SURPRISE

- But by design God gave me feelings, and by design they shall not killBut when the noises overwhelm me, I feel sure that they will -

After the short flight and all the formalities on the airport I took a taxi home. When I entered my flat I was greeted by a huge 'WELCOME BACK' chorus screamed by my friends. Mary stood in front row and hugged me immediately. "Easy tiger,I missed you to but I can't breathe!" I cought. She laughed and let go. Dan and Ralph hugged me afterwards, Kyle, Janna, Woody, Chrissy, Will, Robert, Melinda from the Café and some other people were here also and everyone welcomed me. I was so happy to see them all and we started to talk and I told them a few things about my time in Germany and photos were shown.

Some hours later everyone except Mary, Ralph and Dan left and I gave them my presents. They were all pleased and didn't even expect something so they thanked me about a thousand times. Mary and I talked about the concert tomorrow. We were both thrilled to see Banks live, finally! We discussed outfits and set a time where we had to leave to be front row. When we were finished the boys laughed at us, telling us were friends with her and they could invite her to the next party or something, so we could meet her. We just looked at them dumbstruck, well we should have seen that coming right? They were in famous bands and she is famous... All those people are friends, aren't they? We decided to let it go for the moment but we'll definitely remember them to invite her sometimes. Mary and Ralph left soon after, of course together, they were doing pretty good as a couple and were both very happy. Whenever it happened that they are officially a couple now. Dan stayed and helped to clean everything up, what a kind person he is and we talked a bit. Bastille were now working on a new album and they will be on tour again in autumn when the festival season is over. I was excited to hear that probably a bit too excited because he seemed shocked about my reaction. Well once a fangirl... I asked him about new songs coming soon and that I couldn't wait anymore. He promised I'll be the first one to hear them, but the studio versions aren't ready yet. Holy fucking shit! I'll be hearing them first! I just hugged him thanking him a thousand times whilst he laughed at me. I looked at his face with his piercing blue eyes looking down at me. Gosh beautiful eyes he had. What the hell Daphne, stop being a creep, I thought and backed away awkwardly. He also took a step back "I think I have to go, there's a meeting with the record company tomorrow morning and you must be tired after the flight." He said and went to get his jacket."Yeah I really am, thanks for coming and helping to clean the mess the others left." I said smiling. I accompanied him to the door and when he was gone I started unpacking and took a needed shower before going to bed.

The next day I woke up all giddy and nervous. The concert was today! I got up and went to the kitchen to make some breakfast turning the radio on pretty loud dancing and singing along to everything. Suddenly a new song started 'Things we lost to the flaaaames, things we'll never seeee again...' and I started singing with all my heart, god how I loved Bastille's songs! The doorbell rang and I went to open it still dancing in my pyjamas. 'Hey girl!' Mary chirped instantly joining me with dancing, 'Hey!' I greeted back. 'Wanna have some breakfast? I'm cooking pancakes right now.' I told her 'Yeah sure, but why are we dancing around like maniacs?' She asked, I started laughing and told her about TWLITF on the radio 'Duh, just listened to Laura Palmer in my car, those guys are everywhere with their music' She stated. Well she's probably right they are getting pretty big worlwide right now and I couldn't be happier and prouder. I loved them since they formed the band and now I'm also friends with them, yeah I know the fangirl cliché dream came true...

Being the greedy pigs we are, we had breakfast in nearly no time, but to defend myself the pancakes were pretty good! We cleaned everything up and plopped down on the sofa. 'So how are things going with Nic?' Mary asked me. Good question I thought... 'Well, were texting and sometimes he's calling me but nothing really happened.' 'But he's still in Paris isn't he? I'm sure he'll come over when he comes back.' 'Yeah I really hope so' I said smiling slightly. We talked a bit more about everything and everyone before it was time to get ready. We took quick showers and changed into skinny jeans and our Banks tank tops. We also put on some light make up, but not too much because it was obvious that we'll be totally sweaty after the gig so it wouldn't make any sense if we covered ourselves in it.