Him

- I feel the chemicals burn in my bloodstream -

Whilst we drove to his flat, there wasn't much talking. I was still embarrassed and he seemed to be shy, just not knowing what to talk about. Finally he asked "So what are you doing to earn money? Since you know how I'm doing it it would be fair, if I knew the same about you." He smiled. Hell Dan if you only knew I would have to talk the whole day about myself so you know the same about me as I know about you... "I'm an event manager. I'm currently working in a huge company and we're very busy right now because of Christmas and New Years parties." I said. "Wow that sounds wicked!" He said "Do you also manage gigs or just those company celebrations?" "Oh, right now I'm doing those company celebrations, but I actually learned how to manage gigs and festivals. When I'll have a better position in the company I'll go back to those." I said excited. This was all I wanted since I was about 12 years old. I was and still am totally in love with music and I love to have things under control. Not a creepy possessive controlling, but the one where you can make decisions by yourself and you can decide weather to do something or not. I loved managing. This was the job for me. My purpose, if you can say so.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Dan said "And?" Shit, I stopped listening to him when I was totally captivated in my thoughts. "What?" I said, well seems like my polite manners have disappeared. "Sorry I was totally in my thoughts... I didn't listen I'm sorry." I said sheepish. "No problem, happens to me more often than you think. I asked why do you have to get a better position in the company before doing what you love?" "Well, I just moved here about 2 months ago, so I'm working there for the same time now. I can't just go and tell my boss I want to have another subject area after this short time he hired me." I explained "Now I understand your barely furnished flat. So when you just moved here, all your stuff is in this container right? How long were you waiting for it now?" "I've been waiting almost those two months, because the container should have arrived a few days after myself. And I'm from Germany" I said smiling. "Oh that's shit." he said and I probably looked a bit shocked because he immediately started to explain himself . "God, I didn't mean that you're from Germany, I meant that you had to wait so long for all your stuff! I really like Germany we've been there a couple of times now and Woody's wife is even related to Germans! I can say a few words in German too." "What can you say then?", I asked curious about his German skills. "I'm not that good, I'll probably embarrass myself if I talk in German now." he chuckled. "Please, I'm talking your language all the time and I'm pretty sure not everything I said was right so far." "No your English is really good! I was wondering where you're coming from because you don't have the London accent but I didn't recognize any mistakes." "Why, thank you. And now tell me something in German." I said smirking. "Err, okay there's no way I'm avoiding this right?"

I shook my head and he sighed. He thought about something and looked at me, then he said "Hallo, ich heiße Dan, wie geht's?" Oh my god, I had to suppress squeak. This was the cutest thing I've ever heard in my entire life and now I was beaming with delight at him. He spoke in his typical London accent and tried to get the words out right and well it was just too sweet. He just smiled shyly and I said "This wasn't bad at all!" "Thank you." He sure seemed a bit embarrassed but I didn't care, it was at least totally sweet to me.

After a couple more minutes later he entered a parking lot and stopped. "Here we are." he declared and we both stepped out into the cold December air. It started snowing again, and big white snowflakes fell down from the sky. I was standing there staring through the clouds, admiring the snow and letting out my breath just to see the dust coming from my mouth. "You coming?" He called, "Yeah sorry" I answered and I walked up to him, following to the huge building, where his flat must be. "What were you doing there?" He asked. "Errr, I just admired the snow? You know I love winter." I told him. He just smiled, shook his head slightly and walked further. 

Outside the apartment block stood a big white container. My heart started to beat faster than before, by the sight of my stuff I missed so much. First thing was to check on my Cello and Piano. I was so stuck in checking, that I totally forgot Dan's presence. When I turned around he stood there smirking. "Oh god, I'm so sorry I totally forgot this is all your time I'm wasting here!" "You're not wasting my time I just brought all the things from my car upstairs." "Good, so I'll just take some things too and leave. We should come up with a solution right now. Maybe I could get a truck right after Christmas to swap our containers." "Oh I already asked a friend of mine, he's also the one who is moving our band stuff around, we could borrow his truck tomorrow morning if you want to?" "What?! Dan that's great, of course do I want to! I have to work tomorrow but I could go later, I'm done with all my work anyways I just have to be there for questions and stuff." I said happily. "Okay, so I'll drive you back home now if you have your stuff together?" "Yeah sure, I'll just take my Cello, I got everything else tomorrow anyway."

I was beaming, this was probably the best Christmas ever although I was alone, I was in London, I met Dan Smith and I had my Cello back, which is what I missed the most of everything. I was looking forward to play it as soon as I'm home, so I sat in his car impatiently. "I didn't know you could play." he said. "Seems like you're really happy to have your Cello back", he laughed. "I really am, you can't imagine how much I missed this thing! And I can play, not really good but it's so much fun to me!" "You're kidding, I bet you're really good! I also saw the piano in your container, you must love making music, and when you love something you're always good at it." "Well, you won't find out anyway." I said teasingly, "I never play in front of people." "I wasn't used to it too, and now I'm in a band, we won a BRIT Award and we are surprisingly successful in many huge countries." "Well, that's not surprising at all. You're a music genius! All the lyrics and the chords are amazing! So you're more deserved successful than anything else." I said, whilst I felt the red creeping up my cheeks.

Gosh why couldn't I just shut my stupid mouth. Now I was blushing badly and making everything awkward. "Err, well thank you." Dan said clearly embarrassed. Wow good job Daphne... 

A few minutes later we arrived at mine. We both stepped out the car, "Thank you so much for the ride home, that was very nice of you.", I said. "Maybe you want to come in and have a cup of tea or coffee?" I asked to be friendly, even if I wanted nothing more than being alone right now and playing my Cello. Stupid me, who else wouldn't want Dan Smith for a cup of tea in their flat? "No, thank you I have some things to do before tomorrow. It was so nice to meet you and my pleasure to drive you back home.", he said. Oh so sweet always the gentleman Mr. Smith. I just nodded and said " See you tomorrow then? Will you text me when you'll be here?" "Yeah sure, I'll text you and we'll see how we get this sorted, bye." He waved awkwardly and drove off. 

I waved back, took my Cello and went in. What a great day, I thought to myself. It already got dark and when I looked at the clock it was 8pm. Well, time flew by. I entered the kitchen and warmed some lasagne up, I had yesterday. After I ate I sat down and played cello. It was such a good feeling, I missed so long now. I started with some Beethoven, yeah I know odd, but I just love the third symphonie. After about two hours I stopped, it was already 11pm and I had a lot to do tomorrow. I took a quick shower and went to bed awaiting the next day.