Pokemon: A Ketchum Journey. V...

By tanishatribe1118

Ash Ketchum is officially ten years old and is starting his journey to become a Pokemon Master with his eight... More

I Choose You!
Pokemon Emergency
Ash Captures a Pokémon
Challenge of the Samurai
Showdown in Pewter City
Clefairy and the Moon Stone
The Water Flowers of Cerulean City
The Path to the Pokémon League
The School of Hard Knocks
Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village
Charmander, the Stray Pokémon
Here comes the Squirtle Squad
Mystery at the Lighthouse
Electric Shock Showdown
Battle Aboard the St. Anne
Pokemon Shipwreck
Island of the Giant Pokémon
Tentacool and Tentacruel
The Ghost of Maiden's Peak
Bye Bye Butterfree
Abra and the Psychic Showdown
The Tower of Terror
Haunter vs. Kadabra
Primeape Goes Bananas
Pokémon Scent-sation
Hypno's Naptime
Pokémon Fashion Flash
The Punchy Pokémon
Sparks Fly for Magnemite
Dig Those Diglett!
The Ninja-Poké Showdown
The Flame Pokémon-athon!
The Kangaskhan Kid
The Bridge Bike Gang
Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
Pikachu's Goodbye
The Battling Eevee Brothers

Wake up, Snorlax!

209 4 1
By tanishatribe1118

Narrator: Once again we find Ash, Hayley, Misty and Brock continuing their journey. And once again both the ever-vigilant Pikachu and Meeko keeps a careful watch for trouble. Sort of.

Hayley: Which I doubt there will be any today.

Narrator: Wanna bet on that?

Meeko: Riolu.

Hayley: I bet you anything in exchange for some Pokémon food.

Narrator: I'll take that bet.

Pikachu was sitting on Ash's back, taking a nap while Meeko was being carried by Hayley. "Huh?" said Ash, looking to see a man sitting on a rock.

"Groovy." said the man as they walked up. "Greetings, children of the universe."

"Hi Mister." said Hayley, waving to the man.

"Riolu." said Meeko, following suit.

"Hello. Are you here all by yourself?" asked Misty.

"I have my music." said the man, taking out a flute and starts playing it. As the man played his Poke flute, the quartet smiled and chuckled at the music. Ears twitching, Pikachu opened his eyes and stretches. "Pik? Pika." he said.

"Wow." said Ash.

"That was nice." said Misty.

"It was beautiful." said Hayley.

"Olu." Meeko said in agreement.

"Now that you heard my music, you have to give me some food." said the Poke flute man.

"Huh?" they said, confused.

"We thought it was free." said Misty.

"Riol." added Meeko.

"Isn't my flute playing at least worth a sandwich?" the Poke flute man asked.

"Uh, we'd like to give you something to eat, but we don't even have anything to eat ourselves." said Ash.

"Not even a cookie?" questioned the Poke flute man.

"Cookie? We don't even have crumbs." said Brock.

"Another free concert. Well, guess you should hit the road, then." said the Poke flute man and shoos them away.

"We're sorry, Mister." said Hayley.

"It's okay, young lady." he tells her.

"Ah..." said Ash, feeling bummed. Later that day, as they were further down the road, Ash's stomach starts grumbling.

"I'm so hungry." groaned Ash.

"I'm starving." whined Hayley.

"I'm about to collapse." said Brock.

"We havent had anything to eat since yesterday." said Misty and Ash sighs.

"Riol, Riol." Meeko said to Hayley.

"I know, Meeko." her trainer tells her.

"Pika, Pika." said Pikachu, causing Ash to look up.

"Huh?" he asked, looking ahead to see a town in front of them. Back at the rock, the Poke flute man played his song for Team Rocket. "Pennies for the piper? Food'd be nice too." said the Poke flute man, holding out his hand for Team Rocket.

"You stop people, play some weird song." Jessie said to the man.

"Then you beg for food?" asked James.

"You should be begging for music lessons." said Meowth. Team Rocket then laughs as they walk away.

"Bad vibes." said the flute man. "Those dudes should at least respect their elders."

"We finally made it." said Ash.

"Yay! Riolu." said Hayley and Meeko.

"At last we can get something to eat." said Misty.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu, starving.

"Yeah." added Ash. The quartet stops in front of a bakery, looking for bread when there was nothing in the window.

"There's no bread left!" said Misty.

