The 0th Corps Commander Becam...

By PopeOfDeonism

While resting in his room at the Demon Kings castle Deon passes out and regains memories of a certain red hai... More

Chapter 1 - Cale? It's Deon now!
Chapter 2 - Rest properly
Chapter 3 - Corps Commander Meeting
Chapter 4 - Fire of Destruction
Chapter 5 - Zeroth Corps Commander
Chapter 6 - A human?
Chapter 7 - Hero V.S. Villain
Chapter 8 - Confrontation
Chapter 9 - Deon's dress up day
Chapter 10 - Banquet after Banquet
Chapter 11 - I am home
Chapter 12 - Butterfly fiasco
Chapter 13 - Neutrality of Death
Chapter 14 - Quelling down a burning
Chapter 15 - Obsession after obsession
Chapter 16 - Cruel is very cruel
Chapter 17 - Daunting Memories
Chapter 18 - Oracles Revelation
Chapter 19 - An Unexpected Predicament
Chapter 20 - Blurry Destiny
Chapter 22 - Demon Arut's return
Chapter 23 - A slight change in the persona
Chapter 24 - A child?
Side Chapter: An older brother's perspective
Chapter 25 - All To Which Will Happen Eventually
Chapter 26 - You Lonely Child
Chapter 27 - Little Red Riding Hood, Don't die
Chapter 28 - Emergency
Chapter 29 - Friendly Threat
Chapter 30 - A Changed Outcome
Chapter 31 - Me or Him?
Chapter 32 - Family Bonding
Chapter 33 - Disturbances
Chapter 34 - Unforseen action
Chapter 35 - Power of Death!
Chapter 36 - The Coming of a War Against a Disaster
Chapter 37 - Changing Fate
Chapter 38 - A Better Life
Chapter 39 - Healing
Chapter 40 - Magic Regeneration?
Chapter 41 - Hyung-nim!
Chapter 42 - The Ending
Chapter 43 - Sneaky Child
Chapter 44 - A Wild Day Out
Chapter 45 - Blood Samples
Chapter 46 - Negotiation Gone Wrong
Chapter 47 - Threatening Negotiation
Chapter 48 - Collecting World Errors!
Chapter 49 - Improvement

Chapter 21 - Operation: Actors of Acting

1.7K 113 41
By PopeOfDeonism

Previously...

"My brother isn't here right now."

Deon replied back. He was really tired ever since coming here, and he feels like he might actually die even though he is full of vitality.

***

Dan's mood immediately went sour when he found out the other saint wasn't here. He really wanted to meet the other person who changed his fate.

"But I'll let you meet him next time!"

Deon blurted out anything he could think of. He doesn't know if he'll regret it but what's done is done already. It should be fine since Dan isn't a crazy kid who's so set on doing his part of his apparent destiny. He could immediately see Dan's expression brighten after he said that. Well as long as he's happy?

"Ran!"

"Grandmother?!"

The group could see Ran's grandmother, the elder shaman run towards them, out of breath. Deon could only assume something horrible had come, judging how angry and horrified her expression was he could guess it had something to do with Choi Han.

"T-the disasters have come! It is not safe here, you must take Deon and leave with Dan immediately!"

And he was right.

"But what about you?!"

"We will stall them for as long as we can. I expect you all to be gone by the time they come here."

Ran could only nod as she took both Deon's and Dan's hands and dragged them farther away from the village. If what her grandmother said was right, Deon would be in extreme danger if he ever met them.

'Do they know it's me? No that can't be it, this neckpiece hides the scent my ancient powers have from people who can sense it.'

Deon turned back to the grandmother who was slowly walking back as if nothing had ever happened.

"Should we go faster?"

"Is it possible? We're going as fast as we can right now."

"You'll feel much lighter and faster, trust me."

A swirl of wind appeared under everyone's feet, Ran and Dan felt much lighter and faster than before as they ran. This was the work of Deon's ancient power; The Sound of the Wind.

"We should hurry."

