Pokemon: A Ketchum Journey. V...

By tanishatribe1118

Ash Ketchum is officially ten years old and is starting his journey to become a Pokemon Master with his eight... More

I Choose You!
Pokemon Emergency
Ash Captures a Pokémon
Challenge of the Samurai
Showdown in Pewter City
Clefairy and the Moon Stone
The Water Flowers of Cerulean City
The Path to the Pokémon League
The School of Hard Knocks
Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village
Charmander, the Stray Pokémon
Here comes the Squirtle Squad
Mystery at the Lighthouse
Electric Shock Showdown
Battle Aboard the St. Anne
Pokemon Shipwreck
Island of the Giant Pokémon
Tentacool and Tentacruel
The Ghost of Maiden's Peak
Bye Bye Butterfree
Abra and the Psychic Showdown
The Tower of Terror
Haunter vs. Kadabra
Primeape Goes Bananas
Pokémon Scent-sation
Hypno's Naptime
Pokémon Fashion Flash
The Punchy Pokémon
Sparks Fly for Magnemite
Dig Those Diglett!
The Flame Pokémon-athon!
The Kangaskhan Kid
The Bridge Bike Gang
Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
Pikachu's Goodbye
The Battling Eevee Brothers
Wake up, Snorlax!

The Ninja-Poké Showdown

43 3 0
By tanishatribe1118

Groaning, Ash and Hayley pop their heads out of a bush. "All right. Where's this famous Fuchsia Gym we're looking for anyway?" Ash asked Brock.

"I can't believe there's a gym out in the middle of nowhere like this." said Misty, popping up next to Ash.

"I wonder why the Fuchsia Gym Leader has chosen to put their gym in the middle of nowhere." said Hayley.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu, popping up underneath Ash.

"Riolu." said Meeko, popping up underneath Hayley.

"Hmm." said Brock, popping up on the other side of Hayley.

Narrator: As our heroes travel toward their next adventure at the Fuchsia Gym, they pass through a deep forest where they find themselves....

"I think it's this way." said Ash, Misty and Brock, pointing in three different directions.

Hayley: Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.

Meeko: Riolu.

Narrator: Completely lost.

At a small waterfall, the quartet sits down for a rest while Hayley and Meeko were chasing each other around. "Psy...." said Psyduck while drinking from the waterfall.

"Well, let's get going." said Ash. "I got to get to that Fuchsia Gym and win another badge."

"Wait a minute. Let's wait for Psyduck." said Misty.

"Psy." said Psyduck, as it just finished getting some water.

"Psyduck, cold water can make a headache even worse." Misty said to the duck.

"Psy?" asked Psyduck, placing a hand on its head.

"Sometimes I just look at that Psyduck face and I get a headache." said Misty.

"What beautiful hair." said Brock, sitting behind Misty as he brushes Vulpix's fur.

"Huh?" said Misty, glaring at Brock's back.

"Suzie's such a great breeder." said Brock.

"Hey, Brock. How about a trade?" Misty asked him. "That Vulpix for my Psyduck?"

"No way." said Brock.

"It wouldn't take much time to brush 'cause Psyduck only has three hairs." said Misty.

"Psy." said Psyduck, turning away and looking at its hair.

"How about you, Hayley? Wanna trade Meeko for Psyduck?" Misty asked the young girl.

"No thanks." said Hayley as she and Meeko stopped chasing each other. "I would rather try and catch a Golduck somewhere rather than trade Meeko."

"Come on, guys. We better get going." said Ash. Unknown to them, a furry purple Pokémon was watching them in the trees. Crawling across a plank that was perched high over a river, Ash looks down.

"Hold on. If we fall, our Pokémon journey's over." said Ash.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu, holding onto Ash's backpack.

"Ah!" screamed Ash, his hand slipping off the plank. "Are you sure Fuchsia Gym is somewhere around here?"

"Pika!" said Pikachu, pointing to the other side of the small river.

"Huh?" said Hayley, Misty and Brock as they see the building.

"Huh? What's that?" asked Ash.