"Not even one single cookie!" said Hayley. Both girls and Meeko hugged each other as they cried in hunger.

"Excuse me." Ash said, calling out to the owner. "We'd like to buy some bread and a few cookies, please."

"What's that? A customer?" asked the baker, coming to the window.

"We'd like to buy some bread and a few cookies, please." said Ash.

"I'm sorry." the baker of the bakery said, apologetically. "We don't have any bread or cookies left."

"No bread or cookies at the bakery." said Misty as she and Hayley cried.

"There aren't any vegetables either." said Brock, looking at the vegetable stand.

"No veggies!" said Hayley as she and Meeko hugged tearfully.

"Where'd all the food go?" asked Ash.

"Hayley and I will eat anything." said Misty.

"I'm sorry, but we are closed." said the chef of the restaurant. "I'd like to cook, but I have no ingredients."

"Okay." Ash said, hanging his head.

"Come back some other time." said the chef and closed the door.

"This is great." said Ash, as he and the others sat down.

"An entire town with absolutely no food anywhere." said Brock.

"But I need food! I'm a growing little girl!" whined Hayley as Misty sighs.

"Riolu!" Meeko whined, saying that she's a growing Pokémon.

"Pikachu?" asked Pikachu as he and Meeko turned around.

"Children, what's the matter?" an old man asked, walking up to them.

"We've been looking all over for food in this town, but there's nothing to eat." explained Brock.

"We're so hungry we can hardly move." said Misty as Hayley and Meeko whined in harmony. The old man decided to invite the quartet to his house for a meal. They ate as much as they could.

"So, you are trying to become a Pokémon Master?" the old man who introduced himself as the mayor asked. "That's very difficult."

"What's wrong with this town?" Misty asked Mr. Mayor. "There's no bread or cookies in the bakery."

"And there aren't any vegetables at the market." added Brock.

"The water in the river has completely dried up, killing all our produce." said Mr. Mayor. "So, food has in our town has become very, very hard to come by. It's hard enough to keep food for ourselves to eat."

"Uh-oh..." said Hayley, a guilty look appeared on her face.

"Olu." added Meeko, looking at the food in front of her.

"Huh?" said Mr. Mayor, seeing the look on all four faces. "Oh, please don't worry. My family can live off our food stores for quite a while yet."

"But I don't remember the weather being any drier this year than it usually is." said Misty.

"It rain like it always does." said Brock.

"It's not the rain." said Mr. Mayor and he takes them outside. "This is the river that used to flow through our town. For some reason, it suddenly stopped running two weeks ago."

"The plants....they're all dried up." said Ash.

"Pika, Pika?" asked Pikachu.

"No water means no nutrients for the plants, Pikachu." Hayley explained.

"Pika."

"Olu, Riolu." said Meeko.

"We can't produce wheat or vegetables. Our town's in real trouble." said Mr. Mayor.

"And you can't grow anything without water, can you?" asked Brock.

"No. This is a serious problem." replied Mr. Mayor.

"Could the source of the problem be upstream?" questioned Brock.

"Let's go check it out." said Ash.

"We have to pay you back for that delicious meal." said Misty and Hayley nodded. "We'll find out what the problem is."

"Mr. Mayor, we'll be back as soon as we can." said Ash.

"I should warn you that no one dare goes upstream anymore." said Mr. Mayor. "There's no telling what you might find."

"That's okay." said Ash, keeping it positive. "We're always ready for anything."

"Pika!" said Pikachu.

The quartet climbs down into the river and starts following it upstream. "Why would the river just dry up like this?" asked Ash.

"Well, it's not global warming." said Hayley.

"It's weird." said Misty.

"Mm-hm." said Ash.

"Hey, what's that?" Brock asked, looking at what was in front of them.

"The river leads to a dead end." said Ash.

"A...pointy dead end." said Hayley.

"Olu." said Meeko.

"The whole thing's covered in thorns." said Brock. Before crawling inside, Ash had Hayley and Meeko tie each other together before tying them to him, so that they wouldn't get left behind. As they crawled through the thorns, Misty gets cut.

"Oh!" groaned Misty as she sees the sight of blood.

"Be careful. Those things are sharp." said Brock.

"How am I supposed to be careful?" Misty asked. "Everywhere you look, there's more thorns."

"Pika, ka, ka, ka." Pikachu complained.

