A witch in a world of wizards

By LilyLunaetic

What would happen if you were reborn as a witch? Lilith knew she was reborn yet she can't remember her past l... More

Prologue
I] Bound Arlyn and the sorcerers
II] unexpected guest
III] A visit from sorcerer
IV] the talent of summoning magic
V] the clans and the necklace
VI] Fun Neb Aula
Side story- Lilith's habit
VIII] Going Home
IX] Days off
Side story- Tarot cards
X] The missing memory
Side story- sirrah and the witch
XI] nothing fun to see
XII] a little bit of affection
XIII] banquet
XIV] celebration gone wrong
XV] who is she?
XVI] I'll do anything for him.
XVII] a proper rest.

VII] a not so peaceful day

11 2 0
By LilyLunaetic

It have been a few weeks since Lilith stayed in Neb Aula. Everyone are busy so she don't want to bother them... She also discovered a lot of thing about this world and the fact Arcturus is a sadistic person... 

*Flashbacks*

"Psst, Lilith. Did you know Arcturus can get rid of your clothes using magic for instance. He did this to other sorcerers sometimes-" Whispered Pollux. 

Lilith choked on her coffee while staring at Pollux in disbelief. 

"Yeah...  ... Sparring the underwear is his way to show mercy... It beats being knocked out, but it's still really painful." Said Pollux. "He's kind of sadistic."

"Yeah I noticed that....-" Lilith nervously laughs. "I saw what he did to other students when they're arguing... ..." 

*end of flashback*

Yeah... She don't like the idea of Arcturus can do that. She just hope she don't have to witness it-

Anyway... She's currently on the corner of the library. Hiding from everyone, thankfully no one visit the library today so she can relax. Lilith decided to learn some history about this world, she has been curious since the day she got in the Contell. 

She did this because the first time she explored the academy, she found a broken shield hanging on the walls. She feels she saw that somewhere yet she just too shy to ask Arcturus or Spica about it. 

Lilith turn another page of the history book, meanwhile Hael yawned and fell asleep on top of the books.

"Hmm... Disaster..?" She murmured as she read the page. 

"What are you reading, Summoner?" Sirius out of nowhere suddenly appeared next to her.

She was about to scream, thankfully Sirius place his hand on her mouth. 

"Shhh, we're in the library." he grins. "So what are you reading?" he noticed it was the history book. "Oh, are you learning? Did Spica asked you to read this or..."

"I actually want to read this. I saw a broken shield hanging at the end of the halls. I was... A bit curious about the history behind it." she answered him. 

"Hmm... Well how about I tell you but in exchange you have to do me a favor." 

"What kind of favor..?" she wondered. 

"oh nothing much, there's an upcoming party. I want you to be my partner dance." claimed Sirius. "We don't have to dance really, just be next to me because I have so many crazy sorcerers wanting to dance with me." 

"Oh... Poor you-. Alright sure, I can do that." she smiles. "so what's the story behind the shield?"

Sirius smirks and pulls Lilith closer, "well sit still and relax, this will be a long story.. " 

The Contell academy used to be a Disaster Response HQ. Then someone came to renovate the place and changed it to an academy. 

The shield used to belong to a Great Sorcerer. Unfortunately, now it's just a broken piece of memorabilia but the academy hang it there as a symbol of peace and protection. 

As Lilith listening to Sirius, a sudden overwhelming aura joins the room. Sirius and Hael disappears from Lilith sight as a voice appears. 

The Tower fell as the Prophet of Rust awoke and sang, painting for the land bloody disaster. We call this the first disaster.

So many sorcerers died fighting that day and the other constellations had to choose as many as new ones.

Time passes... ... And now a rumor about Great sorcerer Schedar prophecy. A prophecy about the second disaster.

Lilith feels herself being shakes, she opened her eyes and everything went back to normal. 

"Seriously Summoner... You sure love to make people panicked." Sirius sighed. "I didn't expect for you to doze off while I was—" Sirius was caught off from his guard when Lilith suddenly hug him. "S-Summoner..??"

"Let's... Just stay like this for a moment.." She whispered, not letting Sirius go. 

"... Alright sure. I am just saying we should change the position, I know you're not that comfortable sitting like that. How about you sit on my lap, hmm?" Sirius teased her. 

Little did Sirius know, Lilith seriously don't understand jokes- Lilith changed her position and did actually sit on his lap- 

"... Seriously you're driving me crazy..-" Sirius sighed as he facepalm. "Lilith don't you realized how dangerous this situation is?"

"Hugging someone is dangerous?" she was dumbfound. 

"hah... You really still the same...-" Sirius had a sad expression. He pulls Lilith closer to his chest and rest his head on her shoulder. "I can't do this... ..."

"... ..." Lilith doesn't know what is Sirius problem but she wish she could help. She gently pat his back then hummed a lullaby.

It was a beautiful yet nostalgic lullaby. 

"You know, Vega warned me to stay away from you but you are very nice to me." She smiles. "Even Hael like your company, I think-?"

