Adored by the Alpha

De Tadtooromantic

After the Lycan overtake of the government, many things changed for humans. This includes Paige White, who be... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
NOT AN UPDATE- Visuals
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Thoughts?
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 20,5
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Not an update- info dump
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
A/N- edits
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
NOT AN UPDATE- Family trees
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Not an update; About the author
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69 (haha)
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 76.9
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 81

Chapter 80

4.1K 158 44
De Tadtooromantic

It's been too long, and I am sorry. Stuff is busy, so here's a quick update:

My studies are going fine. I've been a little sick with a cold. I may have PCOS. 

I'll see ya in the A/N at the end, enjoy, and remember to vote and comment - I love, love love your comments. They're my favorite thing to read. And I do go back and reread them, just fyi.

Not a very long chapter... sorryyyyyy.

**********

"Uuugh," I threw my head back, covering my face with my hands. "Why are alphas such babies?

Allen chuckled darkly. "Because there are decades of traditions of us ruling the world, not to mention centuries of us being in charge even before that. They're not too happy about the idea of radical change, my love. I understand your desire for it, but we must be realistic. The alpha structure as we know it now cannot possibly be entirely reworked." he reached over and put his hand on my knee, nuzzling me with his thumb.

I shook my head, pushing away the hotel-provided papers drizzled on the coffee table, with scribbled notes of our brainstorming ideas all over in wriggly letters and incredibly poor drawings.

"What's the fucking point of this? If nothing can change anyway." I shook my head.

Allen's hand disappeared from my knee, but I soon felt him at my side, having moved from the armchair to the couch, sitting down beside me. "I understand your frustration, love." He wrapped his left arm around my waist, tugging me just slightly to his side so I could feel his warmth. "I want this changed just as much as you do, but Rome wasn't built in a day, my darling. We have our entire lives to change everything, but right here and now, we need to be smart and do as much good as we can reasonably expect to do considering the circumstances."

I tugged at my own hair. "God, how much simpler life would be if you could've just shot the guy in the dick instead."

A dry laugh sounded beside me. "Yeah, but if I had we wouldn't have this opportunity. This is difficult, I know, I think so too, but we have a chance here. In spite of how fucked up everything is, love, this is our one and only chance. The chess board has been tossed, and now we get - with some limitations- to decide how we set up the game for the next round. So love, what do you want the rules of the game to be? You can't decide the outcome, you can't decide the strategy or how your opponent will play. You can only decide how the pieces are set up and in which direction they might move."

I glanced at the table, the mess of papers and pens and notes and drawings. A complete, utter mess, one I had a few limited hours to organize. It was steadily approaching 1AM, and Allen and I had been at this since the meeting, only briefly interrupted by room service bringing food so we didn't have to work on empty stomachs.

"I want..." I picked up one of the pens, tapping the clicker end of it against the surface of the coffee table. "I want it to be safer for humans. I want there to not be any slums where we're shoved off to. I want it to be so that all humans who may desire it get to contact their families whenever. I want humans to have access to a good education, and not only have access to whatever befalls them by chance and by the grace of whichever mate they might end up having. And I want humans to have a say. Politically. So those AHIFGO people can shove it up their canine asses and not act as if humans are mentally stunted imbeciles who shouldn't be allowed any say in anything because we can't turn into big furries."

Allen snorted. "Okya, maybe leave out the last part entirely, but the rest, I think we can jot it down in a civil manner. But they'll need to hear more than your dreams my love. They'll need a plan that they can be for or against. Alpha Mabel will most likely be against whatever you come up with, but the others you might be able to convince so long as you have a solid plan of action for them to put their faith in. They want to fuck things p and change things as little as Mabel does, but thankfully most of them, there's a chance they could change their minds. But not unless they're offered an easy alternative. Something else they can believe in and support, without having to partake in the stress of planning. So love, do you have a plan?"

"A loose one, sort of. But I'll need your help to put it into words right. And to make sure it's something there's a chance someone might go along with."

He kissed my forehead, jumping forward a bit in his seat and leaning over the papers to pick up a pen and get ready to write. "That's why I'm here, love. Now, let's hurry this shit up the best we can so you can get some well-earned sleep, right, my love?"

I grinned, raising an eyebrow as I looked at him, "Yeah, I guess. you help me figure this out so we can fix everything during the meeting tomorrow, neither of us will be sleeping for a while. Trust me, you'll be rewarded."

He smiled, a devilish one. "Yeah, better to get working, then."

~ O ~ O ~

There were no others in the elevator when we entered it the next day, going down to the meeting rooms once more. I had a small selection of folded papers tucked away in my pocket, bullet points of my plans for today.

"Remember to look people in the eyes," Allen reminded me gently, his hand on the small of my back. "They won't listen to a word you say if they think you're afraid of them. You're my mate, and more important, you're the most bad-ass woman I've yet to meet, aside from my grammy, maybe. Although, it truly is a fair fight." He chuckled shortly, softly.

"But really, you command respect in your own right. You're Paige White, human rights advocate, going into a meeting with all the Alphas of the United States of America. You're the first mate to ever fight her way into one of those meetings, and that in and of itself is a more impressive feat than most other people, wolf or human alike, have ever managed. Be confident. Trust yourself. Speak loud and clear and glare into their eyes, and show them that no matter what that sick fuck Charles did to you, you're not afraid of a single fucking alpha on this planet." He squeezed my waist. "I believe in you."

I kept my chin high, staring straight ahead at the elevator doors as they opened. "Thank you. So do I."

