Girls // 5SOS

By BritishBums

▪ "Have you guys ever considered competition with other bands in the music industry?" The interviewer asks th... More

Girls // 5SOS
1 - banding
2 - world-war-twitter
3 - MSG and morning surprises
4 - sucky solutions
5 - "what he's cute?"
6 - battle of the sexes
7 - sisters before misters
8 - free pizza
9 - simple but effective
10 - literal dickheads
11 - two truths and a lie
12 - gives you hell
13 - broken hearts and pink hair
14 - mess
15 - partay
16 - holy boobs
17 - clifford the big red dog
18 - the apology cake
19 - liar liar
20 - free falls
21 - bigfoot?
22 - good-girls-are-not-so-good-girls
23 - bruh? bruh.
24 - teenage queen and bigfoot-age
25 - never be
26 - 7 things I hate about Calum
27 - plan
28 - the C word
29 - if it means a lot to you
30 - cliffhangers are so
31 - christmas and mistletoe kisses
32 - surprise presents and tough decisions
33 - backseat serenade
34 - hot cheetos and secute texts
35 - bloody hell, Rose
36 - tight jeans and love songs
37 - dating for dummies
38 - fall out cara
39 - tensions and supernatural
40 - if i'm james dean, you're audrey hepburn
41 - hey purple
42 - battle of the bands
43 - not the hair!
44 - remember.
45 - bag of dildos
46 - where's Tess?
47 - i wish that i could wake up with..
48 - i'll find the words to say
Wattys 2015!
50 - thanks for the memories
51 - she's kinda hot though
52 - girls like girls
53 - the elevator of death
54 - game time
55 - shocks and jams
56 - broken pieces
57 - RJ and mikey's socks
58 - little do you know
59 - safety pin
60 - it means a lot to me
61 - a love like war
62 - outer space / carry on
63 - sounds lit feels lit
64 - girlfriend
65 - the arcaders
66 - happy birth, luke hamstrings
67 - rogues
68 - a second first time
69 - the writer
epilogue

49 - in another life

56.7K 3.5K 1.6K
By BritishBums

.

CARA'S POV

.

I tried to run away, knowing Luke would be coming after me and yes he did.

I already felt tears in my eyes as I did, and I soon slowed down, just feeling completely weak.

Luke took my arm in between his fingers as he turned me around.

He was shocked when he saw me crying as I tugged my arm out of his grasp.

"Let go of me.'' I whispered.

"I can't." His voice came out soft as well, making me tense. I knew what he meant.

"Luke I'm so tired of constantly going back and forth. It's either you leave for good, anf not come back or stay for good." My voice cracked as I held a hand to my forehead frustratedly. "I need you to leave. You boys have been nothing but a distraction to all of us, haven't you noticed?"

I was hesitant with my words, knowing I was lying because just a few days ago I was crying about losing Luke and how empty it actually felt without him.

"Haven't you noticed?"

"What? What haven't I noticed." I breathed out, closing my eyes.

In that moment he neared me and took my wrists into his hands.

My eyes shoot open as his blue ones met mine.

"You and me? We're what keeps our bands sane."

"You're insane." I hit back, turning away.

"Listen to me for a second Cara." He pleaded.

"I gave you way too many chances. You blew every single one."

"I just want you to look at me while I say this." Luke says slowly and his voice was what somehow urged my subconscious to turn my face right back and look him in the eyes.

I felt tears prick at my eyes as I glance at him, a blank yet empty expression on my face.

"What could you possibly say to make this all better?" I whispered. I almost wished he'd say something that would solve every single problem we had but I've lost all hope. It wasn't possible.

"This isn't going to help." He said, his hands never releasing the grip from my wrists. "But I will always be here for you. I don't care if you think I should go, and I don't care if you never want to see my face again. It's always the band first I get it, but.. Maybe you're the exception. And maybe, I don't care if I kissed you. Right now."

"Luke--"

I was cut off when I felt his lips meet mine gently.

"Luke." I murmured against his lips, but I couldn't get myself to pull away.

I kissed him back. And before I knew it, the sensation of his lips against mine left.

"I'm sorry. I.. I don't know what else to say but that. If one day you change your mind I'll always be here." He nods, smiling weakly.

He was letting go. I thought he came here to change my mind, but it seemed he had already given up on ever getting me back.

And that's just how it was supposed to be.

Dramatic, I know. I even thought this was way too dramatic. But those four boys were toxic to us, basically. It wasn't healthy for our friendships, nor was it healthy for our band's reputation.

If they weren't the band we had went against all this time, it honestly would be so easy. I actually imagined a life where we weren't in bands, and maybe me and Luke met in a different life.

.

***

"Wake me up, saying nothing's enough, I'm dying to live!" Tess and I sang at the top of our lungs, as I cheered so loudly.

We were at an All Time Low concert, one of our favorite bands. Finally we got to see them live, though. Honestly, it would be so cool to even meet them.. Like that would happen. We're just a bunch of basic girls, that's it.

"Fuck me Alex!" Tess yelled, making me laugh. Alex glanced at her making me completely freak out and just wave like a madman. Actually.. A mad-woman.

He just smiled at her before continuing to belt out the lyrics to the rest of the song.

"Oh my god!" I yelled as Tess grinned.