"That's weird. A huge mansion right in the middle of nowhere." said Misty.

"Why is it in the middle of nowhere?" asked Hayley.

"Maybe whoever built it likes seclusion." suggested Brock. "I didn't know any old houses like this still existed."

"Well, at least we can ask somebody here the way to the Fuchsia Gym." said Ash.

Perched on a branch, the purple furry Pokémon watched as they entered the courtyard and towards the mansion. "Hello? Is anybody here?" asked Ash as they opened a sliding wooden door.

"Is anyone home?" asked Misty and Hayley.

"Seems deserted." said Brock.

"Hello." Ash called out.

"Hm." said Misty as she leaned against the wall, which then turns around. "Ah!"

"Huh? Misty?" asked Ash.

"I'm getting scared." said Hayley.

"Riolu." said Meeko, jumping into her arms.

"Kachu." said Pikachu.

"Whats wrong?" asked Brock. "Where's Misty?"

"Chu! Olu!" said Pikachu and Meeko.

"She's gone." said Ash.

"Where did she go?" asked Hayley as Brock starts tapping on the wall.

"Ash, Hayley, this is a secret door." said Brock.

"Secret door?" asked Ash.

"Like in the movies?" asked Hayley.

"Exactly." he replied and demonstrated by punching hard on the door. "When you touch this door, it opens."

"Ow. Brock, what kind of crazy place is this?" asked Misty, looking up at the others.

"It sure isn't your run-of-the-mill mansion." said Brock.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu, pointing to what was behind Misty.

"Huh?" they said, looking up to see the purple furry Pokémon coming out from behind a box.

"You're cute." said Hayley.

"Riolu." said Meeko.

"Venonat!" it squeaked.

"Whats that?" asked Ash.

"Venonat. A bug Pokémon. Its eyes function as radar, allowing it to see in the dark." said Dexter.

"Venonat!" squeaked Venonat.

"Hey, that's not a run-of-the-mill Pokémon." said Ash and Venonat takes off through the secret door. "Hey, wait up! Where is the owner of this place?"

"Venonat!" said Venonat, as though telling the quartet to follow it.

"Say what?" asked Ash.

"Maybe it wants us to follow it, Ash." said Misty.

"Chu." said Pikachu.

"It could lead us to the owner of the mansion." said Hayley.

"Riolu." said Meeko.

"Let's go see." said Brock.

"Yeah." said Ash and the four ran after Venonat when they were suddenly stop by Ash getting an electric shock. "Pikachu. Why did you do that to me?"

"Chu-chu." Pikachu tells him.

"How can Pikachu shock you if he was running behind you, Ash?" asked Hayley.

"Olu." added Meeko.

"Well, if you didn't do it, then...." Ash said.

"Ash, look there!" said Brock, turning their attention to what shocked Ash.

"Doesn't look friendly." said Ash as he takes Dexter out again. "Wonder what it is."

"Voltorb. The identity of this creature is unknown." Dexter explained. "It has an extreme personality, uses electric attacks, and at times, self-destructs."

"Who in their right mind would put a Voltorb in the floor, let alone for it to self-destruct on unsuspecting people?" asked Hayley, looking at Voltorb.

"Riolu?" asked Meeko, pointing to Voltorb.

"Voltorb." said Voltorb, rising from the floor.

"This place gets weirder and weirder." said Ash as they went in a different direction and away from Voltorb. "Where'd Venonat go?"

"Look! Over there." said Misty, pointing to the end of the hall.

"Hey! Wait up." said Ash as they ran after it again.

"Wait for us, you cute little thing." said Hayley when suddenly Ash runs into a glass window. "Ooh. That's gotta hurt."

"Ah." said Brock.

"Ash, what is it? What happened?" asked Misty.

"Are you in pain?" Hayley asked her brother.

"It's an invisible wall." said Brock.

"An invisible wall?" asked the girls as Ash groans and falls to the side.

"Brock, this place is really giving me the creeps." said Misty.

"Yeah, I want to get out of this place." said Hayley.

"Olu." Meeko demanded.

