Take the Shot

Bởi kenyajustme

A collection of rewritten scenes and one-off stories. Heavy on the SPELIVIA, JIMONE, CLAYLA, and DIA. (WIP) Xem Thêm

EP 501- SPELIVIA SCENE- Christmas Eve Eve Party...Roll Thru?
EP 509: SPELIVIA SCENE - Candlelight But No You...
EP 515 - SPELIVIA SCENE - A Long Walk- Part One
EP 515 - SPELIVIA SCENE - A Long Walk- Part Two
Update/Teaser: Can We Be Tight?
Can We Be Tight? - Part I
Can We Be Tight? - Part II
Can We Be Tight? - Part III
Can We Be Tight? - Part V
Can We Be Tight? - Part VI
Love's Train - Part I
Love's Train - Part II

Can We Be Tight? - Part IV

416 17 59
Bởi kenyajustme

Writer's Note:

Here's Act Four of Six... As always, thanks for reading and your support! 🙏🏽🥰

***********************************************************************************************

ACT FOUR

CHYRON: TWO YEARS LATER

INT. NEW YORK - COFFEE SHOP - COUNTER / BAR - MORNING

Spencer scrolls his phone as he waits in line.

BARISTA (O.S.)

... Order up for Olivia.

Startled, Spencer almost drops his phone.

BARISTA (O.S.)

Venti, oat milk, no whip, extra honey for Olivia.

Spencer's heart skips a beat at the sight of a head full of bouncy curls as the woman rushes towards the counter... She brushes her hair from her face and gives the barista a shy smile.

OLIVIA

Sorry, Olivia... Here.

Olivia pays and grabs her coffee. As she turns around, she lets out a shuddering gasp as she's met with Spencer's kind brown eyes staring back at her.

SPENCER

Hey...

OLIVIA

Hey...

Olivia and Spencer stare in silence. They are knocked out of their trance when a PATRON behind Spencer clears his throat loudly. Spencer moves out of the line.

SPENCER

So, how are you?

OLIVIA

Ummm. How've you been?

They chuckle recognizing they've been here a time or two... Specifically, the last two years.

SPENCER

(voice cracks)

Are you happy?

OLIVIA

I am... Really happy. And you?

SPENCER

Uh... Yeah, yeah. All good.

Olivia's heart aches at the sadness in Spencer's eyes.

OLIVIA

Well, I should go... It was good seeing you.

Olivia contemplates going in for a hug... She hates that they once were so close but now it feels like they're strangers.

Olivia starts to walk off but Spencer pulls her into a tight embrace. They exhale. Spencer places a soft kiss inches from Olivia's lips that lingers. They lock eyes sharing a charged moment.

Olivia instinctively pulls away and rushes off.

OLIVIA

Bye, Spencer...

INT. NEW YORK - OLIVIA'S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - AFTERNOON

Several moving boxes line the space. There are repeated KNOCKS on the DOOR. Olivia shakes her head, already knowing who's on the other side.

Frustrated, she flings the door open. Spencer waltzes in.

OLIVIA

Spencer...

Olivia rolls her eyes and closes the door.

SPENCER

I had to see you.

OLIVIA

You shouldn't be here.

SPENCER

I miss you...

Spencer edges closer to Olivia and she backs away.

OLIVIA

No, stop. Right now.

SPENCER

I miss you so much, baby.

Spencer grabs Olivia's shoulders and pulls her into a kiss. Caught off guard she does the only thing that makes sense... She SLAPS the shit out of him. Shocked, he grabs his face.

OLIVIA

I'm sorry but I don't know where your head is at right now.

SPENCER

I know you felt that today.

OLIVIA

What I felt was a moment... With someone I spent years with. That's all. Nothing more.

SPENCER

You honestly telling me, that's all you felt, Liv?

OLIVIA

I'm engaged. You know this... You need to accept it.

SPENCER

Never... You won't marry him, Liv.

OLIVIA

Spencer...

SPENCER

Do you still love me?

Tears gloss over Spencer's eyes as he grabs Olivia's hands pulling her to him. She turns her head avoiding his gaze.

SPENCER

Answer the question, Olivia.

OLIVIA

I--

The door opens, and Reggie walks in holding several bags.

REGGIE

Babe, I got your--

Reggie's jaw tightens as his eyes bore into Olivia and Spencer too close for his comfort.

