Team AZUR: KANSEN Watch!

By Archer6ald

Kinetic Artifactual Navy Self-regulative En-lore Node Watch is a technology that allows any individual to tra... More

Volume 1 Chapter 1: The Crow
Volume 1 Chapter 2: Beacon Academy
Volume 1 Chapter 3: Initiation
Volume 1 Chapter 4: Emerald Forest
Volume 1 Chapter 5: Team AZUR
Volume 1 Chapter 6: First Day
Volume 1 Chapter 7: Jaunedice
Volume 1 Chapter 8: Forever Fall
Volume 1 Chapter 9: Stray
Volume 1 Chapter 10: Vol 1 Finale Part 1
Volume 1 Chapter 11: Vol 1 Finale Part 2
Volume 2 Chapter 12: Night Assault
Volume 2 Chapter 13: Welcome to Beacon
Volume 2 Chapter 14: Investigation Begins
Volume 2 Chapter 15: White Fang Meeting
Volume 2 Chapter 16: We Need to Talk
Volume 2 Chapter 17: Dance Infiltration
Volume 2 Chapter 18: Field Trip
Volume 2 Chapter 19: Mountain Glenn
Volume 2 Chapter 20: Night Brakes
Volume 2 Chapter 21: Vol 2 Finale
Volume 3 Chapter 22: Crow & Ice
Volume 3 Chapter 23: Fall
Volume 3 Chapter 24: Destiny
Volume 3 Chapter 26: Evacuation
Volume 3 Chapter 27: Angel & Wyvern
Volume 3 Chapter 28: Demon & Taurus
Volume 3 Chapter 29: Vol 3 Finale
Notice!

Volume 3 Chapter 25: Player Vs Program

14 2 0
By Archer6ald

Date: October 9, XXXX

Time: 5:35 PM

Location: Amity Colosseum

The crowd cheered as the second match of the singles round would commence soon. But while everyone that was the case, Team AZUR worked tirelessly to watch out for any of 'Cinders' plans. Their eyes were wide open, anticipating something to occur out of nowhere.

As the cheers erupted endlessly from the crowd. The German engineer observed any signs of 'Cinders' underlings. And sure enough, he would spot one, Emerald Sustrai. Reinhart eyed the green-haired woman, and she did the same.

''Bruder Adam, one of them is here.''

''Who?''

''Emerald Sustrai.''

He answered to his earpiece and on the other side. Adam searched for any of Emerald's associates nearby but found none. The cameras were unable to detect any of her colleagues. Something was up, and the leader of Team AZUR knew it.

''The tournament is underway, and her colleagues are nowhere to be found. Let us assume the worst. Reinhart proceed to the surveillance room and guard it. No one in, no one out.'''

''Understood, Bruder Adam. Reinhart out.''

Getting up from his seat, Reinhart hurried his way toward the surveillance room. Entering through the staff-only room, he proceeded to his objective. The cheer from the crowd was very faint, but the German would hear Doctor Oobleck's announcement.

''Alright! It's now time to begin the elimination process for our next fight.''

On cue, Mercury Black walked out of the surveillance room with blood on his shoes. This could only mean one thing. They were in the process of initiating their plan once more. The German could only guess why the supposed injured huntsman was present.

''Mercury.''

''It looks like our first contender is Penny Polendina of Atlas!''

''What are you doing?''

''And her opponent will be Pyrrha Nikos from Beacon!''

Professor Port announced and for once. The German's heart trembled upon hearing about his best friend's opponent. His eyes widen because he knows what would happen if Penny faced someone like Pyrrha. This was a nightmare of his come to life, and there was nothing he could do.

''No.''

''Oh, polarity versus metal. Hmm, that could be bad.''

''You bastard!''

Twisting the knob of his watch, Reinhart selected his KANSEN to transform into. Bismarck has blue eyes and long blonde hair. Her outfit consists of a black military uniform with German flag accents on her skirt, and her peaked cap is accented with symbols of the German Empire. She also wears a fur-trimmed cape and a pair of black thigh boots. Her coat-of-arms is displayed on her left shoulder, and her weapon is a spear staff.

''Mercury Black, I will give you one chance to surrender.''

''Aww, what's the fun in that?''

''Very well. Then let me entertain you!''

Pointing her spear staff. The battleship took a stance against her opponent. Mercury merely smirked at her response and took his fighting stance.