"Right." Brock said in agreement. "We better get out of here while we still have the chance."

"Yeah, come on, Ash. Let's go." said Misty.

"We got you, Ash." said Hayley. The next thing they knew, Ash had walked into another invisible wall. "It's another invisible wall." said Brock as Misty and Hayley screamed. "I think we've fallen into somebody's trap."

"A trap?" asked Misty.

"A trap?" asked Ash.

"Whoever they are, if they think that this kind of trap is funny, I'm not laughing one bit." said Hayley.

"Riolu. Olu." said Meeko.

"I hope they're not trying trap us so they can steal our Pokémon." Brock tells them.

"Huh?"

"'cause I don't want them to take away my Vulpix." said Brock, tears streaming down his face.

"Come on, Brock. We gotta get out of this place." said Ash, looking out one of the small windows of a wall. "Maybe there's an exit. Ah!"

"Ah!" screamed the others as the wall fell forward with Ash on it. "Ash!"

"Pika, pi!" screamed Pikachu.

"Riolu!" screamed Meeko.

"Oh, no! He's gone." said Brock, bringing Hayley close to him.

"Oh, Ash." said Misty.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu.

"Hey, guys! I'm still alive." said Ash.

"Huh?" said Misty and Brock.

"Here. Down here." said Ash, gaining their attention. "Come on. Help me up!"

"A piece of advice," Hayley said to Misty and Brock. "if someone was being thrown into the water in a life-or-death situation, always wait to hear a splash. I learned that from Professor Oak when Ash accidentally pushed me into the water one time at Pokémon camp."

"Oh, that was close." said Ash, once they pulled him out.

"This is a dangerous place if you're not careful." said Brock. "That could've been Hayley."

Just then, they heard a door creak open behind them. "Huh?" they said and look to see Venonat in front of them.

"Venonat?" asked Ash. "It's you. I'm going to teach you a lesson." Ash then runs after the bug Pokémon. "Come back! Ah!"

Just as the secret door turned on Misty, Hayley and Brock, there was a surprised thrown at Ash. "Whoa!" shouted Ash as he was soon stuck to the wall.

"That's not good!" said Hayley.

"Ash!" shouted Misty and Brock.

"Kachu!" said Pikachu.

"Riolu!" said Meeko. They went through the secret door to find that Ash wasn't there.

"Huh? Where is he?" asked Misty.

"There must be another way out." said Brock as Hayley looked behind them.

"Maybe it's just another trick." said Misty.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that, Misty." said Hayley.

"What makes you think that?" asked Misty.

"If it's a trick, then why do I see my brother stuck to the wall with sharp objects?" asked Hayley as the secret door turns around with Ash on it.

"Someone help me." said Ash.

"Huh?" said Misty as a female's voice laugh maniacally. "Huh?"

"Born in darkness, living in darkness, such is fate of the ninja." said the woman, kneeling in front of them. "I am Aya, ninja warrior."

"But don't you think that color is a little bright for a ninja?" asked Misty.

"It's a little too bright, even for me." said Hayley.

"I don't need your fashion report." said Aya. "But tell me, didn't you enjoy my little star treatment?"

"You can't just chuck throwing stars around." said Ash. "It's dangerous."

"You could've killed him by mistake." said Hayley.

"That's right. Tell her, Brock." said Misty when they all turned to see Brock falling head over heels for her. "Huh?"

"I think that electric pink suits you perfectly, and you certainly look lovely." Brock said dreamily as Aya smacks away his hand. "Ah! (chuckles)"

"Whoa." said Ash as Misty smacks her forehead and Hayley tries to get the throwing stars out of her brother's clothes.

"This is a training camp." Aya tells them. "It was your fault you let your guard down."

"My guard down?" Ash asked as Aya stomps on Brock.

"I won't let you leave this mansion without having a Pokémon battle with me first." she said.

"Huh?" said Misty and Hayley.

"Venonat." said Venonat, appearing behind Aya's leg.

"Oh, that thing." said Ash.

"This Venonat informed me that four stupid-looking people had entered this mansion." said Aya.

