•Far Away• ♡amelia shepherd♡

By riawr1tess

"you make me feel different. different than when i've met other people, just... different." or in which ameli... More

cast
warning
♧ideas♧
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
New Book!
New Book!
on hold.

35

390 19 3
By riawr1tess

(guys just pretend it's christmas time bc i want ophelia and a certain person to meet ;) )

"Merry Christmas, baby." Amelia said, walking into the bedroom as Ophelia finally woke up. They had been  up late last night because Amelia was giving Ophelia an... early Christmas present.

"Merry Christmas." Ophelia said through a yawn, wiping the sleep from her eyes, "Why are you up so early?"

"Just come on." Amelia was smiling, very clearly hiding something. She grabbed Ophelia's hand and practically pulling her out of bed.

"Oh, my God, Amelia my legs still hurt, give me few seconds to get ready." Ophelia laughed, walking to the bathroom just down the hall, Amelia following straight after her.

"Okay, fine, but be quick." Amelia gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, before leaving the bathroom to let Ophelia get ready.

The Latina had brought clothes with her, but she left her face bare of makeup, deciding to put it on before they left for Meredith's.

When she left the bathroom, there were candles along the side of the hall, leading her to the bathroom. How long had she been in there?

Despute the confusion, Ophelia followed the candles to the living room, where Amelia was standing with small black, white and orange kitten, with a small red ribbon tied around its neck.

"Oh, Amelia..." Ophelia whispered, walking forward and taking the kitten from her girlfriend's hands. The cat almost immediately started purring, "Where did you get him?"

"Her, and look at her."

"I am, she's so cut-"

"No, Fee, look at her."

That when Ophelia noticed the silver ring that was on the ribbon. It was a simple ring, with a sapphire gem in it, Ophelia's favourite colour. Inscribed on the inside was "I love you always and forever, close and far away."

"Amelia..." Ophelia said, shocked.

"Okay, so I know it's kind of cheesy, but I knew that you wanted to get a pet, and I know that you're not big on Christmas, and, um..." She then got down on one knee.

"Ophelia Lopez, will you marry me?"

Ophelia was lost for words. This was probably the sweetest thing any girl she had ever been with.

"Yes. I'll marry you."

Amelia stood up, tackling Ophelia into a massive bear hug, pressing her lips to her now fiancée's.

"Okay, now we should probably name this cat." Ophelia smiled, holding the cat between them.

"That's a good point." Amelia said, loojing at the cat who just stared back with her dark brown eyes.

"What about Kiko?" Ophelia suggested. The cat meowed, and the couple laughed.

"I guess she likes that one." Amelia joked, scratching between Kiko's ears, and the kitten purred in response.

A while later, they were making their way to Meredith's house, the presents for the kids in the trunk. They had decided to bring Kiko along, seeing as they knew that the kids would live to meet her. They brought some of the toys that Amelia had bought, and Ophelia was sporting her new ring.

"Is Cristina nice?" Ophelia asked as they neared Meredith's house. Her anxiety was showing, see as she had to meet a new person that she had barely heard of.

"Yeah, she's nice." Amelia assured her, placing a comforting hand on top of her fiancée's thigh, "I've only met her once or twice, but she's alright."

"She's the one that Meredith was yelling to you about that one time, saying she was her sister and you weren't."

Ophelia's were squinted slightly, something she did when she disliked someone but didn't want them to know. Amelia laughed and squeezed her thigh.

"Yes, it is, but you don't have to worry." Amelia said, pulling int o Meredith's driveway. Ophelia just hummed and lifted Kiko as well as the bag of cat toys, and Amelia lifted the bag of presents, walking up to Ophelia and wrapping an arm around her waist.

"Don't go all Angry Fee on Cristina, please." She begged as she knocked the door. The sound of excited kids footsteps greeted them as Ophelia begrudgingly nodded, and Meredtih opened the door.

"Just because you guys don't live here anymore, doesn't mean you have to knock. Come in, come in." She ushered them into the house, ans the couple took off their shoes and coats, leaving them in the coat room.

"Is that a cat?"

They walked out to Maghie looking at them confused, but then her eyes landed on the ring on Ophelia's left hand.

"AND A RING?"

At that moment, a Korean woman walked out of the living, Bailey and Zola hot on her heels.

"You guys got engaged?" Meredith asked, clearly shocked.

"Um, yeah. This morning. And this, is Kiko." Ophelia said, introducing the cat to Zola, who was holding Kiko gently.

"She's so cute!" Ophelia then handed her the bag of cat toys, letting her run off with Bailey to the spare room.

"Hi. I'm Cristina Yang." The Korean woman said, stepping forward and holding out her hand for Ophelia shake.

The Latina just stared at her a few seconds, until Amelia nudged her and she took Cristina's hand. "Ophelia Lopez."

"So, everyone else is coming later, can I ask for you two to help in the kitchen?" Meredith said, directing it towards Maggie and Ophelia, who both nodded.

