Pokemon: A Ketchum Journey. V...

By tanishatribe1118

Ash Ketchum is officially ten years old and is starting his journey to become a Pokemon Master with his eight... More

I Choose You!
Pokemon Emergency
Ash Captures a Pokémon
Challenge of the Samurai
Showdown in Pewter City
Clefairy and the Moon Stone
The Water Flowers of Cerulean City
The Path to the Pokémon League
The School of Hard Knocks
Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village
Charmander, the Stray Pokémon
Here comes the Squirtle Squad
Mystery at the Lighthouse
Electric Shock Showdown
Battle Aboard the St. Anne
Pokemon Shipwreck
Island of the Giant Pokémon
Tentacool and Tentacruel
The Ghost of Maiden's Peak
Bye Bye Butterfree
Abra and the Psychic Showdown
The Tower of Terror
Haunter vs. Kadabra
Primeape Goes Bananas
Pokémon Scent-sation
Pokémon Fashion Flash
The Punchy Pokémon
Sparks Fly for Magnemite
Dig Those Diglett!
The Ninja-Poké Showdown
The Flame Pokémon-athon!
The Kangaskhan Kid
The Bridge Bike Gang
Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
Pikachu's Goodbye
The Battling Eevee Brothers
Wake up, Snorlax!

Hypno's Naptime

54 3 0
By tanishatribe1118

Narrator: After winning a Rainbow badge from Erika, Ash, Hayley and their friends find themselves in a new city.

"Gee, it sort of feels like all these buildings are closing in on us." said Ash.

"I feel smaller than ever." said Hayley.

"Yeah and they're all so tall, you can hardly see any sky." said Misty.

"Where are we, Brock?" asked Ash.

"Uh, Hophophop Town?" questioned Brock.

"Hop, hop, hop?" the three asked, hopping to the left.

"Chu. Pikachu?" asked Pikachu.

"Rio. Riolu?" asked Meeko.

"Arnold!" shouted a woman's voice behind them.

"Huh?"

"Who's Arnold?" asked Hayley.

"Arnold!" said the woman, running up to them and hugging Ash. "Where have you been, Arnold? Mother's been so worried."

"Huh?"

"Pika? Riol?"

"Excuse me, but my name is Ash." Ash tells the woman.

"I'm his sister, Hayley."

"And my name is Misty, ma'am."

"She wasn't talking to the two of you, Misty." Brock said to the girls.

"I guess not. Ah!" said Misty as Brock drags her and Hayley away.

"Oh! I'm so sorry." said the woman, realizing that she had the wrong boy. "But you look just like my Arnold."

"Huh?" said Ash.

"What happened to him?" asked Misty.

"I'm so upset because my son Arnold just disappeared." said Arnold's mother as they all sit down. "He's been gone for three days. I can't find him anywhere."

"And you haven't heard from him?" asked Brock.

"Not a word." said Arnold's mother.

"Could he have gone off to become a Pokémon trainer?" suggested Ash.

"He did like Pokémon of course, but he never mentioned anything about becoming a trainer." she tells him.

"Don't you think he'll probably come home soon?" asked Misty.

"Mm-mm." said Arnold's mother, shaking her head. "My son isn't the only child who's disappeared recently."

"He's not?" asked Hayley and Brock.

"Huh?" said Ash.

"See those posters?" Arnold's mother asked as they looked over at a wall, line up with missing child posters.

"Posters?" asked Ash.

"Those are pictures of all the children that have disappeared." Arnold's mother tells them.

"That many?" asked Misty.

"That's a lot of missing children." said Hayley.

"This must be a pretty dangerous town." said Ash.

"My picture's going to be on posters when I'm a big, famous star." said Misty, dreaming about being famous, causing both boys to sigh. "Huh? Excuse me."

"Well, maybe in horror movies." said Ash, rubbing Pikachu's head.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu.

"Ri." said Meeko, sad as she looked at the missing posters.

"If I went missing, mom would have the whole town look for me." said Hayley.

"I would look for you first before I involve mom." said Ash.

"They certainly were nice children, all of them." said Officer Jenny, staring at the wall of missing children. "Disappearing one by one like that? I just can't understand it."

She then gets off her bike and heads to the wall. "Hmm, let's see. Where should I hang this one?" she asked herself when Ash and Hayley run up.

"Excuse me." said Ash. "Are you the cousin or second cousin of the Jenny in Maiden's peak?"

"Actually, I'm her cousin's cousin." Officer Jenny tells him.

"It figures." said Ash.

"I was actually kinda hoping that she would say she was her sister this time around." said Hayley.

"Riol." said Meeko.

"It was worth a shot though." said Hayley.

"Riolu." Meeko tells her, hoping that the next Officer Jenny would say it.

"This one's the most beautiful one yet." said Brock, blushing.

"They're all exactly alike." Misty tells him.

"It must be terrible searching for all these lost children." said Brock, pushing Ash and Hayley out of the way and takes Officer Jenny's hand into his. "I would be happy to help you in your search."