"Hey, Pikachu, are you okay?" asked Ash.

"He's stuck, Ash." said Hayley. "And so is Meeko."

"Riol!" said Meeko, her hands getting mixed up.

"Say, Ash, let's get our Pokémon to help us out." suggested Brock.

"Good idea." said Misty.

"Bulbasaur!" said Bulbasaur as Ash brings it out.

"Bulbasaur, Razor Leaf Attack!" shouted Ash.

"Saur!" shouted Bulbasaur, using its attack to cut through the vines and made room for them to pass.

"Okay, Starmie, your turn!" said Misty, using Starmie to help out but instead, Psyduck pops out and gets stuck in the vines. "Uh...."

"Psy!" said Psyduck, its beak getting bruised.

"Just when you think things can't get worse." said Misty.

"Riolu...." said Meeko.

"We feel bad for you, Misty." said Hayley.

"Thanks you two." she said. The quartet finally made their way through an opening in the forest.

"Ugh. We're finally through those thorns." said Ash.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu. As they get closer, they see a spring with a little bit of water.

"Ah, it's a spring." said Ash.

"Cool." said Hayley.

"Riol?" asked Meeko.

"A spring, in this case, Meeko, is a place where water is moving underground and finds an opening to land." Misty explains.

"Olu." said Meeko, shocked that water could do that.

"It looks like the spring is starting to dry up too." said Brock.

"What's that?" asked Ash.

"What's what, Ash?" asked Hayley when they suddenly hear someone or some Pokémon snoring.

"Pika, Pika." Pikachu said as the snoring Pokémon scratches itself.

"Whoa, its huge." said Ash.

"It's a Snorlax!" said Brock.

"That's one big Snorlax." said Hayley.

"Olu." said Meeko, staring at it in awe.

"That's a Snorlax?" asked Ash.

"All right." said Misty as Ash gets out Dexter.

"Snorlax, a sleeping Pokémon. Snorlax only wakes to eat." said Dexter.

"It doesn't sound too hungry." said Ash.

"Yeah. Its quite the heavy sleeper." said Hayley.

"Ash, Hayley, look." said Misty as water trickled behind Snorlax. "Snorlax is blocking the water from the spring."

"That's why the water in the stream stopped flowing." said Brock.

"So we just have to get Snorlax out of the way." said Ash.

"Should be easy enough with the four of us, right?" asked Hayley.

"It should be." said Misty.

"Riolu! Olu!" said Meeko, wanting to help.

"Yes, Meeko....you can help too." said Hayley as Meeko smiled happily.

"Well, lets wake it up." said Misty.

"Wake up, Snorlax." said Ash.

"Hey, Snorlax, wake up." said Misty.

"Wow, he's really big." said Brock as they all rocked Snorlax back and forth to wake him up.

"Pika, Pika." added Pikachu.

"Riol, Riol." Meeko chimed in.

"Hey, Snorlax!" Ash shouted into a microphone, causing the others to groan. "Wake up!"

"Wakey, wakey! Rise and shine, Snorlax!" said Hayley as she and Meeko jumped up and down on its stomach.

"It just wont wake up." said Misty.

"Well, then, we'll just have to move it." said Brock.

"Olu?" Meeko asked, gesturing to Snorlax.

"Well....I havent quite thought that far ahead." Brock tells her.

"Figure it out soon, Brock," said Hayley. "Because we have a town full of people who need to water their crops."

Ash, Pikachu and Meeko starts pulling on Snorlax's arm and foot as Brock, Misty and Hayley were pushing on its back and side. "Snorlax. Snorlax." Snorlax said, moving its mouth a bit.

"Why is it so hard to move?" asked Ash.

"Better question is, how much does Snorlax weigh?" asked Hayley.

"Snorlax is the heaviest species of all known Pokémon, with some weighing more than 1,000 pounds." explained Dexter.

"A thousand pounds?" asked Ash.

"That's more than us and our current Pokémon all together." said Hayley. "Unless you count all the Tauros you've sent to Professor Oak."

"That's true." said Ash.

"Well, then there's no way we'll be able to move it." said Misty.

"There must be some way." said Ash.

"Well, what if we tried to capture it in a Pokéball?" asked Brock.

"Ah, that's it!" said Ash.

"That's not a bad idea." said Hayley.

"Pokéball, go!" said Ash, throwing one at Snorlax, only for it to bounce off its stomach and roll to the ground. "Oh, great."