Olivia immediately yanks away from Spencer's grasp.

REGGIE

Dry Cleaning...

(disbelieving laugh)

Unbelievable... Un-fucking-believable.

Reggie tosses the bags on the sofa and storms out with the door slamming behind him.

Olivia frantically rushes to grab her shoes and purse.

OLIVIA

No, no, no...

(to Spencer)

You need to leave... Now.

SPENCER

No, Liv we need to t-

OLIVIA

Get out! Get the fuck out!

MUSIC CUE: "Hard" by Shy Carter

INT. NY - OLIVIA / REGGIE'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM / DEN - LATER

The space is lined with moving boxes and minimal furniture. Olivia walks in and desperately searches for Reggie.

OLIVIA

Reggie?! Babe? Where are you?

Olivia exhales as she follows the sounds of a grand piano. She walks into the den and sits beside Reggie seated at the piano. He plays the soulful melody of "Hard" by Shy Carter. The sweet notes of the piano weave through the air.

"It's gonna hard on my heart... It's gonna be on my pride. It's gonna be hard on my days. Even harder on my nights." 🎶

Reggie's fingers move gracefully across the keys, relaying the depths of his emotions.

"It's gonna be hard to let you go... Hard not having you around. It's gonna harder... Harder than we know if we take the easy way out." 🎶

He blinks back tears as he pours his heart out into the music.

An uneasy silence fills the room when he abruptly stops playing.

REGGIE

What are you doing here, Olivia?

OLIVIA

I came to check on my fiancé'.

Reggie scoffs as he looks out the window.

OLIVIA

I'm sorry about earlier... He shouldn't have been there. But nothing's going on. I swear--

REGGIE

(above a whisper)

Just do it now.

OLIVIA

Huh? What are you talking about?

REGGIE

(voice cracks)

Just rip the bandaid off... If you don't want to marry me you gotta tell me now... Please.

OLIVIA

(stifles sob)

Reggie... You really have no idea how much I love you, do you?

She wraps her arms around him and rests her head on his shoulder. 

OLIVIA

I can't wait to marry you... Two weeks. Just two more weeks, babe.

INT. NY GIANTS LOCKER ROOM - EVENING

Newly signed QB Darnell and Spencer pack up after practice.

DARNELL

... You better be glad she didn't do more than slap your dumb ass.

SPENCER

Man, whatever.

DARNELL

You need to let this go, fam.

SPENCER

She's not going to marry him... I know she still loves me.

DARNELL

You're in denial... It's been two years. You need to move on.

SPENCER

No, Olivia is supposed to be my wife. I'm not giving her up... You weren't there, bro.

DARNELL

No, I wasn't... But I've seen her with him. Many times. The wedding is happening. You need to come to terms with that... And fast. 

CHYRON:  TWO WEEKS LATER (DAY BEFORE WEDDING)

INT. NY - KIA / DARNELL'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - AFTERNOON

Olivia, Kia, Simone, Layla, and Lisa all enjoy a day of pampering. Massages. Hair. Facials. Nails. Two MASSEUSES give Kia and Layla massages.

Kia frowns at Olivia on FaceTime with Reggie as she gets her hair done. REGGIE ON SCREEN.

REGGIE

... I miss you too, brown eyes.

OLIVIA

(pouts)

I don't wanna wait til' tomorrow to see you. I don't get as much Reggie time since you switched firms... I miss working together.

KIA

Y'all are nauseating. You just saw each other four hours ago.

OLIVIA

Ummm. Hello?! Pot meet kettle. You and "Sweet Thing" literally suck face every five minutes.

LAYLA

She's got you there, Kia.

KIA

Uh, don't get mad cause me and my husband like to show affection.

Seated at the makeshift nail station with two NAIL TECHS, Simone and Lisa exchange looks and roll their eyes.

SIMONE

Here this bitch go. My husband, my husband, my husband. We get it. You're married... Welcome to the club, bitch. Act like she's the first person to get married.

LAYLA

That part.

LISA

Right... Let her get a few years under her belt... Negro will quickly turn to "him downstairs" best fetch me some milk and cookies.

Simone, Lisa, and Layla cackle. Olivia's eyes grow big.

KIA

Y'all can politely kiss my ass.

LAYLA

Oh, no we're scaring, Liv.

