And I'm scared of losing you even though we haven't know each other for a while." Your voice cracked, because you could feel your eyes slightly watering.

Benny's heart cracked a little as well. You weren't so...sad. You're just very uncomfortable expressing your emotions.

"Because you're so great, Benny. You're courageous for even doing this. And if you somehow die, and I somehow don't pull you from the tomb, we'll miss you. And we'll continue baseball, right here, right at this sandlot." You finish.

"Oh, and have this. I don't know what any kinda omen this could be, and I don't wanna say take it as a good luck charm because that could end up really bad. And really horrible." You add, and gave him a really long kiss on the lips.

You notice his face redden, because you never dared to show such affection in front of the boys-who used their hats to cover their faces the whole time. That was them all besides Squints.

"There. I'm done talking. You can go now." You finish, gave Benny another kiss on the cheek, and walked over to your place near the boys.

It was complete panic mode the second you saw Benny give you all a thumbs up, and hopped over the fence.

"Oh god. I can't do this." You collapse criss crossed apple sauced on the floor.

The boys did too. "Because why'd you approve the man to do it?! I bet if you said no, he wouldn't done it." Kenny spoke.

"No he wouldn't. Last night we both dreamt the same thing. The exact same thing. We met Babe Ruth, his ghost...and he was advising Benny and stuff. It was freaky. But I'll respect the Great Bambino and not go against it." You ramble.

"I swear, if any of you've been to Benny's house, he has that one Aaron guy card—I think that's his name—and Babe asked to get it. It's not even there anymore, and I never even knew he had one!" You added.

"Sure, sure." Bertram shrugs.

"You guys think Benny's gonna make it?" Kenny asked.

"That's the dream. And we're in America." You answer, they all look at you like you asked who Babe Ruth was. "The American dream?? And we're living in it?" You explain.

"Um...yeah, sure." Scotty hesitantly went along with you, "The American dream, guys. Now we just have to wait."

You heard barking, and chains clashing. Oh gosh. This was it, Benny's getting eaten!

Thanks to the ghost of Babe Ruth, Benny jumped over the fence. Alive, in one piece! With the ball! You breathed out of relief as the boys crowded around him and cheered happily.

Benny looked petrified as he tried to look around if The Beast was still around, trying to figure out if he truly had won a victory.

You notice his face hardened, "Oh, shit!" He exclaimed. Everyone's eyes widened, The Beast itself hopped over the fence.

It was on the run, and so was Benny. The team, includes you, turned and watched the dog chase Benny. But you, you had to act fast.

"Hey! It's a mastiff!" You exclaim, "We gotta get Benny before The Beast gets him!" You sprint over, and it takes the boys a few seconds to register before following you too.

"Come on, guys! What are we waiting for? Let's get him!" Scotty yelled, knocking everyone out their daze and going on the run too.

You ran from out the Sandlot, through the sidewalk, you just had to keep your eyes on Benny! You screamed as you almost saw him get ran over by a nearby car—thankfully a grandma was driving.

This dog just never stopped! They don't call it The Beast for nothing! You all had to hop over trash, which is really rude and you wished Benny could've picked them up all after. Truly, you would've stopped to clean it right there but the scenario right now? Definitely not the time.

Oh, and it was now the point in which you've reached the Founders Day festival. Did you have any idea what it was? No. Not at all. But you did get yourself a little adventure as you tried to save a multi layered cake-successfully!

As the chefs begun to set their four layered cake on the table, a man with really long legs began to topple. And that's where the boys and you came running along, Ham even stuck his finger in it to take a lick of the frosting!

"Whoa! Whoa!" The man with long legs cried as he toppled, he fell down at one edge of the table, creating a sea-saw effect to the cake.

You take the wooden thing the chefs originally set down on the table, and pray and hoped at least some of the cake ended up not on the floor. You pretended it was just a really huge baseball, and the wooden pan was a mitt.

You heard applauses and cheers, you opened your eyes to reveal the cake all in one piece.

"Sorry, man, I gotta go get a Beast, and my boyfriend." You didn't realize how heavy this cake truly was, and you were holding it with only two of your arms as you quickly set it down on the table behind the chefs.