"We've got to move it or the town will run out of water." said Misty.

"Argh! Snorlax, wake up!" Ash shouted at the sleeping Pokémon. "Come on!"

Behind them, Team Rocket watched them struggle with Snorlax. "Yay. It's a Snorlax." James said, gleefully.

"Right." said Jessie. "We'll go after it in a formation Z."

"Okay."

"Well, then, how should we wake it up?" Brock asked the others.

"Olu." said Meeko, as an idea popped into her head. She then gets up on Snorlax's stomach and starts jumping.

"Pika? Pika!" said Pikachu and joins in, but as the two Pokémon were jumping, Snorlax made a face and swats them both away.

"At least you two tried." said Misty.

"Yeah, it was the thought that counts, Meeko." said Hayley.

"Good morning, everyone." James said with a microphone in his hand. "Oh, well, its not really morning anymore. Who cares anyway?"

As he talks, Jessie follows James with a camera. "I'm here to report on the eager awaited awakening of the Snorlax." said James. "Zoom in, cameraperson. Ah, its sleeping. Still sleeping. Watch closely everyone. This is how Snorlax looks when its sleeping. Ooh, doesn't it look cute? Now watch carefully as we wake up the Snorlax."

"What do you think you're doing?" asked Ash.

"Prepare for trouble."

"And make it double."

"To protect the world from devastation."

"To untie all peoples within our nation."

"To denounce the evils of truth and love."

"To extend our reach to the stars above."

"Jessie."

"James."

"Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light." said Jessie.

"Surrender now or prepare to fight." said James.

"Your routine's so boring, Snorlax'll go into a deeper sleep." said Ash.

"I agree and its making me want to join Snorlax in a nap." said Hayley, making another tick in her notebook.

"Riolu." added Meeko.

"Ha! That's what you think." said Jessie. Overhead, Meowth was in the Team Rocket balloon.

"This is R2 calling R1, over." James said into a walkie talkie.

"This is R1. All systems are go." said Meowth.

"It's Meowth!" said Ash.

"The ultra-deluxe balloon bang-bang is about to begin." said Meowth. Once he was over Snorlax, Meowth released several cables to be attached.

"What are those things?" Ash asked Team Rocket as Jessie laughs.

"Soon, you'll be seeing Snorlax on cable." said Jessie.

"I hate to let them steal Snorlax but if they get it out of the way for us...." said Ash.

"The spring water will flow like before." said Brock.

"I like it! Riol!" said Hayley and Meeko.

"Pika." said Pikachu, directing Meowth over Snorlax with air control lights in his hands. "Pika, pika." Both Team Rocket and the quartet placed the cables onto Snorlax.

"Well I never thought I'd live to see this day, even with nine lives." said Meowth, wiping away an imaginary tear. "Team Rocket and Team Twerp working together."

"Pika. Pika, Pika." Pikachu called out to Meowth. "Pika, pika."

"Okay, hoist away!" said James and Meowth fires up the balloon. "Steady. Keep it up. Keep it up."

"We've got it now." said Jessie. The cables from Team Rocket's balloon were starting to tremble.

"Just a bit further." said Meowth. Out of nowhere, the cables snapped.

"AH!" Ash cried out.

"Whoa!" said Meowth, flying away with the balloon.

"The cables were too weak to lift up Snorlax." said Ash as Misty groans.

"Huh!" said Hayley, looking at Snorlax. "This one must be one of those Snorlax who is over the 1,000 pound limit."

"Chu?" asked Pikachu as Meeko tilts her head.

"Remember what Dexter said, Pikachu?" asked Hayley. "Some Snorlax weigh more that 1,000 pounds. Looks like we have one of those on our hands."

"You mean that Snorlax..." Jessie started to ask.

"Yep." Hayley replied.

"I knew this wouldn't work." said Misty.

"Yeah, we should have known Team Rocket would mess things up." said Ash as he and Hayley gave them a look.

"What did you say?" growled Jessie.

"Well, it's the truth." said Ash.

"We weren't gonna lie about it." said Hayley.

"Nothing makes me angrier than being told the truth." said James. Soon as he said that, Meowth and the balloon finally landed on the ground, with Meowth groaning in pain.

"It looks like we're going have to wake up Snorlax after all." said Meowth. Plan B for waking up Snorlax was now an alarm clock on fishing wiring.