"Venonat. Veno." squealed Venonat.

"For your information we're not the stupid ones around here." said Ash. "I accept your challenge. Uh, but first can you let me down from here before my sister cuts herself?"

"Ah!" said all but Hayley.

"Before you let him down, I've got something to say to that Venonat." said Hayley.

"Pikachu." Pikachu tells her.

"Olu." said Meeko.

"Venonat, I want to know why you called me stupid?" asked Hayley.

"Veno? Venonat?" it asked.

"Let's get something straight here, Venonat." Hayley said to Venonat, before getting into its personal space. "I'm not stupid. Neither are Misty, Brock or my brother. Don't judge people or other Pokémon until you get to know them. Otherwise, you are assuming the worst of people and other Pokemon."

"Venonat. Venonat." it nodded.

"Good. We're on the same page." said Hayley, patting its head as Aya removed her throwing stars from Ash. "You're still cute though. Just saying."

"One Pokémon for each of us. Choose yours now." said Aya.

"Bulbasaur, I choose you!" shouted Ash.

"Bulbasaur." said Bulbasaur.

"I select Venonat." said Aya.

"Venonat." said Venonat.

"Bulbasaur! Tackle now!" shouted Ash.

"Bulbasaur!" shouted Bulbasaur as it went towards Venonat.

"Venonat!" said Venonat, dodging Bulbasaur's Tackle.

"Sar!" said Bulbasaur as Venonat jumped on it.

"Venonat, Stun Spore!" shouted Aya and Venonat shrieks as it sends out Stun Spore.

"Bulbasaur, Whirlwind!" said Ash and Bulbasaur blew away the Stun Spore. "Now! Vine Whip!"

Bulbasaur extended its Vine Whip towards Venonat. "Venonat! Venonat!" said Venonat, dodging the attack before jumping over Bulbasaur.

"Psybeam, now." shouted Aya as Psybeam came out of Venonat's eyes, hitting Bulbasaur.

"Bulbasaur!" Ash cried out.

"Bulb...a....saur..." groaned Bulbasaur.

"Hang in there, Bulbasaur." said Ash as it shakes its head from Psybeam. "Now it's time to give it your Leech Seed!"

"Bulbasaur!" shouted Bulbasaur.

"Venonat!" squeaked Venonat, dodging to the side as it gave Bulbasaur another round of Psybeam.

A seed came out of Bulbasaur's bulb, aimed it at Venonat and landed on its head. Vines came out of the seed, surrounding Venonat's body and sucked the energy from it, causing Venonat to shriek in pain.

"Venonat?" Aya asked.

"Ha. Leech Seed is sucking away your Venonat's power." said Ash. "It's helpless."

"Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur." said Bulbasaur.

"Return, Venonat." said Aya, calling Venonat back to its Pokéball.

"Good work, Bulbasaur. A victory for me." Ash said to Bulbasaur as Aya growls.

"Voltorb." said Voltorb, rolling into the room.

"It's that Voltorb." said Misty, surprised that it rolled in.

"Uh.....Voltorb's not gonna self-destruct on us, is it?" asked Hayley.

"Olu." said Meeko, shaking in Hayley's arms when suddenly Voltorb self-destructs, creating a cloud of smoke in the room.

"Well, that answers my question." said Hayley.

"You've still got a lot to learn, Aya." said a man, appearing through the smoke.

"Honored brother, I have failed." said Aya, kneeling before him.

"And you're Aya's older brother?" Brock asked. "My name is Brock. You sure have a pretty sister. It's a pleasure to meet....Ah!"

"This is no time to kiss up, Brock." said Misty, hitting the poor guy on the head with her mallet.

"She's not your type, man." said Hayley.

"None of you will be permitted to leave this venerable mansion unless you do battle with me." he said.

"Yeah, well take it up with the boy in the hat behind me." said Hayley, pointing over her shoulder to Ash. "He's the one you want to have a battle with."

"Who are you?" asked Ash, ignoring his sister's comment.

"I am Koga, the Pokémon master of the Fuchsia Gym." said Koga.

