Varian Oneshots and Imagines...

By DisneyReferenceQueen

**DISCONTINUED** I need a book of smaller shorts that i write and have saved in my drafts that never see the... More

The Stampede. (VAT7K )
The Stampede Pt. 2 (VAT7K )
/~.Noble Maiden Fair.~\
It's Ok. ( Hunger Games AU ) Pt.1
It's Ok. ( Hunger Games AU ) Pt.2
It's Ok. ( Hunger Games AU ) Pt.3
House Of Holbein ( CRACK CHAPTER )
Picture Show ( Bonnie and Clyde! AU ) ( Varian x Reader ) Part 1?

Forest Stars. ( Varian x Sibling! Reader ) ( Black Widow AU )

68 1 29
By DisneyReferenceQueen

A/N: This oneshot's a bit long, and I might make a part 2 to it. I will give a few trigger warnings? In the movie it's heavier than it is written here, I think.  

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Blood, guns being shot, people being shot, a little violence, government, child trafficking? ( Y/n and Varian are orphans, and they're in Natasha and Yelena's place. ) 

( Don't worry ya'll, there's no sexual content in the movie or in this oneshot. and no romance between these two. I'm mainly saying this for those who haven't watched the movie in case they're confused and horrified. :D )

I know the Red Room was only for girls, but we're gonna pretend that both genders are in the Red Room for this oneshot.

Nothing too bad, if you've seen the movie then you know. Varian is 7 and Y/n is 5. Enjoy ig?
**********************************************************************************************

Sunlight peeked through the green branches of the trees as a boy rode his bike down the street. His black hair flew behind him as he rode through the neighborhood.

Ohio. 1995.

He seemed to be in a daze as he looked at the other kids playing on a tire swing. He blinked with tired eyes as he rode by.

Soon he pulled his bike into his driveway.

A little girl a few years younger than him was playing on the swings in the backyard. She tilted her head back as she swung back and forth, her hair flopping upside down.

The boy walked to the backyard as he whistled a small tune, to which the little girl answered by whistling the tune back.

" Have you been on that swing all day Y/n?" The little boy said as he watched the young girl swing as she giggled.

" Yeah, and don't even think about trying to boss me around Varian. Just because I'm 2 years younger than you doesn't make you the boss of me."

Varian's blue eyes flickered at the young girl, studying her for a moment. " It does when I just want to keep you safe, Y/n."

Y/n giggled as she jumped off the swing. " You're only 7 years old! What can you do? Besides, mama and papa keep us safe."

Varian's eyes went stone cold for a moment as he looked to the side, but it was gone in a heartbeat as he quickly put on a smile. " Yeah. It's just that you're a troublemaker, N/n." He said as his small body lightly pushed her shoulder playfully. Y/n's face scrunched as the two chased eachother, laughing.

Y/n tripped and her knee fell on a twig, scraping it. " Ah! MAMA!" She wailed as she tucked her knees to her chest. ( She's 5 years old okay guys don't start with me in the comments ) Varian put on a solemn face as he walked to her and kneeled down, pulling her into his arms. " It's okay- Shh-"'

" What happened?" A serious woman's voice said as she walked over.

" She scraped her knee." Varian said quietly, his eyes fixed on the ground.

" Oh. Is that all?" She said in a sweet voice as she kneeled down, pressing a kiss to the girl's knee. Y/n cried and whimpered a bit as her mother shushed her gently.

"Shh, shh. It's alright. Get up. You're okay." She ushered sweetly.

Varian stood and walked over to the slide he looked back at the woman with a muted look on his face. But there was also twinge of fear in his eyes.

But what was he afraid of?

No. Not his little sister.

Y/n eventually stood as she held her mother's hand.

" Good girl. Your pain only makes you stronger." The woman said to the girl.

Varian watched the two as he sat on the swingset, a forced lazy look in his features.

" Look mama! Forest stars!" Y/n exclaimed as she pointed to the trees surrounding them, fireflies glowed as they flew through the trees.

The mother looked around as she rose a brow. "Yeah, you know what? Those are part of the Lampyridae family." She told the children. Varian's blue eyes suddenly grew wide with fascination as he jumped off the swing, letting the mother hold his shoulders.