"Pika. Pika." Pikachu said.

"An alarm clock doesn't work." said Ash.

"Let's see it sleep through this." said James as he had a bucket of water in his hands. "Ha!"

"That's sure to do it." said Jessie.

"Nothing could sleep through it." said Meowth and yet, it proved Team Rocket wrong as Snorlax slept through it.

"Its not waking up." cried Jessie.

"But why not?" asked Meowth.

"Well....at least I found my plan b for waking up Ash." said Hayley.

"You do that to me; Mom will ground you." said Ash.

"Ah! I've got it." said Jessie, getting an idea. "In the story of Sleeping Beauty, the beautiful princess, with whom I identify, was awakened by the kiss of a noble prince."

"Jessie, that's it." said James. "Snorlax might just wake up with a kiss from a noble Pokémon."

"Hey, that might just work." said Ash.

"All right, everyone. Pick your noblest Pokémon, and we'll try it." said James.

"Okay!" Ash said in agreement.

"Its supposed to be a noble Pokémon, right?" asked Misty, thinking.

"Yeah, whatever that means." said Ash.

"But which one of our Pokémon is noble?" asked Hayley. Ash shrugged at his sister when Brock came up with a suggestion.

"What about Misty's Horsea?" asked Brock.

"Yeah, that's right." said Ash as Hayley smiled. "Its like a prince's horse."

"Horsea could help us." said Hayley.

"Riol." said Meeko.

"What? You want Horsea to kiss that?" asked Misty.

"Would you rather have Pikachu kiss Snorlax?" asked Hayley.

"Pikachu!" said Pikachu, shaking his head.

"Hayley's right. It has to be Horsea." said Ash. "Horsea's our best bet."

"No fair." said Misty, then starts digging in her backpack for Horsea's Pokéball. "Horsea, Horsea. I think this is....."

"Psyduck?" Psyduck asked as Misty grabbed the wrong Pokéball. "Psy!" The crazy water duck Pokémon plants a full blown kiss on Snorlax.

"Ah!" said Ash and Brock, grossed out by this.

"Oh, no!" said Misty.

"That's.....well...." said Hayley, trying to make the best of what she and Meeko were seeing.

"Olu....Riol, Riol." said Meeko and Hayley nodded.

"Duck!" said Psyduck, after kissing Snorlax.

"Ah! You dimwit duck!" said Misty. "There's nothing noble about you!"

"Psy, Psy, Psy." said Psyduck as Misty hits it on the head, then it starts to blush and smile widely. "Psy? Psy?"

"You're a weird one, Psyduck." said Hayley.

"Brock, which Pokémon do you think they'll try?" Ash asked.

"The same ones they always do." said Brock.

"Snorlax will have nightmares." said Misty.

"Those lips would give me nightmares too." said Ash.

"Same here." said Hayley.

"Our noble Pokémon...." said Jessie.

"Ta-da!"

"Meowth is the only one with a kiss powerful enough to wake Snorlax." she said.

"Give it a big wet one, fella." added James.

"Wow...." said Hayley as Jessie and James revealed Meowth in a prince costume. "If Meowth was my Pokémon, I would never make him wear that."

"Riolu....." said Meeko, blinking at the cat Pokémon.

"Why do I have to be the one to kiss that big lummox?" asked Meowth.

"So we can bring that Snorlax back to the boss." said Jessie as she and James tried to hold it together.

"Hey, you don't look half bad, Meowth." said James.

"Keep your eyes to yourself." said Meowth.

"Pikachu." Pikachu said, basically telling him that he was crazy.

"Pucker up." said Jessie as she and James pick Meowth up.

"Give it a smack attack right on the lips." said James.

"Disgusting. I quit. No way!" said Meowth as Jessie and James moved him towards Snorlax. "The hygiene! Mwah!"

"Lax." said Snorlax as Meowth groans from giving it a kiss.

"Is it?" asked Ash.

"Could it be?" asked Hayley.

"That kiss may have done it!" said Misty. Snorlax gave everyone a gross look. "It looks like it's been poisoned."

"How'd you look if you got kissed by Meowth?" asked Brock.

"I'd look for a new mouth." said Ash.

"I would be using mouth wash a couple times." said Hayley. "I don't know where his mouth's been."

"Pikachu. Riolu." said Pikachu and Meeko.

