Pokemon: Dreams Come True

By WellThisIsPointless

The Sinnoh region holds many tales about the great and beautiful Cynthia, the reigning Champion. She was reno... More

Prologue: Why I Hate Them
Chapter 1: Rejection
Chapter 2: Terror
Chapter 3: Rekindle
Chapter 4: True Beginning
Chapter 5: Moment of Truth
Chapter 6: New Trainer
Chapter 7: A Journey
Chapter 8: Conflict
Chapter 9: Trouble in Viridian Forest
Chapter 10: Two Siblings
Chapter 11: Catching Ralts Part 1
Chapter 12: Catching Ralts Part 2
Chapter 13: A Heartfelt Discussion
Chapter 14: Pewter City, At Last
Chapter 15: Pewter City Gym Part 1
Chapter 16: Pewter City Gym Part 2
Chapter 17: The Thing I Wanted To Forget
Chapter 18: Aerodactyl's Rage
Chapter 19: Mega Bonds
Chapter 20: Ass Ketchup
Chapter 21: Ambiguous
Chapter 22: Showdown at Mount Moon
Chapter 23: Bitter Hatred
Chapter 24: Misty Waters
Chapter 25: Revenge Seeker
Chapter 26: Gym Battle of the Crashing Wave
Chapter 27: Path to Vermillion
Chapter 28: The Hunt
Chapter 29: For Hire
Chapter 30: Surging Gym Battle
Chapter 31: The Dawn of a New Beginning
Chapter 32: Eerie Whispers
Chapter 33: Colossal Problems
Chapter 34: Chills
Chapter 35: Ghostly Chaos
Chapter 36: What Once Was
Chapter 37: Unwelcome Reunion
Chapter 38: Spectacle
Chapter 39: Darken
Chapter 40: Hail the Nightmare
Chapter 41: Vali Hates His Life
Chapter 42: Ferocious Hatchling and Overgrown Gym Battle
Chapter 43: Remembrance
Chapter 44: Remembrance Part 2
Chapter 45: Miracles of Evolution
Chapter 46: Rift
Chapter 47: Underground City
Chapter 48: Discovery
Chapter 50: Growth
Chapter 51: Bounty Hunter
Chapter 52: Piece of the Puzzle
Chapter 53: Toxic Gym Battle

Chapter 49: Shadow Garden

366 17 75
By WellThisIsPointless

After the whole ordeal in Grampa Canyon, Brock, Trinity, and I did not utter a single word until we were completely safe. Once we saw the dregs of sunlight on our skin, we finally dared to exhale with relief.

"It's one life-or-death battle to another," Trinity muttered. "Are we really that unlucky?"

"Hey, cheer up," I said, "at least we get stronger. Besides, we captured some pretty powerful Pokemon, too."

Trinity snorted. "Well, yeah. Just wish we didn't have to risk our lives all the time."

I shrugged. "Most things that are worth it require some sacrifice."

Trinity raised one eyebrow. "That was actually kind of wise."

"Damn, it was?"

Trinity smirked. "Professor Cerise better give us some good money for this."

"So we can make horrible financial decisions?" I asked with a small smile.

"Yep!"

Brock shook his head with a humorous smile. "Anyway, can we talk about what an Arceus Plate was doing there?"

"I'm surprised you know about it," I said.

I wasn't going to tell him everything. He knew about the Arceus Plates, so I had no reason to try to hide it.

Trinity and I locked eyes for a moment, silent words being spoken.

"I will tell you everything later," I promised her.

Trinity's gaze softened, and she averted her eyes.

I decided I would tell her about Giratina and the mission it gave me. If there was anyone I could trust, it was Trinity. I knew she trusted me enough to tell me about her problems, so I just had to be patient until then.

We had a conversation pending, and the two of us were going to be completely honest.

Trust was difficult, especially for us. Trinity's concern for me overpowered her cautiousness, which is why she wanted me to talk about my past with her. I was surprised at how well she knew me, that I would hold everything in until I was at the breaking point.

To be honest, it was cathartic to talk to her about my trauma. After so many years of being alone, it felt good to know that someone other than my dad cares.

