Tesoro

De lovinraura_

A man in power. A woman that craves it. - Success Laura Marano was certain she was destined to reach it, onc... Mais

Chapter 0 -
01 | Change
02 | Mr. Lynch
03 | Pretentious Prick
04 | New Strategy
05 | Fire And Ice
06 | Wicked Game
07 | The Cutie
08 | Earn It
09 | Trust
10 | Office Gossip
11 | Phone Number
12 | Questions
13 | Stolen Cigarette
14 | Cut The Tension
15 | Guilty
16 | Lollipop
17 | Wife
18 | Flirt
19 | Gift
20 | Counting
21 | Bloody Lips
22 | Cold Shoulder
23 | A Lynch
24 | Gloves
25 | The Welcoming
26 | Kiss, Don't Tell
27 | In A Different Way
28 | A Mean One
29 | Clothes Off
30 | Ice Skin
31 | I'm Not Nice
32 | The Breakdown
33 | Louie's Disaster
34 | Exposed Secrets
35 | Aftermath
36 | Between us
37 | Mystery Girl
38 | Hawk
39 | Apart of me
40 | Trouble
41 | My World
42 | Sour Thoughts
43 | Lost In Love
44 | Locket
45 | Stained
46 | Nightmare Of A Dream
47 | His Smile
48 | My Love Or My Life
49 | I Need You
50 | Epilogue
New Announcement

51 | Epilogue

499 41 59
De lovinraura_

"This case covered the gang forces based in New York specifically, that had been an issue for a long time, causing distress for normal citizens. Some of the activities these gangs were noted to part-take in included robbery, drug and firearms trafficking, prostitution and human trafficking, fraud, and many more illegal activities." he described.

Speechless and frozen, I sat there. Did this..relate to..

"Planning to execute such a mission not only took long because of minor details, but also we struggled to find a competent agent that would be willing to take on this large, dangerous case. We went through options, thought they weren't many, as not many would be willing to sacrifice their lives to save others."

"No fear of death, yet a will to succumbe it. This was, our very own- widely respected, Agent Ross Lynch."

My hands flew to my mouth as the crowd started clapping. A crowd of guards and several respected agents separated to let Ross walk up the stage, followed by two guards on each side. It almost seemed like water would split in two just to let this man walk.

Expressionless, yet polished, he stood there in straight posture - hands clasped together in the front, as I noticed now the honorary badges on his suit.. among them, the blinding shiny badge of the FBI.

Stunned, I could only look up at him. I felt my mom and my friends trying to get my attention to either ask questions or together talk about how insane this all was, but I was frozen.

My brain started putting things together. Little hints I never thought anything of at the time.. like the badge and identification he showed at the corporate  costume party, where he'd been 'dressed' as, well..  his true identity.

He'd told me who he was from the first weeks of knowing me, and I had not a clue.

But maybe the fact that he'd been leader of the Red Circle Association, yet never really part of the group of crime, could give me a hint? Maybe the fact that he never avoided the hospital in critical conditions, or got questioned by police for his reasons of being there. Maybe his wealth, the fact that he hated being part of crime, his connections and authority over guards, maybe the VHF Radio in his drawer, maybe the fact that after it was all done.. he still held a secret, that he hadn't come clean about.

My head was practically spinning, searching for answers in the past, and as he stood there, his eyes lowered to mine on the front row.

His face expression changed only for a slight second, as he gave me a hint of a smile, before looking up again. An interaction you'd never notice, unless you knew who it was for.

He was never part of the crime. He was never a part of the killings, drugs, and fraud. He did it with a purpose. He killed a criminal when necessary, to save good people.

I'd been blind-sighted, and so much so, I had to reach to wipe away the tears running down my cheeks.

It was a disguise.

What was real, anymore? What wasn't?

I felt my mom hold my hand, as Stormie and Mer kept clapping, smiling. My friends seemed shocked, talking among each other.

