The Second Dragonoid's Tale

By zairrik

Follow an unlucky fellow as F/N discovers a new world and things he never knew. Rediscover things he would ra... More

Chapter 1: New Life, New Monsters
Chapter 2: The Storm Dragon, The Slime, & The What?
Chapter 3: Helping The Goblin Village
Chapter 3.5: Everybody Talks
Chapter 4: Names
Chapter 5: Rules For Monsters
Chapter 6: Empowerment Duo
Chapter 7: Ask & Hear The Answer
Chapter 8: Dreadful Dreams Beside Reality
Chapter 9: Mistakes
Chapter 10: A Needed Talk
Chapter 10.5: Veldora
Chapter 11: Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 12: Striking Tempest Part 1
Chapter 13: Striking Tempest Part 2
Chapter 14: Alliance
Chapter 15: Parting of Ways
Chapter 16: First Day In Dwargon
Chapter 17: Knowledge & Faith
Chapter 18: Visit Ends
Chapter 19: Leaving
Chapter 20: Dwelling Of Ramiris
Chapter 21: Abomination
Special: Juramas
Chapter 22: A Strong Spirit
Chapter 23: Tempest & Gazel
Chapter 23.5: Four Demon Lords
Chapter 24: Short Side Love Story
Chapter 25: Milim Arrives
Chapter 26: One More Talk
Chapter 27: Moments In Time
Chapter 28: Unwelcomed Zealots
Chapter 29: Who Wants To Play Hero?
Chapter 30: Training One's Self In Mind
Chapter 30.5: Little Scheme
Chapter 31: A Chat With Rimuru
Chapter 32: F/N Versus Charybdis! Siblings Clash!
Chapter 33: Melancholy
Chapter 34: Doldrums
Chapter 35: Before The Dark Horizon
Chapter 36: Ingrassia
Chapter 37: Saved Souls
Chapter 38: Rumble In The Beast Kingdom
Chapter 39: Versus Milim! Devastation!
Chapter 40: Corruption & True Dragon Magic
Chapter 41: That Time A Slime Saved A Dragonoid
Chapter 42: Going Forward
Ultimate Skills
Chapter 43: Walpurgis & Velzard
Chapter 44: Tempest Dividends
Chapter 45: Plan For A Festival
Chapter 46: Cherry & Saints
Chapter 47: Tempest & Saints
Chapter 49: Cold Comfort For The False Dragon
Chapter 50: Invite Only
Chapter 51: A Family Matter
Chapter 52: Reconcile
Chapter 53: Tempest Tango Festival
Chapter 54: Grand Closing
Chapter 55: Descend Into Ruin, In All Ways
Chapter 56: A Princess & A Dragon
Chapter 57: Scorched Empire
Chapter 58: Ivarage

Chapter 48: Luminous & Veldora

493 25 1
By zairrik

"And so, the God Luminous and Demon Lord Valentine are one and the same," The Holy Emperor declared.

After returning, Luminous was quick to make her appearance and set things straight. Although I could see the frustration in her, we both knew this was the only way. Rimuru, however, wasn't too keen on it. The visiting Demon Lord and Saints borrowed the conference hall and seated themselves at the table with Luminous sitting at the head and her proxy standing beside her. Rimuru and I stood to the side, speaking through our link.

You shouldn't have been hostile.

Making the difference in power understood was the fastest way to make her work with us.

I can't disagree with you more there. From the way Hinata is talking of Luminous, and the Saints are speaking of Hinata, their group is as loyal to each other as our people are to us. If you make an enemy of her by being reckless like Veldora in the past-

I was not reckless in my attack and she knows that. 

F/N you ARE getting more reckless. Raphael told me about Cherry's reaction, you didn't even notice the killing intent you were releasing.

Why would I release killing intent to who is essentially Veldora's child?

The fact you didn't realize it is in itself a problem. Even Veldora felt something off.

And now you want to talk about it? While we're playing host?

We aren't playing, they are our guests. When Shuna is done cooking we'll be having a feast in reconciliation. I'd ask you to apologize for your outburst.

To hell with that.

F/N, think of the future.

"Pardon," Shuna entered the room, "The feast is ready in the garden."

Rimuru glanced at me, "Consider it, for more than you."

After everyone made their way outside, it seemed the Saints took the news well and the food. Luminous let her frustration out when Veldora appeared, though he was told to stay put in Rimuru's office with the manga made for him, he couldn't help himself when he heard about the food. Rimuru was about to let Luminous vent some past frustrations on Veldora before she restrained herself and decided to enjoy the food.

"Something I was curious about," Hinata inquired to Rimuru. "Those two girls..."

