The Barista's Heartbeat (GXG)

By explicitmind_

In the heart of the bustling city, amidst the inviting aroma of freshly brewed coffee, unfolds a tale of chan... More

Synopsis
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Announcement(PLS READ)
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII

Chapter XVII

1.9K 72 7
By explicitmind_

Azariah's

The click of the phone call ending echoed in my ears, leaving behind a hollow feeling as I prepared to change into something more comfortable. Finally, I'll be on my way home.

As I stepped into the elevator, the familiar anticipation of seeing her flickered within me.

It had been weeks since we'd last spoken, weeks filled with a whirlpool of emotions I struggled to contain. Avoidance had become my armor, a feeble attempt to grant her space while wrestling with my own conflicted feelings.

The uncertainty gnawed at me. Did she share the same turmoil, hidden beneath a veil of indecision? I couldn't shake the hope that perhaps, just perhaps, her heart harbored echoes of my own. 

It was evident that she was grappling with her emotions, the whirlwind of feelings catching her off guard. Everything had unfolded so quickly, leaving her unsure of where she stood. Perhaps buried beneath her hesitation lay a glimmer of something more, a sentiment she wasn't ready to confront. But for now, all I could do was wait, hoping that time would offer clarity amidst the confusion.

A smile tugged at my lips as I replayed our chance encounter earlier. Her ability to surprise me, even amidst the chaos, never ceased to amaze. Today, her unexpected approach had lifted a weight I hadn't realized I carried.

Lost in thought, I nearly collided with her friend, confusion clouding my mind. Before I could utter a word, her sudden aggression caught me off guard, her hand gripping my collar with an intensity that bordered on desperation. Instinctively, I pushed her away, my irritation mounting.

"What is wrong with you?" I demanded, my annoyance palpable. But her bewildered expression offered no answers, leaving me to wonder at the motives behind her inexplicable actions.

"Sorry, miss, I thought you were—" Her words trailed off as her gaze shifted, and I followed her line of sight to see Zephyra in the distance, her figure disappearing into the crowd.

"I have to go," I muttered, cutting off the conversation abruptly. Ignoring her friend's bewildered expression, I hurried after Zephyra, my confusion giving way to concern as I tried to unravel the mystery behind her sudden departure.

"Hey, why ar—" I began to question, reaching out to stop her, but she didn't even glance in my direction. Confusion knotted in my stomach as she forcefully wrenched her arm away, causing me to loosen my grip. I watched, perplexed, as she darted away, her actions leaving me bewildered and concerned.

A soft sniffle reached my ears, and I froze, uncertainty clawing at my chest. Was she crying? The thought sent a surge of alarm through me, propelling me forward in pursuit. But before I could catch up, she came to an abrupt halt, her gaze fixated on something—or someone—else.

My heart sank as I followed her line of sight, dreading what I might find. Whatever had caused her distress, I knew it ran deeper than I could fathom. And as she stood there, her emotions laid bare for all to see, I realized just how powerless I was to ease her pain.

"Well, that must be traumatic for her" came a mocking voice from behind me, sending a shiver down my spine. I knew that voice all too well—the voice of my sister, a constant source of turmoil in my life.

Before she could finish her sentence, I grabbed her arm and dragged her into a nearby room, my frustration boiling over. What was she doing here? I had made it clear that she was not welcome at this school.

"What have you done?" I seethed, my anger bubbling to the surface as she continued to laugh, seemingly amused by my distress. I couldn't believe she had the audacity to show up here, to disrupt my life once again.

I stared at her, feeling like I was looking into a twisted mirror of myself. She mimicked my every move, my every gesture, with unsettling accuracy. It was as if she took pleasure in tormenting me, in reminding me of everything I despised about myself.

"It's not my fault you didn't tell her about me" she taunted, her laughter bordering on hysteria. "Are you scared for her to r—" I cut her off with a glare, the frustration boiling beneath the surface. Her words were like daggers, slicing through the fragile peace I had tried so hard to maintain.

"Why are you here?" I demanded, my voice trembling with a mixture of anger and fear. The scar above her eyebrow served as a stark reminder of the differences between us, a physical manifestation of the rift that had torn us apart.

But despite our differences, despite the years of resentment and bitterness between us, I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that gripped me. What did she want from me? And more importantly, what did she do to Zephyra?

"Don't you ever come near her again" I warned my sister, my disbelief giving way to frustration as she continued to wear that infuriatingly smug expression.

"Aw, don't stress yourself too much, dear twin sister" she taunted, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "I didn't do anything to her. I just kissed Jessica, my love. Aren't you happy for me?"

I couldn't bring myself to dignify her words with a response. Instead, I turned on my heel and stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut behind me. My mind was reeling with a whirlwind of emotions as I made my way outside, the need to find Zephyra and explain everything weighing heavily on my mind.

As I tried to reach her on the phone, the line remained busy, leaving me with no choice but to head straight to her house. The drive there was fraught with nervous energy, my stomach churning with anticipation of her reaction.

When I finally arrived, my heart sank at the sight of her absence. Panic threatened to consume me as I racked my brain, trying to piece together where she could be. She was always so unpredictable, and the thought of her out there, alone and hurting, sent a surge of anxiety coursing through my veins.

I sat in my car for a few moments, feeling the weight of exhaustion settle over me like a heavy blanket. The events of the day had taken their toll, leaving me drained and emotionally raw. But as I glanced at the time on my dashboard, a sense of urgency spurred me into action.