It took a few minutes for the crowd to quiet down with the man standing right in front of them, so when they did - the other man shook hands with Ross, before they both faced the crowd once again.

Ross did not take the podium.

"The man had a bright mind, faced with dark challenges as a youngster. Born the son of the most widely known criminals in gang history, Howell Lynch, or, as they refer to him in the scene : The Machine."

Ross looked down at the mention of his father's name.

"He was only twenty three when he started officially working for the Federal Bureau of Investigation and he did more in five years for this country than his father, his entire life. Mr. Lynch rewrote history, making his last name the best honorary badge he will ever have."

Everyone started clapping again, now lifted to their feet.

I could only stand there, clapping with the proudest smile on my face, and silent tears in my eyes.

I felt internally grateful for my water-proof make up.

"There are four medals in the program intended for personnel: the FBI Star, the FBI Medal for Meritorious Achievement, the FBI Shield of Bravery, and the FBI Medal of Valor. One additional medal, the FBI Memorial Star, is for a surviving relative when a death has occurred in the line of duty. These medals are considered to be among the highest honors granted by the FBI, and fewer than 400 had been awarded as of March 2023." he kept talking, now a bit louder as the crowd relaxed once more.

I placed a hand on my heart, watching as a third person got on stage, presenting all the medals.

"Mr. Lynch, has won all." he turned to Ross, bowing, as the medals were hung around his neck by the one presenting them earlier.

I noticed as he thanked the man, before smiling and nodding at the agent that had bowed to him.

Practically sobbing, I wiped my tears as Stormie walked over to me, giving me a hug. We both had tears in our eyes, as the crowd cheered.

As Ross took his place in front of the podium, he seemed to breathe in the appreciation and applause.

It made me smile in pride. He deserved every bit of it. He deserved it all.

Once the crowd relaxed again, Ross spoke up, looking back at the man that was now standing behind him "Thank you for the speech, Agent Marrow."

Then he looked back at the crowd "Today has been surreal.. mostly because it was a day I'd never thought I'd see."

My eyebrows narrowed, as the crowd fell in silence.

"It's been a long, painful five years. I've faced death in more ways than one a lot of times, and somehow always managed to heal. Except, when I was placed on this mission all those years ago.. I'd been anything but healed. Hatered drove my desire to prove my father wrong. Agent Marrow mentioned not being afraid of death.. and to be honest, at the time, I didn't care if I lived or died. If I did, I wanted to at least go knowing it was for a good reason. I already had inside knowledge of gang activities thanks to my.. father, so it was easy to spy. That's why, CCC was the perfect mission."

He took a pause to breathe, and I sighted, still holding onto my heart. Hearing him speak out such dark thoughts.. it was torturing to say the least.

"The wounds on my body never fazed me because they'd already been there inside of me. Some of those will never heal.. some of them, already have." he looked up from his speech "I never realized how difficult it would be to keep such information from my own family. What kept me going was the thought that somehow, someway.. they'd know one day."

I noticed Stormie smiling up at Ross, before looking back to him as well.

"That day is here, and I've never been more grateful to be standing here alive. I've never been more grateful not to be alone, when being left alone was all I used to want. I've never been more grateful to have been proven wrong again.."

His eyes then caught mine.

"So thank you, to the woman that gave me a reason to live, and I'm sorry for all the pain I've caused. Thank you, for teaching me love."

The tears came back again, but maybe about ten times harder. I couldn't hold myself together, but I tried to.

I could only smile and cry, as he placed his hand over his heart as I'd been doing, ignoring all the medals hanging from his neck.

I blew him a kiss with the palm of my hand, and he smiled, looking down at his speech again.

"They asked me if I had any advice for upcoming, or new agents that have or will one day join the FBI. All I would say is, place value into everything. Value your family, your life, your love. Do not get lost in trying to do better in tests.. rather, strive to help."

His hands were spread over the podium, and as he looked up, the crowd cheered once more.