REGGIE

Please stop scaring my girl. I need her to walk down the aisle tomorrow.

LAYLA

(cringes)

Don't worry, Liv marriage is uh blissful.

LISA

All sunshine and rainbows.

Simone inspects her nails with a smirk.

SIMONE

Yep, I only wanna knock Jordan's head off three times a day... Light work. 

OLIVIA

Gee, thanks for the encouragement.

REGGIE

Don't listen to them, babe... I'm gonna make you smile every day for the rest of our lives.

LAYLA

(rolls her eyes)

Aww isn't that sweet.

SIMONE

(sarcastically)

Well, isn't that special?

LISA

He's just adorable... Anthony sold me that same bridge.

Kia starts to nod off... Simone snatches the phone from Olivia.

SIMONE

Okay, that's enough. This is a boy's free pamper day.

(disconnects call)

Say goodbye, Liv.

INT. NY - KIA / DARNELL'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - NIGHT

Olivia, Kia, Simone, Layla, and Lisa lounge around in their pajamas and check their answers to "He said. She said."

SIMONE

... Who said I love you first?

OLIVIA

(blushes)

Reggie.

SIMONE

Who loves to cook more?

KIA / LAYLA / LISA

Reggie!

SIMONE

Ain't that the truth... Liv doesn't do shit but Post Mates. She can barely microwave.

OLIVIA

Bite me.

SIMONE

Who initiated the first kiss?

OLIVIA

Me.

SIMONE

Freak... Who snores more?

OLIVIA

Reg--

KIA

Olivia!

(to Olivia)

Bitch please, sound like a damn wildebeest.

LAYLA

She's not lying.

OLIVIA

I feel attacked.

LISA

Ready for tomorrow, Liv?

The DOORBELL RINGS and Olivia's eyes fixate on Simone's as she gets an uneasy feeling.

MUSIC CUE: "Hard" by Shy Carter

I/E. KIA / DARNELL'S HOUSE - ENTRYWAY / PORCH - MOMENTS LATER

At the door with arms folded, Simone glares at Spencer.

SIMONE

... Spencer you need to leave.

SPENCER

Not until I see her.

SIMONE

Spence, you know I love you. But if you don't go home I'm gonna punch you dead in your throat.

SPENCER

Simone.

SIMONE

No! I will not let you ruin this for her. She's happy and--

OLIVIA (O.S.)

It's okay, Simone...

PAN TO REVEAL OLIVIA standing behind Simone.

OLIVIA

He has to hear it from me.

Simone shoots Spencer a warning look before going inside.

SIMONE

I'll be inside if you need me, sis.

Spencer's heart races as Olivia steps out in a flowing white robe. She grabs his hand leading him to the porch swing.

Silence hangs between them like an unspoken history. Memories of their past linger in the air.

"Goodbye's on the table... It's one word away. The devil says it'll set us free. But the truth is baby, it's a hell of a price to pay... Just give me one more hour. Then maybe just one more..." 🎶

Spencer eyes their interlocked hands as he struggles to find the right words.

SPENCER

Liv, please don't do this... Don't marry him. Don't give up on us. This can't be where our story ends.

An uneasiness washes over Olivia as she turns to face him.

OLIVIA

I couldn't say this before because I just didn't have the heart.

(trembling sigh)

Spencer, I do love you... I always will, but I am in love with Reggie... I'm happy. I want to marry him. I need you to accept that.

Pain courses through Spencer's body as tears fall.

"It's gonna be hard on my heart... It's gonna be hard on my pride. It's gonna be hard on my days... Even harder on my nights " 🎶

SPENCER

Liv, I love you. I can't... I just--

Olivia's eyes glisten with a mix of sympathy and regret. She grabs his face and stares into his eyes, lovingly. 

OLIVIA

I'm so sorry... I hate that you're hurting. But I need you to hear me. You've gotta let me go, Spencer.

SPENCER

(chokes back sob)

I don't know how... I don't know how to let you go, Liv.

Olivia pulls Spencer into a tight embrace as they both sob.

"It's gonna be hard to let you go... Hard not having you around. It's gonna be harder... Harder than we know..." 🎶

INT. NY - WEDDING VENUE - BRIDAL SUITE - AFTERNOON

LAURA becomes overwhelmed as she gazes at a radiant, Olivia in a gorgeous white wedding gown.

