The Fine Line We All Walk (Ha...

By Warzan86

Balance between Heaven and Hell has always been maintained, mostly because of Extermination Day and the demon... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Questions
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Finale
Extras

Chapter 5

87 4 3
By Warzan86

Act One

"Stop moving around you slippery prick!" Vox yelled while his fingers shot electric bullets at Alastor.

"Vox! I'm appalled! Has all that television watching ruined your aim and scrambled your brain!?" Alastor dodged and maneuvered around the shots as he pointed his cane at Vox which sent a tentacle straight at his chest. Vox turned into an electric current as he shot himself into the metal bridge, disappearing from sight. Alastor looked around carefully, his eyes searching the area for any tell-tale sign of Vox's whereabouts. Suddenly, right below him, the current shot out of the ground as it launched at Alastor's neck, but, with a quick dodge, the current shot by him and went into the monitors. Alastor turned to face the monitors as onto the screens came Vox who held a crazed smile.

"Oh yeah bitch! Let's dance!" Suddenly, cords shot out from behind the monitors at Alastor as he quickly backed up. The cords shot at him were many in numbers, which Alastor knew he couldn't dodge them all. This was confirmed when his suit was punctured by the cords, which left fine holes in his cloak but no damage to his actual body. He narrowly avoided some aimed at his head as they sunk into the wall behind him. Alastor twirled his cane as he slammed it to the ground causing black smoke and green lettering to fly around himself in a protective shield. The cords that punctured his suit snapped off as he stared down at the damage, his grin twitching as his fist clenched.

"COME OUT OF THERE AND FIGHT ME PUSSY!" Vox yelled as the cords couldn't puncture the shield no matter what Vox did.

"In a moment, old friend. I'm just enjoying watching you struggle for a moment! I must say, it's hilarious!" Alastor laughed, which caused Vox to become even more upset as he yelled in anger. Suddenly, a heavy electronic pulse shot through the area, making Alastor's shield crack.

"Tell me, how does it feel knowing that without Valentino and Velvette here to assist you, you're nothing but a whiny, good-for-nothing, voice box that can't even run a single program by himself without causing himself to short out! Hahaha haha! It's the biggest joke on this level of Hell!" Alastor's constant laughing and insults made Vox so incredibly angry that the very room they were in began violently sparking and sputtering.

"I'LL RIP YOU APART! YOU SON OFFFFFFF AAAA BBBBBBBBB-!" A pulse of electricity, larger than the last, blasted from the monitors as the entire room shook heavily. Alastor braced himself as the electricity hit the shield and blew it open, causing him to shoot back into the door behind him which caused them to break and fall inward with Alastor on top of them. The lights inside the room Alastor was in slowly shut off as he felt pain rack his body. His body felt tingly as he could feel his hair sticking up on its ends. He placed his elbows under his body as he slowly sat up, staring into the darkness.

A red light glowed above Alastor as he stood up, his cane emitting a purplish glow as he looked at it with narrowed eyes. Suddenly, the monitors inside the room lit up blue as Alastor spun his cane and tucked it under his arm, walking back into the room. He hummed a tune as Vox crawled out of the monitors and hit the ground, laying on his back. He sat up slowly, and when he saw Alastor, he stood up, although his stance was shaky and his face was glitching even worse than it was originally.

"What...what did you do...to cut me off?" Vox breathed heavily as if the pulse did something inside him.

"Oh, Vox. You know why I exist in the past? There are so many things to be thankful for! The simplicity of designs, the taste of nostalgia, and sometimes, the answers to many modern or future problems!" Alastor raised his fingers and snapped them as Vox's room began to shift. To Vox's horror, the blue lights from the monitors illuminated the room, showing off Alastor's neat trick.

"YOU LINED MY ROOM WITH COPPER!?" Vox yelled as every wall, even the back of the door, had a copper panel attached to prevent electric flow in and out of the room.

"I had them all attached when the lights went out! Of course, I had a little help from my minions! Can't put this much on without it interfering with your call earlier so I put the ones on your door last!" Alastor smiled widely as Vox stared at the door and his eyes widened. He raised his hand to it but was caught by Alastors hand having gripped his wrist.

"Oh? You want the power out there? Well, have some on me! Free of charge!" Alastor brought his cane back and laughed before swinging it forward and sending a powerful attack of purple electricity straight at Vox, sending him off his feet and into the monitors causing sparks to fly everywhere and Vox to yell out in pain as his screen cracked and his body to shake violently. Vox's face shut off as he fell off the monitors and face planted on the ground.

