Take Me As I Am (Completed)

By myheartsmistake

I don't like One Direction. So can someone please tell me why I'm stuck on a game show with the five boys who... More

Take Me As I Am
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Alternate Ending ~ Nick
Alternate Ending ~ Harry
Alternate Ending ~ Liam
Alternate Ending ~ Niall
Author's Note

Chapter Thirty-Nine

205K 8.4K 1.9K
By myheartsmistake

Dedication to keepcalmand_dotherow (:

Chapter Thirty-Nine

"Al!"

"It's Al!"

"Al!"

"Hey Al!"

"Ali!"

"Well goodness, it's like I'm the celebrity here - not you guys." I muttered as the five guys surrounded me once I left my room. Despite Miranda's 10am call, I stayed hidden in my room until the last minute possible.

Unfortunately, Trinity ratted me out at noon; although I had been growing hungry so heading towards the kitchen sounded like a good idea anyways. The living room had been quiet when I entered, but then chaos ensued. 

"That's a funny joke, ha ha." Harry rolled his eyes at me, sarcasm seeping through his voice.

"I know, I should become a comedian." I replied with equal amount of sarcasm. 

"I'd pay to see your show," Niall interrupted with a smirk. 

"And the show would be twice as funny with Niall laughing every five seconds." Louis continued with the discussion.

I bit my lip in annoyance, only wanting food at that moment of time. So I backed away from the five pairs of eyes, nodding my head as if I was very intent in their conversation. "Ah, yes, I will give you all a discount. Now… If you please excuse me, I haven't eaten since last night's dinner and that's basically three years in Al time."

"Get this girl food stat before she starts biting peoples' heads off." Liam announced loudly, walking straight towards me.

My eyes widened a bit as he grasped onto my arm, lightly, and propelled me towards the kitchen. I could hear the other boys laugh before going on with their own conversations. I considered digging my feet into the ground and refusing to go any farther, but Liam is dang strong. 

"Isn't this considered like… Involuntary movement or something?" I asked as we entered the kitchen.

He simply grinned as he brandished his arms to the cupboards filled with food. I raised an eyebrow, unsure as to how someone could be so sweet - especially when I wasn't exactly all that kind to him. 

"Why are you so nice?" I decided to question as I hopped up on the counter to grab a pop tart that happened to be on the tallest level. I'm not exactly short, but being 5'7 and trying to grab things on the 6'8 shelf? I learned how to become a monkey when it came to kitchens. A girl gotta eat, man. Once the treat was in my hand, I tried to peel the tinfoil, but it wasn't cooperating. 

"My mom told me when I was little that when you're rude or inconsiderate, that the green eyed monster that lives under your bed would eat your toes." Liam said, as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Oh… So that's why I don't have any toes." I pondered as I put down the pop tart and let my eyes wander downward. 

Liam's eyes immediately snapped down to my feet, which had ten toes. He breathed out all of a sudden and I burst into laughter. Not the 'hehe that was funny hehe' it was more of a 'oh my gosh I literally cannot breath I think I need to go to the hospital' kind of laughter. The kind that leaves you on the floor in a fetal position. "Get up. Seriously. Not that funny."

"What did you do to Al?" Harry asked, peering into the kitchen. Once he saw me on the ground, he stepped onto the tile floor and crouched beside me, puzzled by my laugh attack. 

I reached out and grabbed ahold of his upper arm, hoisting myself slowly while still laughing. "He…" I started, before becoming overcome with laughter once again. I tried to calm, breathing in and out before finally looking Harry in the eye. "Liam thought I didn't have any toes."

"What?" Harry seemed to be more puzzled now, as I continued to hold onto his arm, leaning into him just a bit. Dude was buff, yet comfortable. Like a pillow.

"Say 'I' if you think Al is on drugs." Niall, who apparently had been behind Harry, spoke up as he walked up to me.

"I." Liam and Harry chorused.

"I am not! Dude, Liam believed me when I said I didn't have any toes. It was funny!" I protested, arms crossing and an annoyed expression taking place of my previous laughing face. 

"Psh, I didn't believe you. I was trying to make you laugh - in which I succeeded in doing." Liam crossed his own arms, a victorious grin flashing across his face.

"Yeah, sure. Bro, you're not an actor. Back to the real issue here… I can't freaking open the pop tart!" I produced the tinfoil wrapping, trying once again to open it. 

"Let me try," Niall offered, his hand reaching for it. I considered my options for a moment before letting him take him. He ripped it open. "Aha, all you needed was a strong man!"

"Ha! Ha! That's funny!" I said with great sarcasm. "Okay, well it was great talking to you three, but alas… I must go conquer the world." 

"Where are you going?" Niall asked as I started to head towards the door. I was extremely aware of the fact the three were following me.

"You guys are like puppies who don't know where to go so they just attach themselves to the first human they see and follow them everywhere." I didn't answer his question, turning to give them an annoyed look.

"Woof?" Harry offered a weak bark.

I cracked a small smile.

