6

12x05

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?

Ophelia turned away from the door, rushing back into the kitchen.

"Hey, you OK? You look like you've seen a ghost." Amelia asked her, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

She could hear Meredith talking to the pair in the hall. "Yeah... yeah, I'm good." She replied. She poured herself a glass of white wine and then chugged the whole thing.

"Yeah, you're not OK." Amelia said. She took the bottle and the glass and set them away from Ophelia.

"Oh, come on, it was my first glass." Ophelia complained.

"Yes, but you and I both know that you are a lightweight, and that one glass will have gotten you tipsy for the rest of the night." Amelia said.

"Where's Maggie?" Stephanie asked.

"I'm here, I'm here, I'm here!" Maggie said, rushing into the room with a couple of boxes in her one of her hands, a bottle in the other and her chin keeping the boxes in place.

"Where have you been?" Amelia asked. Ophelia took this chance to pour herself another bottle of wine, chugging it before Amelia could see.

"I just... I wasn't... I'm here, okay?" Maggie said, "Except, God, I have to pee!"

"Listen, people are arriving and this all still looks like ingredients." Amelia told her, waving her hand over the ingredients on the kitchen island, "Do you have an ETA on dinner?"

"You could roll up your sleeves and start chopping something!" Maggie reasoned.

"Food prep has never been my strong suit." Amelia replied, smiling sarcastically, "I keep the guests happy. I'm of you're front-of-house kind of gal."

"This dinner's gonna be a disaster." Alex laughed. Ophelia nodded her head in agreement, pointing at him.

"Everybody stop talking." Maggie ordered. Everyone fell silent, "Meredith, you take over. I got to pee!"

Maggie rushed up the stairs to the bathroom. "Were you going to do something with those?" Stephanie asked Meredith, who was walking around aimlessly, with two wine glasses in her hands.

"Uh... yes! Club soda with lime for Torresn and white wine for her... friend." Meredith said, handing the glasses to Amelia.

"She's here? Is she nice?" Amelia asked her excitedly.

"This bottle's empty. Are there more? Bottles?" Arizona asked, pouring the last of the wine bottle.

"Ari, I only got two glasses out of that, come on!" Ophelia whined to the peds surgeon, who pulled an apologetic look.

"The place looks nice, Mer. I like the whole where the wall was." Alex said.

"Thank you so much. Can I get you two a drink? Margarita, wine, beer?" Meredith asked. Ophelia pulled a face. Meredith was acting weird, and it wans't because of the stress of dinner.

"A margarita would be awesome." Jo said.

"Okay, you got it." Meredith said, slamming the fridge door closed.

"What's wrong? You're being weird." Alex asked.

"Oh, my God, I just thought that!" Ophelia said to him happily.

"A beer and a margarita coming right up." Meredith said, setting the blender up for Jo's margarita.

"She's being weird, right?" Alex asked the two women beside him.