''Fighters, are you ready?''

Doctor Oobleck questioned, and it didn't take long for him to receive a nod from both combatants. Seeing as they were eager to duke it out, the doctor would oblige to their wishes and start the countdown.

''Three! Two! One!''

''Showtime.''

''BEGIN!''

Mercury launched the first strike and closed the distance between him and the KANSEN with his cybernetic legs. The ship girl braced herself as Mercury unleashed a barrage of rapid, devastating kicks aimed at her midsection.

''Ack!''

Seeing how her opponent struck first, it was time for Bismarck to retaliate. She lunged forward and thrust the spear staff towards Mercury. Attempting to pierce through his aura with multiple thrusts with precision and power.

Mercury displayed remarkable agility as he backpedaled, narrowly evading Bismarck's thrusts. His cybernetic legs allowed him to dart around like a shadow, and he responded with a burst of compressed air projectiles from his legs. They hurtled toward Bismarck, causing her to deflect them with her spear staff, sending shockwaves down the hallway.

''Well, you certainly are living up to the expectations. I had from you and your team.''

''Such honors may please a weakling, but I am strong.''

''Then bring it on!''

The two combatants continued their dance of battle. Bismarck struck first with all her might, and powerful shockwaves accompanied each thrust of her spear staff. Mercury countered with his agility to maintain his distance from the KANSEN. If one of Bismarck's thrusts were to land, it would be devastating.

As the battle raged on. Mercury started to understand what the ship girl was doing. In sheer power, strength, and durability, she had him beat. The ship girl wanted to overwhelm him with her thrust for at least one of them to land.

With that in mind, he knew he couldn't maintain for much longer. His opponent was starting to show signs of catching up with his speed. Desperation fueled him to launch one final, all-out attack. With a ferocious spinning kick, he aimed for Bismarck's spear staff, hoping to disarm her.

'Disarming me, I think not!'

Bismarck saw Mercury's attempt at disarming her and seized the opportunity. She channeled her immense strength into one last thrust, aiming the tip of her spear staff at Mercury's aura. The corridor trembled as her weapon pierced and shattered her opponent's aura in a brilliant light.

''Ack!''

''Got you! You son of Scheisse!''

Bismarck scored the final thrust and found its mark. It struck Mercury's chest, sending him to the harsh concrete floor. The impact was so powerful it created a shockwave. And as everything cleared, Mercury Black was defeated. Bismarck stood victorious, her chest heaving as she slowly retracted her spear staff.

''Mercury!''

A voice called, and a hail of dust rounds impacted Bismarck's back. The projectiles didn't penetrate nor injure the battleship. The KANSEN immediately turned around and took a stance. What the ship girl saw was one Emerald Sustrai.

''Emerald.''

Bismarck stated, pointing her weapon at the newcomer. She was about to close the distance and engage, but her earpiece would receive the voice of Adam.

''Reinhart! Do you hear me!''

Bismarck halted as she heard her leader's voice through her earpiece. But something was wrong. Adam's voice was accompanied by urgency. Placing her guard up, she wouldn't leave herself open as she communicated with him.

''I hear you, Bruder Adam. This is Bismarck.''

''You need to get over the arena ASAP! Code alpha! I repeat! Code alpha!''

The ship girl's eyes widen, and this could only mean one thing. 'Cinder' has initiated her plan. Looking behind her, she saw Emerald tending to Mercury's injuries.

''She- She got me good.''

''That's what you get for engaging one of them head-on.''

''I know... It was fun- Ow!''

Mercury responded to his rescuer. Emerald did her best to patch her partner. He'd sustained several broken ribs during his battle with the ship girl. And speaking of ship girl, Bismarck was looking directly at them. Emerald had heard of how powerful Team AZUR's semblance was, but she hadn't anticipated this kind of power.

Although she wanted to take both of them down for good. 'Cinder' has enacted her plan, and there was no way she could deal with the two of them fast enough and aid her team with whatever 'Cinder' has done. Time was of the essence, as she was forced to leave them be as she ran back to the Colosseum, and what she saw first broke her heart.

''Freundin Penny... No.''

Those were the first words that came out of the battleship's mouth. Because on screen was the torn and broken body of Penny Polendina. Tears flowed through the KANSEN's cheeks. The crowd around the arena expressed their grief as they hadn't expected this accident to occur.