She looked over to Cherry and Venti. The first had dragged the second to sneak into the feast to get Shuna's cooking. Charged with the protection of the castle, I had Venti come back here on standby until the Saint issue was resolved.

"Well, the girl with silver hair is Venti. She's a Death Dragon under F/N. And as for the other, that's Cherry... Charybdis." Several eyes snapped to look at Cherry.

"Wouldn't that make her Veldora's daughter?" Hinata asked, causing Luminous to choke on her tea.

"Well, technically, F/N gave her an ego and name," Rimuru added and glanced over to me. "In a way, it would be more accurate to say Cherry and Venti are his daughters."

"I don't feel like that's a compliment," I stated, the comment being overheard by the two.

Venti blankly stared at me for a moment, "Papa?"

"Never call me that again," I corrected. "And don't get me started on the genealogy. There is no family name engraved on their soul..." Engraved on their soul... That's right, that's what was wrong. When I reflected and looked deep in my soul, the names Dora, Nava, and Tempest were missing...

'Error. Individual F/N Dora-Nava Tempest's Harvest Festival has been forcefully halted.'

'I don't think you thought this through. Your whole personality could change.'

'That's not... Never mind what you did.'

I think I get it now. Velzard realized what happened. My soul, and to a further extent my ego, have been affected by the halting of the Harvest Festival. The fact I do not even see a problem with the use of violence and removal of the names. I think I see what she saw. I was about to change and evolve into someone else. The lack of warmth in her voice, she saw me as more than a pest. I was close to becoming more dangerous.

That's why Cherry was so scared. It wasn't malice. When her ego was created, we were linked via our souls. Meaning she saw mine and became scared. A soul trapped between stages of evolution. A being that requires the use of Rimuru's bottomless stomach to contain the pouring magicules.

The [World] likely did not account for someone forcefully halting their evaluation and it only succeeded with my father's authority. That itself is strange, that it would still recognize his authority. As if it was natural...

No wonder I haven't tried to bring back my parents... I don't want them to see me like this.

My thoughts processed in a millisecond, "Let's just leave it at those who give names are responsible for those named. In that sense, we are all family."

"Dad?" Venti said, misunderstanding me.

"I said never call me that again."

"No, you said not to use Papa. If those are not good then there's daddy, father, pops-"

"And that's enough out of you," I reached for a chicken leg on my plate and threw it in her mouth.

After the meal, everyone was brought to the inn where the Saints would be staying. Some of the attendants were nervous and handed the guests their yukatas. Veldora and the other dragons were told to stay put so the guests could relax, leaving me, Rimuru, Shion, and Cruz as their guides.

"I'll bring you to the women's bath," Rimuru said.

"Women's bath?" Luminous questioned. "So they split it between genders instead of having individual ones."

"And why'd you be the one leading us to the woman's bath," Hinata glared daggers at Rimuru, leaving me to yank him back.

"Hey, won't they need some explanation?" Rimuru said.

"That's why I called Cruz over, she offered to be their guide before, she can explain the baths to them," I reiterated, shocking Shion. 

"I can guide them in the use of the bath too! I taught Cruz after all," Shion claimed.

I corrected, "I'm trusting you to keep Cruz acting properly and ignoring that you broke the sauna that time." Turning to Hinata, "Don't buy the slime's excuses."

"Excuses?!" Rimuru sounded offended.

"Weren't you a man in your previous world?" Hinata recalled a conversation they had. "Why are you entering the woman's bath like you can?"

"N-no," Rimuru defended. "I mean, I'm neither a man nor a woman right now."

"Because the others allow it," I told the truth, much to Rimuru's panic. "In fact, I've bathed with 

Hinata glared at me, "Is that so?"

I reaffirmed, "I've bathed with Milim and Shuna before and told them if it was anyone other than them I'd drag the slime over to the men's side."

"You did say something like that before, didn't you..." Rimuru remembered under his breath.

"Then you have," Hinata's glare turned to Rimuru. "Despite you telling me you're a man at heart."

"Come on," I dragged Rimuru before Hinata attempted to knock sense into him. The male saints followed us while Cruz led the girls to their side. The other guys were a little off, likely the more feminine features of Rimuru were bothering them. I tried to enjoy the soak while Rimuru explained how the bath supplies work and the sauna, yet my mind kept drifting back to my previous thoughts.

Afterward, individual dinners were prepared and brought out. Luminous fussed with Hinata's yukata, revealing more of her chest. Rimuru had to be reminded that Shuna was also in charge of the meals tonight, and so was nearby. Right before the toast, Hinata spoke up and asked for a moment. Moving over to Rimuru and me, she lowered her head, her yukata opening more.