I knew that Trinity knew she could confide with me with whatever. She was like a sister to me, after all.

"I heard about the Arceus Plates in a book I read that Professor Cerise had lying around," I lied. "They seemed interesting to me at first. It made me want to collect them."

Brock nodded. "They're powerful, that's for sure. Was another reason Cerise sent you to Grampa Canyon?

"No, I didn't even know it was there." That wasn't a lie.

"Why did it look like you were in pain when you grabbed the Plate?"

I already had a lie to answer that. "I don't know. Maybe humans aren't able to use them? Or maybe they reject certain people."

"Huh, that's strange," Brock muttered. "How did Damos and Ash manage to hold the Jewel of Life?"

My blood went cold. "The Jewel of Life?"

Brock nodded seriously. "This might take a bit to explain."

"We still have some time until we make it to the Pokemon center," Trinity pointed out.

Brock began to tell us the story of how him, Ash, and Dawn all met some weird girl who could speak to the hearts of Pokemon and summoned the fucking God of Time Dialga just to save Pikachu and Piplup from a whirlpool. Then Dialga fought the fucking God of Space Palkia in the middle of Alamos town, bringing Giratina—I fought to keep my face blank at this part—into the conflict.

The Creation Trio fought with God itself to stop it from destroying humanity after the girl Sheena realizes that she had a fake Jewel of Life—which was made by merging five Plates and was originally given to a guy named Damos by Arceus to show its gratitude after saving it when it expended all its energy to stop a meteor from destroying all of humanity—and Dialga sends them back in time to fix everything.

Okay, how the fuck did God use up all its energy to stop a meteor? Didn't it create the universe? That was some stupid logic.

So Damos was hypnotized by a Bronzong, which belonged to some guy named Marcus, into attacking Arceus when it asked for the Jewel of Life back because Marcus was a dumbass who though defying God was a good idea.

A lot of bullshit time travel shenanigans happened, but they eventually defeat Marcus and gave Arceus back the Jewel of Life using Sheena—who was Damos' descendent—and Damos' asspull communicating-with-Pokemon ability.

Ash didn't get hurt when handling the Jewel of Life. I knew the Arceus Plate had rejected me because I was the Chosen One of Giratina, but I wasn't going to tell Brock that.

"And Damos made a mural of us as thanks for helping him save the world," Brock said cheerfully, as if he was talking about what he ate for breakfast and not that humanity was almost wiped out because of some dumbass.

We really almost got nuked by God because some idiotic asshat wanted their Clash of Clans base to look better.

***

The three of us stopped at the Pokemon Center at Neon Town and ate some dinner before settling in for the night in our rooms. Like always, Trinity and I shared a room.

Some people might think it's weird for us to share a room, but Trinity and I are like siblings at this point. We're more comfortable with each other than with anybody else. It's been this way since the first time we shared a room. Besides, it's not like anything weird is going to happen.

"Goodnight," I yawned from the top bunk.

"Night," Trinity said warmly.

Eevee licked my face curled on my chest like always. I pat her on the head, and she exhaled softly, taking comfort like always. I noticed faint sparks of electricity crackle around her as I petted her.

"Whoa, control your electricity," I said with a wry smile. "Leave the shocking to Pikachu."

"Pika?" Pikachu's questioning voice rang from below me.

"Nothing, don't worry about it," I tried to snicker. Eevee was covering her mouth with her tail in an attempt to hide her laughter.

"Just go to sleep," Trinity muttered.

"Yes, Mom," I said sardonically.

Trinity grumbled something I couldn't hear but stopped talking altogether.

I smirked and closed my eyes, allowing the shadow of slumber to overtake me, as was its wont.

***

A tenebrous curtain was draped over my consciousness. Streaks of purple light pulsed through the dark sky above. Occasionally, I heard haunted howls echoing from the distance. Distant shapes I couldn't make out frequently flew through the sky, disappearing moments later.

"What? Where am I?" I wondered, looking around the void I found myself in.