" And the glow that you see? That comes from a chemical reaction called..." She paused for dramatic effect as the 2 children looked at her curiously. " Bioluminescence." She whispered.

Varian smiled as he watched the small bugs fly around, tilting his head up to the sky.

The mother chuckled. " Alright, time for dinner." She grabbed Y/n's hand and the two went inside. Varian soon followed silently, an unreadable expression in his eyes.

The 3 soon went to the dinner table. Y/n carrying a glass serving dish with corn to the table.

Varian had opened the fridge to get a drink when a man walked in the kitchen.

" Dad's home!" The mother called through the house.

" Hey dad." Varian tried to smile as the man seemed to be panting, his hair and clothes disheveled.

" Hey squirt." He said nonchalantly as he ruffled the boy's hair. The man had a serious look on his face.

As Y/n, Varian, and the mother ate at the table, The man was looking out the window, the mother looked at him with a knowing gaze.

" Everything okay?" She asked. He turned to look at the woman with a sigh, his expression telling her everything she needed to know.

" How was everyone's day?" He asked. Y/n started a ramble about the fireflies in the backyard as Varian crunched on a piece of corn.

The mother and father both walked to the hallway, talking in low voices.

" No." The mother said, not wanting to believe what she already knew.

The man only nodded.

" How long do we have?" She asked.

" I don't know, like an hour, maybe." He said as he glanced at the 2 children eating behind him.

The mother looked down as the man cradled her face with his hand.

" I don't wanna go." She said as he looked up at him.

" Don't say that." He whispered.

The 2 adults returned to the dinner table, glancing at the kids.

The father started as the kids quieted down, looking at him. " You remember when I told you that one day we were gonna have that big adventure?" He said to the kids.

Varian's eyes suddenly went dark as looked at the man.

" Well, today's the day." He said.

" YAYYYYY!" Y/n exclaimed happily.

The mother glanced at the young boy as he sat in his chair across from her. He seemed to be in a daze.

She gave him an almost apologetic look. His eyes flashed with sorrow as he glanced at her.

" Alright. Let's go." The father said as he stood.

He left the room as Y/n followed, leaving the mother and the little boy at the table.

He looked up at her fully, his once bright eyes now completely shattered.

" I'm sorry." The mother whispered.

.

.

.

The father loaded a rifle with bullets as a few spilled onto the floor, Y/n picking them up and handing them back to the man.

" I don't have my shoes." Her small voice told him.

" That's okay, you don't need your shoes." He answered with a smile.

" But I'm still hungry." She whined.

The man seemed on edge now as he strapped the rifle to his back.

" Yeah? Guess what, I got fruit roll-ups in the car." He still smiled as he tried to keep his fearful composure from scaring the girl.

The mother got her purse and loaded a pistol into it.

Varian grabbed his sneakers from outside and went to grab his sketchbook.

" No! NO! Leave it! Leave it! Go wait in the car!" The mother snapped as Varian quickly obeyed and ran outside.

Y/n hopped in as Varian strapped the girl's seatbelt.

The mother speedwalked in the garage, talking to the father in a low voice.

" You got it?"

He took out a small disc from his shirt. " The only one not on fire."

They quickly hopped in the car and drove down the neighborhood.

Y/n was now picking up on the lack of positive excitement from everyone. "...Where are we going?" She asked as she sat in her car seat. She looked out the window and saw all the other neighborhood kids still playing as the sun set.

...Her mother sighed.

" Home."

" Mama, you're silly. We just left home." She asked, confused.

A police siren wailed in the distance and made the father jump, but realized it was only a wreck up ahead.

A few minutes later they were on the highway as the sky turned completely dark, the stars shown in the night sky.

" I want my song." Y/n asked.

The father put in the tape and it started playing.

" Bye bye Miss American pie

Drove my chevy to the levee

But the levee was dry"

Y/n mumbled along to the lyrics as she played with a doll. Varian looked out the window his brows furrowed.

The car eventually arrived on a deserted farm, the car stopped abruptly in front of a small warehouse.

" Come on baby, hurry up." The mother whispered hurriedly as she helped Y/n out of the car.

