A Blessing In Disguise

- I'll come back to haunt you -

Two days later, yeah those two days were practically hell for me because I'm a pretty impatient person, my container arrived. At least I got my things back for Christmas and I couldn't think of a better present. Tomorrow was Christmas Eve and I had to work, probably till late night but I couldn't care less, because this saved me of being a total loner at Christmas.

I had to arrange a huge Christmas party for one of those grand investors, his family and friends. 500 people were expected with kids and adults, so the program had to be interesting for all of them. I had a hard time to figure something out, but when I finally got it with the help of my dear team, my client was utterly happy and promised a bonus for all of us, if everything works out to his perfect satisfaction. Well that left just a little pressure on me, because the whole team would be pissed if I did something and we wouldn't get some bonus paying.

Whatever, this was tomorrow, I thought and headed out of my apartment and down the stairs to greet the driver of the truck, who brought my container. I was so happy I could have hugged him, but I of course didn't, what would he think if some random girl just ran towards and hugging him?!

I basically had some small talk with him, wished him happy holidays as he discharged the container in front of the apartment building, saying he'll come back after the 3 days of Christmas picking the empty container up to leave me some time to unpack the whole thing. With that he drove off and I opened the container.

Shock. Shock was all I sensed when I opened the container. What the hell is wrong with this freaking company?! Nonononononono. I didn't know what to feel next. Sad? Angry? Pissed? I felt everything at the same time, when the first shock was gone. 'HELL NO!!!' I screamed, and probably the whole street heard me but I really couldn't care less. 'How the fucking hell can someone lose a container and when they found it, deliver the wrong freaking container. Which fucking dumb ass is working there?!' I muttered under my breath. Fucking shit faces, whoever is responsible for this I will rip his fucking head off, because it seems to be not really useful anyways, I thought.

"Mr. Davis", I said angrily as I he answered the phone after I tried to call him 3 times now, " Your company delivered the wrong container. These are not my belongings and I bet they won't mysteriously transform into mine too!" I really had to force myself not to scream into my phone when he apologized thousand of times, but this really wasn't funny. He promised he'll find my container and we'll swap them this very day. I agreed he'd better do so and hung up. At this time I wasn't just angry I was furious.

I stamped back into my apartment after I closed the container safely, and decided to take a bath since I had nothing else to do to distract me. It may seems I have some anger issues, but I really don't have some. The thing is I waited over a month now and when someone promises me I will have my things for Christmas and I believe them, they have to be there for Christmas. I wasn't someone to accept disappointments. Not anymore.

Some years ago, I would have called and asked if it's possible to do something about it or I even would have offered to search and swap the containers by myself. But not anymore. Everything changed when people started to use me. I literally made everything for their happiness and never got or even wanted anything back. It destroyed me and when I realized, that the world isn't working like this, that people always live on the back of others, especially the ones that seem to be weak, I stopped. I wasn't a weak person, and people couldn't just use me for their benefits. I was a fucking strong person and I learned to say no. Maybe it wasn't just a no nowadays, it was more like I was scared I could go back to old habits, that I stopped completely with forgiving and patience towards others. Yeah I know, it's not nice and stubborn, but for me it's safety and a kind of self defense.