OLIVIA

Mom?! Will you please stop with the waterworks? You start then I start. We'll end up a blubbering mess.

LAURA

I can't help it, Livvie. You're stunning. Absolutely breathtaking.

OLIVIA

Mom...

LAURA

Okay. Okay... One last thing. Something old and blue.

(locks eyes with Olivia)

It was your Dad's.

Tears fill their eyes as Laura places a light blue handkerchief in Olivia's hand.

INT. NY - WEDDING VENUE - LOBBY / HALLWAY - LATER

Butterflies swarm in Olivia's stomach as she clutches Jordan's bicep. He leans over with a slight smile.

JORDAN

You alright there, kiddo?

OLIVIA

(nods)

With my womb mate by my side... Of, course. Thanks for doing this.

JORDAN

Hey, where else would I be? I just wish that--

Jordan and Olivia's eyes tear up. The devastating loss of Billy still so evident.

OLIVIA

I know... I know.

INT. NY - WEDDING VENUE - CHAPEL - MOMENTS LATER

Tears swell in Reggie's eyes as he recites his vows.

REGGIE

... Olivia you are the sweetest love. My greatest love. Thank you for taking a chance on me... Loving me.

Olivia blots away the tears from Reggie's face.

REGGIE

I promise to spend every day trying to make you smile. Laugh. I promise to do everything in my power to make sure your days are filled with nothing but happiness.

INT. NY - WEDDING VENUE - BALLROOM / BANQUET HALL - EVENING

Clayla, Jimone, Antli, and Dia look on as Olivia and Reggie take the floor for their first dance as husband and wife.

Jordan leans over and whispers loudly to Simone.

JORDAN

... Babe, what do you say me and you go find a coat closet so I can put a baby in you.

ANTHONY

Bro, where did you learn to whisper?

CLAY

I'm saying... I bet three tables over heard him.

LISA

I feel chunks forming in my stomach.

SIMONE

Y'all just mad you didn't think of it first... Haters.

With not an ounce of shame, Simone grabs Jordan's hand pulling him away.

A beat. Other couples take the floor.

CLAY

Wanna cut a rug with your man?

Clay holds out his hand to Layla. She takes his hand and they head to the dance floor.

LAYLA

I'd love to.

DARNELL

(leans over to Kia)

Babe, I need to do something for Liv... Well, I was going to anyway but she asked--

KIA

I know... Call me if you need me.

Darnell leans in closer and kisses Kia gently. Sweetly.

As she rests her head on Reggie's shoulder while they slow dance, Olivia locks eyes with Darnell walking towards the exit. He gives her a reassuring nod. She exhales and closes her eyes.

INT. NY - SPENCER'S DOWNTOWN APT - LIVING ROOM - EVENING

Darnell walks into the dark apartment. His face falls when he sees a sullen Spencer, on the floor slumped against the sofa clutching a half-empty bottle of vodka. With a sigh, he sits down next to Spencer freeing the bottle from his grasp.

SPENCER

(voice trembles)

It's really over... She's gone for good this time.

Darnell places a comforting hand on a distraught Spencer's shoulder.

DARNELL

I got you... I got you, bro.

INT. NY - ANGELICA'S APT - LIVING ROOM - NIGHT

Two days later. A surprised Angelica steps aside as Spencer walks through the front door.

ANGELICA

Spencer, what are you doing here? You know my mom has Angel this week-

Spencer pulls Angelica to him and rids her of her robe.

SPENCER

You got on too much clothes.

He fiddles with her bra clasp as he leads her to the bedroom.

CHYRON:  TWO MONTHS LATER

INT. NY - DESIGNER DEPARTMENT STORE - MORNING

Disinterested, Spencer scrolls his phone as Angelica holds up a three thousand dollar pair of Givenchy boots. 

ANGELICA

... Babe, what do you think of these? I know I already have a black pair and a brown pair. But I--

Spencer's eyes don't leave his phone as he holds up his credit card. Angelica leans in and kisses his cheek.

ANGELICA

Thanks, babe... Ooooh, I just gotta have these pink Giuseppe boots.

INT. NY - OLIVIA / REGGIE'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - EVENING

Olivia and Reggie cuddle on the sofa. ABBOTT ELEMENTARY PLAYS on the TV. Olivia's PHONE RINGS with a call from Kia. She hits decline. Reggie eyes her with concern.

