A witch in a world of wizards

By LilyLunaetic

What would happen if you were reborn as a witch? Lilith knew she was reborn yet she can't remember her past l... More

Prologue
I] Bound Arlyn and the sorcerers
II] unexpected guest
III] A visit from sorcerer
IV] the talent of summoning magic
V] the clans and the necklace
VI] Fun Neb Aula
Side story- Lilith's habit
VII] a not so peaceful day
VIII] Going Home
Side story- Tarot cards
X] The missing memory
Side story- sirrah and the witch
XI] nothing fun to see
XII] a little bit of affection
XIII] banquet
XIV] celebration gone wrong
XV] who is she?
XVI] I'll do anything for him.
XVII] a proper rest.

IX] Days off

26 2 0
By LilyLunaetic

Lalala—♪Li-lalala—♪

a beautiful voice singing a tune. Almost sounds like a whisper... Then noises started to mix into melody... ...

Lalala—creaaak, grreek... SKRIEEKKKKK

Lilith feels so suffocated in her dream, she tried to scream and—

"...!!!" she was breathing heavily, trying to calm herself down. "What... Was that dream..?" Lilith whispered to herself, she looks outside and it's still night. 

She should go back to sleep...  ... Lilith sighed to herself and slowly get up from her bed, not wanting to wake her cat up. Lilith grabbed a candle holder and light up one. She decided to get some snacks, she hopes Crux won't prank her-

Lilith was being very careful with her step, not trying to make any sounds. She arrived at the cafeteria and found no students, maybe no one wants to get late night snacks because of Crux shenanigans. 

Lilith took a few snacks with her and call it a night. She walks past the training hall, there's the karmago already trained. She hurriedly tried to leave until a student saw her. 

"Hey, aren't you Summoner?" Asked the Student as she grabbed Lilith by her shoulder. "Hmm..."

"...No I am just a regular student... ..." Said Lilith as she avoid her gaze. 

"You are Summoner." she laughed. "Come with me, Summoner. Since you're here, show us your talent."

"Eh—? But I am wearing my night gown and it's still too early-" Lilith frowns. 

"Oh silly girl, it's only 4 in the morning." She smiles as she pulled Lilith in the training room. "My name is Bellatrix, the third sorceress of Orion. By the way, you can call me Trixie." she introduced herself. 

"Oh...-" Lilith smiles. "Just call me Summoner." Said Lilith as she knows if she introduced her name, no one will call her by her name because of her title. 

As Lilith was dragged into the training room. She was greeted by the other karmagos and... Vega. 

Lilith have not talk to Vega yet since that day. It have been a month and it wasn't easy to avoid him... Okay it's easy because he's also avoiding her. 

"Alright Summoner, show us your talent." Bellatrix smiles at her, she took a rapier and draw it at Lilith. "Block my attacks." 

"Huh—?!" Lilith immediately summons her shield when Bellatrix tried to attack her. 

Her heart was beating fast, that was quick. Karmago are truly something-

"Hah! So this is the shield? It's a lot stronger than my images..." Laughed Bellatrix, her rapier shows a sign on crack. "This gets me excited... Hey, Vega you don't mind if I use your little girlfriend?"

"What-" Vega got flustered by Bellatrix assuming Lilith to be his girl.

"Oh no, no! We're not a couple-" Lilith smiles nervously. "Also, can I go now? I need to get ready for class-?" 

"Silly girl, we're not even done yet. Come on, put up a fight!" Bellatrix immediately grabbed Lilith hand, not letting her leave.

The other karmagos already closed the door, they don't want Lilith to leave too. Lilith sighed at her situation, asking Vega for help would be useless. He don't even look at her. 

"I don't fight." Lilith sighed, she have to put the end of this.

Bellatrix smile dropped as Lilith claimed that. "Seriously? So how did go on your mission hmm? Don't tell me you hide behind those guide ass."

Vega noticed the air getting heavy, "Sorcerer Bellatrix, Summoner is different from us. She may not know how to fight but she gives a good teamwork."

"you don't get to talk, Vega. I know you're just defending your little girlfriend. Ugh, I ignored the fact this girl literally have the guide committee members under her feet but I didn't expect for her to use them as a shield." 

"... Fine. You want to fight? Let's fight." Lilith glares at her. 

"Summoner-" Vega tried to stop Lilith only to be glared at too.

He silently backed away, while Bellatrix stepped further. She grabbed another rapier and draw it towards Lilith. 

As Bellatrix charged at her, Lilith dodged her attack and jumped on her. Bellatrix didn't realize Lilith took her weapons already until she heard a loud gasp from one of the karmagos.

"Done." Lilith dropped the rapiers from her hands and step away from Bellatrix. "is that good enough? Can I go?" she asked. 

"Hah—! That's is incredible. I'm not done yet, fight me again-!" Bellatrix immediately get up from her knees. 

"That's enough." Vega interrupted then grabbed Lilith hand. "She's tired." He then pulled Lilith over and brought her out from the training room. 

"Come on, don't be greedy! Share your girlfriend with me!" Bellatrix groaned but she didn't chase after them. "Ugh, ways to ruin my fun...  Guess I'll fight with the dummy again."

When Lilith finally out from the training room, she pulled her hand away from Vega. Frowning at him. Vega was silent, he fiddle with his earring as he calming down. 

"... Are you alright, Summoner?" Asked Vega. 

"... ... Yes." she sighed. "I'll be going now."

"Wait." Vega stopped Lilith. "I...- you...- uhm..." Vega couldn't find the right words to say, Lilith look at him wondering what he wanted to say. "... Do you want to go on a mission with me today?"

