The Lost Princess of Asgard

By marvel-ous

You've all heard the stories of Thor...or Loki, but you've never heard mine. My name is Astryd Odindittir. I... More

Prologue.
Part I : Chapter I
Part I : Chapter II
Part I : Chapter III
Part I : Chapter V
Part I : Chapter VI
Part I : Chapter VII
Part I : Chapter VIII
Part I : Chapter IX
Part I : Chapter X
Part I : Chapter XI
Part I : Chapter XII
.intermission.
Part II : Chapter XIII
Part II : Chapter XIV
Part II : Chapter XV
Part II : Chapter XVI
Part II : Chapter XVII
Part II : Chapter XVIII
Part II : Chapter XIX
Part II : Chapter XX
Part II : Chapter XXI
Part II : Chapter XXII
Part II : Chapter XXIII
Part II : Chapter XXIV
Part II : Chapter XXV
Part II : Chapter XXVI
Part II : Chapter XXVII
Part II : Chapter XXVIII
Part II : Chapter XXIX
Part II : Chapter XXX
Part II : Chapter XXXI
Part II : Chapter XXXII
Part II : Chapter XXXIII
Part II : Chapter XXXIV
Part II : Chapter XXXV
Part II : Chapter XXXVI
Author's Note

Part I : Chapter IV

25.9K 770 90
By marvel-ous

Part One.Chapter Four.

Laufey's Vow.

          I’ve never visited the Fosters before. I’ve only heard about Harold Foster, who Erik told me was a good friend of his. On the plane, I decided not to sleep through it. Instead, I asked Erik a lot of questions about the Fosters, especially Jane. What was she like? What was her favorite color? What did she like to do?

      Erik smiled, chuckling to himself. “Don’t worry, she’ll like you. I know it.”

     I smiled sheepishly. I’ve probably annoyed him with all my questions. I didn’t ask any more questions after what. Erik is a man of his word, and if he says she’ll like me, then she will. She’d be the first kid to like me. All the other kids think of me as weird and exclude me. That’s why I’m homeschooled now. I had trouble adjusting to a public school. The kids would tease me and there was a day when I got fed up with it and something ignited on me. The lights went out that day due to an electricity problem, and after that, I was never seen in school again. I don’t know what exactly happened, but I had a feeling I had something to do with it.

      As soon as we landed, Erik hailed a cab. The cab ride wasn’t as long as I thought it’d be. Its speed slowed down as we reached a small, friendly looking neighborhood. A woman was outside tending to her garden, her dog sitting next to her and staring straight ahead as if he were a guard. Two little boys and their younger sister played together in their front yard as their mother watched after them, making sure they wouldn’t go out in the streets. Watching the three siblings flickered something inside my mind. I shuddered as I hit the one spot in my mind that blocked me from my memories.

     The cab finally stopped in front of a pale blue two-story house with a lovely side garden. Erik paid the taxi driver, and helped me out as I gazed at the house. I fixed the strap of my backpack and secured it on my shoulder, nervously as we walked forward. Erik knocked on the door, and it didn’t take long for someone to answer. A man who seemed to be around the same age as Erik opened the door and smiled widely at Erik. “Erik! It’s so good to see you!” His gaze then landed on me.

    "Hello," I greeted with a smile as I entered the Foster's home alongside Erik. I gripped his hand tightly and he returned the gesture reassuringly.

   “This is Astryd, my daughter.” Erik introduced as a woman came to view. She seemed to have come from the kitchen, because she wore an apron. She smiled at the two of us, wiping her hands on her apron before shaking hands with Erik.

   "It’s very nice to meet you!" Harold exclaimed smiling back down at me, and ruffling my hair.

    “She’s adorable!” Mrs. Foster said. She then turned around, facing the stairs as she gaze up. “Jane! Come down, we have visitors!”

    A girl, probably three or four years older than me began to step down the stairs. “Hey, Mr. Selvig!” She greeted, politely as she stopped at the last step. Her eyes then flashed to me, glowing with curiosity.

   “This is Astryd. She’s Erik’s daughter.” Harold explained carefully. I understood the tone he was using. He didn’t want Jane to question anything about the whole daughter thing. I knew that everybody knew that Erik never had a daughter, and I appreciated the fact, that they accepted me. Jane nodded, understanding and turned to me again, this time with a smile on her face. “Hey, you wanna go up to my room?”

   “Sure.” I replied as I followed after her.

     My eyes wandered around her room in awe. It was painted a sky blue, pictures of space and galaxies decorated one wall, book shelves filled with books lined up against another wall, and there were two big windows right across the wall where her bed remained. Her bed comforter was light purple decorated with matching pillows and stuffed animals. “Your room is beautiful.” I told her.

      “Thank you.” She replied, sitting down on her bed and motioning for me to do the same. “Want to see something cool?”

      I nodded.

   She hopped off of her bed, ran to the curtains to shut them, blocking the light from entering. Turning off her room light, she pointed up to her ceiling. My jaw dropped, a bit in wonder. There were what seemed to be stickers of stars, galaxies, planets, and asteroids stuck to the ceiling, each glowed a bright neon green color. "How wonderful," I murmured.

   "My mother bought them for me a few days ago. They are much better than the night light I used to use."

    "It must be lovely to gaze up at these all night."

    Jane nodded. "I haven't had any bad dreams since I got them. I can give you a few, if you want. I have some more in a bag."

   "If it’s not too much of a bother," I agreed, a bit surprised that she was being so nice to me. Maybe, just maybe, I was going to make my first friend.

