Just A Hunch (Varian x Witch...

By boxxieofbox

Hey guys! This is the sequel to my book Gut Feelings! If you haven't read it, I highly suggest that you do ot... More

Just A Hunch
Other Friends
To Corona
A Proposition
Do it for Her
Switching Sides
Redemption
Cleaning
Late Night Picnic
Falsely Accused
The Stabbingtons
Wolfie
Chasing the Wolf
Community Project
Fearing Yourself
Witch Trial
Protection
The Prank
The Day of Hearts
Trevor Returns
The Sea Serpent
The Apple
Teamwork
Red Rocks
Overcoming Fear
Tรฉir Abhaile Riu
Sweets
The Snuggly Duckling
Wrong Place Wrong Time
An Old Friend
Something's Missing
New Plans
Changing Roles
Just Around The River Bend
Buried Treasure
Confessions
Love Spells
Storm Cloud
Understanding
Out of it
Why
Try After Try
Willow Maiden
Just A Curse
Simple Song
Dress After Dress
I Put a Spell On You
Research
Dragon Tales
Guards and Orders
Sick Days
Naps and Soup
Return To The Lorbs
False Emergencies

The Well

231 18 4
By boxxieofbox

A/n: hey guys! I know it's been awhile. I spent some time rereading my stuff and collecting my ideas again. Some things might be different with the like magic wise stuff but believe me I'm going to do better at updating this one.

Eugene and Rapunzel stood banging on the Captain's door with Pascal right on the princess' shoulder. Varian and (Y/n) stood a few feet away. His blue eyes were full of worry as his girlfriend's arms were wrapped around her stomach. The nausea becoming worse by the minute for the girl.

"Captain! We really need to talk!" Rapunzel yelled. Owl flew down onto the railing of the small porch just as the door opened revealing the man himself.

"Look, we know about the fountain." Rapunzel said. The Captain looked both ways before crawling out of his hut. "And I know this is really hard to hear, but..." The captain ignored them as he started to walk away.

"Something really bad is coming if you don't take that wish back right now!" Eugene practically yelled. The captain stood with his back to the couple. Eugene took his chance to point out Varian and (Y/n) to the man.

"(Y/n) is even trying to hold in her own vomit from how bad that thing is! If that's not a sign, then I don't know what is!" Eugene said. Varian had glanced down at his girlfriend and gently started rubbing her back trying to help soothe her. It did little to ease the nausea, but something was better than nothing.

"It's worth the price." The captain stated without any regret in his voice. "But the magic on this island nearly did us in. You cannot take that risk!" Rapunzel pleaded with the man. "She's right. The magic on this island is stronger than you'd know." Varian added.

"I have to. It's my only hope. Rapunzel, when I said I stopped looking for Cassandra, I lied." The captain said with regret in his eyes. "I traveled tirelessly in search of my daughter. And then...I found her. She was filled with a rage I have never seen. That person wasn't Cassandra. So you see, this is the only way I can fix my mistakes." The Captain explained.

"Captain, please! We are out of time! It's almost sundown!" Rapunzel tried to stop him when the ground started shaking. The feeling of the ground shaking made (Y/n) cover her mouth and hunch down onto the ground. "Milady!" Varian's voice was laced in worry as he knelt down next to her. His gloved hands immediately going to hold her hair back. The witch took a few deep breaths before a groan left her mouth.

"God I really don't like this island." (Y/n) said just as the ground stopped shaking. "If it means anything, I've never been more attracted to someone who's trying not to puke up their guts." Varian said trying to lighten the mood, and it worked. (Y/n) let out a soft giggle before her eyes met up with Varian's blue ones.

"You really know how to make a girl swoon, don't you, Sapphires?" (Y/n) said with a slight smile which was quickly returned.

"Captain, you don't understand. Only you can take your wish back. If you don't take that coin out of the fountain, the Lorb magic will turn on you." Rapunzel said as she knocked at the captain's door once again.

"Blondie, I think that ship has sailed." Eugene said and a soft hoot caught everyone's attention. "I recognize that bird." Eugene said as he spotted a familiar bird.

"Ugh...that's a lot of birds." Varian said as he carefully started to pull (Y/n) up from the ground. "Birds?" She asked rubbing her eyes. The black sludges of creatures flickered back and forth from a brown bird to the monsters she saw before. "Huh...I guess it is birds." She said tilting her head to the side trying to get her vision to focus.

"Hello." One of the birds said as it turned to face the group. The bird looked exactly how Cassandra looked when she and the others were transformed into birds. "Hello." Another one said before they all turned to the group with glares.

"Did I mention that I really really hate this island?" Varian said as he started to back up slowly. His hand was interlaced with (Y/n)'s as he started to pull her with him.

"So glad we came back. Run!" Eugene yelled and the group took off. "Okay! Okay! I don't know what wickedness I was expecting, but it definitely was not this!" Eugene yelled as the birds started swooping down at them.