"Mission...? Can I? Spica said I shouldn't get out from the Contell without him-" she claimed. 

"Don't worry, Spica said if you're with me. You can go out." Lied Vega. 

Lilith eye sparks as she believes in Vega, she was smiling until she remembers she still not in a good term with Vega.-

"O-oh if you said so. I'll be preparing, I'll meet you at the gate." said Lilith, she then hurriedly went back to her dorm. 

Now Vega and Lilith is on a train. This is Lilith's first time seeing a train and she is amazed by it. 

"Don't stick out your head, Summoner." Advised Vega. 

"But it's so fun! Look I got a stick stuck on my hair!" She chuckles. 

Vega sighed and closed the window then made Lilith sit on her seat.

"You can sight seeing later... And..." He took out the stick from her hair. "Use something else to decorate your hair."

"Hmmp, alright alright." She smiles. "This is so fun hehe, I am wearing a pants! A girl wearing a pants-! This is new!!!" 

"Hmm, well Summoner. Since this is not mid eartheim, women are equal to men, they have rights to learn." Said Vega. "and... Well witches don't exist here, you may be a witch but now you're here, you're just Summoner." 

"Oh... I guess that explains why the others doesn't know what witch mean-" She nervously laughed. "Still, it's nice to live here. I don't have to hide anymore and I can dress however I want."

"Yeah it truly does..." Vega smiles faintly. 

Lilith glanced at Vega before sitting next to him. She is now okay with Vega. He's still someone from where she used to live. 

"Summoner...?" Vega flinched when Lilith suddenly sat next to him. 

Lilith smiles and pat his shoulder. "You said it's going to be a long journey right? Let me use you as a pillow." 

Vega didn't get to answer her request as Lilith already lay her hand on Vega's lap. She closed her eyes, meanwhile Vega is nervous as heck. 

He sighed and stroke her brown hair, it's soft and smells like apple... He guessed Spica was the one who bought the shampoo for her. After a little while, he slowly falling to sleep.. ..

"Hey... Are you okay?" Asked the little girl. 

Vega vaguely remember this memory again. He can't believe he dreamed of this again. As the little girl help him, he found himself being small again. He is all injured and bruised... 

He remembers this, he was a son of a traitor. His parents was executed and he was waiting to be executed until a certain little girl found him in the dungeon then took him out from there. 

"Please... Tell me what's your name. I need to know." 

"Hmm? My name is—"

The scene changed, it didn't work. The two of them currently hiding in the forest, she helps Vega escaped. That's when they entered the cave, where the two of them fell into the rift. 

Vega dreamed a sheep comforting him because his friend are terribly injured. 

He remembers Arcturus, the sorcerer that now a friend of his. Arcturus found the two children and healed them. She wanted to go home but Vega doesn't. 

She have a mother waiting for her but Vega has no one. When Arcturus helps them get home, he said not to look back. She didn't but Vega did. 

Vega let go of her hand and look back. He found himself in the sorcerers world once again. He never missed mid eartheim, in fact he was very happy to stay here...  ... Yet he has one regret. 

He should've keep his friend with him. He knows she sufferings too, he knows her mother died long ago but he didn't tell her anything. He lied to her and cause a trouble to her now. The guiltiness killing him, now he can't remember the girl face nor name.

Vega flinched as he felt someone wiping his cheeks, he woke up and realized it was Lilith who wiping his tears. 

He was crying because of the dream again. 

"Vega, are you alright? You were crying in your sleep..-" Lilith worriedly check on Vega. 

"... ... ." Vega watches Lilith being worried over him, he acted like a jerk yet she's still kind to him. "I.. I had a nightmare...  .... It's quite childish of me, I know—"

"Hey, hey... Who said that. Come on, nightmares are terrible, I understand. It's okay to let out your sadness sometimes..." Lilith gentle wipe his tears once again. 

"... You're too kind, Summoner. You forgives people too easily... How?" Asked Vega. 

"... I never say I forgive them." she replied as she let go of her hand. 

"What...?" Vega was surprised by her answer. 

"it's pretty personal...  ... Honestly I just don't find anything worth on hating someone but I also don't need to forgive them you know." she slightly smiles. "I wasn't really mad at you at first place. I understand, you just wanted to keep me safe... By kicking me out-" she faked a cough. "Still you have a good intentions, right?"

"... Summoner... ..." he sighed then pulled her into a hug. "ask me anything, I'll do the right thing for you this time."

Lilith was surprised when Vega suddenly hug her but it's not a bad feeling. She smiles and hug him back. 

"I... I want you to call me by my name. I honestly feels uncomfortable when people call me Summoner, as if they only know me by that title..." She slightly frowned and chuckled to hide her sadness. "Vega... ....Say my name, won't you?"

Vega smiles gently as he brush her hair, "Lilith, is that okay?"

"Yeah... I like it." she smiled.

At least they finally get along. It was a fun week for Vega and Lilith. The mission was finished smoothly and both went back to the Contell Academy. 

Turn out Spica never allow Lilith to leave and Vega kind of kidnapped her for a week. She still didn't know anything. 

Meanwhile with the other guide committee members amused by Vega unexpected choice. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150 10 8
What if the pages of history lied to you? What if magic was real, and you just never knew? In old London, a group of non-human individuals try and ma...
469K 25.4K 166
Featured at Wattpad's Editor Picks list. Luna, an overworked Engineer, had an unfortunate end. Her spirit, feeling wronged, fights Death for a second...
878K 31.3K 54
Someone once asked me: if I were to be reborn one time what would I want to be? I answered, "General" Because I like it when girls are tough and yes...
104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...