33

Amelia and Ophelia were currently trying to build the furniture for their house, but with three kids running around, and two stressed out women, it was proving to be very difficult.

"Merry, please tell Ellis that screwdrivers are not for playing with." Ophelia said, grabbing the screwdriver that the toddler was about to put in her mouth. Meredith came running the corner, leaving Maggie with Bailey and Zola.

"So sorry, LiLi, go back to..." Meredith trailed off, looking at whatever the Latina was trying to build, "...that."

"Thanks." Ophelia said as she left with Ellis, turning back to face Amelia, who sighed.

"I'm sorry, I thought Mer would give Alex and Jo the kids, and it would just be her and Maggie coming, sorry." Amelia said, keeping her eyes on the screw she was balancing so she could screw it in.

"Hey, hey." Ophelia said, setting her tools down and placing a hand on top of Amelia's, "I don't mind, truly. It makes this empty house seem less... empty?" 

Amelia laughed, grateful for the distraction, and they got back to building what was going to be their unit to place their TV on. 

A while later, they were attempting to make lunch for everyone with the very few kitchen utensils that they had.

"Okay, we have bread..." Amelia said, opening a cupboard, "... some bread, and more bread. Oph, why do you have so much bread?"

"Because bread is nice, and we also have Nutella, so everyone can have Nutella sandwiches." Ophelia said, pulling out the jar and the pack of bread.

"Nutella sandwiches for lunch!" Amelia yelled, and there were excited yells from the kids, and Meredith and Maggie galred at the two.

Once everyone was fed, the adults went about setting up the dust sheets so that Amelia and Ophelia could paint after they had left, and the kids played a game of tag around the house, although Ellis just sort of crawled after her older siblings.

"Okay, kids, time to go!" Meredith called out, going to go find them, knowing Bailey would be reluctant to leave. There were reluctant cries and scrambling, as the kids were trying to hide so that they could stay.

"Oh my God, I will be so glad when they go to sleep." Maggie chuckled, running a hand across her forehead.

"Sometimes I'm glad I don't live with you guys anymore." Ophelia said, setting up a little stepladder that they had borrowed from Owen, "But then I remember that I don't live with you guys anymore. At least I'll get a full night's sleep now without Ellis waking me."

Ophelia's bedroom used to share a wall with Ellis', and every time Ellis woke up, se would wake up Ophelia, which would in turn wake Amelia wake up, seeing as they normally shared a bed.

"That's true. Well, I better go help Mer, enjoy painting." Maggie said, before rushing off to go help Meredith put the kids in the car.

"Okay, don't get me wrong, I love them, but-" Ophelia began.

"But you're glad they're gone?"

"So fucking glad."

"Good, because it means I can do this." Amelia placed her hands on Ophelia's hips and pulled her closer, a sly smile on her face.

"Do what?" Ophelia taunted.

Amelia leaned a little bit closer, and whispered something in Ophelia's ear that made her go a little bit weak at the knees.

"But, we have walls to paint." Amelia said, pulling away and pouring some paint into a tray, before picking up a roller.

"You're such a bitch." Ophelia grumbled, picking up a brush a climbing the stepladder to paint the parts of the wall that met the ceiling.

She had nearly finished painting, when she leaned a little bit too far forward, and the ladder wobbled slightly, making her fall backwards, but a pair of hands broke her fall.

"Always saving you, aren't I?" Amelia smirked as Ophelia turned around to face her.

"My knight in shining armour." The Latina replied, pressing her lips against her girlfriends.

--------

655 words

thought that was a cute ending