The Alpha

By Tochi1819

She ran and ran as fast as her legs could carry her in the dark eerie forest. Something was chasing after her... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Twelve

19 0 0
By Tochi1819

"To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark." ― Victor Hugo

Kill Her Tears

Ashina had heard the sound of the door of the basement being opened and she pretended to be asleep though she was very weak and her body feels very hot as she had caught fever.

She heard one of the warriors called out to her to get up from the ground and follow them out but she pretended not to hear them as she continued to lay on the cold ground and then she heard footsteps approaching her and the next moment she felt herself being pulled up harshly from the ground and she felt pain on her hand where the warrior had held her tightly and began to pull her out of the basement.

She didn't have the voice to shout at him to let her go that she could walk on her own but instead she let him drag her away as he please.

Immediately she came outside she squinted her eyes as she covered them with her hand shielding the bright light from the sun.

It was five days ago since she last saw the sun and breathe in fresh air. She was still trying to gather enough air in her lungs when she heard a familiar voice.

" Let her go I'll take it from here " The voice said and when she took her hand away from her face she saw that it was Dexter and she forced out a small smile.

She was so happy to see him again. He was wearing a yellow polo shirt and white pants over a white sneakers and he looked more handsome than he had always been as the breeze ruffled his hair.

" Gamma Dexter but Alpha saw we should..... " Kent said the warrior holding her hand and was cut short by Dexter who had no smile on his face.

" I know what Alpha said now let her go " Dexter said as his eyes flicked from yellow to black and then yellow again as a warning and Kent immediately left her hand.

Ashina had never seen Dexter angry before as this was the first time.

" Both of you leave, I'll take her to Alpha myself " He said and the warriors bowed their heads and left.

Dexter watched thier retreating backs as they left and then he turned to look at Ashina who was already looking at him and he saw her lips curved up a little as she gave him a weak smile but he didn't smile back.

He didn't like the state she was in. She wasn't like the girl he met few days ago, she looked lean with her rumpled hair and pale lips like someone who was sick.

Her skin was pale and her eyes were red from crying, there were dark circles round her eyes and her knuckles were red from banging at the door continuously until she was tired.

Most of all he was more annoyed to see a five fingers hand prints on her left cheek where Jayden had slapped her, the mark was still there even after five days to show how hard he had hit her in anger.

" Hi " She said in a weak voice and then her knees trembled and they gave way as she fell but before she could reach the ground Dexter moved quickly and caught her before she could fall and she fell against his body instead.

" Are you alright ? " Dexter asked in a calm and caring voice and he noticed that her body was hot.

" Yes, I'm f.. fine thank you " She said as tears began to fall from her eyes again.

" No, no don't cry please " Dexter said and wiped her tears away with the back of his hand gently " You're going to make yourself more weak "

Ashina trembled in his arms as she sniffed. If only Jayden could treat her like this, talk to her calmly and gently it would have been more better.

Isn't that how Werewolves treats their mates with love and caring attitude but Jayden was different. He tortures her, hit her, shouts at her, and treats her like a slave.

" You're burning up " Dexter said when he touched her forehead with the back of his hand " Come on let's go freshen you up " He said and she nodded as she followed him to her room.

Meanwhile someone was listening to their conversation as he stared down at them and he watched them leave and his eyes flickered from yellow to black.

Jayden had just been informed by the warriors he asked to release his mate from the basement Kent and Adrian that his Gamma had decided to take care of his mate by himself and he immediately went over to his room from the living room only to see his mate falling down and his Gamma caught her by her waist hugging her against his body and he felt his chest tightened by their closeness.

What was wrong with him ?

Why was he suddenly feeling jealous ?

His mate belonged to him and no one else so no one can take her away from him but the sight of her hugging someone else made him furious and his Wolf was not left out.

They were both mad and Jayden felt like jumping down from the window and separate his mate from his Gamma but he held himself back.

