The 0th Corps Commander Becam...

By PopeOfDeonism

While resting in his room at the Demon Kings castle Deon passes out and regains memories of a certain red hai... More

Chapter 1 - Cale? It's Deon now!
Chapter 2 - Rest properly
Chapter 3 - Corps Commander Meeting
Chapter 4 - Fire of Destruction
Chapter 5 - Zeroth Corps Commander
Chapter 6 - A human?
Chapter 7 - Hero V.S. Villain
Chapter 8 - Confrontation
Chapter 9 - Deon's dress up day
Chapter 10 - Banquet after Banquet
Chapter 11 - I am home
Chapter 12 - Butterfly fiasco
Chapter 13 - Neutrality of Death
Chapter 14 - Quelling down a burning
Chapter 15 - Obsession after obsession
Chapter 16 - Cruel is very cruel
Chapter 17 - Daunting Memories
Chapter 18 - Oracles Revelation
Chapter 19 - An Unexpected Predicament
Chapter 20 - Blurry Destiny
Chapter 21 - Operation: Actors of Acting
Chapter 22 - Demon Arut's return
Chapter 23 - A slight change in the persona
Side Chapter: An older brother's perspective
Chapter 25 - All To Which Will Happen Eventually
Chapter 26 - You Lonely Child
Chapter 27 - Little Red Riding Hood, Don't die
Chapter 28 - Emergency
Chapter 29 - Friendly Threat
Chapter 30 - A Changed Outcome
Chapter 31 - Me or Him?
Chapter 32 - Family Bonding
Chapter 33 - Disturbances
Chapter 34 - Unforseen action
Chapter 35 - Power of Death!
Chapter 36 - The Coming of a War Against a Disaster
Chapter 37 - Changing Fate
Chapter 38 - A Better Life
Chapter 39 - Healing
Chapter 40 - Magic Regeneration?
Chapter 41 - Hyung-nim!
Chapter 42 - The Ending
Chapter 43 - Sneaky Child
Chapter 44 - A Wild Day Out
Chapter 45 - Blood Samples
Chapter 46 - Negotiation Gone Wrong
Chapter 47 - Threatening Negotiation
Chapter 48 - Collecting World Errors!
Chapter 49 - Improvement

Chapter 24 - A child?

1.7K 119 22
By PopeOfDeonism

Previously...

"Yes, his majesty asked me to bring you along to visit the second city with me."

"I see... I guess I'll have to pack up then." My poor slacker life... I will definitely retire once this is all over!

Deon mentally cried to himself (again) about the misfortunes in his life. He wished he reincarnated as a side character who had no relevance to the plot.

***

"I thought it would just be a trip with just us Sir Arut.."

"His Majesty ordered this."

"But, I don't want to go with you."

Devilania pouted while having a glaring competition with Ben who did the same right back at her. Deon watched this with an expressionless face and sighed, who knew a corps commander could be so childish? Did they really live for over hundreds of years?

'What is wrong with these corps commanders... Why are they suddenly like kids whenever in front of me...'

Deon sighed as he watched the two demons continue their heated glaring competition and opened the book he found in the library. He quickly flipped through the pages, stopping the two demons from their glaring contest. They looked at Deon baffled, did he actually remember all of that?

"Sir Arut... Do you remember all of that?"

"Umm, yes?"

"... ..."

Devilania and Ben looked at each other checking to see if they heard that correctly then looked back at Deon who wasn't even paying attention to them, that was because he was a little shocked at the information shown in the book.

'What the fuck?! The God of Death is a neutral god? There's also many cases of his saints helping the Demon King and a lot of others who helped the Human Realm.'

Deon could tell why the Demon King sounded disappointed when he brought up the God of Death. It would be bad for the Demon King if the saint ended up on the Empire's side considering how overpowered they were. Well too bad that saint wants to run away from both now.

Bang!

"Sir Arut! Dame Devilania! There is an emergency, there are too many demonic monsters!"

Deon closed the book he was holding and peeked over the demon's shoulder to take a look at the demonic monsters that were beginning to swarm around them.

'Holy shit that is as much as the first day of the cataclysm..'

The group quickly got out of the carriage and observed the current observation. They could see the Second Corps Members fighting, so far they were doing well, for now. But Deon knew that soon after he and Devilania would have to jump in.

"Then I'll join the battle first."

Deon looked at Devilania who immediately rushed in and joined in the battle with the rest of the corps. He could feel Ben's gaze on him while he stood still and remembered the contents of the conversation Ben had with the Demon King.