Inside the warehouse was a small plane covered in a huge tarp. The mother quickly uncovered the plane and started loading the inside with supplies.

" Come on get in the plane, hurry. Varian come on!" She called out to him as she lifted Y/n's small body onto the plane.

Varian stood outside the car, clutching onto a long rectangular strand of pictures that he and Y/n had taken in a photobooth. His eyes were sad as he stared at the pictures.

" Varian!" The mother called.

He turned and ran into the warehouse, climbing into the plane. The mother started the plane as it rumbled to life.

" Why isn't daddy in the plane?" Y/n asked, a bit scared.

" He's coming sweetie, don't worry."

The man stood outside with his rifle with an alarmed look on his face, looking around the outside of the warehouse.

He suddenly picked up a giant tractor and flipped it over, and out of the way and motioned for the plane to come forward. The mother drove slowly as the plane went out of the warehouse.

Sirens suddenly wailed and a police car swerved into the lot.

The father cocked the rifle and shot a single shot into the car, making it crash. The sounds of more police vehicles were behind him, the man ran as the plane picked up speed on the road.

A man in one car fired a pistol at the father, he shot back with his rifle as he ran, trying to catch the plane.

" Mom?" Varian said with a worried and scared look as he heard the gunshots. He put an arm over Y/n's small body as her eyes were wide with fear.

2 shots went through Varian's window as he screamed and ducked, he quickly shielded Y/n with his body as she screamed.

The father suddenly jumped on the wing of the plane, still shooting at the cars as they chased the plane.

" MOM?" He said as the plane tipped to one side, the wheels squealing. The mother groaned as she tilted her head back, looking at Varian.

" I need you up here. Quick." She commanded. He got up and crawled to the front seat of the plane.

" Turn the wheel. Hurry." Varian obeyed and the plane tilted back where both wheels were on the ground.

" Mama, you have blood on you." Varian said as he grimaced, scared.

" I know, it's okay." She groaned.

Y/n looked out the window as tears went down her small face. " Daddy?" She said as she saw the man shooting his rifle at the cars.

Varian gasped as he saw a car down the road in the way of the plane.

The father started shooting at the cars ahead, trying to get them off the road.

The people in the car shot back, a few bullets hitting the front windshield of the plane, the 2 kids screamed.

" ITS OK! IT'S OK! VARIAN- HIT THE ACCELERATOR!" The mother directed as she held her arm to her chest.

Varian steadily did as she said and started pulling back the accelerator of the plane.

" Great. Now I need you to go to 55 knots! Count with me, okay?" She yelled as Varian stared at the headlights of the cars ahead with tears streaming down his frightened face.

" 45, 50, 51-" They counted as the father shot one of the car's tires. Making it veer off the road and tumble into another car, they both wrecked and tumbled toward the plane as it got closer.

" Pull back! COME ON I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT! VARIAN, PULL BACK!" The mother urged as she yelled. Varian's eyes were wide as he breathed heavily, he pulled back as much as his small arms would let him and the plane gently lifted up off the ground. It accelerated right over the 2 cars as it went high in the air.

The plane was silent as everyone breathed heavily, Y/n wiping her face of her mother's splashes of blood off. She cried silently.

Eventually, the plane reached over the ocean, and landed on a government base on an island.

A stretcher met the plane as the father carried the injured woman from the plane, placing her on the stretcher. Y/n and Varian both watched as a car pulled up next to them.

" Get up mommy." Y/n cried as her little voice cracked. " Pain only makes you stronger, remember?"

Varian only watched with tearful eyes, a million thoughts racing through his mind.

A man got out of the car, the father walked over as they two greeted eachother.

" The Red Guardian returns!" The man said in a thick russian accent.

" The Red Guardian returns triumphant." The father corrected with a smile.

" Please, no more of this undercover work. I want my suit back, i want back in the action..General Drekov- it's been over 3 years." He ranted, a russian accent suddenly entering his voice.

Varian looked at the mother as she laid on the stretcher, he cried as he spoke in Russian.

" прости меня, мама." ( Forgive me, Mom. )

" I'm scared." He whispered to the woman. 2 soldiers approached the stretcher.

