Ven Degrad: The Prophecy

Bởi 18yearoldwriter

Abandoned at an orphanage by his mother, Ven lives a muggle life, knowing nothing of his blood. However, a th... Xem Thêm

Authors Words
What the characters look like:
Chapter 1: The Past
Chapter 2: The Orphanage
Chapter 3: Lies Unraveled?
Chapter 4: Inside a Coffin of Lies
Chapter 5: Diagonally
Chapter 6: Platform 9 & 3/4
Chapter 7: The Sorting Hat
Chapter 8: Got Riddles?
Chapter 9: Are you Crazy?!
Chapter 10: McGonagall catches on
Chapter 11: McGonagall Catches On Part 2

Chapter 12: Saving Hazel

1 0 0
Bởi 18yearoldwriter

"You said you have a plan then?" Scorpius asked unsure of Albus's capabilities.

"Yes," Albus said, nervous of what Scorpius might think, "While the two of you were coming up with the spell. I scouted out each place a werewolf has been seen and I made a map."

Albus took out a map from his pocket and laid it flat on the bed. Ven and Scorpius lean forward, to get a better look.

"You went to the forbidden forest?!" Scorpius asked.

"No," Albus said quickly.

"Then how-"

"Flich has the most peculiar records of the Hogwarts grounds," Albus said smirking, "As you can see there is one specific area that has the most werewolf sightings. That's where my plan comes in. I'll take my broom and go to the spot and howl."

Scorpius and Ven start to snicker.

"It's not funny," Scorpius and Ven's laugh dies down, "That's how I'll lure the werewolf towards the castle."

"I see, do you want us to do anything?" Scorpius asked.

"Yes, Ven you need to pretend like you need Hazel to tutor you. Whatever you do, you have to convince her to stay out late."

"Done," Ven said.

"I'll lure the werewolf towards the library and that's when you use the spell."

"Not a bad plan," Scorpius said.

"Better than crafting a whole spell," Albus murmured.

"Let's just hope it works," Ven said, "Don't get me wrong, I'm confident. Nervous, but confident."

"If you used even half of the power you did in transfiguration you'll do exceptional!" Scorpius said encouragingly.

"Yes, which can only be done in the moment," Ven said.

"Why don't we all sleep on it?" Albus suggested.

"Alright," Ven said.

"Good idea," Scorpius said as he yawned.

The three went to bed, well, only two of them. Ven couldn't sleep.

Was it all just luck? In transfiguration? Ven wonders how everything came together so quickly. When casting the spell everything felt just right. Would fear drive him to mess up tomorrow? What if he accidentally killed the werewolf?

Only time can tell.

——————————————————————————

The next morning, Ven, Scoripus and Albus woke early. They wanted to give Ven the time to ask Hazel about tutoring him.

The trio walked towards the great hall, Ven seemed very confident, while Albus fidgeted with his robe. They walked into the great hall and only a few people were there. The three sat down so that their backs weren't turned towards the other tables.

Students started to trickle in slowly. The three ate their food at a slow pace. An hour in Hazel entered. She sat down and ate her food. Then Ven quickly finished his food and stood on the stairs next to the great hall door.

When Ven saw Hazel walk out of the door he pretended as if he was walking down the stairs.

"Hazel!" Ven called.

Hazel turned around to see Ven.

"Good morning Ven."

"Morning, how are you?"

"Good, Yourself?"

"I'm good," Ven said with a flirtatious smile, "From what you saw in transfiguration some weeks ago, Scorpius has been trying to tutor me. But honestly he's not the greatest. So I was wondering if you might be able to help me."

"You want me to be your tutor?"

"Yeah."

"Did you know that I'm an assigned tutor?" Hazel says holding up, what looks like, a necklace with a tag with a code on it.

"Oh, I didn't. Do you have others that you tutor?"

"Yes I do. When are you free to do a session?"

"How about after dinner? I don't really have any free periods."

"Alright, that works for me. I'll sign up for that time slot."