The meeting room was eerily quiet, everyone already in their seat, sitting with their arms crossed, in spite of us being 20 minutes early to the agreed upon meeting time. "Strange," I said, taking a seat in the same chair I'd sat in yesterday. "I thought I was well in time. But of course, one so easily loses track when meticulously planning the fight for rights on behalf of one's entire species."

Alpha Mabel snorted. I turned my head, raising an eyebrow. "Something caught in your throat, Alpha?"

She smiled, sickly sweet. "No, not at all, Mrs. Allen."

I wrinkled my nose a little. "As much as I do adore my mate, we're not married just yet, and even if we were, I'd prefer to keep my own name. So, to be clear, I'm Ms. White to you, Alpha Mabel. You'd be wise to remember it."

The sickly smile fell off her face, and in spite of her otherwise attractive features, she looked decidedly ugly with that offended little sneer on her face. "You little-"

"Let's not!" called Alpha Xiandre called, a little too loud. "... get ahead of ourselves. Since everyone has arrived anyway, I believe we may as well begin the meeting. Just like yesterday, it will be recorded for purposes of the public record. Remember to announce yourself clearly and loudly before stating your points, and let's... be civil, yes?"

The recorder was started, everyone's names announced, and the word was offered up. I stood, pulling the papers out of my pocket. "For the record, this is Paige White, mate of Alpha Allen speaking. During the meeting Yesterday, I was asked about a proposal for a solution regarding the government issues that have been raised by the death of Alpha Charles. Therefore, my mate and I, have spent several hours working on a proposal which I would like for you all to hear and consider, because I believe that it could be of true benefit to everyone, wolves and humans alike."

Alpha Mabel raised her hand, looking around for a second before she began to speak. "Alpha Mabel speaking. I don't think it's appropriate for you to be standing there and making up proposals on the spot, Mrs. Allen. After all, you're only a teenager and have no prior knowledge of our politics-"

I'm not even gonna stand here and listen to your bullshit, bitch, let alone dignify it with a real response. "I know plenty, thank you. And this is Ms. White speaking. I ask for your patience and no interruptions, so I may not lose my trail of thought, thank you. My proposal that I would like to present goes as follows;" I laid out the papers, glancing down, slowly meeting the eyes of every Alpha sat around the table as I spoke.

"First, the HSA in every single pack shall be terminated as soon as possible. Of course, it will take time and work, but with some determination, I'd assume a 10 to 15 year timeline should be plenty to begin new building projects and slowly move humans into the new and improved living areas as they gradually finish, focusing on getting elders and those especially vulnerable due to illnesses or other conditions out first. The project should be funded by the shareholders and owners of the HSA buildings, using the funds supplied by the residents. There should be plenty, taking into account the fact that most of those buildings have seen next to no improvement or renovation in at least 30 years."

Alpha Mabel began to rise out of her chair, put I held my finger up, pointing her down to her chair. "I'm sorry, Alpha Mabel, but I'm not finished talking just yet. You'll have to wait your turn."

Her nostrils flared, but I just smiled calmly, my eyes meeting with everyone around the table's once more, and continued reading my points. About democratically, freely elected human officials as close advisors to the alphas, with veto rights on certain issues. About a reworking of the government funded education systems provided for the human majority areas. About mate's rights, about quotas and laws against discrimination of humans in higher education and in the workplace. Some of my points got soft, almost unnoticeable nods. Others were met with furrowed brows and rubbing of chins. As I talked, I could tell that Alpha Mabel's skin was crawling, her fingers twitching against the table. I could almost guess that she wanted to wrap her hands around my throat and strangle me. But she couldn't. I kept my head high, my back straight, I met their eyes and spoke clearly, unwavering and unapologetic.

I released a breath when I finished, reaching down and taking a slow sip of my water, once more holding up my finger as Alpha Mabel opened her mouth to speak. Steam was practically coming out of her ears as I took a few slow sips of my water, setting the glass down with a clink against the oak table. "Everything I have said here should not be something for me to plead for. It should have been obvious. My demands are far from unreasonable, and I believe it is time that myself and my kind are allowed considerably more say and control over our own lives as well as the general workings of the government. It is not the 1940s anymore. Hopefully, we are all smarter than we were then, you, the Alphas as well. I thank you for your time. Any points to add to what I have said, so long as they are constructive and not directly hostile, will be welcomed." I sat, waiting for all of hell to break loose.

And it did.

But Allen's hand was in mine under the table, nuzzling me. I felt the message, even as we heard people just shy of yelling, arguing amongst each other about what I had said. This was hell, indeed. But I could survive the burn, and I had Allen at my side to help ward off the flames. 

**********

A/N

Not much going on, it's been a while since I posted last and I'm sorry. Just got Ali Hazelwood's new book 'Bride'. It's knot so bad ahahaha.

I'm also working on other projects, and I have a goal of having the 1st draft of my full length fantasy novel done within the year. I've also just learned to knit and have thrown myself into my first project; a full size cozy blanket with Avatar The Last Airbender theme. It's for a friend, I'm hoping to finish it in time and that she likes it. 

Anyway, love y'all, and I hope I'll be able to update a little sooner next time. I'm also looking forward to finish this thing so I can get on with other Wattpad projects. 

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

11.5K 332 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...
552K 15.1K 17
Story of Daimen and Liam "My name... say it again." He said running his finger down my back making me bite my lip and close my eyes. It felt awfully...
517K 18.9K 38
{CURRENTLY EDITING (hopefully) ALL GRAMMATICAL ERRORS} Rosa Conner is from the Cresent Moon Pack is 16 years old and is childish in every way she lik...
1.1M 42.2K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...