   "Of course not!" She exclaimed. She then sat on her bed again, motioning for me to do the same. This time I did, and she asked me about my well-being. I answered her and we both began to talk about many things; from our favorite color to the things we enjoy the most. It was nice to finally sit down and talk to someone close to my age. These weeks I've been surrounded by adults, and to finally get to know Jane, another kid, was a bit relieving and reviving to me. I actually felt my age around her.

   "Thank you." I suddenly said.

   "For what?"

"For being kind, for being my friend...you’re the only one I have." I replied, sheepishly.

   Jane's eyebrows furrowed. "Don't you talk to other kids?" I nodded my head no. "Do you go to school?" Again, I nodded my head no. School. A touchy subject between Erik and Fury since my first attempt. Fury said it'd be too risky to send me to school so soon after that incident. He, too, thinks I had something to do with all the lights going off. He had advised Erik to wait until I was fully adjusted to my new life. I had no problem and understood them, but a part of me yearned to be with people my age and to learn now, not later on. I promised I would be good, but Fury wasn’t so sure to trust me yet.

  "You should. It's hard and tiring, but fun sometimes."

   Before I could reply, there was a knock at the door. Jane hopped off her bed and went to go open the door to reveal her mother on the other side. "Go hurry and wash your hands! Dinner is ready." Her mother said, addressing both of us. Jane and I nodded, and right when she left, we obeyed her orders.

   In the dining room, sat Erik and Mr. Foster conversing about work. How typical of adults, I thought with a small smile. Jane ushered me to a chair by Erik, and I silently thanked her as she sat in the chair across from me by her father. Mrs. Foster joined us shortly with plates, so we could serve ourselves.

   "Thank you, Darling." Mr. Foster smiled at his wife as she served him. She sent him a smile as well, and their attention both turned to Jane as she struggled to try to serve herself a piece of the roast beef. Harold and Samantha immediately reached out to help their daughter, and at that moment, they were a perfect, loving family. 

   Uneasiness washed over me as I realized that I would probably never see my family. I would never remember how they were. Where they just as loving as the Fosters? Where they searching for me? Or did they want me gone?

**

   The wind was chilly and unbearable to any human, but to the frost giants, it was comforting and relaxing. The sky was dark as always, the gloominess never leaving Jotunheim. On an ice throne, Laufey was seated, watching over his realm, eyes searching for a cloaked woman who was in debt to him.

    He soon found her and his eyes followed her as she was escorted by his guards towards him. “My sorceress, have you found it?” He spoke, using the word ‘it’ with such disgust and deep hatred.

   The sorceress’s hood fell, revealing her true form. Her skin was wrinkled and a sick gray color, hair as dark as night, and eyes as cold as Jotunheim. She bowed down briefly, showing respect to the King of Jotunheim before meeting his anxious, ruby eyes. “I have.”

   Laufey’s eyes urged her to go on and she did. “She, who bestows your rightful power, resides in Midgard.”

   “Midgard?” Laufey demanded, growling his red eyes flaring up. “Are you saying that a mortal has dared to taken my power? Do you believe me to be such a fool?”

   “She is no mortal…she is Asgardian.” The sorceress answered, a bit frightened by Laufey’s fury. She did not want to upset him, but with news like this, it was an impossible task.

   “So the Asgardians are up to this. They knew of the tesseract’s power and used it to their advantage, aiding one of their own from me. How dare they?”

   The sorceress did not respond, allowing Laufey to let his anger out before she got any further in the truth. He did not hear everything yet. Laufey’s eyes snapped back to meet her’s, almost as if he had read her mind. “Who?”

    “Astryd Friggadottir.”

   If she had thought Laufey was furious before, then she must’ve been wrong. Laufey rose to his feet, and the guards took a few steps back cautiously, sensing his infuriated mood. “It is war that Odin seeks…but I will not give it to him…,” he trailed off.

    “Not yet.”

      The sorceress nodded. “Is my work done here?”

    Laufey grinned wickedly at her. “No. Not even close. I want you to keep watch over Astryd and keep me updated on her until I say so.”  The sorceress nodded, not wanting to object in fear of what he would do to her if he did. If he had the power to go out of his way take her away from her home unwillingly… then what couldn’t he do?

   “Astryd’s, the Asgardian Princess’s, blood will be mine to shed.” Laufey vowed.

I didn't really like how this chapter turned out, but I just had to give you an insight on Laufey and his plans. Just in case you were wondering, Astryd isn't a frost giant...or is she? lol, just kidding, she isn't. Everything will be explained soon. I actually planned out the chapters to part one & all together, there will only be 12 chapters in part one. I don't know how many for part two. 

So...what do you think about Astryd's 'power'? And Laufey's plan? Please leave your thoughts below! I always love reading them & seeing your support! 

Thank you to everyone who reads this, I appreciate it very much! (p.s., This has not been proofread & I will edit this tomorrow)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 46.8K 118
Loki, of Asgard, wants revenge. Revenge on those who have hurt him in the past. He is surprised when that revenge comes in the form of a girl. And a...
216K 6.3K 43
Loki x Reader You live with the avengers. One day Thor will take you all to the Asgard. There you'll meet someone who changes your life. But soon aft...
19.1K 521 30
Your friend had a car accident and after that you meet the god of misschief. You learn that you're a lost Asgardian and that they need you more than...
748 45 26
You notice a strange shadow following you for quite some time now. And suddenly your life becomes a mess. You find out the truth, realise you have po...