"Welcome, my Chosen One. You have finally made it," a voice boomed from behind me.

I whipped around, my eyes training on the source of the voice. My eyes widened at the grand sight in front of me.

"Giratina," I intoned. "You finally show your face to me."

A twinkle of emotion crossed its eyes. "I have been waiting for you for a long time. It seems that my messages have reached you."

"You have a lot you have to tell me," I said, crossing my arms.

"You want answers, I understand," Giratina said sincerely. "Ask away. I promise you I will answer your questions as long as the information will not put you in danger."

I nodded. "First of all, where are we?"

"Ah, this place?" Giratina chuckled. "I call this the Shadow Garden. Where all my Chosen Ones gather their souls. It is located in the Distortion Realm, my domain."

The Shadow Garden was a floating island in the middle of the void-like expanse. The sky surrounding us was black that flickered with ghastly purple lights. Various types of flowers bordered a paved pathway of gray stone. Their colors were dark and gritty, ranging from the deepest shades of black, to the color of amethysts. It was a sight that was as beautiful as it was dreadful.

Standing at the back of the island was a cabin made out of onyx-colored wood. Torches that glowed with Will-O-Wisps were hung all around the walls.

I had no idea where the Distortion Realm was, but it was obviously a different dimension than I was used to.

I looked around, my eyes wide. "Wait, they're here? Where?"

Giratina chuckled boomingly. "They won't appear until you meet them."

"How would I meet them if they're dead?"

"They are watching you and your accomplishments. They will come to you when they think you're ready."

My eyes narrowed. "Everyone here was a villain, right?"

Giratina sighed tiredly, its expression darkening. "I am ashamed to admit this, but yes, every Chosen One of mine has committed atrocities that put the entire universe at risk. It was my fault. I was bitter and angry. I was spiteful. I hated Arceus and its Chosen Ones. But they are always destined to win. And we are always destined to lose."

"Then why do you think I can do anything?"

"Because like you, I have a hope that you exist outside of fate. That with your own strength you can restore the honor of the legacy you have inherited. I didn't choose you randomly; my Chosen Ones have always been of your bloodline. You are the one that will redeem it." Giratina's crimson eyes flashed with pride. "I have seen you. I have faith in you."

A warm feeling blossomed in my heart. "You've always been watching over me, huh?"

"Since the day you were born," Giratina admitted. "Your mother gave me to you. I sent her a vision when she was pregnant with you. I am her bloodline's patron—I have always been."

"Wait... so Cynthia gave me to you?"

"I know you resent her. I don't know why she neglected you like that." Giratina sighed. "But you will need her. Because of her strength and because of what I gave her."

My expression darkened. "What did you give her?"

"One of the Plates. The Ghost-type one. I wanted to talk to you about them," it explained.

"You gave her one of the Plates?" I sighed, clenching my fists. "Why?"

"To safeguard it. Our enemies want to collect them. Their leader has already defeated Arceus, and I'm holding the other off. I cannot win, but I can buy you time. Keep in mind, if it discovers I don't have any Plates, it will come after you and tear down everything in its path."

It was acting as a decoy, then, until I could collect all of the Plates. But it made me wonder what collecting all the Plates would do. Maybe getting them all in one place would cause some phenomenon to happen, like the Dragon Balls, or the Infinity Stones, or the Chaos Emeralds.

"How are you here?" I asked. "You said you were fighting one of our enemies."

"You are speaking to a piece of my being," it said. "I cannot spare much power when in the face of our enemies. But I can communicate if we need to unless I'm forced to use all my power. If that happens, then it will be a matter of urgency."

I finally decided to ask my million-Pokedollar question. "What happens once we collect all of the Plates?"

Giratina sighed wearily. "They are pieces of Arceus' true power. It scatters them around the world to maintain balance. They help Trainers in need, but they always return to Arceus. But their true power isn't able to be utilized unless Arceus' power is needed. And right now, we do need them. Trainers have collected them before, but they've never found out about their true nature. They don't understand what they truly are, other than that they come from Arceus."

It eyed me seriously. "The Plates are the fragments of Arceus' soul."

