Chasing my lovely wife.

By JinxCoffin

Caleb immediately slapped an envelope on Neli's face when she entered the villa. She looked at him and saw he... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.

Chapter 45.

2.1K 86 4
By JinxCoffin

Hazel tried to calm herself, but she failed. She could feel her whole body trembling, she also couldn't think properly because of the fear she felt at that moment.

She couldn't believe that Paula would betray her.

She saw the policeman take out handcuffs which made her pale, she immediately stepped back in fear when she saw the policeman was about to approach her.

"You have the right to remain silent and look for your lawyer." the policeman said.

Is this the end of her, will she lose everything she worked hard for? But she still hasn't gotten everything she wants and she hasn't gotten Caleb yet.

It's not over yet.

She won't let it all end there, she still have Caleb's child. Right, she's pregnant with Caleb's child so they can't do anything to harm her.

"No, w-wait... you can't put me in jail because I'm pregnant with the future heir of the Valdez family." she said nervously then went to the table and took a microphone from there. "S-see what this woman can do, she's using the Valdez family's influence to manipulate the police. They even accused me of things I didn't do, now tell me if this woman doesn't hate me. She can do everything, she even wants to ruin my reputation because she was jealous that I am pregnant with Caleb."

She can easily turn the table around if she wants to, but her heart stopped beating slightly when she saw that the reporters and her fans didn't seem to believe her anymore.

"Stop lying Hazel." she heard Neli.

She felt annoyed when she saw her face was calmed like everything was happening according to her plan.

"How dare you say I'm lying, I never lie to anyone--."

"Hazel are you crazy, you are pregnant!"

She stiffened as if cold water had been poured on her when she suddenly heard Christian's angry voice somewhere.

"Relax Christian, I'm not pregnant."

She got goosebumps when she heard her own voice, her eyes widened when she realized that was when she and Christian talking at the bar. But why do they have a recording of the conversation between the two of them, did he also betray her like her assistant?

"STOP, STOP IT!!" she was enraged. "I NEVER SAID THAT!"

"You lied, why did you announce that you were pregnant when you were not?"

No matter how hard she asked to make it stop, the recording kept playing.

"No one knows what really happened that night except for the two of us, Caleb didn't know anything because he was unconscious and was drugged. Now that I had announced that I'm pregnant, Mrs. Carmen can't do anything but to welcome me to their family."

"MAKE IT STOP! STOP IT!"

She furiously kicked the speakers that were on the stage, but her voice could still be heard throughout the hall.

"I don't know, perhaps she had an idea that I am the one who planned the assassination of that old woman and her that's why she did that, that's why I have to kill her before she could even say something to Caleb."

"I SAID MAKE IT--."

Hazel stopped raging when she suddenly felt something hard hit her forehead and saw a bottle of mineral water fall onto the floor, but not even one of her bodyguards came to help nor protect her.

"YOU ARE FUCKING BITCH!"

"A MURDERER!"

"YOU DESERVE TO GO IN JAIL!"

-----

The bodyguards immediately protected Neli and Paula when the reporters and fans started throwing bottles toward Hazel, she couldn't even feel pity on her while she was on her knees trying to avoid what people were throwing at her. After all, that was not enough to pay for what she had done, especially to her. But she's not like Hazel to do the same things she did, Hazel life imprisonment is enough for her to make their lives peaceful.

"Diego, please tell the police officers to arrest her." she said to one of her bodyguards.

Christian gave the Valdez family's bodyguards to Hazel thinking that they would protect her but the truth is that they are there so that she couldn't escape. She's also grateful that Paula agreed to conspire with her to let Marco and the father and daughter, Raymond and Rhea, come inside the conference hall. According to her, she also wants Hazel to go in jail because she can no longer understand what she's doing anymore, she knows Hazel's plans for the Valdez family but she couldn't do anything because she was afraid for her own life. So when she talked to her, she got the courage to help her to put Hazel into jail, she said that was the only way she knew how to help her boss to change.

She saw that the police stopped the people from throwing something to Hazel and then they picked her up, she breathed a sigh of relief when she saw that a policeman had handcuffed her and quietly went with them. Perhaps Hazel still couldn't believe that the people she trusted would betray her, she also couldn't blame her assistant and Christian because she were doing too much. She's no longer afraid to break the law and dirtied her hand, as long as she could get what she wants.

