Sneaking Around (Nate Maloley)

By hale_swaleee

Vanessa and Nate meet at one of his club gigs and end up having feelings for each other. After Nate comes ov... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
SEQUEL!!!

Chapter 14

4.3K 100 6
By hale_swaleee

It's been two weeks since Andrea was admitted into the hospital.  That day after I left the hospital and sat in Kyle's car, Nate came to talk to me even though I told him a number of times to go away and that I didn't want to talk.

"I'm not leaving you alone like this.  I care too much about you to see you hurting inside.  I'm not leaving."

That's what Nate said to me to get me to sigh and open the door.  

My dad still believes Sammy and I are dating, and even though we're not I've gotten pretty close with him, thanks to the car rides we have a lot from my house to his and back.  I heard a knock on my window and was snapped out of my thoughts.  I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I pulled back the curtain and saw Nate sitting on the roof.  I giggled and opened the window and let him in.

"How the hell did you even get up there?" I laughed as I went to lock my door. 

"I climbed the tree" He shrugged, walking over to me and pressing a kiss to my lips.

"You're crazy, what if my dad hears you in here?" I asked walking back to my bed and laying down, Nate laying with me as he rested his head on my stomach and looked up at me.

"Let him hear" He shrugged as I started to run my hands through his hair "I'm tired of hiding us, I want to be able to come over whenever and hang out, I want to be able to come to bonfires and hang out with you and Sammy" He said and I pouted.

"But we both know that if I tell my dad we're dating, he'll flip his shit and won't let me anywhere near you or Sammy's place" I sighed and he nodded.  He ran his hands over his face and groaned.

"Yeah I know and I hate it" He said.  

"So is there any special reason you came?" I asked after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

"I can't come and see my girlfriend?" He chuckled and I smiled.

"No you can, I was just wondering" I said and he nodded.

"And plus we can't hang out tonight because you're going to be at the fire you guys are having tonight" Nate sighed.

"You could come" I shrugged and he chuckled.

"And get kicked out by your dad? Yeah that's a great idea" He rolled his eyes and I pouted.

"Well I mean technically you're friends with Tommy and Kyle too" I said and he shrugged.

"Yeah but you still would have to act like you're dating Sammy and I would rather not watch that all night.  Even though I know it means nothing I'll get jealous" He said and I smiled.  "And anyways I'm hanging out with GIlinsky and a few of our other friends, Swift, Mike, and Justin" He said and I nodded.

"I've never met Gilinsky right?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah he was at the club when we met" He said and I nodded.

"Oh yeah! He's the one with the nice eyebrows right?" I asked and Nate laughed.

"Yeah I guess, I mean I don't normally tell people that when I describe him so.." He chuckled and I laughed.

"But I've never met the others" I said and he nodded.

"You will at some point, they're Sam's friends too so don't be surprised if they're at the house sometimes" He said and I nodded.  

"Vanessa! Come down for dinner!" My dad yelled.

"Okay!" I yelled back and then looked down at Nate and pouted.  He sat up and brought his lips to mine in a deep kiss.

"Vanessa!" My dad yelled again.  I pulled away and walked Nate to the window.

"Yeah I'm coming!" I yelled back as I kissed Nate one last time, and then shut my window.  I walked out of my room and almost ran into my dad.  

"What were you doing?" He asked as I followed him down the stairs.

"Is a girl not aloud to use the bathroom around here?" I asked as we walked into the dining room.  I took my seat across from Tommy and next to Kyle.

"No you're not" Kyle said sarcastically and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Shut up" I said grabbing some food and piling it on my plate.

"Someone's hungry" Tommy chuckled and I glared at him.

"I will kick you" I warned, glaring at him.  He turned in his seat so I couldn't reach his feet and I smirked at him.

"Oh the joys of a sister" He said sarcastically.  Kyle reached across the table for a fist bump and I rolled my eyes at the two.

"You guys love me and you know it" I said starting to eat.  "So Kyle do you have anyone coming over for the fire tonight?" I asked nudging his shoulder.  He chuckled and shook his head as he finished chewing.

"Nope, well I mean I have my buddies coming over but I know you're talking about a girl and no" He said and I frowned.

"You really need a girlfriend, you just need to relax if you know what I mean" I winked at him and he chuckled.

"Vanessa" My dad said and I shrugged.

"What it's true!" I laughed and my dad glared at me.

"It's fine Van" Kyle said leaning over and whispering in my ear.  I nodded and looked down at my food, pushing it around my plate with my fork.  I sat quietly for the rest of dinner since apparently whenever I talk I'm going to get yelled at.  I helped Cindy clean up the table when we were all done.

"Thank you" She smiled at me.  She came over and wrapped her arms around me in a hug.  "Don't listen to your dad" She rolled her eyes as I pulled away and I laughed.

"I don't normally" I said and she smiled.

"I know" She smiled and I raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean you know?" I asked and she smirked.

"I saw that Nate boy climbing the tree earlier" She came over and whispered in my ear.  I bit my lip to hold back my smile.  "Don't worry, it's our little secret, he will never find out" She said.