I let that sink in, eyeing the pocket of shadow that always follows me—the place I kept the only Plate I had. "You're telling me I'm carrying around a piece of God's soul?"

Giratina nodded. "Precisely. It is an Arceus Soul Fragment. The seals placed on all of them are lifted. You have to collect them before some lunatic unleashes their power."

"What a pain in the ass," I shook my head, trying not to let the weight of this task get to me. "You still haven't answered my question."

"Once you collect all of the Plates, you need to combine them to make the Ultimate Plate—the completed soul of Arceus. I believe Arceus calls it the 'Legend Plate.'"

I pondered that for a moment. If there were as many Plates as there were types, then there are eighteen Plates. Once they were collected, I would theoretically have a plate with the power of every type. But then what? Would I use it?

Then it hit me.

"We need to give it back to Arceus, right?" I guessed, knowing that it was the most probable solution.

"Yes, you are correct," it nodded grimly, "You must present it to the Original One and restore its full power. If this fails, then nothing will be able to stop our enemy. The universe—no, the multiverse will be stripped of order. It will reign supreme, and nothing would be able to go against it."

"But... who are our enemies? Why are they challenging Arceus?"

Giratina's expression went stone cold. "My Chosen One, if you value your sanity, do not ask me that again. Not until you have at least five Plates. They are not for mortals to look at."

I would have pressed for more information, but I knew Giratina was right. It wouldn't do anything to put me in danger. "Fine. But you will not keep me in the dark any longer than that."

Giratina's countenance changed into something that vaguely resembled a smile. "Of course. You will know immediately after. You are going to need to know what we are up against, anyway."

We were engulfed in silence once more, Giratina patiently waiting for me to ask more questions.

"Where is Arceus' Chosen One?" I asked. "We need their help. They can't make me do their work while their patron is captured."

"I wish I knew, Vali," Giratina admitted solemnly. "But I do not. If Arceus has one, it hasn't revealed them. And since it cannot tell us at the moment, we are going to have to search for them, too."

"So in the end we have to do all the work." My eyes widened as I realized what that implied. "That means..."

Giratina nodded plaintively. "That means we are the only ones standing in our enemies' way. We are the only ones who can save us from absolute destruction."

"The villains must now become the heroes," I concluded softly.

"How ironic," it wryly chuckled.

"I think you've told me everything I need to know—" I paused as I remembered something. "Wait, Giratina, you're the one responsible for the Frenzy hundreds of years ago, right?"

"Yes, your ancestor, the first Shadowed Soul and my first Chosen One, made a contract with me many years ago. I caused the Space-Time Rift to open in a failed attempt to drive Arceus out. But Arceus used that against me and summoned his Chosen One to stop us."

"So it was my ancestor after all," I said, confirming something. I had a suspicion ever since Beatrice told me a bit about our family history. But Giratina mentioning that only the people in my bloodline can become his Chosen Ones cemented that speculation.

"The contract we made extended past his death and seeped into his descendants. Now here we are, talking in my domain."

"Were you the one who Frenzied some of the Pokemon we fought?" I asked.

"No," it shook its head. "One of our enemies did that."

"But I thought only you can—"

"I am not the only one," it cut me off.

I sighed, but let the topic go. "And what about the strange Pokemon with the black-and-purple aura?"

"I do not know that, either. Only one instance of that phenomenon has ever happened throughout our history, and it was manmade."

"In other words, we don't know anything?" I grumbled.

"Let us focus on what we do know. Our upmost priority is collecting the Arceus Soul Fragments. Fight off every Frenzied or "corrupted" Pokemon you meet like usual. We will find answers eventually, but for now we must be patient."

I tentatively nodded. "I hate being in the dark."

"Don't we all?" Giratina said wryly. "You are about to wake up, so we must cut our conversation short. We will still be able to communicate mentally, but to speak as thoroughly as we are now, you have to be asleep."

"Right," I said. "I'll see you later, I guess."

"Farewell, my Chosen One. We will talk soon."

I waved at it just as the shadows leapt toward me, as if meeting an old friend. They wrapped around me, covering me completely. They felt warm, like a recently washed blanket.

