The 0th Corps Commander Becam...

By PopeOfDeonism

While resting in his room at the Demon Kings castle Deon passes out and regains memories of a certain red hai... More

Chapter 1 - Cale? It's Deon now!
Chapter 2 - Rest properly
Chapter 3 - Corps Commander Meeting
Chapter 4 - Fire of Destruction
Chapter 5 - Zeroth Corps Commander
Chapter 6 - A human?
Chapter 7 - Hero V.S. Villain
Chapter 9 - Deon's dress up day
Chapter 10 - Banquet after Banquet
Chapter 11 - I am home
Chapter 12 - Butterfly fiasco
Chapter 13 - Neutrality of Death
Chapter 14 - Quelling down a burning
Chapter 15 - Obsession after obsession
Chapter 16 - Cruel is very cruel
Chapter 17 - Daunting Memories
Chapter 18 - Oracles Revelation
Chapter 19 - An Unexpected Predicament
Chapter 20 - Blurry Destiny
Chapter 21 - Operation: Actors of Acting
Chapter 22 - Demon Arut's return
Chapter 23 - A slight change in the persona
Chapter 24 - A child?
Side Chapter: An older brother's perspective
Chapter 25 - All To Which Will Happen Eventually
Chapter 26 - You Lonely Child
Chapter 27 - Little Red Riding Hood, Don't die
Chapter 28 - Emergency
Chapter 29 - Friendly Threat
Chapter 30 - A Changed Outcome
Chapter 31 - Me or Him?
Chapter 32 - Family Bonding
Chapter 33 - Disturbances
Chapter 34 - Unforseen action
Chapter 35 - Power of Death!
Chapter 36 - The Coming of a War Against a Disaster
Chapter 37 - Changing Fate
Chapter 38 - A Better Life
Chapter 39 - Healing
Chapter 40 - Magic Regeneration?
Chapter 41 - Hyung-nim!
Chapter 42 - The Ending
Chapter 43 - Sneaky Child
Chapter 44 - A Wild Day Out
Chapter 45 - Blood Samples
Chapter 46 - Negotiation Gone Wrong
Chapter 47 - Threatening Negotiation
Chapter 48 - Collecting World Errors!
Chapter 49 - Improvement

Chapter 8 - Confrontation

2.2K 140 48
By PopeOfDeonism

Previously...

Cruel stared at Deon with conflicted feelings. This man reminded him of his brother however his brother did not act like that at all. His brother is weak and was born with an illness, this man acts like he has infinite lives.

***

"I was going to kill you in one shot."

"R-really now? Cough-"

Deon replied nonchalantly ignoring his current condition. He wondered if he revealed that he was Deon would Cruel go easy on him or would he immediately kill him due to him being a traitor in his eyes?

"...I'd really love to fight right now since things got interesting but... I'm getting a little bored though.. It'd be nice to fight with you but I don't have as much time anymore."

Deon needed to find the 'abilities' that the God of Death said he'd send over to him as well as find out more about the Duke Illistor and his plans.

"...Why are you attacking us?"

Cruel needed to know the reason behind the sudden attack from the demon troops led by the Zeorth Corps Commander. There has to be a reason to invade and then retreat. There's no way anyone would do all of that and just retreat right off the bat.

"Because I wanted to see what this hero was about? I was just curious."

"..."

"I have some feedback for you though, take it as a grain of salt or not. It's up to you. But I gotta go soon!"

"..Spit it out..."

Cruel wasn't sure why but he felt like the Zeroth Corps Commander held no animosity against him or the Empire. It was like he did not care what was going on between the two realms.

"...How do I put this? Don't save him, he can't nor does he want to be saved. No, it's more like... saving him would be useless if you know who I'm talking about."

"You-"

How did the Zeroth Corps Commander know about his brother? What happened to his brother? What did he mean by 'don't save him he doesn't want it'?

Of course Deon sincerely meant everything he had said. He doesn't need saving or protection from family members if they're going to sacrifice themselves for him, he would never allow such an outcome to happen.

Even if it meant he'd have to die in their stead, it was much better than them dying for him.