"Alright cool, see ya tonight," Ven said slowly walking away, but still looking at Hazel charmingly.

"Bye," Hazel says with a half smile.

Hazel walks in the other direction and Ven walks towards Scorpius and Albus, who are hiding in the corner.

"So?" Scorpius questioned wide eyed.

"She said yes!" Ven said.

The three celebrated. Albus quickly stopped, hung his head low, and pointed quickly behind Ven. Ven turned to see Marigold who seemed slightly sad. Marigold quickly walked away as Ven turned in her direction.

Ven looked back at his friends and asked, "How long has she been standing there?"

"Long enough," Albus said.

"You don't think-"

Ven stopped talking and clenched his jaw. Did Marigold think he likes a different girl? Does that mean she likes him more than a friend?

"Ven, we have to get to class," Scorpius said.

The three went to class and made it on time. Scorpius would talk to Ven once in a while about the spell and went over the steps just to refresh his mind. The more Scorpius talked him through it, the better Ven felt.

Once dinner was over, the three walked towards the door. Albus looked slightly frightened.

"Good luck Al," Scorpius said, patting Albus on the back.

"You'll do great," Ven said with a smile.

"I know," Albus said walking backwards, "Because it's my plan!"

Albus and Scorpius walked away and Ven headed towards the library to meet Hazel.

Hazel was already there with a stack of books and a couple of objects.

"Hi Hazel," Ven said as he sat down.

"You know, normally tutors aren't allowed to schedule sessions in the evening, but I got special permission," Hazel said suspiciously.

"Well my schedule is full. This is the only time I could do this," Ven said smoothly.

"Okay," Hazel was still hesitant, "well the first thing we'll do is read this chapter in your transfiguration book."

Hazel took A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration from the stack of books and turned to chapter two: Basic Transfiguration.

"Here read the first paragraph out loud ," Hazel said, handing Ven the book.

"Due to the exact nature of Transfiguration, the technique used in order to Transfigure an object must be precise. Technique that is haphazard or incomplete may result in ineffective, imperfect, and even dangerous results. In order to avoid unfortunate consequences, you must pay close attention to every detail presented to you; only a thorough understanding of the nature and practice of the spell will lead to a successful Transfiguration," Ven read, quick and eloquently.

"So, Transfiguration requires precise technique. Which is why your power was out of control in class. Not to mention you obviously have great power. Which means you have to be more precise than everyone else."

"Wow, I had no idea."

"Don't be modest Ven. I think you know that you have great power. You haven't lived your life in the magical world. So who knows how powerful you can actually become."

"It's funny how you see right through me."

"Not exactly. My first impression of you was that you were full of yourself, but when I realized you weren't just some Joe Schmoe off the street. I could respect your ego."

"Thanks," Ven said. He felt he could relax and stop pretending in front of Hazel.

"Move to the third paragraph and read it out loud."

"The second most important concept of Transfiguration is that of universal connectedness – that is, all objects are, by nature, connected to all other objects. They may be connected by similar characteristics, such as their function, substance, or traits, or by magical essence and even existence. Through understanding these similarities, we
can recognize exactly what differences exist in order to Transfigure one item into another. In theory, therefore, any
object can become any other object (Although there are restrictions to the scope of Transfiguration, arguably this is a result of the limitations of human magical abilities)."

"This is also something I saw you didn't struggle with. Which is usually harder for first years to master. So, that's what we'll work on, precise technique."

"Sounds good to me," Ven said excitedly.

"Okay, you've prepared and learned all the basics for transfiguration in class and learned slightly more about-"

"So I just give it a go?" Ven asked nervously, not sure what he should do.

"No," Hazel said slightly moving the fork towards her, "Just watch me first."

"Okay."

"So every spell is different. So you'll obviously have different techniques for different spells, but there are some general similarities.

"For instance, the wand movement will begin pointed at the center of the initial object," Hazel takes a fork from behind the stack of books and places it in front of Ven, "and moves in a way that is encouraged by the major change of Transfiguration.