She looked weakly at the 7 year old boy. " Never let them take your heart." She croaked.

" Did you get it Alexei?" The russian man questioned the "father". He chuckled as he pulled out the disc from his jacket.

" And the North Institute?"

" Ashes."

General Drekov nodded, approving. " How is Melina?" He asked, nodding to the woman on the stretcher.

" She'll be fine. She's strong."

The soldiers loaded the woman into a helicopter, Varian and Y/n watched with fearful eyes, since they didn't seem to be taking them with her.

" Mommy?" He asked. He looked around with wide eyes as they shut the helicopter doors.

" Mom?" He said a bit louder.

" DADDY!" Y/n screamed as she went to run to him, afraid of everything that was happening. A soldier grabbed her arm.

" I'll handle her." Alexei said lowly.

" GET AWAY FROM HER!" Varian screamed as he kicked the man's hand off her arm. Grabbing the man's gun as he pointed it at the solider. He stepped in front of the little girl, screaming and yelling.

" STAY AWAY FROM HER! STAY AWAY FROM HER!" He screamed as he waved the gun at the soldiers. Y/n cried as she clinged to her older brother.

" я буду стрелять!!!!!!!!" ( I will shoot ) He screamed as he pointed the gun at his so called father, and the other soldiers.

" DON'T. TOUCH HER!!" His blue eyes were poisonous as he held his little sister behind him.

Alexei took a few steps forward as Varian kept pointing the gun at the men around them with wide petrified eyes.

" I WILL KILL YOU ALL!!!" He continued to scream in Russian. He knew what these men wanted. They weren't getting her. He'd die first before they did, he decided.

" Varian." Alexei said in a normal voice. " You need to hand me that gun."

Varian glared at the man as his face scrunched in anger, tears staining his face.

" I don't wanna go back there." His face suddenly dropped a bit, he cried. " I wanna stay in Ohio." He begged as Alexei stepped closer, reaching for the gun.

" You can't take her." Varian begged as he held his sister tight in his arms. His voice broke as he spoke. " You can't."

" She's only 5." He cried. Y/n hid behind him as she hugged his side, burying her face in his shirt.

" And you were even younger." Alexei said. " Come here." He said as he kneeled down.

" You're gonna be all right." He said as he kissed Y/n's head and Varian's forehead.

" You know why?" He asked. " Because my kids are the toughest kids in the world." He exclaimed. " You're gonna take care of each other. Okay?"

Varian hugged Y/n as they both sniffled.

" You're all gonna be...just..fine." He said with slight guilt in his voice. He knew he was lying.

2 soldiers suddenly came up behind them and stuck a needle in Varian's and Y/n's neck, quickly injecting a sedative. Varian only had time to gasp before he passed out in a soldiers arms, Y/n following seconds after. They were carried away as General Drekov walked up to Alexei.

" That one...he has fire in him." He said as he watched the children be carried away.

" What was his name?"

Alexei sighed as he looked at Y/n's toy that she had left behind.

" Varian. Varian Romanoff."

The general sighed as he gave a sadistic smile. " Ah...Varian.."

That night, Y/n's life as a child ended. From that day on, she was a soldier. A number.

An assassin.

.

.

.

A/N: Above is a HELLA GOOD EDIT of the intro scene of Smells Like Teen Spirit. I think that intro scene is my favorite of any Marvel movie. It was a complete masterpiece. It's so sad how Natasha and Yelena grew up...Yeahhhhh that was heavy af to write imma try and write something fluffy now- hA~ UH HOW DO YOU WRITE FLUFF-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 44 14
¡Irregular updates! ¡¡I TAKE REQUESTS LIKE SAID ON TITLE SO GO CRAZY!! I will write down the ideas I get for a one shot and who knows I may even cre...
34.4K 609 37
Just some Varian x Female Reader one shots, that's all! I hope you all enjoy ☺️ Tangled the Series does not belong to me!
9K 94 20
"I trusted you" i say quitely Hugo looked at the ground "Im-" but before he could get a word out i grabbed the shard from around my neck, Hugo looks...
134K 4.2K 72
"𝑾𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆." Everyone knew of Rapunzel. The golden-hair...