I Should Have Known It Before

By MusicAndOtherMagic

Sometimes the ones who you'd least expect it from love you the most. More

Prolouge
New Home - New Life
Let The Obstacle Course Begin
First Day
Christmas Arrangements
A Blessing In Disguise
Him
Christmas Eve
The Party
The Day After
Friends Reunited
Hot Guy Alert
New Years Eve
New Years Eve Pt. II
Alone Together
Something New
Memories
Dreams
Week off
Helping Out
What Is Love
What About No.
Valentine's Day
I'm Sorry.

SURPRISE

27 1 0
By MusicAndOtherMagic

- But by design God gave me feelings, and by design they shall not killBut when the noises overwhelm me, I feel sure that they will -

After the short flight and all the formalities on the airport I took a taxi home. When I entered my flat I was greeted by a huge 'WELCOME BACK' chorus screamed by my friends. Mary stood in front row and hugged me immediately. "Easy tiger,I missed you to but I can't breathe!" I cought. She laughed and let go. Dan and Ralph hugged me afterwards, Kyle, Janna, Woody, Chrissy, Will, Robert, Melinda from the Café and some other people were here also and everyone welcomed me. I was so happy to see them all and we started to talk and I told them a few things about my time in Germany and photos were shown.

Some hours later everyone except Mary, Ralph and Dan left and I gave them my presents. They were all pleased and didn't even expect something so they thanked me about a thousand times. Mary and I talked about the concert tomorrow. We were both thrilled to see Banks live, finally! We discussed outfits and set a time where we had to leave to be front row. When we were finished the boys laughed at us, telling us were friends with her and they could invite her to the next party or something, so we could meet her. We just looked at them dumbstruck, well we should have seen that coming right? They were in famous bands and she is famous... All those people are friends, aren't they? We decided to let it go for the moment but we'll definitely remember them to invite her sometimes. Mary and Ralph left soon after, of course together, they were doing pretty good as a couple and were both very happy. Whenever it happened that they are officially a couple now. Dan stayed and helped to clean everything up, what a kind person he is and we talked a bit. Bastille were now working on a new album and they will be on tour again in autumn when the festival season is over. I was excited to hear that probably a bit too excited because he seemed shocked about my reaction. Well once a fangirl... I asked him about new songs coming soon and that I couldn't wait anymore. He promised I'll be the first one to hear them, but the studio versions aren't ready yet. Holy fucking shit! I'll be hearing them first! I just hugged him thanking him a thousand times whilst he laughed at me. I looked at his face with his piercing blue eyes looking down at me. Gosh beautiful eyes he had. What the hell Daphne, stop being a creep, I thought and backed away awkwardly. He also took a step back "I think I have to go, there's a meeting with the record company tomorrow morning and you must be tired after the flight." He said and went to get his jacket."Yeah I really am, thanks for coming and helping to clean the mess the others left." I said smiling. I accompanied him to the door and when he was gone I started unpacking and took a needed shower before going to bed.

The next day I woke up all giddy and nervous. The concert was today! I got up and went to the kitchen to make some breakfast turning the radio on pretty loud dancing and singing along to everything. Suddenly a new song started 'Things we lost to the flaaaames, things we'll never seeee again...' and I started singing with all my heart, god how I loved Bastille's songs! The doorbell rang and I went to open it still dancing in my pyjamas. 'Hey girl!' Mary chirped instantly joining me with dancing, 'Hey!' I greeted back. 'Wanna have some breakfast? I'm cooking pancakes right now.' I told her 'Yeah sure, but why are we dancing around like maniacs?' She asked, I started laughing and told her about TWLITF on the radio 'Duh, just listened to Laura Palmer in my car, those guys are everywhere with their music' She stated. Well she's probably right they are getting pretty big worlwide right now and I couldn't be happier and prouder. I loved them since they formed the band and now I'm also friends with them, yeah I know the fangirl cliché dream came true...

Being the greedy pigs we are, we had breakfast in nearly no time, but to defend myself the pancakes were pretty good! We cleaned everything up and plopped down on the sofa. 'So how are things going with Nic?' Mary asked me. Good question I thought... 'Well, were texting and sometimes he's calling me but nothing really happened.' 'But he's still in Paris isn't he? I'm sure he'll come over when he comes back.' 'Yeah I really hope so' I said smiling slightly. We talked a bit more about everything and everyone before it was time to get ready. We took quick showers and changed into skinny jeans and our Banks tank tops. We also put on some light make up, but not too much because it was obvious that we'll be totally sweaty after the gig so it wouldn't make any sense if we covered ourselves in it.

When we finally arrived the venue there was hardly anyone there. Just a group of four girls standing at the entrance waiting for the doors to open. Mary and I stood behind them waiting too. I coulnd't wait to be front row and was bouncing from one foot to the other. 'Oh my gosh, just stand still for a minute, will you? Mary said laughing at me. 'I caaaan't! I'm just too excited to see her.' I whined and continued fooling around. After one and half an hour the line behind us grew steadily. We talked with the girls in front of us for a bit and they said they discovered Banks music through Bastille. I just laughed and they looked at me confused. I told them that it was the same for me, because I'm a massive fan and Dan kept tweeting about her. They said they were Stormers too, but our little conversation was interrupted when the security guy opened the door.