And when he saw her crying he felt moved to go and wipe her tears away but Dexter already did it. That action alone made him turn around and walked back to the living because he knew if he didn't leave he was going to do something his Wolf wanted him to do.

He got back to the living room and met his Beta waiting for him and he sat back on the sofa with his legs crossed together and his fingers entwined together.

Ryder could feel his enraged breathing from where he stood and he thought if he should tell him what he came for or he should wait until later.

" Say what is it you wanna say " He suddenly heard Jayden said.

" Alpha I just got a call from Xander, he said your brother wants to meet with you at his park house tomorrow " Ryder said and he heard him hum.

" Anything else " Jayden asked looking at him.

" No Alpha , I'll take my leave now " Ryder said and left.

༺♡༻

Ashina soaked herself in the hot water tub as she let the water wash away all the dirt from her body. She made sure to scrub her body with soap and wash her hair throughly until she felt her scalp hurt.

She had made up her mind not to ever talk back at Jayden again and instead get on his good side and maybe with time he would let her see her family and friends again.

She would make sure not to act weak in front of him and learn to kill her tears. She would let him know that she wasn't a weak human girl anymore.

She finished bathing and wrapped her self with a red towel and she stepped into the room and saw a white tiny starp flay dress on the bed and she frowned.

Did Dexter get her a dress ? She thought.

But unknown to her while she was bathing and Dexter was waiting for her outside the room. A girl from the park had brought a dress and told him that the Alpha told her to give it to his mate and Dexter frowned because Jayden had never done something like that before, not even to Klara.

Or was it because Ashina didn't have any clothes to change into or he didn't want her wearing his clothe again.

He accepted the cloth from the girl and told her to go and after she left he knocked on the door and when he didn't get any reply he opened the door and placed the dress on the bed and left closing the door.

She smiled thinking it was Dexter who brought the dress for her and she immediately put it on and it fitted her perfectly as though the dress was made for her.

" Dexter " She called out to him and he opened the door and walked into the room and his lips parted in awe when he saw her.

She was more beautiful in the dress than he had imagined her to be along with her radiant smile. It fitted her perfectly as she spinned around while holding the flay of the dress and said " How do I look "

Dexter broke away from his trance and he smiled along with her " You look beautiful as always " He said and she giggled.

" Thank you and thank you for the dress too it's beautiful and I love it " She said and the smile on his face fell as he scratched the back of his head.

" Ashina I wasn't the one who got you the dress " He said and her face turn sour.

" Then who got it for me " She asked as she stared at the dress.

Dexter didn't know if he should tell Ashina that it was Jayden who got the dress for her or not.

" Why aren't you saying anything " She asked again snapping him out of his thoughts.

" Uh... Actually it was... "

" It was who ? "

" It was Alpha who got it for you " Dexter finally said it and there was a minute silence between them and he wondered what was going on in her mind as he watch her stared at the dress as though she wanted to take it off immediately.

And he was right. Ashina felt her body itch her when she heard Dexter told her that the dress was from the Alpha and she was surprised.

It was something she didn't know that was even possible. Why would he get her a dress when he hates her so much and treats her badly, what was his purpose for doing this anyway.

" Did you tell him that I don't have any clothes to change into " She asked him.

" No I haven't. I am even surprised myself " Dexter said.

" Please can you give me one of your shirt to wear till I get my clothes from my house, I don't want to wear this dress " She said and Dexter eyes got wide after hearing what she said.

Did she want to anger Jayden again or did she plan to put him in trouble. Not long he was being scolded by Jayden because she was wearing his clothes yesterday and now she wants to wear his cloth again.

Dexter knew his limit when it comes to getting close to her even though Jayden wasn't treating her nicely she was still his mate and he was an Alpha Werewolf and Werewolves are overly prossessive of their mates especially the Alphas. Jayden might not show that he was prosssessive of his mate but you could see the jealousy in his eyes when someone gets close to her.

" No I can't do that anymore " He said.

