Break From Chicago | KV

By storiesbysarah_

"I just need you ta believe in me, Kaliyah. Give me this one chance ta show you that I could be better fa you... More

Prologue: "New Years Eve Kiss"
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32: The Final Chapter

Chapter 27

3K 222 86
By storiesbysarah_

SURPRISE another chapter 4 yall 😁😁I know yall happy cus I am 😂

Make sure yall read chapter 26 before reading this one.

ENJOYYYYY🩷

Chicago, IL📍
Saturday, December 10th
10pm

"How come you didn't use the key I gave you?"

Kaliyah questioned, just as Dayvon walked in behind her. He paused, making sure to close and lock the door before moving further inside. His eye's stayed focus on Kaliyah as she was a few steps ahead of him, making it to the kitchen.

Von ended up bringing some pizza for the both of them to eat tonight, and Kaliyah had her mind set on taking the first slice. She had the box in her hand, her mood seeming excited since food was involved. He chuckled, following her as she did a little dance. He studied her attire, seeing how she had on a pair of joggers, with a crop top showing off her stomach.

Her locs had definitely grown long as they were nearly touching her waist. Dayvon tucked his bottom lip into his mouth, realizing how badly he missed her. Kaliyah could just feel his eyes burning holes from behind as they both entered the kitchen.

"I was jus' tryna be respectful n' shit. I ain't wanna walk up in yo crib like that you know? Since we only jus friends.."

She could hear the sarcasm in his tone, which only made her smile a little.

"You love bringing up how we're just friends, huh."

She teased. Kaliyah made her way to the small island in the middle of her kitchen, setting the huge pizza box down. She could already smell the two cheese pizza, making her mouth water.

"I mean, that's what we are right?"

Von stated, watching her every move. She floated around the kitchen, opening up the cabinets to grab some plates and cups. She then began digging through the fridge, trying to decide on what to drink with their meal. To Von, it seemed like she was just trying to avoid eye contact with him, hiding the fact that she was nervous by his presence.

But he could see right through her facade. He knew all too well the affects he had on her. It made him smirk little, only confirming that she in fact was still feeling him.

Von began emptying out his pockets, removing his car keys and wallet. He set them onto the counter, before adjusting his shirt slightly.

"You not gon' gimme a hug though? Ain't that what friends do?"

His Chicago accent sounded like music to her ears, making her heart flutter.

"Oh, so you're one of those 'where my hug at' type of niggas?"

She laughed. Kaliyah could hear him kiss his teeth playfully. She finally made it back to the counter where he was, setting everything down all at once. She could see him taking out his gun from underneath his shirt, making sure the safety was on.

"There is no way they let you through TSA with that thing."

She pointed, raising her eyebrow. He examined it briefly before setting it down. His eyes flickered towards hers again.

"I fly private Kaliyah. Remember? Or did you forget that too."

His gaze was intense, his eyes just admiring her entire presence. Kaliyah could feel herself melting from his stare, which quickly reminded her to look away from him. With her cheeks warming up by the second, she decided to just focus on the food instead.

"You want a slice?"

She began, opening up the box.

"Nah, I want my hug first. Stop playin' wit me Ma."

As much as she tried to fight it, the corners of her lips began curling into a grin. Clearly, playing hard to get around Von was difficult. There was just no resisting him. Before she knew it, she found herself turning to face him as he came around to her side. Dayvon could smell whatever sweet scent she had on, which made his whole body feel warm.

She playfully rolled her eyes as he moved close, snaking his muscular arms around her waist.

"I missed you lil folks."

He spoke softly, just as Kaliyah wrapped her arms around his neck. She got on her tippy toes, feeling the warmth of his body as they were pressed up against each other. They were so close, Kaliyah was worried that he might feel how fast her heart was beating.

"I missed you too."

She cooed, a wave of comfort taking over. To them, this seemed like an innocent hug. But in reality, it was much more than that. You had two people that were actively trying to control their secret feelings for one another.

"Ion like not seeing you as much. Shit bogus as hell."