"Oh, so this is the Fuchsia Gym." said Misty.

"That is correct, Miss." said Koga.

"Cool. But you might want to make an adjustment to one of your walls." said Hayley. "If I was leaning on it, I could have fallen to my death. Just wanted to make that clear, you know."

"Well, at least we're in the right place." said Ash, looking at the room.

"So, that's the famous ninja mansion." said Meowth as he looks through the Team Rocket binoculars.

"Well, I for one, am not that impressed." said James. "It looks like a Japanese restaurant."

"There are a lot of precious poisonous Pokémon in that mansion." said Jessie.

"Then let's figure a way to bust into this ninja joint, snatch the poison Pokémon and hit the road." said Meowth.

"Poisonous Pokémon are positively perfect for perfidious people like us." said Jessie, holding up a rose.

"What does that mean?" asked James.

"It means beautiful things can be painful." said Jessie, tossing him the rose.

"Ow. That hurt." said James, catching the rose.

"Let's go." said Jessie, throwing her binoculars at his head.

"Ooh!"

"Well, that's fine with me." Ash said Koga. "We were looking for the Fuchsia Gym, and now I'll win one of your badges."

"This soul badge will be yours, if you defeat me, of course." said Koga, holding up his gym's official badge.

"All right let's battle." said Ash.

"We shall have a two-on-two Pokémon battle, young man." said Koga.

"That's fine with me. I'll start with Pidgeotto!" said Ash.

"Then I shall lead with Venonat." said Koga.

"Pidgeo!" squawked Pidgeotto.

"Guess I'll just have to beat this Venonat too." said Ash after letting out a laugh.

"(laughs) This Venonat has a great deal more experience." said Koga as Venonat suddenly evolves into what seemed to be a moth, causing Ash to gasp.

"Venomoth! Venomoth! Venomoth!" said Venomoth.

"A metamorphosis attack?" asked Brock.

"No, it just evolved." said Misty.

"Plus, I don't think that's an actual attack, Brock." said Hayley as she and Meeko tilt their heads in confusion. "Otherwise, it would've been in the Handbook."

"Venomoth. An evolved form of Venonat." said Dexter. "Tiny scales on its wings disperse various spores when they are flapped."

"Uh-oh." said Ash.

"Venomoth, Stun Spore." said Koga.

"Venomoth!" said Venomoth, flapping its wings as it spreads its Stun Spore.

"Pidgeotto, Whirlwind!" said Ash.

"Geotto!" screeched Pidgeotto, flapping its wings to get rid of Stun Spore but was too late.

"Pidgeotto!" Ash called out.

"Venomoth, release your Sleep Powder." said Koga. Powder from Venomoth's wings was released on Pidgeotto, who shrieked and falls to the ground, sleeping. "Oh. Pidgeotto, return!" said Ash. "Charmander, go!"

"Venomoth, Stun Spore!" said Koga as Venomoth does so.

"Charmander! Flamethrower!" shouted Ash.

"Char!" shouted Charmander, releasing Flamethrower from its mouth, cutting through Stun Spore.

"Great job, Charmander." said Ash, smiling before he notices something going on with the roof. "Huh? Whats that?"

"I don't like where that curtain's going." said Hayley, making her 30th tick in her notebook as the curtain dropped from the ceiling.

"Welcome to the show." said Team Rocket, holding umbrellas in front of them and Meowth's back was turned.

"Whats going on here?" asked Ash.

"Now let our ancient performance begin." said Jessie. "Prepare for trouble."

"Make it double."

"To protect the world from devastation..."

"To untie all peoples within our nation...."

"To denounce the evils of truth and love..."

"To extend our reach to the stars above..."

"Jessie."

"James."

"Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light." said Jessie.

"Surrender now or prepare to fight." said James.

"Meowth! That's right!" said Meowth. "Now step aside while we pick up all your pretty little poisonous Pokémon."

"Forget it, Meowth." said Ash.

"Those outfits are something that I want burned from my brain." said Hayley.

"You think so?" asked Misty.