Alastor stared at Vox's unconscious body as he laughed loudly, his laugh echoing off the walls for a long, long while. Once he stopped, he went to work, his dark magic enveloping Vox's body while the copper paneling melted away from the walls, powering up the room once again. Alastors magic touched the monitors as they began to be reshaped and reformed into something a little more his style. After a moment, one large monitor was present in the room with tiny ones surrounding it.

They gave off an old static film when you placed your hand near them and made a wondrous droning sound while white static played on the screens. Vox was set in his chair by Alastor's magic while Alastor watched the cords Vox used to connect to the system plug into his head. He placed a hand on Vox's shoulder as Vox's face turned on but this time with a clock in the middle of the screen instead of a face and red surrounding it. Alastor cleared his voice as the monitors all simultaneously turned on and on the platform surrounding the monitors, Alastor's creatures manned the film set that looked dated as well, just as the Radio Demon liked. Picture appeared, as Alastor could see all of the employees of the V's stuck outside, unable to open the front doors.

"SALUTATIONS!" Alastor said into his microphone as every single TV in Hell turned on to show Alastor and a controlled, beaten Vox.

"I have a wonderful special for you today, my beloved audience! Today, which will go down in history, is the day the V's are no more! Observe Mr. Vox! Having given complete control to me, I, Alastor, shall entertain you today with two more fights! So stay tuned as we go to see the next fight, between overlord Velvette and Zestial! Starting...now!" With Vox under Alastor's control, the former overlord made it so the cameras in Velvette's studio came on, connecting everyone's TV to them and showcasing the ongoing fight for everyone on this level of Hell to see. Alastors voice sounded through the TV's and speakers all around Hell as many were caught off guard by what he had to say.

"Let the fight commence!" Alastor cheered as all the lights turned back on in a dramatic fashion.

Act Two

Velvette glanced around, unsure of what was going on. When the lights came back on, she felt a sense of relief, knowing that whatever was going on, Vox was soon going to come help her. She heard her phone ring as she reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone, seeing the caller was Vox. She quickly answered it, not realizing the figure from the ceiling dropped behind her.

"VOX! You stupid cunt! You caused a massive blackout-!" Velvette screamed into the phone though her voice was a bit muffled due to the mask.

"How do you...hmm...hello? Hello? Is anyone there?" Alastor's voice came through the call as Velvette's eyes widened in shock as she clicked the video button. On the screen appeared a smiling Alastor as he held the phone up to showcase himself and Vox.

"Radio Demon!? You're alive!? What did you do to Vox!?" Velvette yelled as Alastor laughed.

"Oh, hello, Velvette! Vox can't answer the phone right now, he's a bit busy! Call back at a later time! Ta ta!" Alastor's black magic engulfed Velvette's phone as it instantly was set on fire which caused her to drop it in shock. She held her burnt hand as she heard a chuckle behind her which made her turn. She didn't react fast enough as the creature from before grabbed her by the throat, lifting her up. She let out a cough and stared at the burnt body but saw someone behind it.

"Not a bad trick for a fossil hm?" That voice, that clothing, she knew who it was.

"Z-Zestial? You fucking bastard! You and Alastor, w-working together!?" Velvette choked out.

"Yes, it seems you and the other V's have made some enemies. But, this is what happens when you make threats and insult people who are more powerful than you, Velvette," Zestial's words angered Velvette as she gripped the vial in her hand.

"Fuck you!" She yelled as she threw the vial at the creature. The liquid splashed over it as the creature screamed in agony, its body melting as Zestial backed off quickly. Velvette stared at the decomposing body as her gaze met Zestial's.

"Alright, you wanna go old man? Let's fucking do this shit!" Velvette ran forward as Zestial opened his cloak and sent hundreds of small creatures flying at her. She snapped her fingers as her shoes changed to springy shoes, allowing her to jump over Zestial and get to her mirror where her potion supply was. She quickly reached for a bottle that was colored white as she uncorked it.

Zestial turned as he was met with the sight of a blizzard leaving the bottle and encasing the entire room in snow and cold. Zestial lost sight of Velvette which made him upset to the point his face and body began to contort, grow and shape into something grotesque. Velvette held a bright pink potion in her hand in the shape of a heart as she hid in one of the coat racks in her studio.