Deon knew the risk of using his ancient powers right now. The moment he uses it, Eruhaben would notice it and guide the group to where he was. But what was worse? Going slow and eventually getting caught by the group or going faster to the point they can't get to him but they notice his ancient powers? Besides he has a hood on, they can't see through cloaks unless his hood falls off. (Thankfully it doesn't most of the time)

***

"What are you doing here? Get out, this place doesn't accept disasters like you!"

"These bastards..."

"Choi Han calm down, remember this is a different world."

Eruhaben put his hand on Choi Han's shoulder in an attempt to calm him down. They finally had found a place where they could find Cale Henituse or at least traces of him, they couldn't kill these people off.

"Strong Choi Han, Goldie Gramps is right! We need to find the weak human, this place is too dangerous for him!"

(this place might be safer for him than being with you guys...)

Choi Han calmed himself down as Raon Miru and Eruhaben calmed him down. Everything changed when they found out their Cale died suddenly, they wondered why he died and left them. Of course, they were all unaware of the fact Cale held a regenerating ancient power.

If they said sorry would he come back to them? Since he's so kind he should forgive them right?

(lol no way. gl going against cruel and the gods)

Everyone looked at the group with disdain and scornful looks. They had finally realized the disasters were true and they needed to help the young man get away from these dangerous people.

"Wait, I can sense his ancient powers!"

Eruhaben pointed to behind the village. He didn't know the locations of this world so he could only use magic to hasten their speed until he got a better look at the world.

"You aren't allowed here disaster of this world."

"Why not? We haven't done anything yet."

"As you can see, we don't allow people in and through this village. Find a different path."

The villagers blocked the entrance from Choi Han and the others from going in. Seeing this, they retreated but decided to go invisible and go from the sides. It wasn't trespassing if they didn't go into the village.

Of course this was going to Deon's plan. He wanted to bait them into believing Cale Henituse was here, which he was and then lure them to go into a different kingdom. There may be a slim chance of them believing him but it's worth a shot.

"Everyone, if a group of people ask you where Cale Henituse is, don't say a thing and let me handle it."

Deon turned off the Sound of the Wind and took out a bracelet. This bracelet was function like Fredo's bracelet but instead he could only change the hair and eye color of his appearance. This was a bracelet he received from the God of Death along with the neckpiece, he just never found the time to use it until now.

Putting on the bracelet, Deon turned his hair color blackish brown and his eyes a deep brown like Ran and took off his mask. They have never seen his face since he was wearing a mask so he should be fine and none of them had any abilities like record. Deon then ripped the mask, turning it into a ragged ribbon to tie his hair up.

'They should be here soon.'

Deon smiled when he saw two people running towards them. It seemed that Basen wasn't here, for now.

"You there."

Eruhaben gave a cold glare to Deon and his group. It was a look he only saw on Eruhaben when it was directed to the enemies. He gave a more creepily obsessive look whenever it came to his "safety" which were relatively the same, only except his cold glare wasn't as twisted as his other. He really regrets giving him a longer life span.

"You must be the disasters that grandmother talked about. What are you doing here? Didn't you see a while ago that you aren't welcome here?"

Deon flawlessly lied, acting like he had never met Eruhaben and the other's at all. It was easy to lie even if they tried to shut him up and never let him get a say in thing. After all, lying was what helped him survive when he was Kim Rok Soo and Cale Henituse.

"So you're with her huh... Tell me, where is Cale Henituse."

"You're very much demanding. But I do not know who you are talking about, at least give me a description of him."

"He has blood red hair and reddish brown eyes, he's in his early twenties, and has a more feminine body."

"Ah, you must be talking about the young man who ran past us a while ago. He came from the mountains and immediately ran off somewhere over there I assume."

Ran and Dan stayed silent as they watched Deon perfectly lie about his identity and where this 'Cale Henituse' was at. Deon could tell what they were thinking but continued on with his lie as he pointed to the left.

"Thank you. Let's go Choi Han."

Eruhaben took Choi Han and immediately left to go find 'Cale' who was right there all along. Deon made sure they left before taking off the bracelet and putting his mask back on. It seemed that the plan had work. He was skeptical if it would since they could tell if he dyed his hair but thankfully they didn't, it was most likely due to the neckpiece that blocked out any aura from ancient powers and divine powers altogether.