"Yeah....I wouldn't wear them unless there was a huge celebration somewhere." Hayley tells her. "Like a festival."

"Jessie, it's too hard to move in these costumes." James complained.

"A ninja mansion calls for a kabuki star." said Jessie. "We have to wear these outfits."

"Yes, but...." said James.

"If you can't move, we'll lose the Pokémon." said Meowth.

"You're right. Let's change." said Jessie.

"We'll have to join forces to vanquish them." said Koga.

"Right." said Ash. "Charmander, go!"

"Char!" shouted Charmander.

"Go, Venomoth." said Koga.

"Go, Venonat." said Aya.

"Step right up. Ha." said James, sending what seemed to be sticky String Shot from his hand.

"Huh?"

"Oh."

"Ah, Pikachu." Ash said, turning to the mouse.

"Pika!" shouted Pikachu.

"Meeko, you too." said Hayley.

"Riolu!" said Meeko.

"You're in the way." said Jessie, sending out sticky String Shot as well.

"Cha! Olu!" screamed Pikachu and Meeko.

"Pika." Pikachu cried out as he and Meeko fell with sticky String Shot on their bodies.

"Pikachu! Meeko!" shouted Ash and Hayley when Arbok came up and scared them.

"Pika, Pi!" shouted Pikachu.

"Ri, Riolu!" shouted Meeko.

"We need you now, Starmie!" said Misty, but Psyduck decided to come out instead.

"Psyduck." said Psyduck.

"Psyduck! You're not Starmie!" Misty shouted.

"Psy?" Psyduck asked.

"(Groans) This time I'll choose Staryu." said Misty.

"Psy?" asked Psyduck, popping up.

"You're Psyduck, not Staryu. Don't you understand?" Misty asked the duck, before giving in. "Fine, then. Go if you want to."

"Psyduck. Psy." said Psyduck, hugging her leg as it tries to beg for her forgiveness, causing Misty to groan. "Psy!"

"Psyduck, you're driving me insane!" Misty shouted, causing Ash and Hayley to hold her back.

"Psy-i-i-i." Psyduck tells her before walking away. "Psyduck. Psyduck."

"What attacks can Psyduck do?" Misty asked Ash and Hayley.

"Let's find out." said Hayley.

"Here, ask Dexter." said Ash.

"Psyduck's attacks are: one, Tail Whip." said Dexter.

"Psyduck, Tail Whip attack now!" shouted Misty.

"Psyduck. Psyduck. Psy..." said Psyduck, wagging its little duck tail as the others groaned.

"What kind of a Tail Whip is that?" asked Hayley.

"A weak one." said Brock.

"How can you call that lame tail wag an attack?" asked Misty, angrily.

"It must have other attacks." said Ash.

"Psyduck attacks. Number two: Scratch." said Dexter.

"All right, Psyduck. Scratch attack, now!" shouted Misty.

"Psyduck." said Psyduck, its nails sharp as it ran towards Arbok. "Psy. Psy." Instead of scratching Arbok's face, Arbok took a bite out of Psyduck. "Psy!" screamed Psyduck as it looks up and starts running around. "Psyduck! Psyduck! Psyduck!"

"What a totally pathetic Pokémon." said Misty, her hands at her head. "Now it's giving me a headache."

"I think I have a way out of this." said Koga as he pulls the rope behind them.

"Huh?" said Team Rocket as Voltorb fell from the ceiling.

"What are they?" asked Meowth.

"I don't know what they are, but they're in the way." said Jessie, sending out the sticky String Shot at the Voltorb, who then became sad once they were being pulled towards Team Rocket. "This is a nice little catch."

"I don't know what these things are, but I can use them to practice my bowling game." said Meowth with a Voltorb in hand.

"That's a Voltorb." said James, whimpering in fear.

"A Voltorb?" asked Meowth and to answer his question, Voltorb turned in his paw.

"Voltorb." said Voltorb, glaring as it self-destructs.

"Ah!" screamed Meowth. Smoke surrounded the room as everyone went through a trap door, coughing.

