The 0th Corps Commander Becam...

By PopeOfDeonism

While resting in his room at the Demon Kings castle Deon passes out and regains memories of a certain red hai... More

Chapter 1 - Cale? It's Deon now!
Chapter 2 - Rest properly
Chapter 3 - Corps Commander Meeting
Chapter 5 - Zeroth Corps Commander
Chapter 6 - A human?
Chapter 7 - Hero V.S. Villain
Chapter 8 - Confrontation
Chapter 9 - Deon's dress up day
Chapter 10 - Banquet after Banquet
Chapter 11 - I am home
Chapter 12 - Butterfly fiasco
Chapter 13 - Neutrality of Death
Chapter 14 - Quelling down a burning
Chapter 15 - Obsession after obsession
Chapter 16 - Cruel is very cruel
Chapter 17 - Daunting Memories
Chapter 18 - Oracles Revelation
Chapter 19 - An Unexpected Predicament
Chapter 20 - Blurry Destiny
Chapter 21 - Operation: Actors of Acting
Chapter 22 - Demon Arut's return
Chapter 23 - A slight change in the persona
Chapter 24 - A child?
Side Chapter: An older brother's perspective
Chapter 25 - All To Which Will Happen Eventually
Chapter 26 - You Lonely Child
Chapter 27 - Little Red Riding Hood, Don't die
Chapter 28 - Emergency
Chapter 29 - Friendly Threat
Chapter 30 - A Changed Outcome
Chapter 31 - Me or Him?
Chapter 32 - Family Bonding
Chapter 33 - Disturbances
Chapter 34 - Unforseen action
Chapter 35 - Power of Death!
Chapter 36 - The Coming of a War Against a Disaster
Chapter 37 - Changing Fate
Chapter 38 - A Better Life
Chapter 39 - Healing
Chapter 40 - Magic Regeneration?
Chapter 41 - Hyung-nim!
Chapter 42 - The Ending
Chapter 43 - Sneaky Child
Chapter 44 - A Wild Day Out
Chapter 45 - Blood Samples
Chapter 46 - Negotiation Gone Wrong
Chapter 47 - Threatening Negotiation
Chapter 48 - Collecting World Errors!
Chapter 49 - Improvement

Chapter 4 - Fire of Destruction

2.7K 161 45
By PopeOfDeonism

CALE IS DEON !!

Previously...

"Go there and relieve some stress Arut."

"...Thank you your majesty."

Deon couldn't even bare to look at the others suffocating gazes. Their sparkling eyes are killing him besides he's doing it for his own benefit.

***

"Haah... why is my life so chaotic..."

Deon seriously wanted to choke that God of Death. He'll do that later though. Is everything just speeding up because he just regained his memories not long again and now he's going back on the battlefield?

Anyway, he should take a drink right? Even if he can't really get drunk now... it wouldn't hurt to try.

Deon recalled the short conversation with the Demon King who saw his run away luggage.

***

"Hmm? You've already packed up? You must be dying to move your body."

"...Yes it's been so long since I fought.."

"I knew sending you was a great choice and in the end it works out for you too right?"

"Yes Your Majesty.." No it really doesn't but it's fine...

***

Damn he probably couldn't flee to the Empire. With that crazy Emperor and his.. brother. Would Cruel protect him? That's what Cruel did in the novel. But what if it was just an exaggeration like The Birth of a Hero? What if their relationship is more strained than he thought since now he's basically an outsider.

But they are definitely without a doubt better than fighting a whole horde of demonic monsters!

Deon does know that the Zeroth Corps as well as Ed are highly competent from the novel and from rumors he heard of before. They do get into formation quickly but it looks like they don't know as much as the other Corps since there wasn't really anyone else to command them besides for Ed.

Pulling back the curtains Deon rummaged through his luggage to take out a black choker with a small ruby in the middle of it.

Apparently, the God of Death said to watch out for his followers since they are way more fanatic than the ones in Nameless One which was why he gave him this choker to hide the Aura of Death that he exuded. That bastard definitely made him into his saint without permission...

"Whatever... let's wear it!"

Deon hurriedly wrapped the choker around his neck before securing it. That should do it right?