"Now that was bold." She smirked.

Before we had gotten here, we were thinking of possibilities to get their attention, and Tess clearly won.

We sang to the rest of the song, me jumping up and down.

This was probably the best night of my life, there I said it.

"This was way better than going to that stupid amateur contest anyway!" Tess shouted into my ear.

"Battle of The Bands?" I yelled back at her. And then I nodded. "Yeah! Way better!" I agreed.

"I mean us? Famous?" Tess chuckled. "No way, we don't even have a drummer or an extra guitarist."

"True." I agreed, but I couldn't keep my eyes off the band playing before us.

.

"Cara!"

"What?" I shouted back at Tess, glancing at her.

"Someone's staring at you." She coo'd, making me roll my eyes.

"Yeah sure. Where?" I asked anyway. It was flattering, knowing a boy would even look at me. At an All Time Low concert.

"Over there." Tess pointed as I searched the crowd to find a blonde boy a distance across from us, staring at me.. Admiringly? Couldn't be.

I felt myself blush as the blue eyed boy smiled at me, his dimple prominent even in this dim light.

I smiled back as flirtatiously as I could but I believe I failed badly.

His friend with brown hair had also looked over and nudged his friend almost teasingly as the boy laughed with him.

.

Throughout the concert, I'd occasionally glance back at him, and him at me and oh god. I hated how he'd catch me in the act every single time I attempted to look over.

Before I knew it, they were playing the last song as I gasped when everyone began freaking out, including me and Tess of course.

"I need someone to come right up, here! Ah you!" Alex randomly pointed and it so happened to be right in my direction.

"Me?" I pointed at myself, shocked.

"Yes you, hot blonde. Hey man can you lift her up!" Jack hollered at the security guard, Tess shrieking and shoving me forward.

We were pretty near the stage so I had to move through a few people but soon got to the security guard who easily lifted me onto the stage.

"Woah!" I laughed, stumbling slightly.

"What's your name?" Jack asked.

"Cara." I spoke into the mic, smiling nervously.

"Ah well, why do you think you're up here?" Alex asked next.

"Umm I--"

"Don't scare the poor girl, jesus guys." Rian chuckled from the back of his drums making the crowd laugh and cheer me on.

Oh, well then.

"We want you to play the guitar to Dear Maria Count Me In. If you don't know how to play that's fine too.'' Jack winked jokingly making me laugh.

"Don't over do it, man. You're such a dork." Alex chuckled as he walked over to me. "You know how to play?"

"Yeah. Little bit." I lied, I've been playing guitar ever since I was eight.

"Good enough." Jack nodded, slinging his guitar over me.

Tess was currently taking a bunch of pictures and videos, obviously this was unforgettable.

.

Once I began playing the chords to Dear Maria Count Me In, the band cheered me on as Jack gasped.

"Holy, I found my wife guys forget you!" He joked, making everyone laugh, including me.

Alex began to sing, Zack and Rian playing as well.

By the end of the song I think I was just completely feeling the song until I had jumped right into the crowd and began to crowd surf.

What happens at an ATL concert clearly stays at an ATL concert, right?

Pretty soon, I was right above the blonde boy and his friend, as he grinned at me, staring at me in that way again.

I smirked at him as he had yelled one thing.

"I'm Luke!" He hollered.

"Cara!" I yelled back, before the crowd had lifted me back up onto the stage.

.

***

If only it would be that easy, in that case even though either of the bands wouldn't have come to even exist, I'd still get to meet Luke and we wouldn't have to all hate each other.

Although thinking about it, Tess and I would have never gotten to be best friends with Rose and Jenna without Battle of The Bands..

I realized Luke had already walked away and he was now a distance away down the hospital corridors.

"Luke!" I called, as he turned around. I saw the hope in his eyes.. He nearly begged that I'd say something that would change this.

But this wasn't another life. This wasn't the life I had imagined.

"I..I'm sorry too." I managed to say, and his face fell.

Luke nods, smiling. "It's gonna be okay."

No.. No it's not.

Once he had turned back around and walked away, I felt the tears I had been trying to hold back, leave my eyes.

I sobbed, looking down at my old converse, biting down on my lip.

.

______________________________

A/N:

Hey guys! If you like this fanfic and happen to have a twitter vote for this fanfiction by sharing it onto twitter with the hashtag #Wattys2015!

My twitter is @ BritishBums_ as well (:

Thank you so much if you do ily ahhh

But this chapter had so many emotions omfg more like one but hdjsjdj

All the italics in the chapter was what Cara imagined as the 'perfect life' meeting Luke. But with meeting Luke had to mean that Girls Like Boys never existed nor did 5 Seconds of Summer :(

Omfg but yeah I hoped you liked it!

Thanks for reading ♡

.

- BritishBums xox

P.S. I think I've said this, but sorry if there are ever any typos!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

974K 16.8K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
320K 20.4K 84
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.3M 32.1K 53
Ryan, a 17 year old teenage girl is hired to work with Lou Teasdale. She's excited. She will be able to get intern hours and very little pay which wi...
6.3M 54.2K 53
"It wasn't like I was a hater or anything, I just had better things to do than stalk One Direction's Twitter and Facebook page." Ella Strauss once sa...