"Obviously, my family and friends are here today. One of the reasons for that, is because I'm retiring. I have a baby on the way-"

He pauses when the crowd cheered again, and I laughed.

He looked down at me.

"- and I've made the decision to detach myself from crime entirely, to for once- enjoy a normal life. Thank you. Thank you for not giving up on me."

With that, he steps away from the podium, as his eyes remain on mine. Cheers fill the halls as he shakes hands with every agent on stage, as they leave.

At the end, he bows, before climbing off stage again.

There is a lot of eyes on him, a lot of important people who want to talk, but his eyes seem almost hyperfoced on mine as he rushes to me.

He wraps his hands around my waist, lifting me off the ground, before kissing me. My hands wrap around his neck, as I return his passion.

We hug right after, as he squeezes me to his chest. I can only cry into his shoulder, as he kisses my neck.

"You've changed my life, darling." his words of honey, whispered into my ear for only me to hear.

,,,

"Ross that was.. and you did- but how could you?"

There was not enough questions I could ask, and the rest of the family didn't hesitate to ask their own.

He had a lot to explain after we got out of the ceremony. Ross took us to have a dinner at a rooftop restaurant close by, just to clear up any confusion, and well.. to enjoy a good meal.

We'd all gotten hungry after a few hours anyway.

After dinner, I walked up to the balcony of the rooftop with some of the girls taking pictures.

They finished taking their pictures, but I stood there some more. There was a light breeze, so it wasn't too cold, and the view.. well, it was absolutely stunning.

Shining city lights, cars driving back and forth, open windows with lights, and beautiful buildings.

When I looked up, the sky seemed almost even more shiny today. The stars.. they looked almost magical.

Ross joined me just a few minutes later, and as we looked down, I couldn't help but ask more questions.

He only laughed.

"I know baby. I know." he nodded, smiling down at me.

I looked back at him, returning his smile "Words cannot describe how proud I am of you."

He nodded, as I continued "But.. at this point, I don't know what's real and what's not."

"I don't blame you." he sighted "Fuck, it's been rough. I just hope you slowly get to understand, as you see our lives transform. There is no one to run from now."

I narrowed my eyes at him, keeping a soft smile "Really? What happened to.. well, everyone."

"They were caught." he nodded "That was the hidden reason for the fight. They wanted everyone in a room, and they wanted Tatum gone, in order for me to finish my mission. It didn't quite go as planned as he's still technically alive, but he's not a threat anymore."

"I understand." I whispered, nodding "So.. they're going to be sentenced."

"Each, and every one." he smiled slightly "I don't know. It feels kind of.. off. I feel guilty as well. I feel I should have the same punishment."

"You did what you had to do in line of duty." I shook my head, then pressed my lips "God.. so much makes sense now. It's like my heart knew you weren't bad..."

"None of it was logical." Ross shrugged "But I'm glad we're here."

"Me too." I nodded, smiley "It's been a crazy day.. and don't get me wrong, I loved it- but I don't want anymore surprises. Are you sure this is the truth? The purest truth?"

I was looking up at him, begging for an answer and some reassurance, that it was really... all over.

"Well that's a shame." he hummed, taking me in his arms "But yes, darling it's all over. No more secrets. My only job now is the one at the company with you. Our baby will have a crime free life."

I chuckled at that, practically grinning from ear to ear "God.. I just never thought it was possible."

"To be honest, I didn't know either.. I feel like I've been gifted a new life. I've been gifted you.. our baby."

Not allowing myself to start crying again, I simply sighted happily "I was going to save this for later.. but-"

I shrugged, handing him my phone.

He looked down at it, furrowing his brows, before looking up at me "Are these.."

"The results." I nodded "I had them sent them to me after our last doctor's visit.. and I was planning on finding a special moment...but.. today has felt pretty special to me."

As I was speaking, I could see the tears forming in his eyes "We're having a little boy?"