"We'll see who's actually in control, old man..." She muttered to herself as she held the potion tightly. Slowly, the blizzard dissipated as Velvette peeked under the coat rack to see Zestials coat in front of the rack. She's caught off guard as she gets grabbed from the coat rack by a giant hand that restricted her movement. She let out a yell as she found herself face to face with an enraged Zestial, his arms and face having been enlarged to a state and morphed for any demon to find terrifying. With his multiple eyes, spider pincers, and super large hands, Velvette felt her blood run cold at the sight of it.

"What do you think of me now, Velvette!?" Zestial yelled as Velvette struggled to move her arm.

"I think...you're a senile old man and a joke!" She said as she got the arm that held the potion free and threw the bottle at Zestial's face. He was caught off guard by the bottle as it smacked him straight in the face which caused it to break open sending the potion everywhere. He dropped Velvette in the process, making her fall on her ass as she watched him slowly transform back into his normal self. After a bit of yelling and growling, Zestial turned to Velvette with hearts for eyes.

"Oh my lovely, wonderful Velvette! How could I ever hurt you my sweet, wonderful Velvette!?" He fell to the floor in front of her as she grinned and threw off her mask. She stood up and put her shoe in his face as she rubbed it around, a smug grin on her face.

"Fucking useless prick!" She laughed as Zestial licked her shoe. She reveled in her victory, she always knew she was the stronger overlord. Or so she thought.

In reality, Velvette hadn't been able to do any of that, nor did Zestial fall under any love potion. In fact, she hadn't even set fire to her elevator or the demon inside. After the first call with Vox, Velvette was so busy trying to work her phone that Zestial had gotten the jump on her and placed her under a sleep spell so powerful that it places the person affected into a forever dream until the caster decides otherwise.
So what the security camera saw, and everyone on this level of Hell, was Velvette, passed out, her head on Zestial's lap as he pet her head softly while she drooled heavily.

"There, there young one, just rest. Every little girl needs their rest," Zestial said softly, looking up to the camera with a grin.
"Aaaand there you have it! Velvette is sleeping like a baby! Done in by Hell's oldest overlord, the mastermind himself, Zestial! Now, as you know, Mr. Vox and Ms. Velvette are two of the V's! Which leaves our last V! Time to go over and see how they are doing!" Alastor announced as Vox swapped the cameras over to Valentino's studio, showcasing the events unfolding.

Act Three

Bullets hailed from Valentino as he fired his guns one after another, hoping to hit Cross as the angel dodged or blocked the bullets. Once Valentino ran out, Cross dashed at him with his sword drawn out, ready to disarm and knock the demon out. He got close to Valentino and swung to hit him but unfortunately couldn't land the attack because Valentino had stepped back to avoid the strike. Knowing the guns were useless, he threw them aside and reached into the cabinet, each of his hands grabbing a knife or some form of melee weapon as he began quickly swinging and slashing at Cross.

"You think, I would just let an angel kick me, threaten me, and walk into my studio for shits and giggles before walking out completely unscathed!? Fuck that! Fuck you!" Valentino yelled as he pushed Cross back. Cross attempted to keep up with Valentino and his many arms but it was difficult. Combining all that with the fact Valentino was mad and yet precise with his strikes gave Cross an understanding that Valentino knew how to fight. Taking a step back himself, Cross baited Valentino into jumping after him, which he did. Cross's wings caught Cross mid jump and maneuvered him over Valentino as the demon's eyes widened in surprise.

Cross opened his palm mid air as light appeared and formed his pistol which he aimed and fired at Valentino. The bullet hit Valentino in the back as the demon stumbled forward and hit the ground. Cross landed on the ground as he eyed Valentino with narrowed eyes. After a moment, Valentino stood up as he turned to Cross and laughed.

"How are you not in pain? I shot you with a holy bullet," Cross asked. Valentino moved his wings out of the way to show an angelic shirt fitted to Valentino's body.

"I wanted to wear this shirt for a while because it looked sooo good on that angel Velvette found! I guess it's bulletproof for angelic bullets as well as stylish~!" Valentino's laugh echoed off the walls as Cross tightened his grip on his gun's handle and sword's hilt.

"What do you mean? Where's the angel?" Cross asked as he felt his body heating up.

