Just Pucking Money [COMPLETED]

By SofiaMKay

They're on opposite ends of the financial spectrum. Complete contrasts when it comes to popularity. And their... More

Chapter 1 - Past mistakes and a new start
Chapter 2 - The last year
Chapter 3 - Spoiled roommates
Chapter 4 - A friendly party?
Chapter 5 - The hunt begins
Chapter 6 - Working at Lucky's
Chapter 7 - Finding her
Chapter 8 - And the issues pile on...
Chapter 10 - It's a date
Chapter 11 - Early
Chapter 12 - The goodnight kiss
Chapter 13 - Two parties
Chapter 14 - Eager to see her
Chapter 15 - When life gives you lemons
Chapter 16 - How not to fight
Chapter 17 - A pricey picnic
Chapter 18 - Not friends. Enemies?
Chapter 19 - PDA
Chapter 20 - Exposed
Chapter 21 - Unhooked
Chapter 22 - Let's not talk about it
Chapter 23 - Going home alone
Chapter 24 - Second attempt
Chapter 25 - Transformation ❤️
Chapter 26 - Waking up
Chapter 27 - Taking charge and taking chances ❤️
Chapter 28 - Family obligations
Chapter 29 - The dinner...
Chapter 30 - Dirty talk ❤️
Chapter 31 - The roommates overreact
Chapter 32 - They're not serious...
Chapter 33 - Delusions
Chapter 34 - Connor and crying
Chapter 35 - Seven ❤️
Chapter 36 - Good and bad
Chapter 37 - The first night
Chapter 38 - Ethan does math
Chapter 39 - Hunger
Chapter 40 - Satiation ❤️
Chapter 41 - Re-payment
Chapter 42 - Trying to deny
Chapter 43 - Attempted duping
Chapter 44 - All the anger
Chapter 45 - Playing house
Chapter 46 - Moving in ❤️
Chapter 47 - Game night with new friends
Chapter 48 - Surprise visitors ❤️
Chapter 49 - Dinner
Chapter 50 - Ending things is hard
Chapter 51 - Awkward silence
Chapter 52 - Playful laughter
Chapter 53 - Making arrangements
Chapter 54 - A new Lily
Chapter 55 - Asking Antonia
Chapter 56 - The announcement
Chapter 57 - I already do
Chapter 58 - Coming home ❤️
Chapter 59 - A very merry Christmas
Chapter 60 - Meeting the parents
Chapter 61 - ...and it's officially love

Chapter 9 - The phone number

10.5K 392 80
By SofiaMKay

Ethan

"Well, I can't hang out there all day, every day," I say as I drive me and Liam to Lucky's. "I've been there enough the last few days that people have started looking at me funny. I think one of the teachers suspects I'm up to something."

"Are you telling me that you, a student, can't blend in with a bunch of other students?" Liam raises an eyebrow at me.

I grimace. "They're computer nerds. Do I look like I know much about computers?" I find a parking spot and maneuver the car into it.

Liam shakes his head. "You're pathetic. In so many ways." He gets out and I follow.

"I must have gotten really lucky on Monday. She was just sitting there."

"And then you almost killed her."

"I startled her. Next time, I'll make sure she isn't chewing first." I still feel bad about that as we walk up to the bar.

"Come on, dude," Liam says and puts an arm around my shoulders. "A beer and a burger will cheer you up. And hey, you weren't completely horrible on the ice today."

"Fuck you, I killed it. I told you I came back faster and stronger."

"It's going to be tough without Brick in the goal, though." He opens the door and we step into Lucky's.

"Nah, Pan will learn. And as soon as he bulks up a bit, he'll be great." I spot an empty table and walk over.

"Maybe he should grow a beard too, then he might not look like a twelve-year-old."

I smirk. Pan is new. Finding a replacement goalie has been an ordeal. But he's promising. He's young, but serious, and he already told me he's going to get drafted after this season. Some of the guys laughed when he said that, but I could see the deep fire in his eyes. The determination. And I've seen him soak up every bit of coaching and advice he gets,

Liam sits down. "I always forget how quiet Lucky's can be when it's not a game night."

"What can I get you?" a familiar voice asks, and I slowly raise my eyes from the menu.

My face instantly lightens as Lily bites her lip and looks from me to... Well, me. She may have glanced at Liam, but her eyes were back on me so quick I doubt she could tell me anything about what he looks like. I smile.

"I'll have the bacon burger," Liam says. "And a beer."

She finally looks away to her little notepad and scribbles something down. My eyes scan her body. She's in a tight t-shirt that makes my dick react. Her boobs are outlined perfectly and I have a sudden urge to reach out and touch them. Or cover her up so no one else can see.

Liam kicks me under the table.

"Ow, what the fuck?" I hiss at him.

"Dude, you're drooling. Show some respect." He glares at me.

I turn my attention back to Lily. She looks uncomfortable. No doubt she heard what Liam said. Or maybe it was my staring. Shit.

She clears her throat. "And what will you have?"

"A date," I say, and ignore Liam's confused scowl.

"Not on the menu," she says, but I can see the hint of a smile she's trying to suppress.