Anyway... the choker came with a note as well he should at least hear out what that bastard has to say right or no? But the last time the God of Death did that he said that he was supposed to die...

Fuck it let's read the note it's not like anybody's gonna see this anyways.

Deon unfolded the paper in one go, undoing the creases the folds had made so it would be easier to read.

"...???"

I forgot to mention... don't let that Demon King see your choker!

Let's say that the jewel on his outfit is the same or just as similar as yours...?

Anyway good luck!

— Your favorite, God of Death

"Are you fucking kidding me? Thank god I wore this during my mission or else I would have been doomed... What if he thinks that I stole it from him?! The only ending for me would be death if that happened.."

Deon cursed out the God of Death before ripping the piece of paper, making it unreadable. Not that it wasn't in the first place since the God of Death had written the letter in Korean.

'...Sir Arut is very quiet right now.. He even drew the curtains.'

Ed looked at the carriage with a solemn expression. He sincerely felt bad for his commander who hasn't been allowed to fight for some time ever since his injury from killing the hero.

'Perhaps Sir Arut isn't feeling great? It must be because of the incident that happened before we departed right?'

***

Deon looked at the horses whose heads were missing. Like literally missing all there was is a black flame where the head was supposed to be at.

It was his first time seeing it in person that he just had to take a sneak peak.

"S-sir Arut! Please wait!"

"I know you want to ride horseback but please think about your health and ride in the carriage until you have fully recovered!"

'I never wanted to ride on it anyways? Isn't it better if I did nothing anyways besides lazing around is always the best.'

Deon gave a weird look to the Corps Member however they didn't notice and misunderstood that Deon was disappointed.

"... Well.. Alright."

Deon finally answered back before heading into the carriage that the Demon King specifically prepared for him. Wow, talk about special treatment...

Ed sighed at the recollection of what had happened earlier.

He really wanted to tell Sir Arut that it was fine to do as he pleased since Sir Arut tends to suppress his desires on a regular basis.

However an order from the Demon King is absolute and no one can go against it, not that they want to since it was for Sir Arut's sake.

"Lieutenant! The village up ahead..."

"How terrible..."

"I guess the demonic monsters have already swept up this area and left."

"U-up ahead!"

"That!"

Hordes of demonic monsters were rushing at them as if they were waiting for their prey all along.

Were they waiting for them...?

Ed was slightly confused since most demonic monsters relied on natural instinct and had no sense of brain so how were they able to form a plan even if it wasn't as good of a plan?

"Tch- Everyone get ready to battle!"

"Fight for Sir Arut who's depending on us!"

Both the Zeroth Corps Members and demonic monsters dashed at each other, ready to strike each other down. Deon watched this while sweat-dropping, it seriously sounded like he was some king after they said for Sir Arut and it creeped him out.

'It doesn't seem that anyone is looking right?'

Deon looked around his surroundings checking to see if anyone was surveilling him. After verifying that nobody was Deon decided to head out to the battlefield.

Now was the time to check out his ancient powers!

***

"Shit... There's no end to them.."

Ed looked at the what seemed be an unfathomable amount of demonic monsters surrounding them from all sides of the village.

"Sir Ed! Watch out!"

Ed turned around to face a demonic monster attacking him. He would have dodged however the gap between was to small that there was no where to go.

Bang!

A fiery thunderbolt struck the demonic monster, completely turning it into ashes as if there wasn't ever a demonic monster that was about to attack Ed.

"Haha... At times like this the best way to relieve stress is to burn and stab your enemies to death!"

Deon maniacally laughed as he struck down more demonic monsters with the Fire of Destruction. The Corps Members and demonic monsters couldn't help but watch as fear stilled them making them unable to move yet in awe at the new power of their commander.

"This..."

"Ahem... This is Sir Arut's ancient power. He wanted to try them out."

"Ancient power...?"

"Don't you need a luck that rivals god to get even one ancient power?"

"As expected of Sir Arut..."

The Corps Members watched as Deon wiped out the rest of the demonic beasts.

"Sir Arut! Sir Arut watch out-"

Ed watched as what seemed to be a fireball hit Deon right on the head in horror.

***

'That was ridiculously strong...'