"Okay I gotta go now, that's it for today!"

Deon quickly walked away from Cruel, leaving a bitter taste in Cruel's mouth. Although Cruel had no idea why he felt so bitter after hearing those words come out from the Zeroth Corps Commander he stood there silently as he watched the demon troops retreat.

"..We will retreat as well..."

Cruel walked back to his troops as they retreated to their base as well. Since they both achieved what they originally wanted it should be fine right? But he still couldn't shake off the bitter feeling from the words of the white haired commander even after they had retreated to their base.

'What a waste to back down like this. This would be the perfect opportunity to push forward with the enemy troops demoralized from the amount of death tolls on their side. However there is always a reason behind Sir Arut's decisions.'

Jaykar stood there watching Deon walk back to them slightly disappointed. But it wasn't that much of a loss either.

Well it should be fine since the demon troops aren't dissatisfied with the results either. They were able to protect their land even if they lost a bit of the Human Realms land.

"Good work."

"..."

"This damn recoil of mine..."

"...!"

"Sir Arut?!"

Jaykar quickly caught the unconscious Deon and was finally able to grasp the condition of the white haired man.

'He's burning up?! How was he fighting in such a state? Now it makes sense as to why he retreated so quickly after just landing a few blows onto the hero.'

Jaykar could feel Deon's body temperature burning up. Usually fighting in this condition would be lethal but somehow Deon was able to fight under such circumstances.

'No wonder why he is highly respected. Even I would not be able to fight constantly in this condition.'

"You must be his Vice Commander and doctor?"

Jaykar noticed how two men came up to him, most likely for Arut since he wasn't as injured or in a state like him.

"That's right Sir Jaykar. I am Ed and this is Ben, Sir Arut's doctor."

"I see, then please."

"Of course Sir Jaykar."

"Please leave everything else to me 'Demon Arut'."

Deon might've cried if he knew what everyone was thinking of but he was unconscious so he had no idea what was going on.

***

"God of Death, what is it now?"

"Deon, you have to become my saint right now."

"What?! No way, I will never become your saint-"

"It's regarding your ex-family. They're trying to resurrect you."

"...What?"

Deon stared at the God of Death, his face morphing into shock. Was locking him up not enough now they had to resurrect him?

"That's right, if you become my saint in this world that I am surveiling your soul would be tied down here and mostly anywhere I go."

Deon contemplated for a moment. Part of him doesn't want to become a God's saint and part of him wants to stay away from his past.

Although Deon didn't really like the God of Death since he did not do much to help, that same God who always clung around him was the one who helped him get away from his terrible fate.

"Haah... They are also bombarding my temples too. It's become a little annoying now."

"They're attacking your temples now?" Jeez what a crazy bunch of people.

"Yes, they are demanding me where you went and what I did to your soul and to bring you back to life now. So what will be your choice? Here or your ex-family?"

"...Fine, I'll become your saint."

"Great! May death always guide you through your journey."

The God of Death placed his palm onto Deon's chest and pushing him down. A black symbol started forming onto Deon's top chest.

"This is my stigmata, all beings who follow or are made by me will immediately recognize it. It would be best to not let that stigmata to be revealed in front of my followers in this world however my divine helpers and beasts will automatically know, no worries though they aren't crazy like my followers."

"Please do not die my child."

The God of Death said as Deon returned back to reality.

***

"Haah..."

Deon woke up and immediately sprung up from his seat. It seemed that they were near the Demon King's Castle now. They should be a day early now since the war quickly ended. Will the Demon King get mad at him for retreating? Well if he does expell him for that then by all means please do.

"He said that I now have his stigmata and I shouldn't let anyone see it... I wonder what it looks like."

Deon closed the curtains and quickly pulled down his shirt, ignoring the buttons and latches he needed to take off first.

"It's... more better than I thought..."

The symbol was two black lines slightly curved down looking sort of like a round rhombus and there was a small dot in the middle of the two lines. It was simple yet also looked good.

"Sir Arut, we are back!"