"Please no before coffee Cass, please no before coffee Cass!" (Y/n) pleased as she ran. "Before coffee Cassie?! That's the one you're worried about?!" Varian asked as his arms moved up to protect his head from a dive bombing bird Cassandra.

"Listen I'd rather take on moon stone power hungry Cass!" (Y/n) said back and Varian rolled his eyes. "I'd much rather take no coffee Cassie!" "Then by all means, take on no coffee Cassie!" "I don't wanna take on Cassie regardless!" Varian yelled back almost tripping as he ran. The group made it away from the birds, but they were forced to stop in their tracks by even more Cassandra's.

"Well, hello, friends." One of the Cassandra's in her armor said cutting through the bush's. Multiple versions of herself following close behind laughing maniacally. The feeling in (Y/n)'s stomach got worse as they all seemed to multiply. They were completely surrounded by all of the versions of Cassandra.

"All right, Blondie, kids. Let's do this!" Eugene said as the group got ready to fight. Rapunzel pulled down her hair, Varian pulled out different colored vials from inside his jacket, and (Y/n)'s hands started to be covered by a soft green.

"And just remember, they are not the real Cass." Eugene finished pulling out a sword himself. The different Cassandra's started to charge at the group.

(Y/n) was quickly surrounded by a lady in waiting Cassandra, royal guard Cassandra, and an armored Cassandra. "Ugh, why do you guys have to feel so gross?!" (Y/n) asked more herself as vines appeared through the ground. The green vines wrapped around different parts of the Cass' bodies and pulled them down. Once on the ground, the vines covered them making them unable to free themselves.

A battle cry quickly came from behind the witch. She turned her head and noticed a Cassandra behind her, sword raised ready to strike. A soft gasp left (Y/n)'s mouth as she raised her arms up to block the sword. At the same time, vines started to grow in between both girls. Cassandra's sword was faster as it grew closer to the witch's arms. Just before it was about to strike her skin, a barrier other than the vines separated the two.

(Y/n) only heard the sound of an annoyed growl come from the Cassandra. She glanced up to see her opponent floating up in a large bubble. Raising her brow, the witch lowered the vines to see Varian standing a few feet away.

Varian's bright blue eyes showed relief as he saw his beautiful girlfriend unharmed. (Y/n) quickly took notice of his stance. In one hand was a small orb full of chemicals, his stance showing he was the one that threw whatever trapped the Cassandra.

"Nice throw, Sapphires." (Y/n) complimented with a bright smile. "Eh, what can I say. I-I" Varian started to stutter as he almost dropped the orb in his hand making (Y/n) giggle. "I do have some pretty good timing." Varian finished with a soft blush dusting his freckled cheeks.

"I get you two are having a little moment here, but we gotta go!" Eugene's voice broke them from their trances as they saw an armies worth of Cassandras' following him. (Y/n) was the first to start moving, making sure to grab Varian's hand as she went. The couple ran side by side as Eugene was behind them with Pascal, Alfons, and Owl. They quickly headed towards the beach hoping to figure out a plan as they ran.

"Get them! Ha ha!" Multiple Cassandra's yelled as they chanced the group to the shore. "Really hope you have a plan Punz!" (Y/n) yelled as she saw the princess taking her hair down at the shore line. "Oh no, no, no! The balloon!" Varian yelled as he pointed up to their only means of fleeing the island already in the air.

"Everybody! Hang on!" Rapunzel yelled before throwing her hair towards the others and getting ahold of the hot air balloon. Varian grabbed the hair easily making sure to wrap his hand around the witch's waist as he started to lift off the ground. (Y/n) quickly grabbed onto the hair herself getting a good grip. Both teens held onto the hair as they looked up at Rapunzel only to see the captain and the young Cassandra.

"I-I...I can't believe it. He's given up." Rapunzel said as she stared up at the balloon. "He's only hurting Cassie more by having that thing around." Varian said and (Y/n) sighed. "Unfortunately, he's the one that will have to live with that burden."

Right as our heroes gave up hope on their kingdoms Captain, the hot air balloon changed its course. The group stared up at the basket in disbelief before smiles shined on their faces. The balloon was headed right back to the island.

"Would you believe I'm actually starting to miss the real Cass?" Eugene said as he stared down at the multiple fakes covering the island. "I know Cassie is somewhat bloodthirsty, but this is still more blood lust than what I'd like to see from her." Varian said making (Y/n) laugh.

"I mean, her charm, her wit, the fact there was only one of her." Eugene continued. "He's got a point. There's only one Cassandra, and I'd gladly take the power hungry or the coffee less version any day rather than these ones." (Y/n) said and Varian nodded agreeing with her.

The hot air balloon started to land on one of the large mountain tops of the island. Eugene was the first off Rapunzel's hair. He quickly helped (Y/n) down first while Varian stumbled as he got off. (Y/n) immediately offered him her hand and he gladly took it. Eugene helped Rapunzel and the balloon landed with a thud. The captain and the young Cassandra stepping out. (Y/n) couldn't help but take a few steps back from the little girl as her face started to turn green.