REGGIE

Babe, you can't ignore Kia and Simone forever... You're gonna have to start planning the baby shower sooner or later.

OLIVIA

(eyes her hands)

I know... I'm happy for Kia. I am but all this talk about the baby makes me a little sad.

Reggie pulls Olivia closer.

REGGIE

We're going to have a baby... You just gotta be patient. We haven't been trying that long.

OLIVIA

Four months seems long...

(heavy sigh)

I'm a horrible friend, huh?

REGGIE

No, you're human.

Reggie kisses Olivia's cheek.

REGGIE

It's gonna happen for us... I can see it. A little one with your big brown eyes. 

OLIVIA

And your beautiful smile... You have the best smile.

REGGIE

(smiles broadly)

I mean... We could have a little baby-making session right now.

OLIVIA

Hmmm... I'm down.

Off Olivia and Reggie, as he pulls her into a mesmerizing kiss.

INT. NY - KIA / DARNELL'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - LATER

Darnell walks into the room with Spencer in tow. A frown spreads across his face when he sees Kia standing on a ladder trying to adjust an ornament on the Christmas tree. He rushes over to her and gently places his hand on her back.

DARNELL

Woman... Get down from that ladder. What the hell is wrong with you?

Darnell helps her down. Kia swats him away.

KIA

Relax. I wasn't even that high up. Make yourself useful and fix lunch.

(to Spencer)

Where's my red velvet cake?

He holds out a plate with aluminum foil on the top. Kia snatches it.

SPENCER

Well, hello to you too, Sunshine.

DARNELL

The lasagna's in the oven, Kia.

Kia sits and plops her feet on Darnell's lap as she digs into the red velvet cake... He tries to get a piece of her cake and she slaps his hand away. Spencer sits across from them.

Darnell and Kia exchange looks.

KIA

How you been, Spence?

SPENCER

All good.

KIA

And Angel?

SPENCER

(smiles, shrugs)

A busybody four-year-old... Spoiled rotten.

KIA

(mumbles)

At least she ain't rotten to the core like her Mammy.

DARNELL

Kia...

KIA

So, Spence... I have someone I think you should meet. My coworker Stacy. I think you two--

SPENCER

Not interested... Besides, you know I'm seeing Angelica.

KIA

Oh, be for real...

DARNELL

Look, I ain't tryin' to be all in yo business but when ya gonna stop wasting time with Spawn of Satan?

SPENCER

Shit... Better the devil I know than one I don't, digging in my damn pockets.

KIA

Oh, so you're cool being a cliche?

SPENCER

Kia... I'm not looking for anything complicated.

KIA

You're avoiding anything real, Spencer.

Spencer stretches his arms and rests them on the sofa.

SPENCER

All I'm saying is things with Angelica are easy. As long as I keep the Amex in her hand she leaves me be... No stress. No complications.

INT. NY - ANGELICA'S APT - BEDROOM - MORNING

Angelica looks at herself in the full-length mirror. She places her hands on her belly.

ANGELICA

... We should have another baby. I always wanted a boy.

Spencer looks at Angelica like she's grown two heads. Another baby?? So she can push them off on her mama every chance you get?? FOH... Shit just got complicated.

SPENCER

(clears throat)

Uh, we should talk...

Off Spencer, as he TEXTS KIA: So, tell me bout Stacy?

CHYRON:  FOUR MONTHS LATER 

INT. NY - OLIVIA / REGGIE'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - AFTERNOON

The TV PLAYS in the background. Olivia snuggles up to Reggie.

OLIVIA

Babe, are you sure you don't want to do anything for your birthday? We could go out to dinner. Dancing.

Reggie taps Olivia on the thigh.

REGGIE

Nope, I have everything I need right here.

OLIVIA

Hold that thought.

Olivia reaches down on the side of the sofa and hands Reggie a wrapped gift box. With a smile, he rips open the paper and box. His hands tremble as he pulls out two T-shirts. The big shirt reads "Daddy Shark" and the little one "Baby Shark".

Reggie looks up with tears in his eyes.

REGGIE

For real, babe?

OLIVIA

Yes, you're gonna be a Papa.

REGGIE

Best birthday present ever.

Reggie leans over and kisses Olivia.