I nodded, laughing.

"Fuck." he wiped his tears, before wrapping his arms around me in an emotional hug.

I squeezed him close, before looking up at him, smiling widely.

"Ross.. I know we're together, but you've never officially called me.. your girlfriend. Why is that?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows.

He looked down at me, smirking "Because you aren't girlfriend material."

My smile fell slightly, as he continued on speaking "Did you ever get the chance to open the locket?"

"What does that have to do with.." I drifted off, letting him go from the hug "and what do you mean? You said it wouldn't open?"

"It doesn't." he raised an eyebrow "unless you have the key."

Now, even more confused, I stared at him. "I have the key?" I whispered.

He didn't say a thing- just lifted my wrist with his hand. I looked down at my bracelet as his thumb caressed it.. and suddenly, I understood. My eyes widen, as I look up at him. He only nods, as he undo's my bracelet.

I'm suddenly curious now, as I keep the bracelet in my hand, and turn around, as he moved my hair to the side.

I feel his rough hands at the base of my neck, as he undo's the necklace- and it falls right into my other hand.

I turn to look at him, and he urges "Do it."

I don't know why, but my heart was beating fast. Was there anything in this locket, that I needed to see?

God, was this a nice surprise, or a bad one? And most importantly.. why did Stormie give me the key.. when at the time I didn't even have the locket.

It was all very confusing, but before I let my thoughts distract me, I placed the key in the locket, only to see it pop open immediately.

Two sheets of paper lay on each sides of the heart- with hand-written words on them.

My hand flies to my mouth and I drop the locket, only to notice Ross in one knee, staring up at me.

In his hand, lay a velvet black box, holding the most gorgeous sparkly ring I'd ever seen in my life

I'm struggling to breathe, as the tears run down my face like a river.

"Ross-"

I could only master up a whisper, that almost get lost between the audible gasps by our very own families and friends.

"Tesoro." he speaks "I could never call you my girlfriend. It does not place the respect in your name that I desire, therefore.. I want you to be my wife."

With a shuddered breath and shaky hands, I place one over my heart. This was exactly the last thing I expected on this day.

The last secret. The last surprise. This was it.

"This may have come at a quick pace, but it's a risky move I'm willing to take. The way I feel about you goes beyond explaining, but I know one thing- and it's that I'd rearrange the stars to see you smile. You've changed my entire life. We went through hell and back together, and we're still here. It gives me confidence, and while I still have a lot of apologizing to do about the things I've hidden and done.. I can't help but want to make you mine.. forever. I want our son to have two parents, married and in love. This is how I want to start my new life."

My face is probably flushed and looking horrendous, but I couldn't care less. This declaration of love.. oh how it pulled at my heart strings.

God, I'd never quite felt this overwhelming feeling of emotion before.

"Quindi, per favore, sposatemi."

My mind can't even register that the question wasn't even in english, as I nodded, tears in my eyes yet smiling widely.

He laughs, eyes tearing up as he placed the ring on my finger, and I'm completely off the ground.

Figuratively, and literally, as he picks me up and spins me around.

I'm almost dizzy on my feet when my feet touch the groud, but he keeps me steady.. right there, in his arms.

Married.

I'm getting married.

I could only jump and cry, and hug all the people suddenly surrounding us.

Everyone is laughing and crying, and after Ross and I pose for some pictures with the ring, I look up at him.

"So with the locket.. does it mean..?"

"I proposed to you the night I gave it to you darling. You just didn't know." he swiped a finger across my lips, before kissing me.

So.. I'd been walking around with his marriage proposal for god knows how long, completely oblivious to the truth?

"The key was my approval." Stormie spoke up, adding to the story "I gave it to you hoping and believing, that you were the right woman. Ross wasn't certain, but I knew the second I heard about you."

I laughed at that, squeezing her into a hug.

"Welcome to the family." Mer joined from the hug, as Harry pat my head.