"So, I'll show you two wand movements and tell me which one has the best technique. Look closely at the difference between them," She takes her wand and points it towards the center of the fork.

Ven nodded.

"First one," Hazel says as Ven watches very closely. She takes her wand, sloppily and wiggly, and moves it in a circle.

"Now the second," Hazel says.

Again Hazel moves her wand in a circle, but this time it's very clean and stylish. Ven could distinguish almost instantly what the difference was between the two wand movements. Either Hazel was the best witch with wand movements or Ven was just very good at observing.

"So?" Hazel asked.

"The second one has the best technique," Ven said, Hazel smirked, "and your technique is very stylish."

Hazel's cheeks turn slightly pink, "Thanks. Um, that's correct. Now it's your turn."

"Alright."

"Think about what's comfortable. Your wand movements should feel natural."

"Alright."

Hazel moves the fork towards Ven, "Now, say Geminio and then do the circular motion. The fork should duplicate."

Ven nodded his head. Ven closed his eyes and concentrated. Everything Hazel said began to play back in his head. What felt comfortable to him? What would that look like? Ven could feel the motion forming in his head. He opened his eyes, said Geminio, and did the circular motion.

Nothing. The fork stayed the same.

"Good first try Ven," Did Hazel seem disappointed? "Be a little more strict in your movement. Less wiggly."

Ven took a deep breath. But he felt good about that one...He tried again.

Nothing. The fork stayed the same.

Tried again nothing.

Again, nothing.

Again, again, again and again.

Still nothing.

Ven finally got up, frustrated. With his wand in his hand and looked to the ground. Hazel stood up too. She walked towards Ven slowly.

"It's okay that you don't get it the first time or the many times after that," Hazel said comfortingly.

"You don't get it," How was Ven supposed to save them BOTH from a werewolf? "I normally am a free thinking person."

"As a kid did you play hide and seek?"

"What?"

"Did you?"

"Well yeah."

"If you're not 100% quiet you'll be found. You can still choose to hide wherever you want."

Ven looked very confused.

"All I'm saying is that you can be determined all you want. You can be free all you want, but without the technique you'll never be able to cast a spell. It's like a small friend group. One without the other still feels empty. Find that empty space and fill it."

Ven thought for a moment and nodded in agreement.

"I'll try again," Ven said, walking towards the table and sitting back down. Hazel following suit.

Ven closed his eyes one more time and thought about the emptiness within himself. What would happen if he filled that hole? He thought about the moment he'd find out who his family is. That moment would seem so perfect. Filling the hole within him.

He opened his eyes and tried one last time.

The fork began to shake and eventually split into two! He had done it!

Ven and Hazel celebrated. Just then they stopped.

Their heads turned towards the growling noise outside the library door. There standing in the doorway was a very real werewolf.

"Run!" Ven said.

Ven started to run and checked behind him to Hazel, who was frozen in place. Ven ran back and took her hand. The two of them ran towards the bookshelves. The werewolf was close behind.

"How did a werewolf even get into the castle!!" Hazel yelled.

Ven ignored her. Ven and Hazel weaved in between the bookshelves. Ven then stopped and pulled Hazel to hide behind one of the bookshelves. Ven wondered if werewolves had a great sense of smell.

As the werewolf came closer, Ven quietly took Hazel by the hand again and walked to the other side of the bookcase. The werewolf, now at the spot Ven and Hazel were hiding, was scanning the room with his big snout. Ven and Hazel continued to back up, but found themselves trapped in a corner.

"Dead end," Ven said very quietly.

Hazel's face looked horrified and Ven knew what he had to do.

He thought about everything Hazel and Scorpius had taught him. With both he had the perfect balance. One without the other would lead to destruction.

Ven thought about the werewolf and who he was before. How the man's life turned upside down when he was turned into a werewolf. Ven could relate to the scary feeling.