MONTAGE OVER THE YEARS

INT. NY - HOSPITAL - DELIVERY ROOM  - NIGHT - (MONTAGE)

Twenty-four hours of labor. Darnell kisses an exhausted Kia's hand as she groans in pain and pushes. The DOCTOR raises her head.

DOCTOR

That's it Mrs. Hayes one more push.

Kia musters up her strength and yells out as she pushes again. Suddenly the cries of DIANNA NICOLE HAYES fill the room. Kia and Darnell lock eyes and the tears stream down.

DARNELL

You did it... I love you, Kia baby.

KIA

I love you too, Sweet Thing.

INT. OLIVIA /REGGIE'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - MORNING (MONTAGE)

Olivia's eyes grow the size of saucers when 10-month-old REGINALD JOSEPH TURNER (RJ for short) steps away from the coffee table and tries to balance on his chubby little legs.

She scrambles for her PHONE. To no avail. She tears up as he takes his first two steps. An oblivious Reggie walks in.

REGGIE

Babe, have--

Olivia hits him in the arm and points to RJ. Reggie's eyes light up and he quickly pulls out his PHONE and RECORDS. RJ takes another step. Then another. Another. Then another.

OLIVIA

That's it RJ, come to Mama.

REGGIE

Nah. Come to Papa. Come on.

RJ looks from Olivia to Reggie and smiles.

OLIVIA

Give it a rest. I'm his favorite. Deal with it... Come on RJ, come to Mama, baby.

RJ takes a few more steps in the middle and turns slightly toward Olivia.

REGGIE

No... Come to Daddy. Remember who sneaks you cookies when Mama ain't looking. Come on RJ.

RJ stops and considers his next step. He starts to falter.

OLIVIA

Excuse me, what was that?

REGGIE

Carrots. I sneak him carrots.

OLIVIA

Uh-huh... Come on RJ. That's it. Come to Mama. Come to Mama.

RJ lights up as he takes more steps getting closer to Olivia. He takes two more and hugs her legs. She picks him up and floods him with kisses. She sticks her tongue out at Reggie.

Reggie shakes his head at RJ with sheer disappointment.

REGGIE

The betrayal... The utter betrayal.

EXT. KIA / DARNELL'S HOUSE - DRIVEWAY - AFTERNOON (MONTAGE)

With a ball in hand, RJ (1.5 years old) stands beside Reggie as he gets presents out of the car. Reggie starts to close the door but notices one more present in the back. He reaches back inside.

A CAR DOOR SLAMS nearby. RJ drops his ball and runs toward the end of the driveway to retrieve it. Reggie looks back in horror and drops all the presents rushing forward as another car cruises down the street.

REGGIE

RJ no!

Wide receiver Spencer, scoops up RJ before he can even make it to the end of the driveway. STACY (30s) trailing behind him with Angel (5) breathes a sigh of relief.

Spencer hands RJ off to Reggie and Reggie hugs RJ tightly as tears form... Oblivious, the toddler tries to squirm away. Reggie finally lets him down but clings on to his hand and clutches his chest with the other. Spencer eyes him with concern.

SPENCER

Ay, man... You good?

Reggie struggles to speak but nods his head. Spencer eyes him knowingly and looks at Stacy.

SPENCER

Hey, Babe... Can you take them in?

STACY

Of, course... Come on you two.

ANGEL

Is he okay, Daddy?

SPENCER

Yes, love bug. Go with Stacy.

Stacy grabs RJ's hand and takes him and Angel inside. Spencer places his hands on Reggie's shoulders.

SPENCER

Breathe... Just breathe. Short breaths. He's fine. RJ's okay.

(off Reggie)

That's it. Just breathe.

Reggie's breathing begins to settle.

REGGIE

(tearful nod)

Thank you...

INT. KIA / DARNELL'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - LATER (MONTAGE)

Layla, Simone, Kia, and Olivia all stare in awe as Spencer and Reggie engage in banter with Darnell, Jordan, and Clay while they sip on adult beverages.

Reggie says something funny and Spencer places a hand on his shoulder and laughs in ghetto.

Layla sips her wine and raises a brow.

LAYLA

... When did that happen?

KIA

How did that happen?

OLIVIA

(baffled)

I don't know... Jordan said they had a moment or something.

SIMONE

Don't question it... Just bask in it. No telling how long it'll last.

LAYLA

Dare I say they'll become friends?

All the ladies burst out laughing.

OLIVIA

Not a chance in bloody hell.