'Me being used? That's bullshit, the only person who can use me is myself, not even the God of Death can use me. Just thinking about it makes me pissed. Why does everyone want to use me?'

Deon slowly walked towards the group of demonic beasts as he activated Dominating Aura just enough to scare off the lower-ranked to middle-ranked demonic monsters.

"Dame Devilania, it seems that the amount of demonic monsters miraculously decreased."

"...I'll set up a trap for the remaining demonic monsters. But please, be careful."

"I'll leave it to you."

Devilania set up an array of wires, trapping the high-ranking demonic monsters in one place. While some moved and immediately died, the rest used their survival instincts and stayed in place waiting for the right moment.

With the array of wires now set up, Deon ran to the horde of monsters and summoned dozens of rock spears, aiming them at the demonic monster's weak point while luring the others into the clusters of wires that Devilania had set up just a moment ago.

***

"..We've completely wiped out half of the demonic monsters... You can put them away now."

Devilania nodded and put away the clusters of wires that were once hanging around slicing up demonic monsters hesitantly. She didn't know why Sir Arut wanted to put away the trap set up but did so anyway.

However, she was unaware of the next ongoing events that would happen. Of course, Deon knew that Syllua the 7th Corps commander would eventually come even if he didn't call the Demon King through Ben. That was because he saw someone run back a while ago as they exited the carriage.

"Sir Arut! Behind you-"

Kieeekkk!

With a loud shriek, the demonic monster behind Deon immediately fell with a dagger in its head. A blonde woman appeared right in front of Devilania and looked straight at Deon who kept a stoic face that seemed cold.

"Sir Arut! I'm here, were you expecting me?"

"..."

"Oh, is it the other Sir Arut this time?!"

"You seem to know a lot about me."

Deon stood still and looked at Syllua coldly as she circulated around him excitedly. He knew that she was one of the corps commanders who knew he had a split personality.

"Oh? This is new side of Sir Arut, I haven't seen this side to him when he was rational."

'What a crazy ass.'

"No reply, that's disappointing...
Oh well, go attack the demonic monsters!"

After a few minutes when the demonic monsters had successfully been wiped out or fled away, Deon covered his mouth, he noticed that the recoil was about to happen since he used the Super Rock for a fairly long period of time.

Turning around, Deon headed towards a nearby tree and coughed up a lesser amount of blood than he usually would as Cale Henituse.

"Sir Arut- are you okay? The necklace lit up!"

"I'm fine."

Thanks to the amount of blood he got on him from the demonic monsters, the blood leaking from Deon's mouth wasn't as noticeable. Though Deon noticed that Syllua kept looking at him or giving side glances ever since she had arrived here.

"Dame Devilania... Has Sir Arut ever had hair this long?"

"Ah... well, I'm not sure either..."

Truthfully, Devilania had never seen Sir Arut with long hair in the past two years she had met him. But it didn't really matter since he was still their Zeroth Corps Commander, and she also had fun dressing him up. And she would proudly admit this again.

"Ah! We better get going to the second city now. I guess this is where our paths will diverge from now Dame Syllua."

"...The Tenth Corps Commander..."

Syllua gritted her teeth as she thought about Gaicytel who was the Tenth Corps Commander and the one who oversees the second city. Deon could understand her, seeing as to how he was literally treated like a blessing in there made him want to cry. He doesn't want to sit on a sedan chair at all!

"Haah... I really don't want to meet him."

"Well... we'll have to do so..."

Deon rolled his eyes at Devilania's response. He doesn't care if he has to meet that crazy bastard, he just doesn't want to meet him at all.

"Hmm?"

Deon noticed something lurking in the bushes and went over there to check. He remembered that there shouldn't be anyone hiding here, so why was there someone here? Grabbing whatever he could hold onto, Deon lifted up whatever was here, or tried to.

"Oww!"

'What the fuck-'

Deon backed away immediately after hearing a little girl's voice. He looked back and saw a raven-headed girl with red eyes similar to his, he assumed she was a vampire based on her hair and eye color as well as the small fangs she had.

"Ugh?!"

The girl immediately bit Deon's hand, causing blood to drip from his hand. This alarmed Ben since the necklace lit up once again and rushed over to Deon who was on his knees staring at the girl stoically.

(What a wild cat...)