By now you were out of breath, and trying to catch up with the boys. Man, this was good cardio, it was a hell of a cardio as well. You somehow managed to get caught up with the boys near the community pool you guys got banned from a month ago.

"Where were you?!" Yeah-Yeah asked.

"Saving a cake." You simply reply, trying to catch your breath.

"Look out! Look out! Look out! Sandlot, sandlot, sandlot! Sandlot! Let's go!" Benny yelled.

He was having the home run of his life, and he was still running! But hey, so was The Beast.

"This way! Sandlot! Shortcut, you guys! Let's go!" Squints announced, and you all followed him as the lead.

By now, you were all back at the fence. Basically, it was a lap around town. You were all panting, drenched in sweat, crouching, and tired.

"Where is he?" Ham asked.

"I don't know, but I'm sure that I'll dig up my own grave before Benny can." You mutter.

"Does anyone see him? Where is he?" Bertram asked.

Scotty looked around, near the entrance of the sandlot. "There he is!" Scotty exclaimed, and all of your eyes snap towards Benny, still running for his life. Shouldn't his adrenaline rush run out by now?

"Oh, no." Squints comments, Benny and The Beast were running scarily closer to you guys. You heard him groan as the cloth from his jersey ripped! The Beast caught up to him! His jacket ripped!

"Move out the way!" You yell, and the group splits into two for Benny. Oh gosh, where was he going to run?

You realize there was only one place: the fence. Benny hopped over the fence. And it wasn't much longer before The Beast followed him. Additionally, it wasn't much longer to find the whole fence collapse.

It collapsed! The Beast wasn't moving! Oh, shit. You realize. The Beast had fallen, it was a dog. The Beast wasn't invincible after all.

Everyone stood frozen, and you were quickly knocked out that daze when you heard the whimper of a poor dog.

lOh, gosh." You whisper.

"Oh, man." Scotty looked at you as well. You both give each other a nod as you walked over the fence.

Pathetically, you both tried to lift it up. "We're weak!" You cry out of tiredness.

"Come on, guys! Help us!" Scotty said. "Please!" He begs to no avail.

"Benny! Help! He's hurt! It's just a dog who wants to play! It's not gonna hurt you, not anymore." You looked towards him.

It seemed like Kenny was right, anything you asked him to do he'd do without a second thought. He walked over to you and Scotty near the fence.

"We can't lift it up so high if it's just us." Scotty explained.

Benny took a deep breath as he, you, and Scotty lifted up the fence. It was high enough for The Beast to get up and run. In an instance you released the fence back to the ground. Out of breath again, were the three of you.

Scotty turned to look behind him, and it made you almost giggle at his terrified expression. The Beast was facing him, right in front of him. You watched in curiosity. Benny stood up quickly, and reached his hand out for you to get up as well.

"Hey, get up," He softly whispered, and that caught your attention.

You got up, Scotty and The Beast were still having their staring contest. You and Benny look at each other in confusion, or was it because of fear?

But the fear washed away, because The Beast simply licked Scotty all over the face.

"That's the fourth member to have their first kiss." You mutter, jokingly, of course. Benny cracked a small smile as The Beast walked around to a little corner of the backyard. Scotty followed.

It was old pieces of something, like a small shed surrounded by worn down barrels, and there was the most interesting thing you've seen yet-today.

"Wow!" You all hum in awe. It was a small dug up hole of baseballs.

"Now we can play forever." Benny said excitedly. You pet The Beast, you didn't have a full reason why, you just did. And he was nicely groomed, which was a surprise.

The Beast licked your hand in reply, you giggle.

Squints proposed the idea to collect each baseball as Scotty and Benny went inside to inform Mr. Mertle about, well, everything. The first step was to make sure he was even home-the Mr.

Benny and Scotty knocked on the door. The backyard door. There was this dark skinned guy with black tinted glasses with overalls.

"Hello?" His voice was very strong.

"This is bad. This is very bad." Squints comments.

"Um, we...we, we brought your dog home." Scotty nervously informed.