"Oh, you mean the little señorita? Well, I had to keep her body cold because I can't have it decomposing right?" Valentino kept his distance from Cross as he made his way to the wall and leaned on the freezer where Cross finally noticed the angelic limbs hanging off the side.

"I had my big, strong men bring me her from the area outside of town, but I just had to give her body a test run to see how loose she was~!" Valentino licked his lips as he thrusted his hips forward which indicated what he did to the angel. Cross felt his heartbeat racing as Valentino reached into the freezer and pulled out the angel's head, causing Cross's eyes to widen.

He saw his apprentice's face, the abysmal look being ingrained into Cross's eyes the more he stared. Valentino started to speak again, but Cross couldn't hear him anymore. He felt something inside him that he hadn't felt since he was alive.

'What is this feeling? It isn't anger...that isn't enough to describe it.' Cross started thinking to himself as he released his pistol making it disappear into a blinding light.

'Is it revenge? No...that's not it either. My teacher had a name for this feeling.' Cross released his hilt as the sword also disappeared in light. Valentino laughed loudly as he carelessly threw the head back into the freezer, the thump making Cross close his eyes and take his mask off.

"You're giving up already!? I should've known you were a submissive~ Come to daddy~!" Valentino cooed as he raised his hands to Cross in an open gesture.

'Ah, that's right...my teacher called it...' Cross felt eyes on the back of his head as he knew he was being watched. But not by the camera, another force that wasn't a part of Hell and far greater than it. Up in Heaven, a projection of Cross's fight was being watched by many enraged eyes. Sera's face was tight, her eyes were dark as the railing she held onto was being gripped tightly to stop her from doing something drastic. Emily was not with her, most likely with Pentious, while other angel's that were on the court shared in her anger.

Knowing and feeling that Heaven was watching, Cross knew he had nothing to fear, he could let loose. Valentino blinked as Cross disappeared from sight. The demon blinked in surprise as he left the room and looked around, curious as to where the angel had disappeared to.

'He called it...Wrath.' Valentino felt a tug and a brush of wind on both sides of his body as he looked down and saw he was missing his two upper hands. He cried out as he felt another tug and brush of wind on his body as he now noticed his lower pair of hands were missing. He screamed in agony as he felt something grab his mouth and rip something out. His glasses fell off his face as blood dripped down onto them, reflecting his face and his missing gold tooth.

Blood flowed out of his missing hands and hole the tooth left behind as he turned to the left and saw Cross next to the freezer, his golden eyes glaring at Valentino which caused him to freeze. The dead, frozen angel's body was coated in light as it disappeared with its head, leaving Valentino and Cross alone. Valentino cried out as he backed up feeling wobbly due to the blood loss as he made his way to the window and pressed himself against it. He whimpered as he closed his eyes and opened them to see Cross in front of him, which caused Valentino to yell in fear.

Cross held the gold tooth in his hand as he brought the tooth down low then up, which stabbed Valentino in his balls. Valentino cried out but was silenced by a swift punch across the face causing blood to splatter across the floor and dropping him. The demon whined and tried to crawl away pathetically as Cross walked behind him.

"If Heaven's forever then Hell cannot be a lie! If demons can do whatever and dream of life in the sky, then the rules are black and white, not pathetic shades of gray, which means the ones that die and burn will get to do it again!" Cross's voice sounded off around Valentino, for all the demons of this level to hear, and the angel's as Valentino propped himself against his destroyed purple cabinet. With his body turned from Cross, the angel approached Valentino and crouched down in front of him.

"Any words left for a sinner such as yourself?" Cross asked as he picked up one of Valentino's hands off the ground and placed it in his lap. Suddenly Valentino turned with a bottle in his mouth that was smoking violently and glowing a dangerous red.

"BURN WITH ME!" He mumbled as well as he could before the bottle glowed brighter. Cross stood up as he ran to the window but was engulfed in black as Valentino's studio exploded, causing debris and glass to fly everywhere down below. Sera's eyes watched the explosion go off, as did the council, and sitting in her seat, Lute watched in horror as she grit her teeth. Hell also bore witness to this as many, including those at the hotel, were left speechless.

"CROSS!" Lute yelled as the video disappeared

(This concludes the first act of my story. Happy St. Patties Day!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
1.1M 45.1K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
13.7M 412K 34
He had spent centuries with only himself for company, he fed, tortured and killed that was his life and he liked it that way, until she came along an...
881K 40.9K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...