Gallant Luna

By Lypstical

"I'll only ever love Hunter," Riley said to him, her tone firm as she boldly stared into his sinister gaze. H... More

Author's Note
1. First Encounter
2. The Mayfield Mansion
3. Possessive
4. The Truth
5. Spicy
6. Longing
7. I Missed You
8. The Luna's Introduction
9. A Threat
10. Keeping a Distance
11. Dominant
12. Deeply Connected
13. Vane
14. Another Visit
15. Mine
16. Marcellina
17. Tests of Strength
18. The Luna's Return
20. Exposed
21. Riley Mostyn
22. Fight and Shift
23. Enemy Territory
24. Jealous
25. Fighting Family
26. Distant

19. Killian

28 4 4
By Lypstical

Riley went shopping with Val and Dawn in the town center of Wulfuric Hills so they could not only help her pick a dress for the event, but also watch over her.

They had managed to convince everyone back at the Mayfield Mansion that they could easily handle themselves in the face of danger and no matter what was said, the three of them won in the end.

"What do you girls think about this one?" Riley asked, turning around for the two of them while checking out her elegant body hugging dress.

"At this point, everything looks good on you so how about you just settle for anything and we can leave? I want to go back to your mom's house and eat!" Dawn playfully became grumpy.

"Actually, I feel the same way!" Val nodded with enthusiasm.

"Seriously?" Riley shook her head.

"Don't act so surprised that Val agrees with me. You heard what your mother said before we came here and I can't wait."

"You two are forgetting we have so many stores around where we can get something to eat, right?"

"No, it's not the same." Dawn sighed.

"What do you mean?"

"Well.... I'll tell you on the way home."

Riley couldn't wait to hear all about it, especially because of how Dawn seemed to soften up.

When it was time to pay for the dress, Dawn and Val stood in line with her and there were only a few in front of her before it would be her turn to pay.

But just then, she picked up Killian's cologne and her eyes widened. She looked around but couldn't yet see him.

Val and Dawn noticed her getting a little restless but even when they asked, she didn't respond.

Ever since the last time she had gone back to Hunter smelling like Killian, she hadn't yet spoken to him, not even through text messaging. She didn't know how to stop being friends with him.

When she spotted him through the glass walls, walking right to the entrance, she looked away and wondered what to do.

Coming up with the perfect plan, she left the payment process to Val and Dawn, telling them she'd explain later.

She then stepped out of the store and used the other door to leave, glad she didn't run into him.

She crossed the road in a hurry and got a few blocks away from that store.

But just when she got to a corner and turned, she flinched and took a step back when she unexpectedly ran into Killian.

"How did you get here?" she asked, her eyes wide in surprise.

"What are you talking about?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"I saw you in that store and-"

"You saw me and ignored me?"

"That's not what I meant."

"Then what did you mean?" He crossed his arms, his arm tattoos on full display.

"I just...well..."

Even though she struggled to explain herself, it wasn't because she hated lying to him, but because she wondered how he got there when she had left him in the store. It was impossible.

"Why have you been ignoring me? Well? I'm waiting," he demanded.

"Uh... I've just been busy."

"With what?"

"Life."

He scoffed. "Do you think I'm stupid, you idiot? Whatever it is, spit it out. You know I can take it."

He leaned forward, making her step back until her back was against the wall. He then placed his hand on one side of the wall and right above her shoulder to keep her there.

As she looked up into his eyes, she could only imagine what Hunter would do if he found them like that.

"I'll tell you later because I have to go," she said, stepping away from the wall to leave.

"Hey," he said, holding onto her arm to pull her back.

Before she could react, he wrapped his arms around her and she gulped. She knew how furious Hunter would be should she return to him smelling like last time.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"What does it look like? I've fucking missed you."

Though she smiled, she was more nervous as she thought of showering at her mother's house before returning to the Mayfield Mansion.

"I missed you too," she said. "I promise I'll explain everything to you when I can."

"Sounds like bullshit."

"I mean it. There's a lot you don't know."

"Fine."

Though the air around them was filled with an awkward silence, she could feel his racing heart, the sound amplified by her heightened sense of hearing.

"Your heart's beating so fast," she said.

"How did you know that?"

"My head's right on your chest."

"Right. I'm such a dumbass at times."

"Exactly!"

She chuckled, but soon turned serious when she began to feel uncomfortable by his prolonged hug.

"You can let me go now," she said gently.

"Not yet. Just a little longer."

"I won't ask again," she said, her tone now a little threatening.

"Fine." He dropped his hands and stepped away, his eyes still on her. "What's gotten into you?"

"And what's gotten into you?"

"I said I've missed you. Are you deaf?"

She chuckled and soon, he followed suit.

"I'll wait for you to explain yourself to me but don't take too long because I'm curious as fuck. You can get back to the store now, no need to hide from me."