"Well for fucking sake, if it isn't the fiancée of a wealthy company manager, and ex FBI agent. What the fuck?" Camille yelled out, as I laughed, hugging her again.

It felt unreal, and honestly ridiculous placed that way.

For me? Well I was simply the finacée of Ross Lynch. My Ross.

"Was any of this planned?" I shook my head, now looking at my new fiance, who just let go of a hug from my mom.

Everyone seemed to be clueless that'd he do this tonight.

"Yes.. and no." he smiled "I knew what I wanted to say. I did my research... I brought our family and friends.. but I didn't know if I'd get the chance to... or if I'd have the guts to do it."

"I'm glad you did." I smiled at him "You've become my world either way."

He hands me a fruity drink, before kissing me again.

Breathless, I kiss back, passionately. There's yelling and whistling around us.. but it doesn't stop us for a second.

I felt firey and hot, and my belly is doing back flips. I choose to believe that's our son being just as happy for us.

If was only once his lips left mine, when he brushed the hair off my face. My body, still in his arms as I leaned into him, and he held me "How does it feel, Mrs. Lynch?"

A chuckle escapes my throat, as I stare up at him "Ecstasy.. the same I feel every time I get to call you my husband."

"Say that forever." he whispers.

Smiling at him teasingly, I speak up again.

"So I will.. tesoro."

☽。⋆.

You have officially reached the end of this story. Tesoro is now complete ❤️

I didn't think the Epilogue would be two full chapters long, but I guess there was a lot to cover. I really hope you guys enjoyed the ending.

I especially thought the flipping of the tesoro nickname at the end came kind of full circle.

From 2022-2024 it's been two years of writing this book, and I'm very proud to finish it.. even when I thought I simply couldn't find the inspiration to do so. Determination does a lot for me haha.

I thought the dating thing would be silly when it came down to these two characters so the proposal seemed so fitting. I hope you liked it too!

Tell me what do you think about the reveal of Ross' life and every single surprise in these two chapters.. where you expecting it? I'd love to know your thoughts on them!

That being said, this might not be the last A/N I write on here. Once Unresolved gets published, I'll come back to publish the announcement here, so if you don't want to miss it:

- keep this book in your library
- follow me on here
- follow me on Instagram @lovinraura_

I'll do my best to reach out to any of you once it's published! I'm placing the summary here, so if it sounds like something that you're interested in, please reply to this paragraph with the words "me!", so I can personally dm you when it comes out 💕

This story isn't a continuation of Timing's A Bitch.. however it's a remake. Instead of music, it's acting.

And it has a special element above that .. realism.

If you've been following me on Instagram for a while now.. you know I've had some ties with people who have told me things about Ross & Laura (in real life), related and unrelated to a certain show.

I'll be placing a lot of moments like that.. in this story. Who's to say what's fiction and what's actually happened?

Mixing reality with fiction.. I guess it's fitting as the characters do the same.

If all of this sounds intriguing to you, then please tune in for my next book, Unresolved, once it's out!

I love you all to pieces. I adored Tesoro so much, and this is my last good bye.

Please comment, vote and follow me for more books added to your library 🩸

Eternally grateful for everyone that's read this far. You made this happen. Thank you ♥️

Good bye, Tesoro.

_G

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

167K 4.2K 40
"He leaned in and slowly closed his eyes, his lips were now so close to mine, I could feel his warm breathe." It was at Laura's first R5 concert. Out...
52.6K 2.2K 29
Laura Marano's been helping her friends get together with their crushes to become a couple. Then at the beginning of Senior Year, her best friend wa...
59.6K 1K 18
A new story with each chapter! Ross Lynch & Laura Marano. That's all you need to know. xX Warning: mature themes, sex, drungs and violence may be i...
43.3K 1.9K 30
Laura Marano is in love with Ross Lynch. She's pretty much of a stalker if you tell me. Rydel Anderson is her best friend, and how come she didn't kn...