Von said as they pulled away. Kaliyah looked up at him, shrugging her shoulders slightly.

"Just because you and I are friends, doesn't mean we need to stop hanging out."

She pointed.

It wasn't even about hanging out though. Dayvon loved to be around Kaliyah. If it was up to him, he'd have her by his side at all times. He always wished things were different between them. He regretted ever fucking up what they had in the first place. If anything, Von always felt compelled to give her some space simply because he didn't trust himself around her.

With being only friends, meant certain boundaries were set in place. Von knew he couldn't show her the real affection that he wanted to out of respect for her. This would be part of the reason why he chose to stay away from her. He was so in love with Kaliyah, it was hard for him to just hide it.

Instead of responding, he simply watched as she grabbed a few slices, putting them on a plate for him.

"Here, you can take this to the living room. I'll follow you."

She motioned.

30 minutes later

"So when is yo graduation? Im tryna be there."

The two found themselves lounging on the couch, with another random movie playing. The movie was irrelevant though since both Von and Kaliyah spent the last 30 minutes talking. Kaliyah sat adjacent to Von as he rested his foot on the coffee table in front of them. They had gotten through almost the entire pizza box and wine.

Dayvon had taken his shirt off, leaving him in a regular wifebeater exposing his arms. Kaliyah leaned her head against her hand, trying to stop herself from staring too hard at him.

"Its on Monday at 5. You really wanna come?"

She smiled softly. He nodded, his eyes never leaving hers.

"Fuck yeah. Why wouldn't I come? It's yo big day, n' I wanna be there celebrating you."

Hearing this just made her feel butterflies. There was no denying the fact that Von cared about her immensely.

"Well, my Dad is gonna be there. You can finally meet him like you wanted to."

She pointed.

Kaliyah found her eyes looking down at his chains, seeing as a few of them were slightly crooked. She mindlessly reached over, her fingers repositioning them. The feeling of her fingers alone doing the bare minimum against his chest sent chills down Dayvon's spine. He secretly missed her touch. Kaliyah just seemed so focused, readjusting them to her liking as he watched her.

"You think yo dad will like me, or he hates me like you do?"

He half teased, catching her attention once again. Her eyebrows furrowed together as she shot him a look.

"When did I say that? You just be putting words in my mouth Von."

He just laughed, watching as she playfully smacked his chest with the back of her hand. She was about to pull away, yet he reached over grabbing her hand gently.

"Im just messin' wit yo easy ass."

He chuckled.

"You really think I hate you Von? Like be for real."

She frowned, looking over at him. They both locked eyes, Kaliyah studying his facial expression almost as if she was trying to read his mind.

"Ion think you hate me, Kaliyah..."

He cooed, tilting his head slightly. They were so close to each other, they hadn't even realized it yet.

"I just hate that I fucked things up wit you."

He went on. Kaliyah could feel her own heart rate beginning to pick up once again. The expression on his face seemed to be serious. She could feel his thumb caressing the top of her hand gently. He used his fingers to squeeze lightly, before intertwining their fingers together.

He was hoping that she'd say something- anything. After all, it had been a few months since they 'broke up'. Hell, it wasn't even a real breakup since they were never actually together.

"The way we started was pretty fucked up."

He went on, referring to their previous situationship.

"Yeah.. it was."

Her voice trailed off.

"And Im sorry fa hurting you tha way that I did. I promise you I am-"

"I know Von."

The two both looked at each other before Kaliyah decided to break her gaze.

"Besides.. it's not like we were together for real anyway."

She slipped out, not even meaning to really say that. Granted, the two were a little tipsy from the wine. Kaliyah shifted awkwardly in her seat, pulling her hand away from him. The air grew so thick all of sudden, she felt like she couldn't breath. Between that, and Dayvon just continuing to eye her, she just felt awkward.

"I uhh- I need some water."

She began.

Von just watched as she hurriedly got up from her seat, exiting the living room. He breathed in deeply, scratching the back of his head while thinking. All he wanted was her, but he wasn't sure if she still didn't trust him. Instead of sitting there, he immediately got up from the couch to follow her.