"I wasn't hiding."

He raised his eyebrows at her, as if challenging her to speak the truth. It was all so awkward that she didn't know how to justify her actions.

Just then, Dawn reached out to her with the mindlink and she didn't want them to see her with Killian, so she told them not to follow her and wait outside the store.

After departing, she returned to Val and Dawn, still thinking about how she was certain she had left Killian behind and inside the store but he somehow managed to show up in front of her.

As soon as she was close enough to Val and Dawn right outside the store, their eyes widened, pointing out the same strong cologne from last time.

"It's not what you think," she assured them, then explained her friendship with Killian. "Not a word about this to Hunter or anyone else."

"You just keep saying 'he' but what's this guy's name?" Dawn asked.

"So you can have more information when telling on me?" Riley narrowed her eyes.

"Our lips are sealed!" They said in unison.

Even with that, she refused to tell them and instead suggested they return to her mother's house.

When they got there, Val and Dawn enjoyed a meal, but Riley was so eager to get rid of the cologne that she first freshened up and changed her clothes.

As they made their way back to the Mayfield Mansion, the three of them walked slowly through the woods as Dawn was finally ready to explain why she preferred eating at Mrs Baker's house, compared to any restaurant in the town center.

She never had much growing up and there was never a time in her life when she and her mother shared a meal together, because she was orphaned at a very young age, which was why it meant a lot to her to have Mrs Baker prepare a meal for them.

Since Dawn had already opened up, Val did, too, saying she was a lone wolf for a long time until she was accepted into Hunter's pack.

"You're lucky to have two types of families," Dawn said to Riley.

"Yeah, we only have this one." Val stood in the middle and pulled them closer, throwing her arms over their shoulders and they all giggled.

~

When they returned to the Mayfield Mansion, Hunter was in the lobby with Nico and Cage, going over a few strategies as they gave instructions to their packmates.

As soon as Hunter furrowed his eyebrows at her different outfit, her heart raced a little but she needed to stay calm.

It also helped that Val and Dawn already knew what to say should they be asked about it. The two of them were loyal to her.

The entire time she walked up the stairs, she had an idea of all the questions Hunter would ask and she was ready.

Only a minute after stepping foot in the bedroom, Hunter came in and she exhaled deeply to stay composed.

He came real close and stroked her cheek with a poker face.

"I see you bought the dress."

"Yeah." She reciprocated the gesture by stroking his cheek but did it with a smile.

"Care to explain what's up with these clothes?"

"Does it matter?"

"Explain."

"Fine. There was an accident with some gravy while at my mother's house so I had to freshen up and change."

"Where are the other clothes?"

"I left them back home."

"Why?"

"My mom said she'd wash them."

"So the clothes were a mess but your shoes were spotless?"

"Yeah, probably because they weren't in view when it happened."

"I see." He sighed, kissing her forehead.

She closed her eyes, the warm feeling of his lips making her hold onto him. She then rested her head on his chest when he gently stroked her hair.

Even if she wanted to be honest, she knew he would only be furious and demand to meet Killian, who would end up getting hurt and she didn't want that.

To get that off her mind, she changed the subject.

"As soon as I came back and saw Cage, I was reminded of the unresolved issue. He just wants us to fight but I can't do it yet."

"Scared?"

"No, Val and Dawn have to help me first."

"In that case, it'll be great to watch."

She could only sigh, her mind drifting back to Killian's sudden appearance when she thought she had left him far behind.

"What are you thinking about?" Hunter asked.

"I'm thinking about how we were all just fine without you guys today."

"Is that your way of saying you don't need me?" He smirked at her.

Looking up at him seductively, she said, "Of course I need you."

"Do you need me now?" he asked, lifting her and holding onto her thighs.

She nodded with a lip bite, the two of them breaking into a passionate kiss as he dropped her on the bed.

Just when they were about to take off each other's clothes, he had to return downstairs. Nico had something important to show him and it couldn't wait.

After a wet kiss, she was left alone and sighed with relief.

Though she was glad the situation about her clothes didn't escalate further, her mind wasn't at peace. She didn't know how to do it, but she needed answers about Killian.

How the hell did he do that?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

764 69 12
Riley Miller, the girl of a strong colorful imagination and a crazy wish list, never thought that her wishes for something different and an exciting...
95.6K 3.6K 55
"I don't care that you're my mate. I will never... and I repeat, I will never be yours, Hunter." she grits her teeth, making Hunter smirk. "Is that a...
18.6K 724 34
**Not edited.** A mere human, being adopted by wolves is but one of many unique surprises surrounding Kay. When suddenly a fierce Alpha appears, foll...
249K 9.5K 39
After a one night stand during a senior high school party, Alise, finds out she's pregnant and there's only one person she has ever slept with and wh...