We rushed in and actually got our place in the front row. OH MY GOSH. I was pretty hyper by the time and we waited until the support act Lux Lisbon (They are really good btw.) was finished. Shortly afterwards Banks came out and started with 'Beggin for Thread'. I danced and sang along all the time being the fangirl I am, it was absolutely amazing and she was stunning. Honestly I'm not a lesbian but I would definitey turn into one if it's about her. She also played 'Waiting Game', 'Sticks', 'Before I Ever Met You' and 'Warm Water'. Then she started 'You still feeling good?' screaming from the whole venue was the answer. 'Good! So I got a text from a dear friend today, I guess all of you know him... Dan Smith from Bastille!' Oh my holy frickin god! I thought and looked wide eyed at Mary. 'He told me that two of his friends are here tonight and that they're huge fans. So would those two please make them noticable' Mary and me fanatically raised our hands in the air and screamed Here we are. 'Oh hi there friends of Dan so how are your names?' We answered quickly when she came down from the stage now standing infront of us. 'Daphne and Mary, awesome. So would you like to chose the next song?' 'Oh yes please, thanks so much!' Mary chirped. We looked at each other and both knew which one it has to be. 'Brain would be amazing.' I said and smiled perfectly happy. She went back on stage and announced 'So the next song will be Brain, for Daphne and Mary...'

After the concert we were super sweaty and extremely exhausted as we expected. But it was definitely a good kind of exhaustion. As soon as we left the venue I called Dan.

'Hello?'

'ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS YOU ABSOLUTELY INSANE BUT PERFECT MAN?'I screamed into the phone and Mary laughed besides me.

'Woah slow down there. What's the matter?'

'You just casually texted her that we will be there and oh my gosh she asked for us and we were in front row and we were allowed to chose a song and it was amazing and she knows who we are now! Dan seriously thank you so much, I definitely owe you something this was totally mad.' I babbled along.

'Glad you guys had fun! It wasn't a big deal and by the way I just told her you were there but not to let you chose a song or something.' I heard him smiling.

'Anyways she noticed our exitence because of you and I'm forever grateful! I have to go now but I'll talk to you later and will probably hug you to death, so be prepared!'

He chuckled 'Okay see you later.'

I hung up and Mary looked at me with a grimace. 'He's pobably deaf now. You could have just thanked him, couldn't you?' 'Sorry, but oh my god, I'm not so good with expressing my feelings properly I guess, so I just had to scream them out!' I laughed. We talked a bit more and went home to mine both taking a shower and eating something.

When we finally plopped down on the sofa Ralph asked Mary if we want to come over to his because all the guys are there, Kyle, Woody and Will bringing their girlfriends too. We agreed and got our lazy asses up, quickly grabbing our phones, purse and keys before leaving. When we entered Ralph's flat we were greeted with warm hugs. When I finally reached Dan, who was standing in the living room, I hugged him tightly and didn't let go for a while. 'Woah I can't breath Daphne.' He panted and I let go immediately. 'I told you I'd hug you to death, didn't I?' I laughed 'But Dan? Thank you so much seriously, it means a lot.' I smiled at him and went to grab a beer from the kitchen.

Ohohohh ohoh ohoh ohoh We were young and drinking in the park... My phone rang when I was in the kitchen. 'Hello?' I asked 'Daphne hi! How are you love?' It was Nic. I haven't heard from him in a while and I was surprised he called but in a positive way. 'Hey there, I'm fine thank you! It's nice to hear from you, it was like you were lost those past days.' 'I'm sorry, but I had a lot of work to do and it engrossed me whole. How about your holidays? Had fun?' 'Yeah I had, don't work too much okay? We can talk about all this when you're back next week friday, it's only 8 more days. How is your patient, everything alright?' 'Yes, he's fine and I'm sure he'll be healthy enough to leave the hospital in a few days.' 'That's great news! I can't wait til you're back.' I told him 'Me too, I have to go now, so see you soon?' 'Yeah sure, bye.' I answered and he hung up. Well that was a short talk but better than nothing...

I went back to the living room when Mary asked 'Since when does grabbing a beer take so long?' 'Since Nic called and we had a quick talk.' I smiled and we clinked bottles with meaningful looks. The rest of the evening went by quickly and soon everyone was about to leave. Mary stayed over at Ralph's and I went home with Kyle,Janna and Dan who dropped me off at my apartment. All in all it was a bautiful and exciting day, but I needed to sleep so bad right now that i went straight to bed and my eyes shut instantly when my head hit the pillow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

480K 14.5K 60
When You Fall In Love With The Love You Always Wanted .
55K 1.4K 38
When you have know someone for so long and have had crushes on them it's bound to happen.
12.1K 565 40
They were fated to meet yet will they end up being enemies,friends or lovers.
57.5K 1.5K 31
This is about a girl that falls in love with her bestfriend she finds out that he feels the same exact way but a lot of things get in their way like...