The mini Vortex, Angel (5), Dianna (2, B-day girl), RJ (1.5), SHAYLA TAYLOR (3), and JAYLYN BILLY BAKER (3) play with toys as the moms watch on.

KIA

They're all so good together.

The moms all nod. Dianna kisses RJ on the cheek and they all AWWWW. Darnell comes up and wraps his arms around Kia.

DARNELL

Ready to cut the cake, baby?

Dianna kisses RJ again on the cheek and giggles. And then. She grabs his face and pecks him on the lips. She giggles.

DARNELL

NOOOOO!! DIANNA!! No kissing rock head little boys! No! No! No!

Dianna's lip starts to quiver and she bursts into tears. And then RJ starts to cry. The cries grow louder.

Kia and Olivia smack Darnell upside his head.

Dianna runs over to Kia and RJ runs to Olivia. They scoop them up.

KIA

Darnell, she's just a baby!

SIMONE

Now, why would you go and scare that angel like that?

CLAY

Nice going jackass!

SHAYLA

(giggles)

Jackass!

Layla looks at Shayla and Clay in horror.

LAYLA

Clayyyyyyyyyy!

CLAY

(cringes)

Sorry, babe...

Dianna squirms in Kia's grasp and reaches for Darnell. He takes her and floods her with kisses.

DARNELL

No more being fresh like yo, Mama... You save all your kisses for your Pa.

Kia leans over and whispers in Darnell's ear.

KIA

Since I'm too fresh... keep that same energy later tonight.

Kia saunters off to chat with Stacy. Darnell growls.

A beat. Olivia goes over to Reggie, Jordan, and Spencer.

OLIVIA

Babe, can you take RJ to potty?

Reggie nods and takes RJ from Olivia. Olivia pours herself a glass of wine and exhales.

JORDAN

(smirks)

Rough day...

OLIVIA

(sighs heavily)

Define rough.

SIMONE (O.S.)

Jordan!? Can you fix me a plate?!

JORDAN

(rolls eyes)

That is rough...

(heavy defeated sigh)

Yes, dear...

Jordan walks off with a grunt leaving Olivia and Spencer in awkward silence.

OLIVIA

(sips wine)

Uh, Stacy seems nice... Things going well?

SPENCER

Yeah, things are good.

OLIVIA

Soooo, you and Reggie?

SPENCER

(smirks, sips drink)

We came to an understanding... Won't be going fishing, now. 

OLIVIA

I shudder at the thought.

SPENCER

But we can keep it cordial.

OLIVIA

To cordial.

SPENCER

To cordial.

Off Olivia and Spencer, as they click glasses and smile.

INT. JAMAICA - GIFT SHOP - AFTERNOON (MONTAGE)

Fun in the sun. Family vacation. Olivia, Reggie, and RJ (7 years old) get matching wooden beaded bracelets.

INT. NY - SPENCER'S DOWNTOWN APT - LIVING ROOM (MONTAGE)

Moving boxes align the space. Spencer walks in and drops a box on the floor. He wraps his arms around TONYA (30s)

SPENCER

That's the last of it... Where do you want the painting, babe?

CHYRON: TEN YEARS AFTER WEDDING

INT. NY - OLIVIA / REGGIE'S HOUSE - KITCHEN - MORNING

The tension is thick. Olivia and Reggie are in the middle of a heated argument. Olivia SLAMS the CABINET DOOR shut.

OLIVIA

... This is getting old, Reggie. We both agreed to cut back on hours. Focus on us... Our family.

REGGIE

I know, babe... I'm sorry. You know this can't be helped. I just need a little more time. After this case wraps, we can--

OLIVIA

You know what, save it... For when you're telling me the same damn thing about the next case.

REGGIE

Olivia...

OLIVIA

What about RJ's recital? You blocked out time for that, right?

REGGIE

Shit... I forgot.

Olivia slams her hand on the counter.

OLIVIA

Dammit, Reggie.

REGGIE

I'll fix it. I'll make it work... I promise, babe.

OLIVIA

Stop making promises you won't keep... If you can't make it to his recital, you better tell him. I--

RJ (9 years old) walks into the kitchen and eyes Reggie.

RJ

You're not coming to my, recital?

REGGIE

No, buddy... I will. I just have to move some things around. I promise--

RJ

Whatever... You never keep your word anymore.