"Hey! Wake up you big lump!" shouted Meowth. "Hiyah!" He then gives Snorlax a kick but bounces off its stomach.

Snorlax leans to the side and Ash spots something underneath the Pokémon. "Huh?" asked Ash, picking it up.

"What'd you find, Ash?" asked Brock.

"It says, 'Do not disturb'." he said, reading what looked to be a hotel door sign.

"Its like those signs you hang on hotel doors." said Misty.

"Yeah....like the time that you and I wanted to hangout with Grandpa at that one hotel, but he had one of these on his door." said Hayley.

"Oh yeah. Mom said he was taking a nap and didn't want us to bother him." said Ash.

"Turn it over, Ash." said Brock, seeing some writing on the back.

"Huh?" he said, looking at the back. "'In case of emergency, please use a Poke Flute to wake'."

"A Poke Flute?" asked Misty.

"What's a Poke Flute?" asked Hayley.

"That's right. Now I remember." said Brock. "I heard once that you play a Poke Flute to wake up a Snorlax."

"A Poke Flute?" asked Ash and gets out Dexter.

"The Poke Flute is used to wake sleeping Pokémon." Dexter explained. "Snorlax will only awaken to this flute."

"Huh?"

"Oh!" said Misty, knowing what Dexter was talking about. "It looks like the one that old hippie had."

"Come on. Lets go find him." said Ash.

"Good idea." said Hayley.

"Pika! Riol!" said Pikachu and Meeko.

"Poke Flute?" questioned Jessie.

"Hippie?" questioned James. "Huh?"

They both looked at each other and remembered the man on the side of the road, playing his flute. "The music man!" they exclaimed, pointing a finger at each other.

"Oh, no." said Jessie as they looked back at Snorlax. "We've let them get ahead of us."

"Lets hurry." said James.

"Wait for me!" Meowth shouted as he runs after them. The man was still on the same rock where the quartet and Team Rocket left him, until he hears someone running.

"Hmm?" he said, looking up to see the quartet appeared once again.

"Pika!"

"Riol!"

"Whats the rush, dudes?" the man asked.

"Ah, thank goodness you're still here." said Ash. "Please, sir. We have a favor to ask of you."

"Ask away." said the man.

"Just come with us." Ash said, grabbing the man and pulling his arm.

"Hey, hey. Chill out, my friend." the man tells Ash.

"Wait, wait, wait!" shouted Team Rocket as they ran up as well.

"Hi again. Please come with us." said Jessie.

"We really need your help." said James.

"Hey, let go of him right now." said Ash, pulling on the man's arm. "We got here first."

"The first are the worst." said Jessie.

"If you don't stop, you'll both get half of me." said the man.

"Enough of this. Arbok, go!" shouted Jessie.

"Pidgeotto, I choose you!" said Ash.

"Pidgeo!" screeched Pidgeotto.

"Pidgeotto, gust attack now!" said Ash. Pidgeotto quickly flaps its wings, creating gust winds on Arbok, who then was blown back into Team Rocket.

"Team Rocket's gusting off again!" screamed Team Rocket.

"Great. Now's our chance." said Ash.

"Looks like another Pika break." said Hayley, making a note in her notebook.

"Pika?" Pikachu asked.

"You know....if one of our other Pokémon defeats Team Rocket without having to use you and Meeko, then it's a break for the both of you." Hayley explained.

"Great name, Hayley. I like it." said Ash.

"Pika, Pikachu." Pikachu said, nodding.

"It's Pikachu approved." said Brock.

"We'll have to get Pikachu his own notebook to keep track of his Team Rocket Pika breaks." said Misty as Pikachu nodded.

"Okay, until then, I'll help Pikachu keep track." said Hayley.

"Riolu." said Meeko, saying that she'll help too. The quartet arrived with the man in front of Snorlax, who slept through the whole ordeal.

"Please play your Poke Flute to wake this Snorlax." said Ash.

"Hey, you've gotten a lot bigger since I saw you last, Snorlax." said the man. "Your girth is blowing my mind."

"You mean you know this Snorlax?" asked Misty.

"I don't just know it. This Snorlax is mine." he tells them. "This little dude likes to snooze. I can't even take it for a walk. I just come up to wake it once a month."

"Huh?"

"I'm running a little late this month, though." said the man.

"Your Snorlax is stopping the water from flowing into town." said Ash. "We've got to move it out of the way."