"Wait, why not me?" Amelia asked.

"The last dinner party, April had to take over from you." Ophelia pointed out.

"Well, we have to give the kids their presents." Amelia tried to reason. She secretly just didn't want Ophelia to leave her.

"We can give them to them later. Besides, they're playing with Kiko!" Ophelia gave her a quick kiss, before her and Maggie went to the kitchen, leaving Amelia and Cristina to sit awkwardly in the living room, making small talk.

When they were cooking they talked about basically irrelevant things, varying from patients to TV shows, and them Maghie asked how Amelia proposed, and Ophelia had to recap the whole story.

"Did you know Cristina was married to Owen?" Meredith said, cutting some vegetables.

"Like, the Owen who's coming here today?" Ophelia asked, checking the temprature of the turkey, befire beginning to carve it. Meredith turned to face her, finally realising what she had done.

"And April and Jackson will be here, and I heard April's bringing Ana." Maggie pointed out, peeling potatoes.

"Oh, crap." Ophelia said, "Callie and Arizona are coming, and their court date's soon. This is going to be one chaotic Christmas."

--------

It wasn't as chaotic as Ophelia thought it would be.

April had introduced Ana to Jackson, and they had hit it off almost immediately. Owen and Cristina did the awkward nod of acknowledgement, and Callie and Arizona just avoided each other. It seemed as though Jo and Alex and Ophelia and Amelia were the only couple without relationship issues there.

Ophelia must have told the story of how Amelia proposed to herabout a hundred times, and was grateful when Meredith told her to take the kids into the spare room to open their presents, as well as Sofia.

Bailey had gotten minature football net, as well as a softer football, in case he got hurt, Zola got a science kit because she had told Ophelia that she wanted to the volcano experiment with her.

"Mom won't let me do it here." She said sadly when she opened it.

"It's fine, you can come to mine and Auntie Fee-Li's one day and do it." Amelia said, grinning mischeviously, and Zola grinned just as cheekily back.

Sofia had gotten a glitter tattoo set, and insisted on giving Zola one as soon as possible, and Ellis got some toys to keep her entertained.

When they got back, the dinner was being served, so they took their seats, and Kiko fell asleep on the couch, laying on top of a pillow.

"So, Cristina, how's Shane?" Callie asked as they waited for their food to settle before they got desert.

"Who's Shane?" Amelia asked, and Ophelia was just as curious.

"Oh, my God, don't get me started about him." Jo groaned, taking a sip of wine, "He was in mine and Stephanie's residency class, and he was so annoying."

"Mhm. Do you think he felt guilty about Heather? Maybe that's why he left." Stephanie asked.

"Yeah, probably. I'm glad he left, anyway. Did you know he-"

"He was a resident that went with Cristina when she left for Switzerland." Owen explained, and Amelia nodded, understanding.

"Why does your hospital have so much drama?" Ana asked, "I kind of want to become a doctor just so I can work there and hear all the gossip."

Everyone laughed, until Meredith broke the silence. "Oh, guess who scrubbed in on mine and Arizona's surgery yesterday? McRebound."

"No way! McRebound was in the same OR as you?" Callie said through her laughs, "Did she say anything?"

"No, but she kept looking at her weird, it was really awkward." Arizona replied. Despite the awkwardness, she sould still gossip with Callie.

"I saw the girl George saved the other day. She was at the graveyard. Sobbing at his grave. Still." Alex said, dying of laughter as Meredith followed suit.

"Okay, can someone please explain?" Ophelia asked, and, after many pauses she was told all the drama for Meredith's intern year up until now.

"Holy crap."

"Yeah, that kind of explains it." April said.

"I fucking love your hospital." Ana sighed, "Not all the stuff that happened, obviously, but-"

"Honey, they know what you mean." April said gently, squeezing Ana's hand.

They then ate their desert, and everyone began to slowly leave, until it was only Ophelia and Amelia left.

"Well, we had a lot of fun." Ophelia said, picking up Kiko as Zola packed all the cat toys away.

"Yeah, and congratulations on your engagement!" Meredith said once again, hugging Amelia.

"Thank you! We should probably go, Ellis looks like she's about to fall out of her high chair." They all looked at the toddler, who did indeed look like she was about to fall out of her high chair.

The couple left, and made their way home, feeling content about their day.

--------

1707 words

GUYS I WROTE OVER 1000 WORDS FOR THIS CHAP

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 45 25
Arizona and Callie have been divorced for a year and a half now. Callie has decided to move on but Arizona hasn't yet. Amelia becomes chief of neuro...
546K 14.4K 50
i don't really like to talk about iraq {lowercase intended} oc x mark sloan ©olivia simpson 2020
43.3K 1.6K 16
You're holding me like water in your hands. grey's anatomy s1━s9 mark sloan & female oc
1.3M 33.7K 98
❝I'm not going anywhere, because you're the one.❞ She was the fall he had always desired. He was the warmth she never knew she needed. They were love...