Deon stared at the demonic monsters he had just massacred emotionlessly. He never felt this strong ever in his life well at least in ancient powers.

"....t!"

"-Sir Arut watch out!"

Jerking his head to where Ed was, Deon completely missed the attack heading straight towards him.

"Ugh?!-"

At this rate I might go bald soon? Why's it so hot I hate this...

Mustering up the last bit of strength, Deon conjured up water orbs and splashed it onto his head to prevent the burning.

"Sir Arut- are you okay?!"

Ed came rushing towards Deon, shaking him back and forth checking for injuries.

"Sir Arut- S-sir Arut?!"

Plop!

A few strands of white hair fell onto Deon's hands, by a few he meant a lot.

"S-sir Arut... Your hairs grown longer!"

Ed looked at Deon who now had longer hair than before, the hair reached passed his shoulders. Deon was unfazed by this though.

"Don't mind.. my hair... let's get back quickly."

Deon wiped the remaining ash off of his face. He felt like crying right now in relief and fear. Why the hell does something always happen to him whether he wants it or not?

But on the bright side it repaired his hair cells? Sometimes he was glad that Regeneration of the Heart isn't just centered with internal organs but rather every cell in his body.

***

"Commander of the Zeroth Corps?"

"Yes, a soldier sent to survey the Demonic Realm reported that the Commander of the Zeroth Corps as participated in the demonic monster subjugation this time. He was extremely strong and brutal as the rumors say."

"I heard that the Zeroth Corps Commander is the Demon King's most prized talent.... It's making me miss someone."

Eduardo tapped the arm rest of his throne impatiently.

Yes, that's right Deon is indeed talented that even the Demon King sought him out when he saw his potential.

"Hmm.. If that's how they want to come out of the Demonic Realm then we should make preparations as well."

"I seem to have the perfect candidate as well, what do you think?"

"...!"

"I'm giving you a special opportunity to make an achievement-"

"I accept the Royal orders!"

"Yes... I hope you become 'that talent' then."

Eduardo looked at the hooded figure with a cold gaze. That man accepted his orders without knowing it was all a set up, how loyal or well, how desperate is he.

***

"Cale-nim we'll take care of the White Star for you so please stay here and be still until we get back okay?"

No, I refuse. I don't want to be locked up here- Let me go.

"Human! These cuffs will stop you from using your ancient powers and it will stop you from cough up blood!"

I detest you all. I swear I will never be as generous in my next life.

Everything I did for survival and freedom did it seriously go down the drain? How could I, Kim Rok Soo the one who survived in an apocalypse for tens of years end up like this?

I miss my family... Where are you..? You are not my family, they would never do this to me...

***

"Ugh?!-"

Deon woke up in a cold sweat, sweat dripping down his forehead, and his hair slightly damp.

'That was... a horrible recollection of memory..'

Deon sat up, wiping the sweat off of his forehead. looking around his surroundings he could tell that they were finally back at the Demon King's Castle.

"My room..."

"Are you awake now?"

"Oh... Ben, Ed.."

"Sir Arut are you alright?! You were asleep for a whole day!"

'Wow only one day? That might be one the shortest amounts of time I've fainted for..'

"We checked if you had any injuries but none were found, however you randomly puked a ton of blood up and we were worried so we checked in case... Do you know how shocked I was to see you covered in blood, your blood too?"

"Ahem... well.."

Damn it how is he gonna explain his ancient powers to Ben? It would be awkward to just go, oh yeah I actually have powers similar to magic and one of them helps me regenerate cells.

"It's alright, I already know. Ed told me."

"Oh.."

***

Why do my teachers absolutely hate me bye...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 853 19
ใ€” Kim Rok Soo x Cale Henituse (og!) ใ€• Cale made a deal with the god of death, he returned to the past and was surprised because there were several ch...
54.6K 3.4K 22
ยฐโ€ขLets meet again in our next life, kim rok sooโ€ขยฐ โ™ก"The moon looks beautiful tonight"โ™ก ใ€ŠCale Henituse x Readerใ€‹ The abandoned princess and the ex-com...
23.2K 1.2K 11
Where is Cale Henituse, previously known as Kim Rok Soo, is threatened by the Gods to tell his people the truth about his whole existence and so... H...