" Why not "

" Because Alpha will get angry with both of us so please in order not to get him angry today and make him punish you just wear the dress he has given to you and go answer him okay " He said and Ashina just frowned.

" Alright " She said and he smiled at her.

" Let's go before he comes get you himself " He said and they both left the room and walked down to the living room where Jayden was waiting for her.

༺♡༻

When they finally got to the living room Dexter stood by the door and told her to go ahead and she nodded her head as she took a deep breath and walked inside the living room to see Jayden sitting on a sofa chair.

Her breath stopped when she set her eyes on him, he was looking so gorgeous this morning in the ash pj's he was wearing. The three top buttons of the shirt was left open revealing his taut muscles and hard chest.

The moment their eyes met she looked away and then she thought that this was not the time to stare at his handsome face.

Jayden continued to look at her not taking his eyes off her. He stared at the dress he had gotten for her as it fitted her body perfectly even as she had gotten lean.

He noticed that her hair had grown longer and was now reaching her butt and thighs as most off them covered her face so he couldn't see his hand print on her reddened cheek.

When he noticed that he had stared at her longer than he ever did he immediately composed himself and said in a commanding voice but not in a harsh way.

" Sit " He said and he watched her sit down at the sofa in his right side.

" Not there, sit opposite me so I can see your face clearly " He said and he watched her stand up from where she sat and came to sit opposite him with her head down.

" Look at me " He said and she looked up at him to meet his eyes while fiddling with her hands as she took a deep breath again.

" Where is Dexter " He asked.

" He left " She said.

" Don't... Don't look anywhere else apart from me " He said when he saw her take her eyes off him and she turned back to look at him and that was when he noticed that she had beautiful big brown eyes but he push the thought at the back of his head.

" I thought both of you were together " He asked tilting his head to the side as the scene of her hugging Dexter replayed in his mind and he let out a low growl.

" Yes Alpha but he already left so I came alone " Ashina answered.

" I see...So are you ready to talk now or you wished to go back to the basement " He said.

" No Alpha I am ready to talk now " She said and he narrowed his eyes at her.

He was used to her talking back at him or acting all sturbborn but now he was surprised to see her answering his questions in a gentle manner like a reasonable girl and he wondered if her stay in the basement made her like this.

" Good " He said and he stood up and walked round the table separating both of them and came to stand in front of her as he sat on the table and lean close to her such that their faces were really close and Ashina had to look away.

What did he think he was doing leaning close to her like that ?

" I told you not to look away from me or do you want me to pluck out your eyes " He said and she shook her head.

" No Alpha " She said and look back at his face as she gaze into his bright yellow eyes. This was the first time he was getting this close to her as though he was inspecting her and she felt him lift her chin up with his index finger.

" Now are you going to tell me who let you out of the mansion " He asked and she nodded her head.

" Yes " She said.

" Who is it "

" It was... It was " Ashina was reluctant to call out Klara's name even though she knew that the she Werewolf didn't like her but she feared what Jayden would do to her.

" It was WHO ? " He asked again as his patience was already running out and he grabbed her cheeks and she hissed in pain when he touched the place he had hit her.

" It was Klara " She finally said it and he released her cheeks and pulled back away from her as he reminence what she just said.

Klara ? So it was her !!!

TBC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

446K 14.6K 28
11:59 pm "5" "4" "3" They chanted counting down to the moment Ares will meet his mate. "2" "1" Sparks erupted in my heart making me gasp and fall ont...
103K 4.3K 79
***Please read my message on November 12, 2019 (if you can) for enlightenment purposes*** "Who are you?" A certain Luna asked. "Tell me, why do I fe...
668 32 15
First Book! Grace was staying up late with her friends Dj, Seth, and Eliza on her bday, she snuck away from her friends so she can try to scare th...
8.7K 337 27
"Can you shift?" His voice was notably softer. I was grateful for it. As best as I could, I shook my head. The lingering dizziness rang through my he...