"Just a moment-"

Deon quickly fixed his shirt to cover up the stigmata before opening the carriage door.

"Oh Arut, you're back earlier than I thought. Well welcome back."

"I heard more information from Jaykar, you went crazy there too huh? You never let me down Arut. So tell me, how was your meeting with the new hero?"

"...I need information on the God of Death."

"God of Death?"

"Yes, I need it now."

"There is some in the library, you can go there to check sometime soon. I'll also send you information on the new hero from the Second Corps commander, Devilania."

"Thank you, your majesty." Good god, not her.

Showing a slight displeasure on his face, the Demon King started to laugh.

"Pfft- Judging by the look on your face you don't like that Second Corps Commander at all huh? But don't worry she should be busy, just watch out she might be slacking off and will eventually find you."

Controlling his laughing, the Demon King put his arm over Deon's shoulder and pulled Deon into a side hug.

This shocked some if not most demons who were at the scene as the Demon King was someone who did not engage in physical touches at all and rarely did it, the most he'd do was a hand on a shoulder other than that no contact at all.

"You should get some rest. Tomorrow I'll talk to you Arut."

The Demon King then walked away ignoring all of the shocked gazes from the workers in the palace and Deon himself.

'What the fuck just happened? Did THE Demon King just rest his arm on my shoulder and hug me???'

But that's not important! He needs more information on the God of Death in this world. Although the God of Death is seen as a benevolent and divine being the same might not go for here at all.

But before that... He should really get changed.

Now changing into a white buttoned up shirt and black pants with his uniform over his shoulders acting as a jacket as he once wore like Cale Henituse.

Deon was now officially heading to the library.

***

"Finally I am here..."

Deon didn't know whether he should be happy he had finally found the library or should he be horrified over the amount of turns and loops he had to do in order to get here.

Walking through the doors, Deon made sure not to raise too much attention and decided to quickly head over to whatever section that had information about the God of Death.

'Empire Analysis Reports... And that strange book with the Demon King's name on it, Caver... But these are all books he already has seen..'

Oh?

That was when Deon stumbled upon a book with the author as "Heartfelt Death". This was definitely the divine domain of the God of Death materialized as a book so he should take that.

"But... there's still no books on the God of Death."

Deon cursed under his breath. Why is it so difficult to find information about that bastard here and he's not gonna go around asking people about it too, definitely not he'd rather wander around until he finds it than ask someone in the library for help.

A few minutes had passed and to no surprise, Deon still hadn't found the books he needed yet.

'I might as well head in deeper into the library...'

Walking deeper into the library without anyone else noticing, Deon waltzed his way into the section labeled as 'Saint Analysis Reports'. This book has to have information on what a saint for the God of Death do at least. But he really needed information on the God of Death more, however this would do as well.

Flipping through the pages at a rapid rate, Deon closed the book just a few seconds later he had started reading other books on saints and their abilities.

'So, the Saint of Death can summon a weapon given to them by the divine and usually, it comes with their stigmata. They also have the ability to control some demonic monsters however the limit is a low to medium high monsters. Adding on to the fact that the Saint of Death could heal and make a Vow of Death with their divine powers...'

Holy shit... He's pretty overpowered now, isn't he? These abilities make him sound like a main character. Well... he is one now.. It made him want to sigh, life was so much better as a villain.

Deon sprung up from the floor and began looking for more books with any information on the Gods worshipped in this world.

But Deon couldn't find a single one so far to no avail. Laying in the pile of books he took out Deon began to feel drowsy.

Of course naturally doing practically nothing but flip through pages of Gods tired Deon out, mentally at least. Too lazy to go back to his room Deon decided to just sleep in the pile of mess he created and draped his 'coat' over himself before falling asleep.

***

"Your Majesty!"

Ririnell gleefully greeted the Demon King who was searching for Deon but had not found him anywhere in the palace so far. Usually something always happen with that commander of his.

"Second Corps Commander, what brings you here to me today hmm?"

"Has Your Majesty seen Sir Arut today? I couldn't find him yesterday and today as well..."

"Ah if that's the case, why don't we go and search for him as well?"