"We've caused tons of trouble for both of you. I apologize from my heart for jumping the gun last time and for the trouble caused recently. It wasn't an order from Luminous, and it wasn't my subordinate's fault. Please do whatever you want only with me-"

"Apology denied," I stated, causing Rimuru to snap out of his staring and Hinata to sit up.

"Why are you saying that?" Rimuru complained.

"You can accept it if you want, you're the one she attacked. But someone resorting to offering themselves... I'm in no position to say this but I will. You see the world as the weak and the strong, the traditional mindset most still have. The idea of individual good and evil and equality that ignores power, are both ideas that go against the norm. If you do want to apologize, you should approach the issue with that in mind. Understand that way of apologizing was an insult itself since you were offering yourself like property to the strong."

Hinata lowered her head. "I see. It might be hard to change my line of thought, but I will do my best to reconsider my approach. Then as an apology, I will try not to judge monsters here for being monsters anymore. Is that alright, Lady Luminous?"

"I don't mind little details like this. Enough of that, let's start already," She said, holding her drink ready.

"F/N..." I ignored Rimuru and started drinking.

"This is a time to drink and have fun, right?! Then enough of this heavy talk! Let's drink already!"

As the night inside started to fill with joy, as the ice between humans and monsters melted. Many drinks were had and, eventually, the slime passed out with the rest of them. I chose not to drink too much, though left in the midst of the revelry. Up on the roof of the inn, Erebus and the daemons joined me.

"Erebus," I asked, "How bad is it?"

"F/N?" Erebus was pretending to be ignorant, but we both knew what I meant. "I believe... Rimuru is correct. You are choosing violence without reason. Sorry for listening in early today, but I do think apologizing to Luminous may be for the best."

"So we intercepted our little argument..." I lowered my head. "If even you are saying that..."

"You were happy," Erebus added. "When Luminous showed signs of fear, you started to smile and didn't notice. The thought of the other Demon Lords getting involved... that smile twisted. If what you said earlier is true, of good and evil, then I believe the only correct option before you're seen as evil is to speak with her."

"It was that bad... Is that why you broke down so quickly, Luminous?" I called the eavesdropper on the lower floor, who did not speak a word. "I'll leave my spot in the meeting tomorrow to Adalman. Moros, you and Apate bring Venti back to Velhiem and help Geld as needed. Erebus, I'll leave Rimuru to you."

"Where are you going?" He asked as I stood.

"Someplace I can do stupid things without causing problems. Let me know how the meeting goes tomorrow."

***

The next day, seated at the conference room table were Rimuru, Benimaru, Rigurd, Shion, and Adalman with Hinata and saints. Luminous lounged on one of the luxury couches while Veldora, on the other side of the room from her, behind Rimuru, lay on a different couch reading manga. Shion opened with the papers in front of everyone, a summary of how both countries were affected by the situation.

The topic of who was behind it all came up quickly and naturally, as Rimuru inquired Hinata about who tipped her off he was the leader and where he was. The timing of it all was too good to ignore. Hinata was forthcoming with the information, a merchant from the Eastern Empire. An unexpected source, but not out of the question. Rigurd pointed out that they had discovered a large number of account books during the investigation of Clayman's castle.

The armor used by the orc army, backed by Clayman, was supplied by the eastern merchant. The name of whom, Dahm, was likely an alias. Rimuru was close to releasing his haki, but seeing F/N acting the way he was made Rimuru more careful of himself and continued the discussion. The topic of Clayman led to the potential idea that the Luminaries may have worked together.

Luminous was agitated by the idea, especially when Leonard could see the angle Rimuru was coming from. However, she kept quiet. Louis, her proxy, made a point previously after F/N left them. Her eternal youth tends to make her forget. There was a time when she would perform a ceremony once a week to give them her affection. Love energy. At one point, the intervals grew longer and longer until the Luminaries were nothing by desperate old men.

That is why Luminous did not want an apology from F/N. Her people ran loose because of her lack of action and without her notice. A mark on her person that has made her indebted to Tempest, Veldora by association. A thought she greatly disliked. Rimuru was open to letting her beat up on Veldora since he did cause her problems in the past and had yet to repay her.

Rimuru sighed in relief. With the merchants involved, he thought that meant Yuuki was free of suspicion. The Grand Master of the Guild. Hinata, however, did not believe he was out of the question. Not only the clowns, but the real mastermind was still in question and couldn't be assumed dead.

Shuna brought in snacks, helping to ease the atmosphere as Hinata took to the delicious fries. Luminous eventually brought up the topic of their relationship going forward, that of Tempest and the Church, proclaiming that she would open diplomatic relations.