She knows Hazel is a cunning and a greedy woman, she's neither willing to lose anything nor willing to let go. So before she could even think of a plan, she has to submit all the evidence that she has so that she can no longer appeal to the court and be convicted for all her crimes that she committed.

"Ma'am Neli can we ask some questions?" a reporter suddenly asked.

Diego immediately stood in front of her, but she tapped his arm to let her face the reporters.

"Sure, you can ask anything." she answered.

She has nothing to hide so she is not afraid to face the reporters, nor does she have any reason to lie to them.

"Hazel said your marriage to Mr. Caleb was an arranged marriage, is that true?"

"And is it true that you divorced three years ago?"

She laughed, at least Hazel didn't lie about that.

"Yes, Caleb's grandmother arranged our marriage..." she answers with a smile. "...and yes, we were supposed to be divorced three years ago but Caleb didn't file our divorce so we were still married until now."

"How Old Madam and Mr. Caleb now?"

"They are still recovering and need to take a lot of rest."

After she finished answering all the reporters questioned, she immediately said goodbye to them. She also ordered her bodyguard, Diego, to tell his men to protect Marco and the father and daughter, Raymond and Rhea.

Hazel has no moral compunction, she will do anything without conscience or guilt that's why she was worried about them.

"Thank you Ma'am Neli." Rhea told her happily when she found out about her plan to protect them. "Even though my father did something bad to you, you still choose to be kind to us."

She suddenly remembers what her husband said to her back then.

"Being kind because I want to help you and being kind because we will use you are two different things, my dear." she said with a serious face.

She saw Rhea was stunned, she wants her to think that she can be as scary as Hazel if she wants to, but she knows she failed to scare her when she suddenly laughs and holds her hand.

"Whatever your reason Ma'am Neli, you still choose to be kind to us." she said and smiled softly at her. "Thank you."

She couldn't stop herself from smiling, she knew that threatening someone was not the answer to gaining their trust.

After she talked to the three and made sure that there was a bodyguard that would watch over them until Hazel's case was over, she immediately returned to the hospital.

She saw that her husband was sleeping, she approached him and kiss his forehead, but before she could even move her lips away from him, she felt his arms wrapped around her waist. She immediately leaned her hands on the bed so she wouldn't fall on his body because of the way he suddenly hugged her.

"How is it?" he asked then kissed her lips.

She laid down beside him and hugged him on his stomach, she made sure that her arm would not touch his chest where his wounds are.

"Everything went well." she smiles at him.

"I'm so sorry that I couldn't even help you."

She caressed his cheek when she saw the sadness in his eyes, she kissed him to make him at ease.

"Hazel did those things because of me , so I must end it." she answered. "All you have to do now is to rest so you can recover quickly."

"Still, I'm so sorry."

"Shhh." she smiled and stood up. "Did you eat?"

"Nope, I'm waiting for you."

"Ahem."

She turned around when she heard someone's coughing, only then did she remember that they were in the room with Grandma and Grandpa, who at that moment were busy watching the two of them.

"Honey." Grandma hit Grandpa on his shoulder. "Can't you read the mood?"

"Nope." Grandpa said then kissed Grandma's forehead. "They are still young to show lovey-dovey in front of me."

They both laugh because of what Grandpa said.

She helps Caleb to sit on his bed and prepare their food, even though he can eat alone, she still prefers to feed him. She's filled with joy whenever she see her husband eating happily like a child, perhaps that's what Ryuchen feels as well when he's feeding her back then.

Now that she knows that Hazel is in jail, she can finally relax, they can now start a peaceful and happy life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

763K 27.2K 138
"Tell me, what was I doing to your body last night?" He gingerly kneaded his finger around her core and a moan left her lips, he was torturing her. S...
61.6K 3.6K 70
There is nothing like first love but then there is nothing like true love also. A love that stands there for you even in the worst times, that is wha...
4.6M 107K 31
THIS IS ONE OF MY FIRST BOOKS ON WATTPAD. "Get out", he shouted at me "get out now and never come back" I wiped at the tears that were streaming dow...
80.7K 6.1K 71
He fell in love with the girl he had a one-night stand with. When her true nature revealed, he hated himself for loving her and decided never to see...