"Princess...you're right. I haven't failed Cassandra yet. Just as long as I don't abandon my daughter. My real daughter." The captain said with regret laced in his words.

"He will pay for his wish!" They heard some of the Cassandra's yell. "Captain, go! We'll hold them off!" Rapunzel yelled and the man ran off with his wish into the jungle.

"Rapunzel." The group turned towards the Cassandra's only to see the version of the woman they didn't want to see. The strikingly bright blue hair made the hair on the back of their necks stand as they stared at her. The woman unsheathed her sword as her glare stayed strong towards Rapunzel.

"Uh, witchy, please, please, PLEASE, tell me that that is one of the fake Cass' right?!" Eugene yelled over to the witch. Her face scrunched up in disgust as she felt whatever energy was radiating off of the woman. "Yup, definitely a fake...definitely stronger though." (Y/n) said as she bent over slightly with her hands on her knees. "God, this sucks so much!" (Y/n) said under her breath as she took a few deep breathes.

"You are not real." Rapunzel said as she glared at the fake Cass. "You would say that, you never take me seriously!" Cassandra said before charging at the princess. Rapunzel acted fast and went for her as well.

The group sprung into action as the Cassandra's charged at them. Varian made sure to stay by (Y/n)'s side making sure to help her with anything the copies decided to throw at them. The witch's movements were slower and Varian was quick to notice.

"They just don't stay down!" (Y/n) yelled angrily while watching the ones she'd knocked down stand right back up. "We just have to hold our ground until the captain returns his wish. That's all we need to do! You've got this, milady!" Varian reassured while throwing a few different colored orbs at the women.

Not long after, our heroes all stood back to back as the group of Cassandra's surrounded them. Everyone looked back and forth around them trying to think of a way out.

"Okay guys, we each take 50. Deal?" Rapunzel said and the group all unconfidently nodded. The women all laughed simultaneously before started to charge at them. Eugene, Varian, and Rapunzel's backs were suddenly all against each other. The only one who didn't join them was (Y/n) as her hands met the ground in front of her.

A bright white light surrounded the group in a circle making the advancing Cassandra's scream in pain. Other versions of the woman covered their eyes while others stood stunned. Varian seemed to be the only one to notice the same bright white light coming from (Y/n)'s eyes. The light around them had vanished almost as quickly as it had appeared. The light from her eyes slowly started to fade away as she swayed back and forth. Right as she was about to fall over, Varian's arms were around her making sure she didn't hit the ground.

Eugene and Rapunzel watched stunned as the Cassandra's that touched the light seemed to be missing parts of themselves. Some were missing parts of their arms while others laid motionless on the ground as they'd lost more to themselves. Just as the Cassandra's were retreating, all of them started to wither away into ash.

The remaining bit of the white light in the witch's eyes flickered away as she started to blink. "Ugh, what happened?" (Y/n) asked as she raised her hand to rub her head in pain. "You, milady, just did something beyond spellbinding." Varian said with a light laugh. He couldn't believe how amazing she truly was. "You're definitely getting some new powers." He said making the girl in his arms groan.

The sound of footsteps made the group glance over to see the captain leaving the home of the fountain empty handed. They all watched as the man threw a golden coin to the ground.

"Let's go get my daughter back." Was all the captain said and the group gave him soft smiles proud of his decision.

The group was all packed into the hot air balloon. The captain was leaning over the side of the basket as he had one final talk with Alfons. Eugene leaned over to (Y/n) as they both watched Varian get the balloon ready for takeoff.

"Are you sure you're not still feeling the evil pukeys?" Eugene asked making the witch laugh. "Nope! The nausea went away right when the captain returned his wish. Now we just have to hope no one else decides to use Lorb magic." (Y/n) said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Alrighty, our one way trip back to Corona will have no stops so make sure you don't have to pee. I'm looking at you, Eugene." Varian said making the man glare at him while Rapunzel and (Y/n) laughed. "Seriously?! Are you ever going to let me live that down?! It was one time!"

The hot air balloon started to accent into the sky. The group of friends all turned to the captain who was staring down at the lorbs with sadness in his eyes.

"We'll find her, Captain." Rapunzel reassured. "I won't give up until we do." The captain said and the group all waved to the lorbs as they said their goodbyes.

"It's good to have you back, Captain." Eugene said as he placed a hand on the man's shoulder. "It truly is." Rapunzel said with a bright smile. "Wait until you hear what you've missed, Captain." Varian said and (Y/n) nodded. "We'll catch you up on everything on the ride." The witch said with a smile. "Let's go home." Rapunzel said and the captain smiled softly at the group in thanks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 5.9K 38
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
490K 17.6K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
289K 8.7K 63
โ Shut up,โž โ Make me, ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ.โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ no matter how hard she tries to resist, the daughter of Hades ends up falling for Percy Jac...
145K 4.4K 48
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจ๐Ÿ’Œเญงโ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹† IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...