"Ah!"

"Hey, Brock." said Misty as they were tilted to the left side. "Do you notice anything weird about this room?"

"Cause I know I do." said Hayley.

"The walls, the beams, the ceiling, they're all on a slant." said Brock.

"This is a slanted room to confuse our enemies." said Koga.

"I like it." said Hayley. Pikachu and Meeko were groaning as Ash and Hayley tried to pull it off. "No good. We can't get it off the three of you." said Ash as Charmander tries itself.

"Char." said Charmander.

"How about your electric attack, Pikachu?" Ash asked.

"Kachu!" shouted Pikachu, using electricity to get the sticky String Shot off his body.

"Char." said Charmander.

"Pikachu." Pikachu tells Ash.

"This gunk isn't affected by electricity." said Ash.

"I would cut it off, but I'm not damaging Meeko's fur." said Hayley as she and Meeko continued to get it out.

"Riolu." sighed Meeko, hanging her head in defeat. Just then, low rumbling was heard from below. "Huh?" said Ash.

"There you are." said Meowth as he, Jessie and James blasted through the wall with all the Voltorb.

"For some reason I seem to be losing my liqui-ebrium." said James as he and Jessie starts to slide to the right.

"Whoa!"

"They built this place like a fun house." said Meowth. "The floor is slanted. Maybe they'll have some fun with this Voltorb."

"Voltorb." said Voltorb as Meowth rolled it to the others but self-destructed instead.

"Pikachu! Electric Attack now!" shouted Ash as he coughed through the smoke.

"Pika. Pika." Pikachu tells him, reminding him of what happened earlier.

"Oh, I forgot." said Ash as Psyduck ran back and forth between them and Team Rocket.

"Whats with this loser Pokémon?" asked Meowth.

"Gee, I don't know. Why don't you ask Psyduck for us, Meowth." Hayley said sarcastically.

"Psyduck, you're just going to get hurt. Return." said Misty, trying to get Psyduck into its Pokémon but it didn't listen.

"Psy-i-i-i!" screamed Psyduck, running back and forth which started to get on Meowth's nerves.

"You're in the way!" shouted Meowth as he kicked Psyduck back.

"Let's snatch this Pokémon, too." said James, picking Psyduck up.

"We don't need a Pokémon like that." said Meowth, hitting Psyduck back to Misty, only to jump back up and run around.

"Even rejected by Team Rocket." said Misty.

"It looks like it's headache's getting worse." said Brock.

"Uh, look." said Misty, grabbing ahold of Psyduck to keep it still. "You come right here now. Huh?" Just then, Psyduck calms down and starts screaming at Team Rocket. "Ah! What's...? What's happening?" asked Jessie.

"I...I'm frozen. I can't move!" said James.

"Hey, this must be one of Psyduck's attacks." said Brock.

"Psyduck's attacks. Number three: Disable." said Dexter. A blue light surrounded Psyduck as it lifts Team Rocket into the air. "Psyduck's attacks. Number four: Confusion." said Dexter as Team Rocket screamed from being knocked into the wall.

"Psyduck's attacks are pretty good." said Misty.

"Yeah." said Brock.

"Maybe Psyduck's Confusion will knock some creativity into Team Rocket." said Hayley.

"You're right." said Ash as Team Rocket crashed through the roof and into the sky.

"This place looks a lot nicer from the air." said James.

"And what else it looks like...." said Meowth.

"Team Rocket's blasting off again." shouted Team Rocket.

"Psy." said Psyduck as its Confusion gets the gunk off of the Pokémon.

"Pika."

"Char."

"Riolu."

As Brock sighs, Psyduck groans and falls forward. "And you had that kind of power all along?" Misty asked Psyduck as Ash and Hayley were curious to know as well.

"When Psyduck's headache becomes severe, it uses amazing power." Dexter explains to Misty.

"Psy-i-i-duck." said Psyduck.

"That kind of talent's a real pain." said Brock.

"Don't I know it." said Hayley, looking up at Ash.

"Oh, yeah." said Misty.