With a flicker of hope, I recalled seeing Zephyra with Aaliyah at school earlier. I redirected my car toward Aaliyah's house. Each distance echoed the urgency pulsing through me, driving me forward despite the weariness that weighed heavily on my shoulders.

The night air was cool against my skin, a stark contrast to the heat of my racing thoughts. With each passing moment, my anxiety grew, fueled by the uncertainty of Zephyra's whereabouts and her reaction when she saw me.

With a deep breath, I gathered my resolve and stepped out of the car. The night air was cool against my skin, a welcome contrast to the turmoil swirling within me. Determination set my feet in motion as I made my way towards Aaliyah's house.

As I walked, my mind raced with a flurry of thoughts and emotions. Guilt gnawed at me, a relentless reminder of how my actions had inadvertently caused Zephyra distress. I couldn't shake the feeling that I had let her down, that I had failed to protect her from the chaos that seemed to follow me wherever I went.

But amidst the guilt, there was also a glimmer of hope—a stubborn belief that perhaps, just perhaps, I could make things right. I refused to accept defeat, to let our relationship crumble under the weight of misunderstanding and insecurity.

Arriving at Aaliyah's doorstep, I hesitated, my hand poised to knock. What if Zephyra didn't want to see me? What if she blamed me for everything that had happened? The questions swirled in my mind, threatening to overwhelm me.

But I couldn't let fear hold me back. With a deep breath, I rapped my knuckles against the door, the sound echoing in the quiet night,  a sharp contrast to the tumult raging within me. I half-expected Zephyra to answer, her presence a beacon of comfort in the darkness.

Aaliyah answered the door with a weary smile, her eyes betraying the exhaustion that mirrored my own. Without a word, she stepped aside, allowing me to enter.

"Is she..." I began, my voice trailing off as I searched Aaliyah's face for any sign of reassurance.

"She's here" Aaliyah confirmed, her tone gentle yet guarded. "But she's resting. I didn't tell her anything, I promise."

Relief flooded through me, mingled with a profound sense of gratitude for Aaliyah's unwavering support. "Thank you" I murmured, the words barely more than a whisper.

Aaliyah nodded, her expression softening with understanding. "Just give her some space" she advised, her tone tinged with empathy. "She needs time to process everything."

I nodded in agreement, though the knot of worry in my stomach refused to loosen its grip. I wanted nothing more than to rush to Zephyra's side, to explain everything and beg for her forgiveness. But I knew I had to respect her boundaries, to give her the space she needed to come to terms with what had happened.

Leaving Aaliyah's house, I felt a sense of emptiness wash over me. The night stretched out before me, dark and unforgiving, echoing the turmoil in my heart.

As I drove home, the weight of exhaustion settled over me like a heavy blanket. But even as sleep beckoned, I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered in the depths of my soul.

The road stretched out before me, illuminated by the glow of streetlights that flickered like distant stars. With each passing mile, my thoughts turned to Zephyra, to the fragile bond that connected us and the uncertainty of what the future held.

But despite the uncertainty, one thing remained clear: I would do whatever it took to make things right, to mend the rift between us and forge a path forward, together. And as the night wore on, I clung to that hope like a lifeline, guiding me through the darkness toward the promise of a new day.

It was supposed to be our night together, a chance to escape the world and find solace in each other's arms. But instead, loneliness and worry gnawed at me, a constant reminder of the distance between us.

Despite the pain etched into my lips, I forced a smile. Now was not the time to succumb to despair. Drawing strength from memories of happier times, I resolved to keep fighting, to fix whatever had gone wrong between us.

Some people were fortunate enough to have friends to lean on in times of trouble, but I had always been alone. 

As I drove through the night the weight of my solitude pressed down on me, a heavy burden that threatened to crush my resolve. But deep within me, a spark of determination flickered, refusing to be extinguished by the darkness that surrounded me.

Arriving home, I stepped out of the car and into the quiet stillness of the night. The air was heavy with anticipation, charged with the promise of a new beginning. I squared my shoulders, steeling myself for the difficult conversations that lay ahead.

But I refused to let despair consume me. With renewed determination, I set about making preparations for the days to come. I gathered my thoughts, rehearsing the words I longed to say to Zephyra when the time came.

The hours stretched on, each minute ticking by in agonizing slow motion. Sleep eluded me, my mind consumed by thoughts of Zephyra and the uncertainty of our future. But through the haze of exhaustion, one thing remained clear: I would not rest until we had found our way back to each other.

As dawn broke on the horizon, casting a warm glow over the cityscape outside my window, I felt a surge of hope welling up within me. The new day brought with it the promise of fresh beginnings, of second chances and redemption.

Armed with this newfound resolve, I set out into the world, ready to face whatever lay ahead. The road ahead would be long and arduous, but I was prepared to walk it, hand in hand with Zephyra, until we reached the light at the end of the tunnel.

And as I stepped out into the morning light, the weight of my loneliness lifted, replaced by a sense of purpose and determination. For in that moment, I knew that no matter what the future held, we would face it together, united in our quest to heal our broken bond and forge a path forward, hand in hand, into the unknown.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 248 28
Chandria Jesse E. Ybañez was a pilot college student in Dartmouth University. A proud lesbian who loves to wave her flag without a shame. During her...
379K 13.3K 44
She had done something unforgivable. Put me in danger many times, almost ruined my dreams, made me believe that love exists between us but it was all...
794K 25.4K 52
Professorxstudent university series GXG#1 [Complete chapter] Update: The story is Under revision
348M 7.1M 80
This work of fiction may include potentially disturbing readings, scenes and discussions around topics such as sexual, self-harm, physical violence...