Everyone was panicking over the situation at hand and to make things worse. The cameras hadn't shut off their broadcast. This must be why Mercury was in the surveillance room in the first place. To ensure that the cameras weren't shut down during this tragedy. As the staff did their best to cut off the feed, the holographic panels and screens of the arena turned crimson red.

''This is not a tragedy. This was not an accident. This is what happens when you hand over your trust. Your safety. Your children. To men who claim to be our guardians but are, in reality. Nothing more than men.''

A nefarious voice echoed throughout the watchers, audiences, and participants of the Vytal Festival. Everyone wondered who the speaker was and what was happening.

''Our academy's headmasters wield more power than most armies, and one was audacious enough to control both. They cling to this power in the name of peace, and yet. What do we have here? One kingdom's attempt at a synthetic army. Mercilessly torn apart by another star pupil. What need would Atlas have for a soldier disguised as an innocent little girl? I don't think the Grimm can tell the difference.''

General Ironwood gritted his teeth and stood up from his seat. His fist clenched, and his face flared with visible anger. Understanding who the speaker was. This could only mean that 'Cinder' had bypassed his defenses.

''What I ask you is Ozpin teaching his students? First a dismemberment, now this? Huntsmen and huntresses should carry themselves with honor and mercy. Yet I have witnessed neither. Perhaps Ozpin felt defeating Atlas in the tournament would help people forget his colossal failure to protect Vale when the Grimm invaded its streets, or this was his message to the tyrannical dictator who occupied an unsuspecting kingdom with armed forces.''

In his office high above on a tower overseeing Beacon Academy, Headmaster Ozpin averted his gaze from his screen. He was completely aware of who the speaker was when she first spoke. Their preparations for 'Cinder' and her plans were immediately thrown out the window.

''Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue as to who is right and who is wrong, but I know that the existence of peace is tragic. The leaders of our kingdoms conduct their business with iron gloves. I am someone who hails from Mistral. I can assure you. That the situation there is equally undesirable.''

Near Vale's mighty wall and its formidable defenses. The creatures of the dark were coming in waves. Beowolves, Ursa's, Nevermore, Death Stalkers, and Goliaths. Vale's defenses will finally be tested to see whether or not. The kingdom will prevail in this dire time.

''The kingdoms are on the brink of war. Yet we, the citizens, are left in the dark. So I ask you. When the first shots are fired? Who do you think you can trust?''

As the unknown speaker said her last line. The holographic panels and screens of the arena turned into their old color of blue. But it was too late. The damage was done. Panic has begun to take hold on those who were weak-minded.

''Bismarck, proceed to the arena and secure Pyrrha! I don't need an explanation on why you didn't inform us about Penny. Just do it!''

Adam ordered through the earpiece. The battleship wiped out her tears and replaced them with an iron look. This will not be the day Cinder will take advantage of her emotions. Standing up, weapon at hand. The least she could do was avenge her friend.

''Understood, Kommandant.''

Immediately, the sirens alerted everyone that the Grimm had breached through Vale's defenses. This only amplified everyone's fears and fragile emotions as a singular Nevermore landed on the energy dome of the Colosseum.

''ALERT! INCOMING GRIMM ATTACK THREAT LEVEL NINE. PLEASE TAKE SHELTER IN A CALM AND ORDERLY MANNER.''

Everything spiraled out of control as everyone panicked. Seeing that a Nevermore has appeared above the Amity Colosseum. It didn't take long for everyone to rush to the exit.

''Ladies and gentlemen. Please, there is no need for panic.''

General Ironwood spoke through the intercom of the Colosseum. But his words had no impact on the panicking students and civilians. Meanwhile, the Nevermore had started to damage the energy dome. Attempting to breach it and wreak havoc on the panicking people.

'You will pay for this Cinder.'

Team AZUR: KANSEN Watch!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 1K 32
Off the coast of Germany, three kansen sisters sailed in the darkness of the night. All three of them struck with curiosity. Following the trail of a...
15.3K 585 23
a young girl battling with her own struggles finds refuge in a ship but little did she know she was aboard a kansens ship
59.3K 994 28
I am USS Long Beach, after being dismantled I was transported to another world and threatened with death by a goddess, so now I will cooperate with t...
16.6K 1K 62
The second book of Azur Lane: Kaiserin has arrived and with it comes action, adventure, deception and romance!! Will our beloved Kaiserin find true h...