"Are you sure? Because I could have sworn it was on the table." She meets my eyes and bites her lip again.

"I'm sure." She tries to sound confident, but there's hesitation there.

"Then how about your phone number?"

"No." She shakes her head and leans in so she can point to the menu. "Something off here," she says sternly and pins her eyes on me.

I want to reach out and catch her wrist. I want to hold on to her until she agrees to see me again. But just as I open my mouth, her cheeks blush and she pulls back.

"I'll have the same as him," I say instead of the million things I want to tell her.

She nods. "I'll be right back."

I watch her walk away, feeling happier than I have since Monday.

"Dude, what the fuck was that?" Liam smacks the back of my head. "Weren't you supposed to be obsessed with this Lily girl?"

I grin happily at him. "That's her. That's Lily."

His eyes go wide and he looks after her. "That's her? No wonder you've been trying to find her."

I squint at him. "Back off. She's mine."

He shakes his head with a smile. "Whatever you say." He leans back and studies me. "I don't think I've ever seen you like this before."

"Maybe I'm in love."

He laughs as if it's the funniest joke ever. I leave it at that. He may assume I'm joking, and as I said it, I kind of was. But I want her.

"So, you've finally managed to find a woman that won't throw herself at your feet. Good for you."

She laughs at something the bartender says. "God, she's beautiful."

"She is," Liam says, and I instantly want to punch him in the face. He must see my anger, because he holds his hands up. "Relax, you know I'd never."

"Here we go," Lily says and Liam lowers his hands. "Two beers." She places the drinks in front of us. "I'll be right back with your burgers."

"What do I have to do to get your number?" I ask, ready to crawl on the questionable floor for her.

She blushes a bit as she rolls her eyes. "I'm sure you can get any number you want."

"Yours. I want your number."

Liam sips his beer, his eyes filled with amusement.

"Why?" She looks genuinely confused.

"Because I want to get to know you. I think we could have a lot of fun together."

She bites her lip. Shit. Was that the wrong thing to say?

"Please?" I put my hands together in a begging sign and blink up at her.

She sighs, then she walks away.

Liam can't contain his laughter. "What is up with you, man? I've never seen you like this before."

I shake my head. "Why do you think she doesn't want to give me her number?"

"Damned if I know. Maybe she doesn't like you?"

I slowly shake my head as I watch her take another table's order. "That's not it. I think she likes me."

"You're so full of yourself."

A few moments later, she heads back to the kitchen and comes out with our burgers. She effortlessly carries them through the room, dodging chairs and customers as if she was born for it.

"Two bacon burgers." She places them in front of us.

"Thank you," Liam says and digs in.

"Yes, thank you. And I'm sorry if I've been bothering you." If she really doesn't like me, maybe she's just being polite and I'm misinterpreting her actions?

She doesn't answer, just disappears.

I eat my burger in silence, while Liam keeps talking about the practice and how the team is shaping up this year. My mind wanders back to Lily, and every time I see her glancing in our direction, my heart jumps. And then she looks away and I'm not sure of anything anymore.

Liam asks for the check, and I'm so close to leaving her alone. I'd hate to think I've been stalking someone that had no interest in me. That's the kind of shit that's only acceptable in the dark romance books Brick's girlfriend Kat likes to read. Morgan showed me one, and some of the ones I looked up had some really fucked up shit in them.

"Here you are," Lily says and hands Liam the check. I'm not even sure I should be looking at her at this point, so I'm staring at the table when she slides a folded piece of paper in front of me. I blink. She was supposed to hand Liam the bill.

I sit up straight. It's not the bill. She's already walking away. I take the paper and swear my fingers shake just a bit. An enormous smile spreads across my face as I see her name and number.

Liam pulls out some bills and leaves them for her. I look around to find her, but she's nowhere to be seen. Almost as if she's worried about how I'll react.

"Come on, lover boy. We need to get back to the house for the roommate meeting." He puts his hands on my back and starts pushing me to the door while I strain my neck in hopes of catching a last glimpse of Lily.

"She gave me her number," I say when we're outside. I hold the note in front of me and grab my phone.

"What are you doing?" Liam wrinkles his forehead.

"I'm taking a picture, in case it gets ruined, or I lose it." I snap another photo.

"Dumbass, just put her number in your phone."

"Yeah, and what happens if I lose my phone?" I flick his forehead as I pass him and head for the car.

"You want to stop by the tattoo parlor? You could get it inked on your arm and hope she never changes her number."

He smirks at me.

"Just get in or you're walking."

"You want me to shave it on your skull?"

I roll my eyes and get in the car. She gave me her number.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

679K 16.2K 61
August & Colin | WRU series | book 1 We take risks. We make mistakes. We lie. We love. We hurt. We lose total control. I took a risk. I paid the pri...
135K 10.5K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔻𝕒𝕣𝕜 & 𝕃𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕊𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤 ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
2.1M 86.2K 62
{18+ COMPLETED • COLLEGE ROMANCE} When a college freshman with a learning disability and a reputation collides with a straight-A, straight-laced girl...
41.4K 1.6K 40
Summary: This story is about an incredible unique autistic girl and her two equally incredible best friends. Will they ever get out of the friend zon...