He moved through the hall, making it toward the kitchen. He could see her opening up the fridge, rummaging through it for a water bottle. He was about to say something, but was stopped by something else catching his eye.

Right on the counter just a few feet away, there was a huge bouquet of roses. They looked fresh, as if they were recently bought from the flower shop.

Kaliyah pulled out her water bottle before shutting the fridge with her hip. She could see Von making his way over, walking right past her straight towards the roses that Duke had sent. She chewed the inside of her cheek, completely forgetting that she had those out. She didn't even mean to keep them out like that. She had every intention on tossing them.

Kaliyah leaned against the fridge, fiddling with the cap of her water bottle as Von examined the flowers. His face was emotionless, seeing the little note with Duke's initials on them.

"I see I ain't tha only nigga missin' you."

He snickered. Kaliyah just scoffed lightly.

"I actually found those at my doorstep when I came home today. They mean nothing."

She explained.

He didn't say much after that. He just crossed his arms, turning to face her. Kaliyah couldn't really tell if he was mad about the flowers or not. Part of her felt like he had no reason to be mad at all. Duke was nothing to her and everyone knew that.

The silence between them was heavy. Dayvon had so desperately wanted to say what was really on his mind, but he was now refraining himself from doing so. Kaliyah pressed her lips together, slowly feeling like seeing Von in person might've been a bad idea. Yet, she loved every bit of his presence.

It was just complicated.

The two were trying to hide their true emotions for each other. It was easy to do that whenever they were separated; with Von being in Atlanta and Kaliyah being in Chicago. But being together face to face was a different story.

Deciding to just break the awkward silence, Kaliyah began to speak first.

"So, are you gonna show me your new music?"

She raised her eyebrow, giving him a look. Dayvon briefly tucked his lips in, trying to stop himself from smiling at her. He was annoyed that Duke was still in contact with her- but he knew he had no place to be mad at all.

"Yeah- but we gotta go to tha studio at my place. And you sleepin' over too cus we gon be there for a while."

He stated, his eyes studying hers.

"Sounds fine to me."

Kaliyah said, which definitely took him by surprise. He really didn't expect for her to wanna sleep over at his place. Yet, she quickly took a sip of her water before disappearing to get her overnight bag ready.

Chicago, IL📍
Sunday, December 11th
12am

The feeling of being around the person you're in love with could be described as euphoric. Just their presence alone could heal all the worlds problems, yet there is no explaining why that is. It's like nothing else mattered besides you and that person. That's exactly how Dayvon felt in this moment, as Kaliyah sat perfectly in the passenger seat of his car while they drove in the direction of his place.

It was a cold night in Chicago, especially since it was practically midnight. He admired the fact that Kaliyah slipped into his huge Montclair jacket, the heavy material fitting her like a blanket almost. While the jacket nearly swallowed her whole, she had a small smile plastered onto her lips, shooting him a look.

"You know I could've worn my own coat, Von."

She pointed, giggling.

He shrugged, keeping one hand on the wheel while driving down the e-way. Soft music played from the surround sound stereo. Kaliyah's phone was connected to his bluetooth, with her spotify playlist on rotation.

'Now that we have come to know each other
I'll never go away, love will always stay here forever
'Cause this thing we've got is very rare, yea
So don't ever go nowhere-'

The lyrics played, with Kaliyah reciting them while nodding her head. The old 90s tune seemed nostalgic as it continued. Kaliyah reached over, turning up the volume slightly.

'Cause you and me got
A street kinda thing going on
And I'm so happy that I found you
Our love ain't going nowhere
It's gonna stay right here
Right here forever-'

"Who sing's this? She sound familiar."

Von suddenly spoke up. Kaliyah gasped, looking over at him with a playful shocked expression.

"This is Aaliyah."

She pointed.

"Aw yeah, I knew that."

He nodded his head. Kaliyah just giggled.

"No you didn't Von. You wouldn't of asked me if you did."