"What?" Officer Jenny asked.

"We can both work together hand in hand." he tells her.

"Hmm. Just don't get in the way." said Officer Jenny, taking her hand away from him as Brock chuckles. Ash and Hayley looked back at Arnold's mother, who was looking at the ground.

"Gee, she reminds me of...our mom." said Ash.

"We should call and check in on her." said Hayley. Ash nodded at her suggestion and straightened his hat. "She must be worried." said Ash.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu, hopping onto Ash's hat.

"Riolu." said Meeko, jumping to Hayley's arms.

"You both think so, too?" asked Ash.

"Pika. Olu." said both Pokémon.

"Well, in that case, Detective Ash Ketchum will solve this case."

"Pika!" cheered Pikachu.

"No, not that again." whined Hayley. "Anything but Detective Ash."

"What's wrong with that?" he asked her.

"The last time you tried to solve a case, I wounded up getting a broken arm and a sprained ankle." said Hayley.

"I said sorry, didn't I?" asked Ash.

"That's only because mom made you apologize." argued Hayley. Misty sighs as she hears them.

"All of the missing children disappeared exactly three days ago." said Officer Jenny, leading them further in the city.

"Three days ago?" asked Ash.

"Besides that, do the missing children have anything else in common?" asked Brock.

"That's a brilliant deduction." exclaimed Ash. "The missing children must have something in common."

"They don't have anything in common." said Officer Jenny.

"Hmm." said Ash, thinking.

"But I think other kids may know something about it." she suggested as they walked up to the Pokémon center.

"I see. So, we'll ask the kids in the Pokémon center." said Brock.

"That's it, Brock. Brilliant deduction." said Ash.

"Keep saying that and I will hit you, Ash." said Hayley and he sticks his tongue out at his sister. Inside the Pokémon center, Officer Jenny shows a picture to a couple of kids. "Have you seen this little boy before?" asked Officer Jenny.

"I haven't." said one of the boys.

"Yeah, I play with them all the time." said the other.

"When was the last time you saw him?" she asked.

"I don't know." replied the boy when suddenly Brock appears at their side.

"You two had better answer all these questions truthfully." Brock said to the two boys.

"Okay." said the young boy.

"Now tell this beautiful young lady everything you know." Brock said forcefully when the other boy whimpers. "You do think she's beautiful, don't you? Come on, what do you say?"

"Now you're getting in the way." said Officer Jenny. Ash, Misty and Hayley walked up to Nurse Joy. "Ah, I bet you're related to the Joy from Maiden's Peak, aren't you?" asked Ash.

"Well, you'd win that bet." said Nurse Joy.

"We all would." said Hayley.

"We're here about the missing children." said Misty, holding up a picture of one of the kids.

"Oh, those kids who disappeared all of a sudden." said Nurse Joy. "I saw it on the news."

"Please, is there anything you can tell us about these children?" asked Ash.

"I'd like to help you, but right now, I'm afraid I've got my hands full with our own mystery." said Nurse Joy.

"What do you mean?" asked Misty. "What's the matter?"

"All the Pokémon here at the center are behaving very strangely." Nurse Joy explained.

"Huh?" said Ash and Misty.

"How strangely?" asked Hayley and Nurse Jory takes them to the back.

"Just look at Cubone...and Oddish." said Nurse Joy as both Pokémon looked like they were dying. She then sets down Magikarp on the table. "Even Magikarp is affected and it's usually full of life."

"The magic's disappeared." said Misty.

"Looks like it's ready for the deli counter." said Ash.

"Yeah." said Hayley.

"The flame on this Charmander could go out any minute." said Nurse Joy, looking over at Charmander, who's tail flame was low.

"Oh." said Ash.

"That's dangerously low for a Charmander." said Hayley.

"And this one's been in just terrible shape." said Nurse Joy, holding a duck in her arms.

"Psy-yi-yi." said the duck, holding its head.

"What is it?" asked Ash, taking out Dexter.

"Psyduck, a water Pokémon. Uses mysterious power to perform various attacks." said Dexter.

"Mysterious powers?" asked Ash and Hayley.

"That's hard to believe." said Misty.

"So, what's causing all this?" asked Brock.

"I have no idea." said Nurse Joy.

"How long have they been acting like this?" asked Misty.

"Since three days ago." she tells them.

"Three days ago?" questioned Brock, turning to Officer Jenny. "And that's exactly when all those children disappeared, isn't it?"

"I wonder if maybe there's some kind of connection between the children's disappearance and the Pokémon's lack of energy." said Officer Jenny.

"Hm, one mystery leads to another." said Ash. "One more puzzle for the mind of Ash Ketchum, master detective. Hm..."

"Did you think of anything yet?" asked Misty with Hayley grinning beside her.

"Not a thing." said Ash, causing Misty and Brock to sigh as Hayley scoffs.

"Figures." said Hayley.

"Something's very strange." said Officer Jenny when suddenly a strange buzzing sound was heard. "Huh?" She then pulls something from her waist.