"Thank you so much" I sighed, wrapping my arms around her in a hug.  "He's actually the only one in the house that doesn't know" I laughed.

"I don't blame you" She said and I laughed.  

"I'm going to change into comfier and warmer clothes for this fire" I said bouncing out of the kitchen.  I stopped and opened the door since someone rang the door bell.  Sammy smiled when I opened the door.  "Hey" I smiled, wrapping my arms around him in a hug. 

"You got to the door very fast" He chuckled as he walked in.

"I was going to change" I said and he nodded.  "Tommy's out back with Kyle" I said and he nodded.  He walked towards the kitchen as I made my way back up to my room.  I decided to text Nate quickly to tell him that Cindy saw him climbing the tree and she won't tell my dad, but he needs to be more careful next time.  I set my phone down and grabbed a pair of Nate's sweats that I stole and a long sleeve crop top.  Yeah it's kind of stupid, but I'll be warm with the sweats and the long sleeves, and if I need to cover my stomach I'll get a blanket or a jacket, but it's not that cold.

I grabbed my phone and put it in the pocket of the sweatpants and slipped on my flip flops and went back downstairs and out the back door.

"So you go and change into warmer clothes, yet you're still not covered all the way" Kyle laughed as he saw me.  I sat down next to Sammy since my dad was out here talking with them.

"I'll keep her warm" Sammy said, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me to his side.  "And she looks cute so be quiet" Sammy laughed as I smiled up at him.  

Since Sammy and I got closer, it's easier to pretend we're dating since we know each other now and it's not as awkward as it was in the beginning when we were just strangers.  I do feel a little weird about it because Sammy has become like a brother but no one knows that except him and Nate. 

"So who's all coming tonight?" I asked, wrapping my arm around Sammy's waist and throwing my legs over top of his.

"Sure get comfy" He laughed, resting the arm that wasn't around my waist over my legs.

"Andrew's coming and one of my other friends David" Tommy said.

"And I have like three guys coming that you wouldn't know" Kyle laughed.

"Oh good, I'm the only girl, and have no one" I sighed.

"Hey!" Sammy yelled.

"Oh yeah, sorry I have you" I laughed looking up at him. He stuck his tongue out at me as I did the same.

"You guys act like you're five" Tommy laughed.

"Shut up" I said and he put his hands up in surrender as Kyle and Sammy laughed.

"I've never seen you guys do anything more than hold hands" My dad pointed out and I looked up at Sammy and widened my eyes before looking back at my dad.

"We just don't like to show public displays of affection" Sammy shrugged and I nodded in agreement.

"I don't think it's a big deal" dad shrugged and I took a deep breath.

"I mind!" Kyle spoke up.

"I don't mind" Tommy smirked.  I glared at him as Sammy flipped him off without my dad noticing.  I know why Tommy is doing this and it's because I've been sassy and apparently 'rude' to him these past few days.

"Well Kyle minds and his opinion means more to me than yours" I said tilting my head slightly as I looked at Tommy.

"Damn" Sammy laughed.

"I find it really weird and awkward that my dad is kind of wanting to see Sammy and I kiss" I said, twisting my face in disgust.

"I'm not saying I want to see it, I'm just saying I haven't seen anything more" My dad shrugged standing up.  "Well I'm going inside" He said and we all nodded.

"I thought we were going to have to kiss" I sighed, turning back around once I made sure my dad was inside.

"You guys haven't kissed?" Tommy asked and I narrowed my eyes at him in annoyance.

"Why would we? We're not really dating" I said and Tommy shrugged.

"But like I figured you would have at least once just in case you have to" He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Nope" I said shaking my head.  "Oh hey Kyle be the best and take a picture of me and Sammy please" I said getting up and handing him my phone.  I held my hand up and pulled Sammy up to stand, wrapping my arms around his waist as he slung his arm over my shoulder.  Kyle took the picture and I smiled at it, and then posted it on instagram because I liked it.  I put the caption Missing my babe and then I tagged Nate and Sammy.  I instantly got a text from Nate and I smiled.

From: Babe

I've been wondering where those damn pants went!

To: Babe

Sorry I stole them :p

From: Babe

You look better in them anyways 

"Well we obviously know who she's texting" Kyle chuckled.  I locked my phone and slipped it back in the pocket and grabbed one of the pillows we have on the outdoor couches around the fire and threw it at Kyle.  He caught it and stuck his tongue out at me.  "At least you tried" He smiled and I rolled my eyes as I chuckled.

"I've told you this like ten times already today but shut up" I laughed and he shrugged.

"I don't think I will" He smirked at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 683 51
This is a Nate/ Skate Maloley fan fic! I'm not gonna give away too much so you're just gonna have to read it aha, hope you like it! Btw this was poor...
31.7K 975 27
Natalia Jones is Westside’s number one most sought after girl. She has it all, beauty, brains and money. From an onlookers perspective, she appears t...
44.3K 661 39
Blaire Wilk, sister of Sammy wilk, loves Sammy when he's not bothering her. There was always one kid that would have her heart. Nate Maloley. This k...
84.3K 1.5K 34
lexi is attending her last day at school as a senior and before college she gets her mom to agree to let her tour the world w/ her friends. the city...