But before my head was covered, I spotted a man with the same blonde hair and gray eyes I had. He even had the same bang covering his left eye as me.

***

The next morning, Trinity and I woke up and took turns taking a shower, letting our Pokemon rest until we were ready to leave.

It took a few moments to fully wake up Eevee and Pikachu, but once they were on our shoulders, we walked out of our room and headed to the lobby of the Pokemon Center.

Brock was waiting for us.

"You're going to leave, right?" he asked us.

"We have to report to Professor Cerise, so we can't stick around," I explained.

"But we'll see you later, right?" Trinity asked.

"Of course," Brock grinned. "It was fun battling alongside you two. I didn't expect you two to get this strong so quickly. You said you guys only have four badges, right? You're way stronger than anyone else with four badges."

"We'll beat you even when you're not holding back soon enough," I said confidently, smirking. "Just you wait."

"Your spirit is almost as rock hard as mine!"

"Take care, Brock," Trinity raised her hand in farewell, chuckling.

Brock crossed his arms, still smiling. "See you guys later!"

"You better leave Nurse Joy alone when we leave," I said as Trinity and I began walking away.

"No promises," Brock said with obvious mirth.

I shook my head with a grin as we walked out of the Pokemon Center. I took out Kirlia from her Pokeball soon after.

"Hey, girl, would you mind teleporting us?"

Kirlia nodded, smiling at me, grabbing onto both Trinity and I.

Another task done.

I had a feeling it would only get more dangerous from here on out.

***

In Vermilion City...

Gabriel arrived at Vermilion city, yawning loudly. His fiery red hair—the same exact color as Trinity's—shone in the sun's intense rays. His emerald eyes scanned the sprawling city, recognition clear in them.

"Didn't think I would come back here so soon," Gabriel muttered, putting his hand in his pockets. "But my little sis and that jackass is here."

He patently ignored the misty-eyed gazes of the girls and even older women around him, mesmerized by his good looks. He even ignored the envious glares of the men.

He had one thought in his mind.

"Let's see if Vali got any stronger."

Memories flashed in his mind, making his expression darken.

"You better put up a better fight.

Meanwhile, a few feet away from him, a tall dark-skinned guy with spiky black hair and eyes walked alongside a Grimmsnarl.

He looked at the tiny, light object in his hand. It was feather that was a kaleidoscope of colors, shining like a brilliant rainbow.

It was called the Rainbow Wing, and it came from the Legendary Pokemon Ho-Oh. He was the Rainbow Hero, and it was his destiny to find and fight the Silver Hero.

"They're somewhere nearby," he said. "But where? It could be anyone."

The Rainbow Wing and the Silver Wing were drawn to each other, so the ones who held them could search for each other for when they inevitably had to fight.

These two boys were looking for someone.

But they didn't know it was the same person.

End of the "Grampa Canyon Arc" (Mini Arc)

----------------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry this took so long to upload. But we're back.

Gabriel and Grim are back and will appear again next chapter.

Vali now has a clear goal: heal Arceus by returning all its Plates to it.

As always, if you have any suggestions for Pokemon, characters, and locations you want to see next, then by all means comment them. I would love to see what you think.

I said before that the plot is going be move much smoother from now on. Tasks and intermission arcs won't take as long.

Vali and Trinity are way stronger than Trainers with four badges ought to be.

But anyway, that's all for now. I'll see you all next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50K 768 40
If Leon vs. Alain, or the Tournament in the anime is not your cup of tea, why not read another version of the Masters 8? The story continues from Pok...
41 1 5
More adventurous Pokemon story with a deep interesting plot with original OCs and fan favourite characters. This is an original plot and a bunch of...
20.3K 1.2K 28
[Male Reader x Pokémon] The world of Pokémon. A world filled with monsters capable of mass destruction and violence. Somehow Humanity created a way t...
272K 6.4K 60
After travelling back to Kanto from a long holiday with his Mom, Ash finds all of his friends in the Kanto region. They all meet and discover a tourn...