A Twist of Destiny

By writeranuuu

❝ Do you like it rough?, then this one's for you. For all the girls who like to live on the edge. ❞ ________... More

Copyright
Character Aesthetic
Family Tree
Prologue : Adaa
prologue : Siddhart
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.

9.

1K 93 5
By writeranuuu

S I D D H A R T

I dropped her off at her home and headed to my house. As I got out of the car, I happened to glance over to the backseat and spotted an earring sitting there. I guess, Adaa must have dropped it and didn't realize. I picked it up, wondering if I should return it to her.

But I decided to just keep it for the time being. I put the earring in my pocket. Once I reached my room, I put that in the pocket of my blazer. I would return it to her later. Just then I got a call from Ayansh, my assistant yet my friend.

Me: Hello bro, How are you?

Him: I'm good, but this isn't the time for greetings.

Me: Something happened?

Him: Yes, it's urgent and we need you here.

Me: Okay. I will be coming to the office tomorrow.

Saying this I cut the phone call and started packing my belongings.

A D A A

After all the discussion, I'm feeling so relieved now. I just laid on my bed for a few minutes and got up to change. While walking to the wardrobe, I glanced at myself though the mirror and noticed that my ears were still red because of my earrings.

I changed my clothes and came back on bed with my purse. As I checked it, I felt a weird sensation. I had put my earrings there earlier, but now one was missing.

How could I have lost it? I felt around, hoping to find it hidden among my things, but it was nowhere to be seen.
That earring meant a lot to me-it wasn't just jewelry. It held memories and feelings that I didn't want to lose.

Sitting on the edge of my bed, I took a deep breath, trying to calm the racing thoughts in my mind. Maybe I didn't lose it after all, I reassured myself. It could be somewhere else in the room.

Don't worry, the workers would find it while cleaning the room. With that comforting thought, I tried to sleep to forget about my lost earring.

⋆⋆⋆

In the morning, I asked the housekeepers to check if I had lost my earring in the room.

"Adaa tell Aarav to come and meet us" Bhai spoke from behind me. Papa was there too. Both were wearing black, looking like they are gonna kill him. I nodded and messaged him the location and time. He said 'OK' in the chat and went offline.

It feels like a burden has been lifted from my shoulders and I feel so relieved. Today, I'll be free from my parent's decision. He will be
free- from me. We would become strangers. Again.

Well, let's not think about that and head to my office. Papa and Bhai would handle everything.

⋆⋆⋆

I came back and saw bhai and Papa were present in the living room, sitting on a sofa. They had a serious expression on their faces. They noticed me as I entered and looked at each other.

"Adaa can you come here?" Papa asked and I obeyed. I sat on the sofa and looked at them. "We don't agree for him" Bhai said.

Many thoughts started running in my mind. Did something happened? Did they say some things to him? Or Did he say something?

"Why?" I questioned, still hesitating. "He didn't even care to show up." Papa spoke as I looked at him. Maybe he was stuck somewhere. Or maybe he was busy.

I quickly turned on my phone to message him, but there was already a message.

"Sorry, I couldn't show up. I was stuck in some work"[20 minutes ago]

"Actually, he was stuck in some work" I tried to convince both of them, showing them the text. Bhai stood up and said "How many times Adaa? How many times are you gonna defend him? Believe it or not, he isn't the one for you."

"Just because he couldn't show up, doesn't mean that you'll judge him" I said focusing on the word, couldn't.

Papa was silent from the start. But now he couldn't. He stood up and spoke "Adaa, baat ko samjho. How many times are you gonna fight for him? We are not judging him because he didn't show up. But just take a minute to think about his priorities"

"What?" I questioned, trying to believe what's happening here. "You made us set a meeting with him after persuading us for so long and he didn't even care to show up" Papa explained.

"He had some wo-" I got cut off. "Yes, he had some work, that's why he couldn't show up. Now, stop defending him" Bhai said and left from there.

My heart sank, knowing that now they are never gonna agree for him. I decided to message him to meet me. And to my surprise, he agreed.
We decided to meet at the park near my house.

⋆⋆⋆

"Aarav where are you?" I whispered to myself waiting for him. It's been half an hour and he is still not here. I decides to text him again.

"Where are you Aarav?" [not delivered]

The message wasn't delivered. He has switched off his phone? Maybe his phone battery has been dead.

I waited.. and waited for one and a half hour. But he didn't show up. It stared getting dark, and I had to go back home.

Now I know how a three year relationship will come to an end. And I will be married with someone, whom I barely know.

[ 3 weeks later ]

As I stared down at the ring on my finger, a heavy weight settled in the pit of my stomach. Three weeks have been passed since that evening.

I am engaged with Siddhart. With a heavy sigh, I closed my eyes and tried to push aside the doubts and fears that threatened to consume me.

But as I looked at the ring, glinting in the dim light of the room, I knew that I had no choice but to accept my fate.

[flashback]

Standing on the stage, surrounded by expectant eyes, I stood beside Siddhart. I felt a rush of nerves coursing through me as we prepared to exchange rings. My hand trembled slightly as I reached for the ring.

As the officiant spoke the words of commitment, I looked at him and he did the same. He was holding the ring and one hand was waiting for me to place my right hand on it.

As I placed my hand on his, he asked "May i?" before sliding the ring onto my finger without breaking our eye contact. I wish I could say no. While sighing, I signaled him a yes with my eyes, as well as nodding my head a little.

He finally put on the ring and cheerings of the guests could be heard. Now, it was my turn. With trembling fingers, I gently slid the ring onto his finger. Just then our eyes met, but I broke the eye contact.

⋆⋆⋆

Still gazing at my ring finger, my thoughts shifted to my Haldi Ceremony which is scheduled tomorrow. This ceremony would mark another step closer to our wedding day, the day that I want to escape but can't.

And with that thought, I closed my eyes, ready to face the day that lay ahead.

Author's note: Hope this chapter was good. Give your feedbacks. In the next chapter, there would be haldi ceremony ig, and I have a really good scene for it. It would make you go gulu gulu :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.6K 1.8K 12
#𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤-𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ✧ 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 ✧ It's story of Anshumaan ♡ Krisha 𝗞𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗮 𝗚𝗼𝗲𝗻𝗸𝗮 Krisha...
1.6M 66.5K 66
Book 1- Our journey from engagement to marriage Book 2- The journey of Love Siddharth and Preeti complete their journey from engagement to marriage...
29.2K 2.4K 22
2 book in Secrets of the Heart Series _____ Enter the world of 'The Reluctant Union' where duty and expectations clash with unexpected emotions. Aar...
126K 7.2K 85
✧It all started with a slap✧ ╰┈➤ 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒊 𝑺𝒆𝒉𝒈𝒂𝒍 She is beautiful, smart, and an introvert who has no problem putting others in their p...