Double Trouble

Від FinLuGrafie

Read at your own risk. Unrealistic actions! --- Blood makes relatives, loyalty makes family. A triplet in th... Більше

Autor's Note
Table of contents
Charakters 1
Charakters 2
Prolog 1,a
Prolog 1,b
Prolog 1,c
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Charter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62

Chapter 63

284 18 8
Від FinLuGrafie

Third person

The atmosphere in the household was tense ever since everyone's path divided. Of course, this didn't go unnoticed by the former mafia dons as well as the other brothers and cousins, but the first to notice was the head of the DeLuca family - grandfather Alfonso. They spent the day at one of their office and met up with some of the other mafia heads. Planning the upcoming mafia ball. It's always a big deal when every single mafia is on one spot together - but this year even more since the long lost and most powerful princess is not only going to attend but also going to introduce herself. Everyone longs to finally get to meet her. Some just out of curiosity, some out of psychotic reasons. And causes of this, the evening had to be fully out planned. Hell, this family couldn't stand another kidnapping - the former don is more than aware of that fact and gathered all of his sons together to outsmart every possible dangerous situation. Including definitely the fact that also the most powerful and mystery mafia will make a first entrance too. Not something which Alfonso welcomes so much after no one seems to know anything about them - except that a woman stands behind everything.

A young one. He thinks to himself. He may be retired for a long time and his two grandsons are the dons now, but he sure as hell is still the one who is questioned by problems. Knowing this, Alfonso naturally couldn't stop himself from getting to meet the person behind such a powerful organization by himself. The longer he thinks about it, the more the woman reminds him of his previous little granddaughter. Independent, fiery, mentally strong. And then there's this attitude. They surely will get along just fine, he decides.

It was shortly before 7 PM as the seven of them have entered the unnormal quiet house and were met with a desperate looking Alessandro, who seemed to be in an heated argument with Ernesto. "You only did what was necessary, Sandro! Georgio's behavior had to have consequences!"

"Lio and Lia were freaking terrified! OF ME! T-This fear in their eyes- I- it hurt Nesto!" This was the moment for the parents to jump in. When Alessandro is so desperate, something has to have happened. It ended with them narrating the past hours into the slightest detail - may or may not with the help of a rational Riccardo. That they weren't amused from Neliana's panic attack as well as Aljio's would be an understatement, but even more they were disappointed in Georgio for acting the way, he did. The first lesson, every DeLuca learnt, was that family comes always first. As long as family holds together, there's hope. And Georgio just broke Aljio's one over again.

Nevertheless, Stefano was proud at his eldest son for managing the situation like a true leader - even if Alessandro can't share this opinion by himself. Stefano will surely have a talk with Georgio after dinner. Reasons is what he's looking for, because judging by the look on Georgio's face and the broken arm, he's already regretting it.

Back in presence, you could say that they were only partly happy as bickering sounds came from the staircase. They wanted a peaceful dinner. No fighting, no drama, just calmness. Little did they know that this time ended with the twins' return.

It'll never be boring with them around. Causing trouble here and there, and everywhere. This being said, they both managed to rise everyone's mood up within a minute. Their stupid fighting over such a simple thing like a bet, is exactly what the older men needed - a reminder of normality. And love which spread through everyone's heart as soon as they heard Neliana's quiet laugh.

After they calmed down a bit again, dinner was served and everyone began eating. Today's menu is normal pasta with different kinds of sauces. Everyone eats silently and included in different conversations till Alessandro clears his throats. "So, we took a look at you school files-"

Neliono's fork suddenly hits his teller and Neliana chokes on her apple juice. School. Ah yes, a special topic for them - but sure as hell not their favorit. Almost simultaneously, they clear their throats in hope to not look that suspicious. What can I say? It's not working that well since now the whole attention lingers on them. Neliana tries to get any words out of her mouth. Any explanation. But fast must realize that it's useless to try since the only noises, which really come out, are giggles.

Alessandro raises an eyebrow. "Firstly, I am very impressed. Straight As. 100% on every test in each subject. But you know what I find even more interesting? How you both-" He points at the both kids, sitting on their chairs and trying hard to hold their composure. "-reached last year such a score with nearly 5000 hours school absences?!"