She smirked. Dayvon cut his eyes towards her, the two giving each other mischievous looks before bursting out into laughter.

"I swear, you're the one who's a literal music artist, yet you barely know shit."

She continued to egg on.

"Nah, I know music. Just not this slow shit you feel me?"

"No Von, I don't feel you."

She continued to laugh.

"Matter of fact, what's your favorite slow jam- if you even have one that is."

Kaliyah turned her body slightly, facing him now as she waited for an answer to her question.

"Is you serious?"

He questioned, raising his eyebrow.

"Yup."

She responded, putting emphasis on the letter P. Kaliyah could see a small smirk forming onto his lips, just as a thought came to his mind.

"Lemme see yo phone real quick."

He motioned.

"Boy, aren't you driving?"

She snickered, yet she still passed him her phone as he reached for it. He unlocked it, Kaliyah immediately frowning at the fact that he knew her password.

"Ummm... when did you know my passcode--"

"You worried about tha wrong things, Ma."

Von spoke, immediately cutting her off. Kaliyah nearly had to stop herself from laughing at his sneaky antics.

"I swear you think you're so slick Von."

She playfully rolled her eyes. He flashed her a grin, the diamonds dancing perfectly in his teeth. He began multitasking, keeping his hand on the wheel while also searching up a song on her phone. It only took him a few seconds before the song instantly cut on. Kaliyah just paused as Von placed the phone on his lap. He glanced over at her, waiting for her reaction as the song What A Night by DJ Nate began to play.

"Von.. ain't no way..."

Kaliyah nearly laughed. And it didn't help as he began singing the lyrics out loud while turning up the volume on full blast.

"Baby lemme start off saying that you really turn me on.
Sexy lips heavy hips girl you'a keep me on.
Touchin' you holdin' you girl I'm so geeked up.
Thinking that I gotta get wit shorty fa this week up-"

Dayvon's voice cracked a little, but he still belted out the lyrics like a pro. The reaction he got from Kaliyah was priceless as she couldn't stop laughing.

"Aye stop laughin' fo' I beat yo ass."

He chuckled.

"You got me all the way fucked up, Von."

She continued to cackle.

"This shit a hood classic, Kaliyah. Clearly sum you ain't familiar wit."

"Boy, this song is so old. It came out in 2009, the year you and I met-"

"You mean tha year I kissed yo ass for tha first time."

He teased. Kaliyah just sucked her teeth, fighting the urge to blush from his words. The thought of kissing definitely brought butterflies to her stomach. That nervous feeling came back to her again as she tried to shake it off.

Dayvon cut his eyes towards her again, instead gazing at her lips for a brief moment. They were pouted slightly, with a single coat of clear gloss over them. He licked his own lips, feeling the sudden urge to just grab her face and kiss her, kinda like how he used to in the past.

Yet, Von knew he couldn't do that. It would break all the boundaries that they had set in place for each other.

After all, they were just friends.. right?

__________________
You a real one if you've seen that video of Durk and Von singing What A Night by DJ Nate. Like Von was literally singing his heart out with a gun in his hand 😂😂😂😂😂

Anyway, when yall want the next chapter? 😚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

600K 24.8K 18
"𝖨𝖿 𝖨 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝖾𝗏𝖾, 𝗒𝗈𝗎'𝖽 𝖻𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖻𝗂𝖽𝖽𝖾𝗇 𝖿𝗋𝗎𝗂𝗍 - 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗂𝗍 𝗌𝖾𝖾𝗆𝗌 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝖨'𝗏𝖾 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾𝗇 𝖺 𝖻𝗂𝗍𝖾." Jayd...
393K 13.4K 52
𝙀𝙉𝘼𝙈𝙊𝙍𝙀𝘿 ; 𝘼𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚, 𝙖𝙙𝙢𝙞𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣, 𝙤𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙨𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣.
6K 453 11
Just like any other city, the beauty of Chicago lies within the eye of the beholder. Despite the horrors that marked every local news outlet, to the...
552K 27.8K 48
"Baby I'm from the trenches where there ain't no love for a thug.."