As the werewolf turned the corner; it saw Ven and Hazel. The werewolf darted right for them. Ven turned quickly towards the werewolf, pointed his wand at the werewolf and did a very complex wand movement.

After that Ven closed his eyes. If he were to fail, he'd rather not look.

Then a hand touched his shoulder and Ven still kept his eyes closed. Then someone started to shake him.

Hazel's voice became clearer, "Ven, Ven, Ven!"

Ven opened his eyes and saw that he and Hazel were not alone.

On the floor was a man Ven had never seen before. He was quite naked. A woman with bushy brown hair, brown eyes and very large front buck teeth helped the man by covering him in a blanket. Where did the blanket come from? Thin air?

Also in the room was Headmistress McGonagall, Professor Longbottom, and who he assumed was Harry Potter. The Headmistress was not happy and others were quite shocked.

"Sybill, I thought you said there was a werewolf in the library?" Headmistress McGonagall asked.

"Um well. There was. I was sure of it." Professor Trelawney said, stunned.

"There was!" Hazel said loudly.

"What?" McGonagall questioned.

"There was a werewolf in here and it was chasing me and Ven. But somehow Ven turned the werewolf into that man," Hazel said pointing to the man.

"But that's impossible!" The woman who gave the man the blanket said.

"Obviously not," The man with red hair next to her said.

"How on earth did this happen, Ven?" McGonagall asked.

"Well, like Hazel said, a werewolf was chasing us and we tried to hide behind these bookshelves. But we soon ran into a dead end and well, I thought maybe I could cast a spell to save us. I just thought about surviving and it happened so fast. I just did it in the moment naturally."

"You realize this has never been done before," McGonagall said.

"You make it sound so simple. Like anyone could do it!" Hazel said softly to herself.

"Well the two of you, off to bed. We'll talk more about it in the morning."

Ven and Hazel walked out of the library and out of the group's sight.

"How is this even possible!" Hermione asked.

"I'm glad you called all of us back together. Who knows what this kid could do if he turned dark," Harry said.

"We should find out who this kid's related to," Luna said, "It's possible that Voldemort is not his only relative."

"I've never even heard anything about Voldemort having a child!" Harry questioned, "I feel that I would have heard something about it. Any one of us that works at the ministry would have heard something."

"Harry's right," Ginny chimed in, "Wouldn't Voldemort's child, if he even has one, go to Hogwarts?"

"No, Hogwarts isn't the only school for Magic," Neville said.

"I will send a letter to each Headmaster. See if they know anything," McGonagall said, "I assume for now we all will be in touch very soon. Sorry to keep you up so late."

Everyone started to walk away.

"Mr. Potter," McGonagall called out. Harry stopped and walk towards McGonagall, "I'll need to ask you one last thing, in my office."

"Alright," Harry said, "Is it alright if Ginny is there?"

"Yes."

The three walk towards McGonagall's office. Once in her office, Harry and Ginny sat down across from McGonagall.

"As you know, Mr. Diggory is our Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher. He hasn't been well and I need someone to take his place. When all craziness breaks loose I need all the help I can get. I'll only need you for a little while. Then you can get back to your job at the ministry."

"We are happy to help Minerva," Ginny said.

"Yes, I'll keep an eye on my son and his two new friends."

"Great! I'll see you tomorrow then Mr. Potter," McGonagall said.

Harry and Ginny got up and walked towards the door.

"Goodbye," McGonagall said as Harry and Ginny walked out the door.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

18.9K 509 39
An alternative version of the Cursed Child (the book that shall not be named). While his brother inherited mischief and popularity, Albus gets his fa...
8.7K 212 25
Selcouth (Adj.) unfamiliar, rare, strange, and yet marvellous ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Y/n Thompson, a strange girl, she was...
322 107 5
In a world draped in magic and enigma, Albus Potter has always been a paradoxical figure-much like a black sheep in a coat of purest white. While nav...
120K 4.9K 42
This story takes place AFTER the Cursed Child. Scorpius is in love with Rose, he's been love struck since the day he met her. He loved everything...