"Five thousand?!" Niccolo shouts in disbelief. "Damn, that's definitely new record. I knew my lil siblings would be cool."

He sends them a proud glance but they both are in what seems like a heated argument. "Jeg trodde du sa at du hadde slettet dem fra filene våre?!" (I thought you said, you've deleted them out of our files?!)

"Jesus, jeg glemte det ok? Skolen var ikke det eneste, jeg måtte ta meg av, dude." (Jesus, I forgot it okay? School wasn't the only thing, I had to take care of, dude.) Neliana replies defensively. Before it could get out of hand again, Stefano - their father - jumps in. "Nothing you should be proud of, Nicco."

"Oh c'mon. They have a fucking-"
"Language." Ernesto interrupts.
"-score of 100% with 5000 school absences! "

"That's pretty extraordinary, man!" Emilio adds as excited as Niccolo.

"Maybe we should try it too, dude."

"Oh don't even think about it!" Eduardo suddenly speaks up, knowing very well that they wouldn't hesitate a second to do so. "Nobody is skipping school in this household, understand? This counts for you, Niccolo and Emilio, but also for you, Neliono and Neliana. So mind telling me why you were so often absent last year? And why there aren't files till grade 6?"

It's like this triggers something by the twins. All of sudden, every happy emotion disappears from their faces and is replaced with hurt before they fastly cover it up with their usual coldness. Speaking about the last four years is one thing. Speaking about the seven years before, another. Way more complex and challenging.
Their sudden change of behavior, of course, didn't go unnoticed by the present persons. But they know better than to press.

"W-We had other things to do." Like dealing with our brothers dead and an unprepared pregnancy. Neliono thinks to himself. " A-And since we've already known everything, decided to just come in when a test is written."

Ernesto as well as everybody else nod. "But that doesn't explain the missing files."

Such a short statement with such a big meaning for the Nes. It's a reminder of their past. That nothing was ever normal for them and probably never will be. There'll always be something, reminding them that they lost everything. It's like Sir still has a hold over them. Even if he's under the ground - and that already for three years.

They exchange a glance which holds so many unseen emotions. Help. Neliana averts her gaze towards her lap fast again while Neliono takes over the speaking but his gaze is also not on any of the people at the table. "I- We-" He has to clear his throat, scared of what would came out otherwise. "We were in Russia before. I-If you really want to see them, we can pick them out." No, we couldn't. Is what they really wanted it say.

All the documents, all the weapons, all the reminders of their time back there, are safely and carefully locked up in one of their safe houses in Norway. Nobody else than themself knows where it's located - not even Far Oskar and Far Lys. And they are the only ones to know something about their past at all.

"That would be grea-" Ernesto starts, but is interrupt by grandfather Alfonso, who usually stays out of others businesses. However, since he seems to be the only one to notice their silent please - their sudden nervous appearances - he couldn't just stay silent and watch his youngest grandchildren panicking.

"Not necessary." His word counts. Even though everyone else was really excited in learning about their life in Russia and the files would've been a good start. Now, they know about them having been in Russia till the age of 10. That's something. Another piece of the puzzle. Whether the Russia mafia had them in their captivity or not, is still unsolved. However, the last days with the twins showed them that pressure is doing no good in finding out more informations. If they want to know something, they will have to let Neliana and Neliono come to them on their own. Just the situation a few minutes ago showed that they are indeed opening up. A few days ago nobody had ever thought to see anything else on their faces than coldness. And here they were now. Bickering each other, pulling jokes and even giggle a bit. That's more the way they want them to be.

Alfonso gives Alessandro a look, telling him to go on. "Lia, Lio, you will start school on Monday in a week and attend to the same private Highschool where Niccolo and Emilio are already seniors. I don't care about grades as long as it's visible that you make an effort. But I do care about your fighting rate to lower."

"Did you start the fights?" Grandfather Alfonso suddenly asks.

"Wha- No, of course not. I'm not fighting without a reason." Neliana replies irritated.