"Magnificent. That was quite an impressive display." said Koga, walking up with Aya.

"I was very impressed by your performance." Aya said to Psyduck.

"Young lady, would you consider trading your Psyduck for my Venomoth?" Koga asked.

"I'd gladly trade for my Venonat." said Aya.

"Well, I wouldn't trade Psyduck for any Pokémon in the world." said Misty, hugging Psyduck.

"Misty, you couldn't wait to get rid of Psyduck." said Ash.

"Yeah. Talk about a complete attitude change." said Hayley.

"A woman's heart can be a fickle thing, you two." said Brock.

"A Pokémon like that would certainly merit one of our soul badges." said Koga.

"Uh, that's right." said Ash. "We still haven't finished our match."

Outside of the Gym, the battle resumed. "The Pokémon I choose for this battle is Charmander." said Ash.

"And I will choose Golbat." said Koga.

"Golbat!" said Golbat.

"Whats that?" asked Ash.

"Golbat. Attacking with its sharp fangs, this Pokémon can drain 300 cubic centimeters of blood per bite." said Dexter.

"Be careful, Charmander." said Ash.

"Really careful." Hayley said from the sidelines.

"Golbat. Wing Attack." said Koga.

"Golbat. Golbat. Golbat. Golbat." said Golbat, attacking Charmander at flying speed.

"Charmander. Ember Attack." said Ash.

"Charmander!" shouted Charmander, swinging its tail and releasing embers.

"Golbat. Golbat." said Golbat as embers missed it.

"All right. Good job, Charmander." said Ash.

"Golbat. Golbat."

"Golbat, use your Screech Attack." said Koga.

"Golbat. Golbat." said Golbat, releasing its Screech on Charmander, hurting Charmander's ears.

"Oh, I can't stand that noise." said Misty, covering her ears.

"Ah! I'm getting goose bumps." said Brock as Hayley covers Meeko's ears.

"Charmander, Flamethrower." Ash called out over the Screech.

"Char! Char! Char!" said Charmander and accidentally burns Brock's face.

"Ouch." said Brock.

"That's gotta hurt." said Hayley.

"Riolu." said Meeko.

"Golbat. Golbat. Golbat." said Golbat when Charmander's Flamethrower hits its wing.

"Okay. Finish it off with Fire Spin." said Ash.

"Char!" shouted Charmander, releasing Fire Spin.

"Golbat. Golbat." said Golbat as Charmander's Fire Spin closes in. "Golbat."

"We did it." said Ash as Golbat passed out.

"Char, Char." said Charmander.

"Come here, you little cutie." said Hayley and Charmander jumps into her arms for a hug.

"You have beaten me." said Koga. "And Psyduck saved my Voltorb from being stolen by those thieves. This soul badge rightfully belongs to you."

"A soul badge! All right!" said Ash.

"We both have got to learn about battle." Koga said to Aya. "We will now train even harder, Aya."

"Yes, Brother." Aya replied.

"Yes! I got a soul badge. All right! Woo-hoo!" cheered Ash, jumping in glee.

Narrator: So, after earning a soul badge, our heroes continue along on their Pokémon journey.

"You know, you did a really great job back there, Psyduck." said Misty as Psyduck looks up at her. "I hope success doesn't go to your head."

"Psyduck." said Psyduck.

Hayley: If it does, you think Misty will let us drop Psyduck on its head?

Meeko, shrugging but hopeful: Riolu.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 30 47
Ash and Hayley Ketchum are continuing their journey in following Ash's Dream in becoming a Pokemon Master. As they make more friends and capture more...
49.9K 767 40
If Leon vs. Alain, or the Tournament in the anime is not your cup of tea, why not read another version of the Masters 8? The story continues from Pok...
789 25 14
Ash Ketchum is continuing his journey to become a Pokemon Master with his eight-year-old sister Hayley, by his side. Follow Ash, Hayley, their Pokemo...
3.2K 10 67
Ash Ketchum a ten year old boy ready for his Pokémon journey.Along his side is a electric rodent with that wants to grow his power.Along the the way...