Not my Captain

By Backtoback1234

Female Footballer OC I don't claim to know the people in this story and so if their character, sexuality or s... More

Who she is
Family
Intro
2012 Olympic Call Up
First Meet
Round for dinner
Questions
Truth Comes Out
Truth comes out Pt. 2
Christie Rampone after 4-2 Victory
Critics eat their words
Coming home
2015 USWNT Roster not revealed
Jill Ellis on why the roster isn't released and Castillo.
Ignacio Quereda on first World Cup and Castillo
Spain Women's National Team want Castillo
Tug of War between USWNT and Spain
Run ins
Last Day for USWNT
USWNT or Side-lines
Castillo's ON the team
Substitute?
Late night adventures
Finally Starting
New Captain Live Stream
New Captain?
Fans Opinions, Votes and Speculation
Finding out and telling her
🔞 "Celebrations" 🔞
Announcing captain
Captain to Captain
Spain Secures Castillo
Possible Signing
Llorens holds a press conference
Barcelona Confirms it
Castillo's not at the olympics
Sorry I'm not there
No Castillo, No Gold?
USWNT management under scrutiny AGAIN
USWNT NEED Castillo
Announcing their passing
Condolences
Too little too late
I need you
Letter to Them
Castillo's Heart breaking letters
Another Loss
Announcing it
Condolences pt.2
Condolences pt.3
Letter to teddy
Castillo's letter to her brother
Castillo to leave Barcelona
Charlie...I did it
Castillo joins Arsenal
2021-22 Loan
Reactions to the loan (2021-22)
~~Miscellaneous~~
Learn the Alphabet with Lexi Castillo
Chants/Songs etc.

Outrage over Castillo being benched

309 9 0
By Backtoback1234

Outrage Mounts as Alexandra Castillo Sits Benched Throughout USWNT Group Stage Matches

In the ongoing 2015 Women's World Cup, one notable absence from the starting lineup has drawn ire and frustration from fans worldwide: Alexandra Castillo. Despite being present on the US Women's National Team (USWNT) roster, Castillo has remained confined to the bench, raising serious questions about the team's tactics and utilization of talent.

Throughout the group stage matches against Australia, Sweden, and Nigeria, Castillo has been a noticeable figure on the side-lines, eagerly awaiting her chance to step onto the pitch. However, despite her readiness and the anticipation of supporters, she has yet to be called upon by the coaching staff.

The decision to keep Castillo benched has sparked a wave of criticism and speculation among fans and pundits alike. Many argue that her dynamic playing style and ability to impact matches could provide a much-needed spark to the team's performance. With her skill set and potential, Castillo has been touted as a game-changer, capable of turning the tide in favour of the USWNT.

Fans are particularly annoyed as it appears to echo the selective utilization seen during the CONCACAF Women's Championship, where Castillo was only made a starter in the quarterfinals, semi-finals, and finals, despite her evident talent and contributions.

Despite the presence of other talented players on the USWNT roster, the absence of Castillo from the starting line-up has become a focal point of discussion and debate. Fans express their discontent with the team's tactics, questioning why a player of Castillo's calibre is not being utilized to her full potential.

As the tournament progresses, the frustration over Castillo's lack of playing time continues to mount. Supporters, who had hoped to see her prowess showcased on the world stage, are left perplexed by the coaching staff's decision to keep her side-lined.

While Castillo may be relegated to the bench for now, her supporters remain hopeful that she will soon be granted the chance to showcase her talents and contribute to the USWNT's quest for success in the 2015 Women's World Cup.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 651 21
Leah Williamson x OC I don't claim to know anyone in this personally and therefore their character, personality and sexuality (which I am not assumi...
5.7K 142 6
can you see me using everything to hold back? alessia russo x fem!oc 2023 - 2024, uswnt & awfc
12K 237 7
random football oneshots I feel like writing ⚽️ currently writing > leah williamson (mostly matildas, arsenal and barca) 💚💛 & ❤️🤍 & ❤️💙 {i do t...
113K 2.3K 25
After loving football her whole life but never getting the chance to play for a team all due to the simple fact that she was a girl, how is Julia goi...