"Same here." Her brother adds.

"Won them?"

They both give different answers which describes their characters pretty well. Neliana is more the chilling and outgoing type of person if she's comfortable with you, while Neliono is the rational one. Doing and saying everything only after a long time of thinking intensely about it. Some would call it overthinking. Others just carefulness.
"I hope that's not a real question." Neliana's expression holds nothing but strength as she sends an exhausted glance at Alfonso. Neliono, in contrary, chooses an unsarcastic reply.  Nonetheless, it represents his experience in this topic. "Don't start a fight if you can't win it."

What they both not know is how much proudness floods through each DeLuca in that moment. Only a true DeLuca would choose such an answer.

"Haven't expected anything less." Alfonso states and takes a sip of his wine, eyeing them carefully. Secretly, he just wanted to see whether, especially Neliono, already has some fighting skills - which he seems to have. Much to Alfonso's liking. This way his training's path for the mafia won't be too much badly influenced by the kidnapping. Normally, every boy of his family starts training at the age of four to be fully prepared to step into the whole business at the age of 18 if they want to. But since Neliono wasn't there at this age, Alfonso has to write a new plan for him to cover the last 11 missed years - not for Neliana. After the protocol girls have no duty of mafia training. She's a princess after all and has enough men in her cycle to do the dirty work, after her grandfather's opinion.

"So you have experience with fighting?" The question comes from uncle Eduardo and is directed towards Neliono.

"A bit." The said one lied.
"Li's better though." However, that was not a lie.

The white and black wolf. The undefeated underground fighters' duo. And furthermore, also known as Neliana Mercury and Neliono Nercurio. So yes, they can fight. And not only a bit. They are the most feared and popular underground fighters - even if they only fight occasionally now since none of them enjoyed it that much. Especially, Neliono had never been the biggest fan of fighting when it's not necessary. He likes the background position more. This also leads Neliana to be the better one of them in hand to hand combats.

"That's my girl! Such a badass." Grandmother Micaela comments, making her sons as well as grandsons look at her in shock. "What? Jealous of women power? Shouldn't have been born with a cock then."

"Mother!" They all gape at her while the Nes stay silent with their emotionless faces on. The reminder of their past was like a joy killer for them. Flashbacks from back then as well as the memories of today's events come rushing down on them and they get reminded with whom they're sitting at the table.

Their family.

The one who couldn't find them.
The one who causes Neliana already two panic attacks in mir even a week.
The one who isn't afraid of getting physically with each other.
The one who betrayed them.

They can't trust anyone - especially not them. Letting them even in only for a bit, was already too much. Nevertheless, Neliana can't seem to feel any hate for the woman who is biological their grandmother. She can carry nothing else than respect for her. Living with that many men - well internally boys - for so many years is torture and nerve breaking. Despite it, this woman is at the age of 73 a definition of beauty and power. Definitely something Neliana looks up to.

"Now we know from whom Lia got the attitude." Eduardo mumbles.Micaela seems to have heard it anyway. "Only the best genres for my favorite grandchild."

"Hey! I thought you said, I was your favorite?!" Niccolo whines from across the table after shoving another spin of noodles in his mouth.

"Shut it, Piangi tesoro. (cry baby) Nobody is reaching the level of these sweet beans here." She walks energetically over to Neliana and Neliono, completely ignoring the broken Niccolo, and swings one arm over each of them. "So tell me, nipoti preferiti, what do you like to do in your free time? I heard you already found our music room?"

Suddenly, their heads pick up and their gazes are no longer fixed on the laps. Finally, a topic the Nes quite enjoy talking about. Grandmother Micaela celebrates internally at her victory.

"So nice room, really! The design is amazing- okay, well maybe u could've saved a bit more space with a sorta different arrangement of-"

"You're rambling, Nic." Neliana hums at her brother's craziness about architecture and design.

"Oh uhm- sorry. However, what I wanted to say is, whoever designed it did a great job, Miceala." The one mentioned would lie if hearing her first name, doesn't heart. But she knows how difficult for them it is to adapt. With time, they will call her grandma, she's sure of that.