"Hah that little...." He eyes turn into baby blue as a sweat dropped from his check. "I should go." Said Sirius as he move Lilith.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She tug on Sirius sleeve. "I thought we were getting along-"

"Oh dear Summoner, you're still all naive... Vega was right, you have to stay away from me." he grins and grabbed Lilith by her cheeks. "you have to know, I can do all sorts of bad things to you that you can't image..."

"... ..." Lilith took Sirius hand and hold it as she smiles, "but I doubt you are capable on killing me, right?" 

"Oh, how are you so sure about that?" his eyes turn dark red as he pulled away his hand, 

"I just got the feeling you don't really want to hurt me. Beside, aren't I your dancing partner? You wouldn't want your partner to get hurt, right?" she claimed. 

"... ..." there was nothing coming from Sirius. "Study well, Summoner." and left her alone in library. 

Lilith watched Sirius leave. He always leave and she always watched him leave, another Deja Vu... She sighed and clean up the books. Lilith carry Hael as he is still napping. 

She is planning to go out from the academy anyway. Samuel and Crux promised to take her to the shops for new dresses and books. She will be starting her official first day in class from tomorrow. 

She didn't tell the other guide members and only Spica knew about it. She is planning to surprise them in the classroom tomorrow. 

Just as she walks out from the library, she spots all the guide members except for Alpheratz are gathering in the hall. She wonders why. She was about to greet them until she heard Vega say... 

"As the first sorcerer of Lyra and a member of guide committee, I demand the transfer of Lilith Valentine, Summoner from Mid Eartheim to be cancelled."

That caught Lilith off from her guard. She quickly hide behind the pillar, avoiding getting spot by the sorcerers.

She's a bit confused why Vega suddenly demanded that. She thought he likes her company, anxiety running down her spine, she decided to eavesdropping their conversation. 

"Vega got a point. Isn't the transfer just formality anyway." Add Pollux. 

"The point of all of this was to protect Lilith. There's nowhere else Lilith can stay at the Boundary outside of Contell. Lilith might have to sleep on the streets. You don't want that to happen, right Vega?" Arcturus sighed as he look at Vega. 

Lilith appreciate Arcturus concern. To be truth, she really like living in the Contell. It's much better than her old home yet... If they really considering on kicking her out, they should at least tell her not to get used to this place. 

"I...  ...." Vega didn't think much what will happen to Lilith if she got kick out.

Spica sighs, "Lilith studied all day and night just to fit in here, Vega. She didn't cause any problems with anyone and stay neutral in any fights."

Lilith was surprised when Spica acknowledge her efforts trying to fit it. She feels a bit better knowing he actually pay attention... 

"But she's still...  ... Sure her efforts is always admirable. Sometimes all the effort she put will be thrown away. She can't just get what she want." claimed Vega. 

'... It's not like I asked for this anyway...-' Lilith thought to herself. 'I didn't know he hates me this much...-' she sighed. 

"If she were here right now, I will not hesitate to tell her the brutal truths. All of you didn't do anything when she was mistreated by the students because of the rumours." Said Vega. "I am doing her a favor by canceling her transfer."

"I knew it. You doubt she wouldn't get used to this place, surrounded by cocky sorcerers." laughed Sirius. "but I must say, Sorcerer Vega are right. She has been suffering quite lately. I heard from a friend, someone spiked her food..."

"What?!" Arcturus gasped. "I-I have no idea... She didn't say anything and you guys too...- Just what else happened lately?"

"Sorcerer Arcturus, here's another thing before I get to full detail. She technically a transfer student and already got mistreated. Image what they'll do if they found out we just handed Lilith a certificate... ... Their giant egos already wouldn't stand the sight of Lilith whenever she's next to us. The thought of it already giving me headaches..." 

"... ... Then what should we do?" Asked Pollux. "Don't tell me we have to send her back to the mid eartheim—"

The guides committee was surprised when they heard a hiccup. They turn around and finally noticed Lilith was behind the pillar all this time. She is crying.

Lilith is upset because some of the members knew she was mistreated and sad because they didn't do anything.

"Summoner—"

"... ..." Lilith turn around and ran away from them. She just need times to calm down. 

Meanwhile with the sorcerers, they were panicking and try to look for Lilith. Vega feels very guilty, same with Pollux.

"I shouldn't mentioned sending her back... She's probably mad at me-" 

"No, Pollux..." Arcturus pat his friend shoulder. "Calm down, it's just a misunderstanding. She probably just stressed... and..." Arcturus then glanced at Vega. "Never mind, let's get going."

Meanwhile with Alpheratz, he just woke up from his nap because of the rain. He was about to get inside the campus until he saw the sight of Lilith running while crying. 

"Goddammit... Who the hell made her cry this time...-" Alpheratz groaned and then began to chased after Lilith.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 13.2K 128
(COMPLETED) What would you do if you were reincarnated as a vampire, after being murdered by someone in a dark alley? What if you find out that your...
469K 25.4K 166
Featured at Wattpad's Editor Picks list. Luna, an overworked Engineer, had an unfortunate end. Her spirit, feeling wronged, fights Death for a second...
75 1 18
Luna knows when she wakes up something isn't right. Despite not remembering anything from her last day alive, she knows she's supposed to be dead; Th...
538 9 15
She's a shadow, Never really experienced life outside her small personal space. What happens when a shadow enters the light? She finds out that the w...