Thai BL Novel Recommendations

By PenRose001

Welcome to the world of Thai BL novels. Here's a selection curated for fans by fans. Experience a spectrum of... More

Sotus
Love Inextinct
The Red Thread
They're Celebrating Qingming Festival Next to My Grave
2Moons
Love Sick
2gether the Series
Make It Right
Ever-Snow Company
Carta Visa
Behind the Scenes
Scent of Love
Pit Babe
Love Sky: The Sky Where the Prince Sails
Love Storm: A Torrent of Love
TharnType Story: From Hate to Love Each Other for Real, Volume 1
Bed Friend
Tale of a Thousand Stars
Triage
Vice Versa: Love Switches Worlds, Volume 1
KinnPorsche
Euthanasia
Manner of Death
Transplant
NOT ME: Bad Boys, True Love
TharnType Story: From Hate to Love Each Other for Real, Volume 2
I Live Timid I Love Bravely
Dark Blue Kiss
So Evil... Mafia's Love!
The Theory of Courting You
Hemp Rope
Date today, break up on New Year #ChokandCherTogether
Gamer and His Clueless Brother #SoAndSoChainsThir
Spare Me Your Mercy
The Handsome Engineer Asks the Doctor to Be His Wife
Our stories #TheirStoriesThatMakeUsSmile
Thunderous Love
Tale of a Thousand Stars Special
Cupid's Last Wish
Defeated by Love
Conflicting Interests
Moon Majesty Volume 1

Cutie Pie: Even When Quiet, Big Bro Thinks I'm Naive

22 1 0
By PenRose001

Title: Cutie Pie: Even When Quiet, Big Bro Thinks I'm Naive

Synopsis:

Kilen and Keur are engaged, with a significant age gap of seven years between them. Keur, resembling a younger brother, has always followed his 'big brother' and firmly believes that he will marry 'Big Brother Lian' when he grows up. In Keur's eyes, Lian is a wonderful man, hardworking and owns his own beverage business and a pub, embodying the ideal man everyone admires. Keur does everything to be the right person for Lian, even if it means acting against his true nature – dressing neatly (which he dislikes), speaking gently (only in front of Lian), and pretending to manage household chores (which he barely does).

However, everything collapses when Keur asks Lian, once thought to be loving, if he loves Keur. Lian responds that he could live with Keur forever if Keur wishes so and has no problem marrying him, but when asked if he loves Keur, Lian admits he does not. To add insult to injury, Lian compares him to the Annabelle doll. That's the last straw for Keur! He decides he won't tolerate it any longer, he'll move on; there will be no wedding. Keur decides to call off the engagement and return to his true self – a vibrant, outspoken youth who isn't afraid to show his true colors, use his favorite hair dye, speak crudely with friends, and ensure he disrupts Lian's peace as much as possible.

What I Think

The story's pretty straightforward, no big conflicts or anything. The translation I read was a bit off at times, which confused me here and there, but overall, the story was quite sweet. It's not as serious as the trailer for the live adaptation makes it out to be; it's actually more on the playful side.

There's nothing standout about it, but I've always been a sucker for arranged marriage stories, and this one kept it really simple. It felt more like a light-hearted rom-com than anything else. To be honest, I prefer the second novel with Daerw and Yi more, but since I haven't finished this one completely, I'll hold off on giving a full review until later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 159 16
Read to find out
42.3K 1.9K 17
Gulf met Mew in an audition for a BL series. The first time he kissed him during an acting workshop, something stirred up in his chest. However, whe...
84K 2.8K 44
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...
1.4K 414 11
LGBT/ Love story. At nineteen, Toby knows firsthand what it is like to be lonely. Due to his sexual orientation he has become an outcast in his own f...