OLIVIA

Reginald Joseph Turner, apologize to your father this instant!

RJ

(grunts)

Sorry.

OLIVIA

Now, hug your father so we can go.

RJ starts to object but Olivia gives him a death stare. He hugs Reggie begrudgingly.

REGGIE

Love you, buddy.

RJ

(as he leaves out)

Love you too... I'll be in the car, Ma.

REGGIE

I love you too, brown eyes.

Olivia rolls her eyes and storms out of the room. A beat. She comes back in.

OLIVIA

(equally begrudgingly)

I love you, Reggie.

Olivia starts to walk away.

REGGIE

(smirks)

What, no kiss goodbye?

Olivia sucks her teeth and storms off with a huff.

Reggie waits for the DOOR to SLAM and Olivia to be out of earshot. He makes a call.

REGGIE

Hey, Chrissy... Can you talk?

INT. NEW YORK - COFFEE SHOP - BAR / COUNTER - MORNING

As Spencer and Angel (14) leave they run into Olivia walking in. Spencer and Olivia shake their heads and laugh.

SPENCER

We've gotta stop meeting like this.

OLIVIA

Right...

(to Angel)

Hey, Angel face.

ANGEL

(smiles sweetly)

Hey, Miss Liv...

Angel turns to Spencer and holds out her hand.

ANGEL

So, this is obviously, gonna take long... Can I have the car keys?

Spencer rolls his eyes and slaps the keys in her hand.

SPENCER

Smart ass.

Angel leaves out with a smirk. Olivia walks up to the counter.

OLIVIA

(to Barista)

Order for Olivia.

(to Spencer)

Don't you just love having a teen?

SPENCER

I miss when she was less sassy.

OLIVIA

(nods and smiles)

So, how are you? How's things with Tiffany, right?

Olivia gets a call from REGGIE. She hits DECLINE.

SPENCER

(cringes)

Tonya... I'm with Tonya, now. Tiffany was after Stacy.

The barista hands Olivia her coffee and she and Spencer sit.

OLIVIA

Hmm... Kinda hard to keep up.

SPENCER

Touché... And you?

(eyes soften)

Are you still happy?

Olivia gets a faraway look which Spencer peeps.

OLIVIA

Yep... Happy as can be.

SPENCER

Liv...

OLIVIA

(shakes head, heavy sigh)

Reggie and I had a fight... Marriage is hard. But so is life.

Olivia stands and grabs her things.

OLIVIA

I should go... Until next time old friend.

SPENCER

Until next time...

Olivia smiles shyly and waves as she leaves.

INT. NY - SPENCER'S DOWNTOWN APT - LIVING ROOM - LATER

A headline FLASHES on TV "BREAKING NEWS: A dispute turns deadily, at Jones, Smith & Wright law firm... Three confirmed dead, multiple injured" Tonya shakes her head in disbelief.

Spencer's heart plummets to the floor.

SPENCER

Tonya, turn that up!

Tonya turns up the volume and eyes him with concern.

TONYA

Babe, are you okay? Do you know someone who works there?

With PHONE in hand, Spencer calls Olivia. Straight to voicemail. He tries again to no avail. Frantic, he calls Kia.

SPENCER

Kia? Have you heard from, Liv?

Off a panicked, Spencer.

END ACT FOUR

Writer's Note:

Well here is Act 4 of 6. Questions? Comments? I can't wait to hear your thoughts. I really hope you guys like the story so far. This is one of my favorite ones I've written. 

Whew... Writing Act 3 and Act 4 wore me out, to be honest. Need to rest my eyes. I know we're ending on a cliffhanger but I promise the wait won't be too long to close out this one shot. Two more acts guys! 

As always, thanks for reading and your support! 🙏🏽🥰

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

29.6K 825 32
Spelivia Love Story ❤️🤍
64K 1.8K 41
An overflow of my Spelivia story ideas and ideas from other Spelivia fans that aren't long enough to make a full book. These one-shots won't be relat...
7.8K 278 15
Part II of the Do For Love fan-fiction TV script series follows Spencer, Olivia, Jordan, Simone, Layla, Clay, Darnell, and Kia as they adjust to life...
118K 1.3K 32
━━━━━ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 I write about Joshua Bassett and the characters he has played ❨Requests are closed. No SMUT.❩ ❨Started: December 14th, 2019 En...