"Ririnell would love to!"

'...I might get a heart attack soon.'

The poor Vice Commander of the Eleventh Corps watched as the Demon King and the pink haired commander wander off to find the Zeroth Corps Commander. Everyone even the Demon King seemed to be obsessed over the white haired man, it almost made him feel pity for the poor human who had a flock of Corps Commanders and the Demon King always around him.

"Where do you think Sir Arut might be Your Majesty?"

"Hmm... either the garden, the training grounds, his room, or... the library."

But... so far they have checked every one of those places and no Arut was in any of those spots. Which left them with one last choice, the library.

"Shall we head over there?"

"Yes Your Majesty!"

***

Walking through the library felt sort of odd for Ririnell. She usually doesn't go here a lot and tends to guard the seals outside of the Demon King's castle nor was she that much of a bookworm.

However she never took Sir Arut to be the type to read books either, so far the Sir Arut she's seen was a more serious, stoic, and violent person. Just the type of person she looked up to!

"...G-greetings Your Majesty and Dame Ririnell!"

"Relax, have you seen Arut here?"

"Sir Arut...? I don't think anyone has seen him here?"

"Really? What a shame... did he sneak in here then? How could he be no where in this palace?"

The servant bowed nervously while listening to the Demon King's conversation with the Eleventh Corps Commander.

Did the Zeroth Corps Commander really come in here without their knowledge?! How could they have not noticed?

"It's so silent in here could Sir Arut really be in here? I don't see him here, or here, or here either, oh?-"

"Did you perhaps find something?"

"I found Sir Arut Your Majesty!"

Ririnell pointed at a sleeping figure, lying around a stack of books. The Demon King and Ririnell looked at the sleeping Arut. They both noticed that he looked peaceful and serene in his sleep unlike when he was awake he'd have the usual stoic and on guard expression. He looked more innocent when sleeping then he was awake.

'Sir Arut really did come here?!'

The servant was even more confused with a mixture of shock. When and how did Sir Arut come here? What was going on, how come there are so many prominent figures in this library?!

"Oh... He's asleep. I guess he was sleeping in here since yesterday then."

"Should we make him up?"

"Well... I think there is no need for that."

Ririnell turned back to see Deon stretching his arms out before rubbing his eyes and sitting up from the comfortable yet uncomfortable position.

"....Am I dreaming?"

"No you aren't Arut."

"..."

"So you were here all along! How did nobody find you, even Ed and Ben were concerned since they couldn't find you for your daily checkup you know?"

"I must've fell asleep while reading information about the Saints of Gods and their abilities." I can't really tell them I was actually looking at what abilities I had as a Saint of Death.

"Ah I just wanted to tell you that we were gonna have a banquet tomorrow, I already told the rest of the Corps Commanders but I have yet to tell you yet."

"A banquet...?"

"That's right Sir Arut! His Majesty decided to host a banquet to celebrate our success in driving the Empire forces away!"

Ririnell excitedly explained the news of the banquet to Deon. However Deon was in turmoil as this banquet hadn't ever happened before when he returned back from the frontlines, so how come there is one now?

"I-I see... I will get ready for tomorrow then.."

"Then I have some important matters to attend now so I have to go."

"Yes, goodbye Your Majesty.."

"See you soon Your Majesty!"

Deon and Ririnell bid farewell to the Demon King before he left the library.

***

I needed to change things up so yeah there's a banquet now. you might have to deal with it, or not.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 942 56
If you are special, it's only natural that you'll get the gods' attention at some point of your life. That was what happened to Kim Rok Soo. At some...
70.6K 4K 29
After getting rid of white star and having a wounded body, our dear commander gets sent to another universe to 'rest' by God of Death'. "Yeah, I don'...
5.6K 170 4
After becoming Cale Henituse Kim rok soo finds himself in a room with the characters he wishes to avoid. Can he achieve his dream slacker life or wil...
17.8K 1.3K 27
Cale was similar to himself-Kim Rok Soo-in an assortment of things, but his reactions were not of someone who had given in. No, they were of someone...