"Ah! The ice queen is melting!" Liam declared. 

"Stop." I held out a palm to add emphasis to the word. "I'm going to go talk to my best friend." 

"I thought Nick left?" Harry asked in confusion. 

I started walking towards the living room, aware that, again, they were playing follow the leader. Why I had to be the leader was a mystery. 

"She's talking about Trinity." Niall supplied.

"Is it just me or are you all five times more annoying than usual?" 

"Is it just us or are you five times more irritated with us than usual?" Harry replied.

"That's probably true. I think this house is getting smaller and the people inside are getting more and more frustrating." I said thoughtfully as I found Trinity and Zayn in a conversation. Letting a huff leave my lips, I settled for sitting on the couch. Niall decided to join me, while Liam and Harry bid me adieu and went over to Cara, who was insisting she had a funny story to tell.

Knowing Cara, she probably wasn't lying. 

"So…" Niall trailed off before clearing his throat. "You're homesick."

"What? Who said that?" I glanced quickly at him, trying my best to rearrange my facial features into indifference. 

"I can see it. Not only because you seem more annoyed by us than usual, but because you keep flitting your eyes towards the door. Plus you've been texting a lot more now." Niall said, eyes set in front of him, watching everyone else, instead of looking at me.

"Way to go Sherlock," I murmured. 

"You want to go home." It was more of a statement than a question, Niall simply telling me something I already knew. 

I bit my lip. "Maybe. It's not exactly easy to be away from everything you know to be taken up in this whole new world. I think it's all starting to catch up with me, you know? Not that you really care… I mean, you're getting paid for this."

"Because that automatically means we all wanted to do this." Niall's sarcasm matched my own, which surprised me. I had been starting to think he didn't understand sarcasm, yet here he was - quite obviously understanding it.

"Are you insinuating that you didn't?" I gasped in fake horror. 

"Oh no! Of course we all wanted to do this! I mean, what's better than being told you're going to be on a reality game show where none of the decisions are yours? Knowing that there will be thirty girls who are going to be following you around?" Niall took on a high pitched happy voice. Before going back to his normal tone to say, "Every person's dream."

"Oy, boy, better be careful the cameras don't pick up on what you're saying." I said through a smile.

"They wouldn't dare air anything that the Niall Horan says badly about this show - they wouldn't dare it." Niall said; almost bitterly. 

"You okay? You seem so upset." I commented offhandedly.

"Everyone has an off day, Ali. Even the ones who put up the best facades." 

We fell silent, my eyes searching around until they finally laid on Trinity. She was no longer engrossed in conversation with Zayn, instead she was smiling while talking to Jules. I turned to Niall to see a small smile back on his face, all traces of sadness had been wiped away. His eyes met mine as he nodded towards Trin. "Tell her I say hello and… Al?"

"Yeah?"

"The voting is in a few hours. Maybe you'll get your wish. I can't promise anything, but you never know." 

~~~

Help. I'm addicted to Once Upon a Time. 

Also, I've been think you know, I advertise so many things in this story… And a lot of you have told me that you've checked out a story/tv show because I've mentioned it. I should get an awesome job where I get paid to promote things. I'm good at that.

I'm also addicted to the song Sanctuary by Paradise Fears right now. Check it out. Then tweet them and tell then @MyHeartsMistake sent you :P Because I freaking adore them and if they ever followed me I think I'd bathe in Arizona Green Tea. 

Someone asked me how much longer this story has… Well (if everything goes as I have planned) it will be 50 chapters long. Which would then be the longest story I've ever written so I'm just gonna applaud myself on that.

HEY YOU YEAH YOU THE ONE WHO'S STARING AT THEIR SCREEN AND THINKING TO THEMSELVES 'WHY AM I STILL READING? THE CHAPTER IS OVER THIS GIRL IS CRAZY WHAT THE HECK IS SHE TALKING ABOUT' YEAH YOU. you should check out the blurb to my new Ed Sheeran story called The Lyric Project. I think it'll show you that I don't just write humorous stories - I do enjoy emotional dramas as well. I'm really proud of it, so I'd really love it if you checked out the external link and dropped a comment or a vote on it!

Hope you guys have a greeeeeat Easter weekend! 

Next chapter is the FINAL THREE REVEAL! Who do you think is going home? Who do you think is staying? Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Well. There's pizza calling my name so I must go.

Love you guys!

-Katie

~ Dedication to a commenter ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

950 15 41
When 5 best friends meet 5 boys, otherwise known as one direction, they face a few dilemmas. What if they fall in love with the same guy? Or the guy...
26.1M 340K 60
I am only fifteen...how could this happen to me? I am nerdy-straight 4.0 GPA, never smoked, never done drugs, never had a boyfriend, never had sex, n...
11.3K 218 19
Six teenage girls, who just so happen to be spy's, get assigned a mission to rescue One Direction. But when they discover that the have feelings for...
119K 2.1K 36
One morning I almost drowned. That simple action alone forced me into meeting these people I had never heard of before despite the fact I lived in En...