"No problem." said the man. "I can do it." He then starts playing his Poke Flute.

Snorlax's ears twitched and it started to move. "Snorlax." it said, stretching as it gets up. "Snore, snore, snore, lax, lax, lax."

"Pikachu." said Pikachu.

"Lax, lax, lax." It then finally got off the ground.

"Snorlax."

"I guess that did it." said Brock as Snorlax walks away.

"Later, Snorlax." said the man.

"Look, the water still isn't coming out." Misty said as water trickled out from where Snorlax was sitting.

"Ah, look at that." said Brock, turning their attention to the vines.

"Oh, not more thorns." said Misty.

"That means we'll have to clear out all of these thorns before the river can start flowing into town again." said Ash.

"We're not crawling through that again." said Hayley.

"Riolu!" Meeko said, shaking her head.

"What a job." said Brock. Suddenly, in the brush, the thorns were moving. "Huh?"

They turned to Snorlax who was now eating the thorns. "Chow down, Snorlax." said the man. "Looks like you got a case of the munchies."

"Look, its eating the thorns." said Misty.

"Thorns are Snorlax's favorite snack item." the man said.

"Snorlax's hunger isn't satisfied until it consumes 900 pounds of food. Then it goes back to sleep." said Dexter.

"Back to sleep?" asked Ash.

"Wow." said Hayley as she and Meeko were shocked. As Snorlax continued to eat the thorns, the more it freed up the water.

"Look, guys. The river's back to normal again." said Ash as they see the river flowing with water.

"Pika!" said Pikachu.

"Olu!" added Meeko. Finally, the river flowed right back into town.

"Thank goodness." said the mayor. "The river's flowing just like before. How can we thank you?"

"It wasn't just us." said Ash.

"The Snorlax helped out too." said Misty.

"This calls for a celebration." said the mayor. "We'll hold a special banquet."

"All right!" said Ash, Misty and Hayley.

"Okay." said Brock.

"Pika. Pika!" said Pikachu, smiling.

"Riolu!" squealed Meeko.

Out in the forest, Team Rocket was using walking sticks to hold themselves up. "I'm getting tired of always being beaten." said Jessie.

"I'm as tired as Snorlax." added James. Soon enough, Team Rocket was standing before Snorlax's trainer.

"Hey there. What happened to Snorlax?" asked Jessie.

"Mi amigo, Snorlax ate all those thorns, and its copping some Z's." he said to Team Rocket.

"It went back to sleep?" James asked in a whiny tone.

"Mm-hm." Snorlax's trainer said, nodding. "It'll be a while before it wakes up."

"About how long?" questioned Jessie.

"Well, let's see." Snorlax's trainer said, thinking for a moment as they look over at Snorlax. "This one wakes up about once a moon." Jessie, James and Meowth groaned at this as something on the man starts beeping. "Well, I got to split, wake up another Snorlax. Keep on trucking, dudes."

With one last groan, Team Rocket falls to the ground. "Should we try to capture the Snorlax?" asked Jessie.

"I aint kissing it." Meowth tells her.

"We'd better kiss it good bye." said James.

Narrator: Our heroes have awakened the Snorlax, unstopped the river and saved the town. And the Snorlax? Well, do not disturb, until its feeding time that is.

Hayley: Which I don't plan on doing anytime soon.

Meeko: Riol.

Narrator: Too much work?

Just then, Snorlax slides to its right as Team Rocket looks up and screams in fear. "Lax." said Snorlax as it continues to sleep.

Hayley, watching Team Rocket get flatten by Snorlax: Yeah! Especially if Ash decides to get one. Does Professor Oak even have a Poke Flute for when its feeding time?

Narrator: I don't know, Hayley.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 434 21
Hello My name is Ruby Ketchum and my parents are Ash Ketchum and Serena Ketchum. I don't remember my father much but my mother told me that my father...
22K 433 13
After years of training and traveling, 23 year old Pokémon Master Ash Ketchum has finally reached the end of the road. Or so he thought. After losing...
52K 1.3K 41
"How much do you want to become a Pokemon Master, Ash?" Lance asked Ash, who stopped to think for a moment about the question. "I would do anything...
829 25 14
Ash Ketchum is continuing his journey to become a Pokemon Master with his eight-year-old sister Hayley, by his side. Follow Ash, Hayley, their Pokemo...