"Hercules? How'd he get out?" Mr. Mertle interrogated.

"I'm telling you guys, we should've just turned it loose." Squints comments.

"Oh shush, it's a helpless dog. Who knows how long The Bea—Hercules has been here and the only company is that guy." You defended.

"Um, well, uh, we...we uh..." Scotty stammered.

"Well what happened was, we hit a baseball into your yard. We tried to get it back." Benny spoke up.

"So you're the ones that've been making all that racket." Mr. Mertle says.

"Yes, sir." Scotty nods.

"You get it?" He asked Benny.

"Um, y-yeah." Benny handed Scotty the ball to show to him.

"Well, first time that anybody ever got the best of old Hercules." Mr. Mertle remarks, "Why didn't you just knock on the door? I'd have gotten it for you." He questioned.

Your blood boiled. "Squints!" You yell.

"Oh, my god!" Everyone else was pissed! They were all hitting him! And you didn't even care at this rare circumstance.

"H-hey! We got the ball back, didn't we?" Squints points out.

"Well we almost got killed!" Ham yelled.

"But didn't we get the ball back?" Squints explained, "We got the ball back..." He repeats.

Mr. Mertle cackled, "Thanks for bringing him home. Come on in." Mr. Mertle invited the two.

They were inside, and now it was time for you other guys to get the baseballs. Each and every one.

"Squints. You're diabolical." You say, really angrily as you began to squat down at the hole.

"Well? Come on! We gotta gather up all these new baseballs, clean 'em, and get to some playing!" You shout.

"Yeah!" The boys cheer and go with you.

┆ ⋆.˚ ☾ .⭒˚ ┆

After the fiasco was over, Benny had continued his tradition: walking you home.

"Today was long." Benny comments.

"Excruciatingly long." You chuckle, "I'm glad you never have to do anything like that. Ever, not ever, again." You reply. Benny's heart rate was still sped up, and he still felt really sweaty.

"You want your jersey back? Yours is kinda..." You cringe at even trying to word it.

"Ripped? No, keep it. I gave it to you, Princesa, and you look great!" Benny grinned. "I especially like the Rodriguez spelt on the back. On your back." He teased.

You blushed, "Marriage, Benny, too quick, too quick!" You shook your head.

"Hey! At any given moment I could be kneeling on one knee." Benny reminds.

"Yeah, sure, but we're kids. Small tiny kids, and we didn't even graduate middle school yet." You bring up sarcastically.

"Oh gosh, summer is ending soon. We have school." You groan.

"Hey, it's not that bad. You'll be stuck with so many classes with me. And we'll have those school dances I told you about, where they play all kinds of music. And do all kinds of dances. We can slow dance to your favorite tunes. This year will be great." Benny imagined.

"Hey, you think the whole town will figure out you've outdone The Beast?" You ask, "Man, you were having the adrenaline rush of your life."

"I know, I'm surprised I'm still alive." Benny put his hand on his heart.

"I know, you were fast. Fast as a jet." You joke, then laugh at some joke you were really questioning yourself to say.

"What? Hey, I wanna know what's so funny too, Cariño." Benny asked.

"You're Benny 'The Jet' Rodriguez." You giggled.

Benny shook his head with a slight laugh, and grabbed your face with his hand. He gave you a kiss.

┆ ⋆.˚ ☾ .⭒˚ ┆

just the epilogue next for the canon... 🥹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 1.4K 12
This is a Benny Rodriguez X Reader Fanfic. I do not own any of the characters from the Sandlot or the movie. Lemme know what ya think. Comment and vo...
327K 6.1K 30
[Book 2 - Sequel of All That Matters] โYou give me purpose.โž All Rights Reserved ยป NotMakayla
8.2K 67 25
(I know it's in 1962 but she's gonna have a Walkman cause I need her too) Y/n Peters has known Scotty Smalls since she was in second grade, she's old...
75.7K 1K 53
โ don't blame yourself for falling in love. โž โœง.* ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐’๐”๐Œ๐Œ๐„๐‘ ๐Ž๐… ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ' ... a fifteen-year-old girl is sent to stay the summer with her gran...