"Sir Arut?!-"

Deon lifted his free hand up to Ben, stopping him from getting any closer to him. After a few minutes, the girl let go of Deon's hand and started crying. This confused both Deon and Ben, what type of (vampire) kid cries after sucking someone's blood?

"...Ben do you know why she's crying...?" I didn't hit her repeatedly or raise my voice at her why is she crying?!

"No, not at all... But I believe we should get going... Our trip is being delayed right now..."

"Alright."

Deon got up from the ground and went to the carriage with Ben. What he didn't expect was the girl clinging to his leg. He turned back and tried to shake the girl off of his legs, which did not work at all.

In the end, he had to bring her along with him into the carriage.

"This girl is..."

"I don't know, she kept clinging on to me."

Devilania looked at the young vampire who was still clinging on to Deon. This was the first time she had seen a young child outside near the outskirts where many demonic monsters were lurking around.

'Her parents either abandoned her or died and she was the only one alive.'

He looked at the girl who was now sleeping in his lap. Looking at the girl sleeping so comfortably made him want to sleep too, he also wanted to sleep! Yawning, Deon slowly closed his eyes and fell to sleep right away.

***

"You're finally here, you were the last to arrive my child."

"...I'm not your child."

"Well now you are!"

Deon gave a glare to the God of Death who brushed it off and looked at Cruel who payed no attention to him at all.

Why do his children hate him so much?!

"Anyway... I came to talk to you two about something. It's about you Deon so you should probably listen."

"I kind of don't want to hear it..."

"Well you have to anyways."

The God of Death snapped his fingers and the scenery changed from a pitch black room to a modern office. Deon realized this place as the office the God of Death used frequently.

'Hey... if you're gonna talk about my past life...'

"He already knows."

'He does...? And he's not mad?'

Deon remembered when he tried to talk to Deruth and his family about his transmigration. They first played it off but when they realized he was serious, they screamed curses at him telling him to give back their sons body. He had to lie and say it was just a disguise, he remembered Choi Han's indifferent look while he got yelled at, it was the first time he'd ever seen such a side to them. Things only got worse from there.

"Geez, it's either in the Thames blood or you overthink things too much."

The God of Death flicked Deon's forehead causing the latter to flinch in pain rubbing his forehead.

"Back to the main topic. As you know, your past family is trying to resurrect you or well bring your soul back into your old body. So far they're setting stuff up for the ritual but we already blocked the pathway through both worlds."

The God of Death could see a vein appearing on Cruel's forehead. He knew he chose the right person to be his child's older brother, originally Cruel was supposed to live a happy life with his parents without Deon but if the Cruel there wanted a little brother, why not actually give him one?

He knew it was quite heartless to change the fate of his life by reincarnating Cale there as Deon, but what choice did he have left? In the end it all worked out despite the sufferings, it was also one of the worlds farthest away from Nameless One where the Roan Kingdom resided in.

"When that happens, Deon will immediately fall into a short coma. He might get symptoms like a cold happening but it will be heavier than your normal flu. That's because we lowered the pain he'd feel as much as we can."

"Is it because my soul would in between the two worlds?"

Deon concluded that it'd have something to do with his soul. Since they were trying to bring him back and the gods were trying to keep him here it would probably make his soul go back and forth.

"Precisely, which is why I need you Cruel to immediately get Deon away from those crazy lunatics. Right at that moment, Deon will be more vulnerable than ever and if he dies, it will cause an imbalance and he will automatically go back to his world."

"I was already planning to do so even if you haven't told me."

"Yes, yes of course. I'll send you both back now, make sure to always be careful."

"Ok.."

The two siblings replied back in unison before the God of Death snapped his fingers once again.

(Kind of reminds me of a dad telling his kids to be careful at school LMFAO)

***

So far I'm not sure how to progress since I didn't finish the novel... but I'm planning on making it diverge completely from canon...

A little hint in this is that A LOT of different gods will be getting involved.

Will they be enemies or allies? No comment at all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 170 4
After becoming Cale Henituse Kim rok soo finds himself in a room with the characters he wishes to avoid. Can he achieve his dream slacker life or wil...
5.4K 440 4
If he had known his dream would lead to this end. He doesn't want it. The scarifies that were made. The feeling of loss that revolved around him. ...
108K 8.7K 20
Cale knew that he died, right after a few minutes after the White Star stabbed him a dagger coated with dead mana just like how he stabbed the other...
18.7K 1.4K 18
Cale henituse did 'not' survived after using instant. Time is morphed and crumbled after Cale used the said power, to prevent the chaos erupting, th...