"I hope it's okay if we use it?" Neliana adds meekly.

"Of course, il Tesoro! I'm glad it finally found its user after all of these idiots are mystically on the level of a 3 years old." Grandmother Micaela rolls her eyes while the other persons decide they would've had enough and turn back to their former conversation, leaving the Nes, grandmother Micaela and aunt Giovanna alone at the topic.

"So what's your music direction?" Giovanna leans forward in her seat.

"We actually enjoy doing a lot different music types. But mostly pop." Neliana shrugs.

"If you ever need audience, I'm more than happy to listen." Giovanna suggests with a proud shark in her eyes, not knowing that the Nes have met than enough audience and even set up a new world record while doing so. She raises her glass wine towards Micaela, who immediately adds. "Definitely not without me."

The time is flying by as the four talk about everything in context with music. Riccardo and Angolo glance here and there from the side towards Neliana and Neliono, happy to seeing them bond with somebody out of their own family. They both also notice how much more comfortable the Nes are with talking to women in contrary to men. The tension in their bodies looses up almost instantly as grandma took over the conversation and helped them out of the firing line which was created by the too eager mafia members. Sometimes they can't help and fall even in the familiar circle in their business - interrogation mode. Speaking of them, Alessandro speaks up one more time.

"Lia, Lio, I want you both early in bed today because you will have to take an entry test for school tomorrow. I suggest you study for it now. If you need help, come find us down here."

"What're the subjects?" Neliono asks dismissively, not caring about school at all. They already have multiple degrees - Neliana in medicine and law while Neliono in architecture and online marketing - and just repeat the skipped over classes to cover their private life up. An entry test won't be a problem at all - especially because the ones from American Highschools are normally really difficult. Note the sarcasm.

"You'll be tested in English, mathematics, science, social studies and one foreign language. Depending on the reached score, you'll attend the fitted levels. " Neliana and Neliono exchange a look. They wrote the final exams of an American high school at the age of 8. The Russians made sure of that.

"Not necessary to study then." Neliana states finally.

"Alright." Alessandro sighs and runs a hand over his face. He just can't make sense out of them. "Your decision. One of us will take you there tomorrow, understand?"

"Verbal answers." They just are stare blankly back at him with one eyebrow lifted. "Please." Alessandro adds after some time.

Neliono and Neliana smirk internally. So much about education.

"Yeah." They say nonetheless.
"Not like we'd have a choice in it anyway." Li mutters, but her focus is already on the Rubik's cube in her lap.

"Neliana." Alessandro's voice holds a warning.

"What? Wait, you want me to lie?!"

"No, that's not what I've mea-"

Neliana completely ignores Alessandro and lays a playful shocked hand on her chest as she relies again sarcastically. "Alessandro, didn't know you had such a criminal side in you!"

Chuckles fill up the room - mostly from the younger ones but even a few of the cold hearted men have to prevent a chuckle to come through. Of course, except of Alessandro, who looks rather not amused.

"But don't worry. We are all here to help finding your inner killjoy again." Neliono adds matching his sister's tone. Finally, even their grandfather can't prevent a small tucking up from his lips. The twins bump their fists together in victory, before standing up, putting their dishes in the kitchen and walking upstairs to their rooms.

Time to get a bit color in Neliono's hair.

3126 words

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

Loved And Hated Від Little Writer

Підліткова література

3.1M 70.2K 46
"We want you home Sorella" Mason said to me. "I couldn't give two shits what you want." I said back. He looked pissed. I could feel someone coming...
Resilience Від Swati

Підліткова література

4.6M 133K 88
[COMPLETED] "Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient." ― Steve Maraboli She has experienced more pain in her 15...
3M 80.5K 50
Sloan. 17 years old. Billionaire. Mafia Queen. At the age of 2 Sloan was kidnapped from her family by her father's second in command and taken to S...
The Lost Mafia Princess Від bibliophile_nehal

Підліткова література

1.2M 28.1K 61
Evelyn Smith is a 15 year old girl who lives with her parents. She has been abused all her life by her parents, but still tries to find the good in b...