'That was close, thankfully they bought my lie. Even if they go there and not find Cale they'll assume he ran away to somewhere else.'

Deon turned back to the young duo and thanked them for going along with his plan. They could just chose not to and out him to them right then and there but they didn't. Of course Deon just assumed that.

In reality they would go with his plan either way because that was what they were instructed to do so by their grandma, adding onto the fact that Deon would be in danger if he was found out by them.

"I'm starting to think you aren't safe anywhere."

"You're probably right about that."

He couldn't even refute Ran's claim because she was right. Deon did indeed (somehow) attract all kinds of troublesome people around him.

"I might start shutting myself in my room to avoid everyone at this point."

Deon sighed as he walked back to the village with Ran and Dan behind him. While walking back he dreaded having to go to the Demonic Realm once again. It was going to be a nightmare when he gets back.

***

"So this is the palace..."

Dan looked at the palace with curiosity in his eyes. This was his first time seeing such an extravagant place. Deon however got bored to the sight of both the Empire and the Demonic Realm.

'Going back and forth to the Demonic Realm and back to the Empire makes me tired. Should I be glad that Eruhaben and Choi Han can't really trespass there?'

Deon walked through the palace grounds, ignoring the looks on people when they noticed him bring in Dan with him.

"Stay here, I'll be right back."

"I got it."

Deon immediately left to the Emperor's office after he received an answer from Dan. He honestly didn't want to go to the Demonic Realm, but it's somewhat safer than here at least right? He doesn't need to be chased by assassins and the only thing that might get him killed are the missions he goes on (forcefully).

"Ah, Honorary Count Hardt."

"Your Majesty."

"Thank you for the report you gave me last time, it was extremely helpful."

"I only did what I had to do." I had to do it for the slacker life.

"Hmm, you probably already know this since you were the one that gave me the document back. But I'm going to wage war on the Ileon Kingdom."

'That sounds so nice. Thank god I'm being left out of this.'

Deon stood still as the Emperor walked closer to him. He could already tell what was going to come out of the Emperor's mouth.

"I want you to head to the Demonic Realm and make sure the Demon King doesn't get involved with the war."

"Yes Your Majesty." I doubt he will anyways.

Deon took his leave after receiving Eduardo finish giving his orders. When he arrived outside he was met with two nobles messing with a (not so) calm Dan.

"Haah... What is going on here?"

He couldn't help but sigh. Do people here in the palace have nothing to do that they have to go after some innocent kid?

"My Lord..."

"E-eek! Count Hardt."

'Since when did this kid call me lord?'

Deon stared at Dan with an emotionless look. Giving a death glare to the servants that screamed — mess with me or any of my people and I'll personally kill you myself

He huffed as he watched the servants flee away from just a look from him. Sometimes he was glad to be referred to as the 'Vampire Count' if being a vampire count can really get people to run away from him, he will gladly do just that.

(Maybe they were awestruck by your beauty..)

"It's time to head home and then leave again. But are you really okay with leaving your village like that?"

"I can always visit them whenever I can."

'That's true...'

Dan was able to walk back and forth between the village and the estate. Though it'd take some time, he could still do it. Besides he was definitely way stronger than him anyways.

"If you have anything you want just tell Remember, he is my butler. I'll be gone from the estate for a while."

"Yes!"

Dan happily followed Deon back to the estate. At times like this, he really did appear to be like a kid (and a dog). It made him notice that most of the novels he had read all had mostly no good endings to it at all.

And he always managed to end up in that said novel.

***

twi words, goodluck deon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71K 4.8K 29
What happens when Cale got transported into the world of Eleceed along with few of his companions. Will he gets his (non existent) slacker life in t...
27.7K 2.1K 79
Adara Thornwin, the best friend of Cale Henituse, and possibly equally as Trash as him, decides to visit her best friend one day. She has no idea wha...
16.6K 941 56
If you are special, it's only natural that you'll get the gods' attention at some point of your life. That was what happened to Kim Rok Soo. At some...
17.7K 1.3K 27
Cale was similar to himself-Kim Rok Soo-in an assortment of things, but his reactions were not of someone who had given in. No, they were of someone...