Hinata was shocked, "Open diplomacy?!"

"Quit pestering me. I meant what I said." Luminous took some tea Shuna brought and poured. Leonard was going to speak up, as changing their doctrine overnight would cause chaos for the masses. But the other saints reminded him of last night and reassured him. "Don't be silly," Luminous continued, "Those teachings were not established by me. They're only a bunch of rules thought up by the leaders in the past."

"What?!" Hinata turned around, shocked.

Louis explained that the original text was long lost. The protection under Luminous was to promote happy and content lives for the humans under her. Those humans provided the lower vampires with better-quality blood. Monsters, the chaos they caused back then, produced poor-quality blood. The doctrine was never anything more than a ploy to win the hearts and minds of people.

"Regardless of its origins," Leonard stated, "That is the exact doctrine that all of us have spent our lives following. There will be a huge backlash from our believers and other organizations involved."

"The ever-present winds bring hollowing changes. Carrying the pollen of flowers, and the devastating breeze," Adalman stated. "It comes from the Hymn of Winds. Perhaps we are looking at this wrong. We have merely stated facts and the likely negative outcomes. While I no longer have faith in Luminous, I would not wish chaos into the lives of her followers." Rimuru was surprised, the fanatic man spoke with composure and passion. "Diablo, a daemon, defended civilians in Falmuth who were there reporting. The crusaders mobilized with the saints and are currently in Tempest. We are talking as though history and doctrine are unchanging. That we are not writing it."

"You're suggesting that we make up history?" Leonard earned Adalman's nod. "The outcome of today will certainly prove that."

"In this room alone, are two deities and their champions. Who is to argue that Hinata and Rimuru's confirmation did not bring forth the God Luminous to confront the Brother of Veldanava?"

"I see," Hinata realized. "Religious syncretism. If we blame Veldora for the bad relationship between Luminous and monsters in the distant past..." Veldora was about to speak up when Rimuru handed him a serving of fries, a bribe to keep quiet. "That Luminous and Veldanava were of equals and the Storm Dragon's recent change in behavior... It would also be easier to change your doctrine than ours since it's newer, people aren't set in the ways of it yet."

"My thoughts exactly," Adalman continued. "Cruz only promotes the ideas of the faith. The word of god has yet to be printed. The masses have yet to read it. But a confrontation of gods and their champions, that will make all listen and read. Harder for the critics to deny peace between monsters and humans."

"Then let us," Luminous smiled, staring intently at Veldora, "Let us make this a show of the century and see the forgiveness of god."

Veldora flinched, looking at Rimuru for help, he was only met with a smile and the words, "Do your best to lose face gracefully!"

That evening, witnessed by the crusaders and the people of Tempest, Hinata and Rimuru fought all-out. Holding nothing back to prove the battle's authenticity. At the climax of the duel, Luminous and Veldora, in dragon form, appeared between the two fighters. Luminous berated the dragon, calling him chaos and malice, blaming him for the needless bloodshed. Veldora, forced to follow the script, did not deny his past actions. He apologized to Luminous and asked that she reconcile with Veldanava as she had in the past.

"Take this and I might!" Luminous, both for show and to fry the lizard, unleashed a massive holy disintegration beam down from the heavens onto Veldora.

"I understand," Veldora said, withstanding the attack perfectly. "My friend has taught me the error of my ways. Now I wish to return the favor." Veldora lowered his head, "Once more, I am sorry."

Veldora was given many desserts for his cooperation and performance, which was aided by skills. Luminous was happy with watching him lower his head and take her attack without pushback. The news of the holy event spread like wildfire once the crusaders and saints returned. The saints would eventually take the time to clean house. Hinata, however, stayed for dinner. And so too did the saints and Luminous.

Rimuru, who got drunk, was given a warning after revealing his and F/N plans for development. Not only for revealing what should be confidential information to another country. But for the fact that such advancements would lead to the notice of angels. Rimuru handwaved the issue, saying that they would deal with them. Not knowing the far greater reason they hold close.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.3K 2.6K 24
Tempest in ruins? What happened to this World? This is the sequel of Another Past? so enjoy it. This won't be after the LN.
440 16 4
At a very young age, Akinoko will randomly stumble across Veldanava's death domain in her dreams. Enjoining her time with the Ancient Dragon until on...
341K 10.6K 59
Love, love, love, love who? "... That one person." Who is that person? Tell me who? "The one whose destiny entangled with mine to the point of exist...
241K 6.3K 39
Rimuru achieved everything which was possible but there is one regret he has in his mind even after the 12 years of the great war that he cant save h...