"Is that your radio?" asked Misty.

"Hm-mm." said Officer Jenny, turning away from them as the radio shows her a wavelength. "It's picking up something."

"I bet I know what that is. A handsome guy detector." said Brock, invading the officer's space.

"Don't kid yourself." said Officer Jenny, pushing him away from her. "This is a sleep wave detector."

"A sleep wave detector?" asked Brock.

"I never heard of a sleep wave detector. Have you?" asked Hayley.

"Nope." said Ash.

"Not me." said Misty.

"Lately, I've been picking up sleep waves." Officer Jenny explained.

"What are they?" asked Ash.

"Wavelengths that induce sleep." she tells him.

"But I'm sure there aren't any Pokémon that emit that wavelength in this center." said Nurse Joy.

"Unless Hayley decides to ask for Abra." Ash whispered to Misty and Brock. Soon as he said that Ash gets elbowed in the ribs by his sister. "Abra needs to learn not to squeeze me so hard to the point where I can't breathe." Hayley said through gritted teeth.

"Oh yeah." said Ash.

"They're from outside." said Officer Jenny. Suddenly Pikachu and Meeko start to lose their energy.

"Pikachu."

"Ri....olu."

"Oh, no. Look, even Pikachu and Meeko are losing energy." said Ash.

"I wonder if those sleep waves and the Pokémon's condition are..." said Brock.

"Yeah, they may be connected." Officer Jenny said in agreement.

"Hey, Pikachu, wake up, pal." said Ash, trying to wake Pikachu up.

"Meeko, are you okay?" asked Hayley as Meeko gets a little heavier in her arms.

"Pika. Rio." groaned Pikachu and Meeko.

"I think we'd better find the source of these sleep waves." said Officer Jenny.

"Mm-hm."

"I knew it." said Jessie as she and the boys were hiding. "The sleep waves are coming from this town."

"Now we can get our wish." said Meowth.

"We'll find the source of the waves." said James.

"And we'll use them to knock out the boss." exclaimed Meowth.

"Then while he's fast asleep, we can take a break." said Jessie.

"While the boss is conked out, I'll take a fishing expedition." said Meowth. Team Rocket huddles together as they start sobbing. "We've all been working so hard at being bad." sobbed Jessie.

"Even if we always fail." sobbed James.

"Maybe we're not so good, but we need a vacation bad." said Meowth and the three of them started wailing. The detector continued picking up sleep waves and started to increase as they got closer to a building. "(Gasp) They're coming from this building." said Officer Jenny.

"Whoa, it's so tall." said Ash.

"They seem to be coming from the roof." said Officer Jenny.

"Let's go." said Brock. Once inside and in an elevator, they went to the roof. "As we go up, the signal's getting stronger." Officer Jenny tells them as the signal increases. Once on the roof, there was a house. "Wha...what's that?" asked Ash as Hayley tilts her head in confusion.

"A mansion on top of the skyscraper?" asked Brock.

"How is that possible?" asked Hayley.

"It's coming from inside there." said Officer Jenny.

"All right." said Ash, running towards the mansion.

"Wait, Ash." Misty called out after him. Ash gets to the door and motions to the others, who then runs after him. "What now?" asked Brock.

"There's someone inside." said Ash. "I'm going in."

"Right behind you." said Hayley.

"Ready, set..." Brock and Ash said in unison before plowing down the door to reveal people gathered around a couple of psychic Pokémon.

"Unh. Huh?" said Ash as he and Brock looked around.

"What is this place?" asked Brock.

"What's going on here?" asked Ash.

"Not again." said Hayley, starting to bury herself into Misty.

"Are you new members?" asked a man in a blue suit.

"Uh, members?" asked Ash. "Uh..."

"I don't think so." said Hayley.

"We've been monitoring some sleep waves coming from up here." said Officer Jenny.

"Sleep waves?" the man asked. "Oh, I know. This Hypno must have been emitting them."

"Hypno?" asked Ash.

"Hypno, a hypnosis Pokémon. It carries a pendulum-like device and performs hypnotic attacks." said Dexter.

"Huh." said Ash and Hayley.

"And what's that next to it?" asked Misty.

"Drowzee, said to be a descendent of the dream eating tapir." Dexter explained. "It was the first Pokémon to use a combination attack like hypnosis and dream eater."

"I think a Hypno is the evolved form of a Drowzee, isn't it?" asked Brock.

"Yes, that's correct." said the man, turning around to face the Pokémon behind him. "And our Drowzee finally evolved into a Hypno. Three days ago."

"Three days ago?" Brock asked in shock.

"I knew it." said Officer Jenny. "That's just when those children vanished, and the Pokémon started to lose all their energy."

"Mm-hmm." said the quartet.

"We've been using the Pokémon instead of using sleeping medicine." said a man in a purple suit with a matching hat, holding a glass of wine in his hand.

"What do you mean we?" asked Misty.

"The members of the Pokémon Lover's club." said the man in the blue suit.

"The Pokémon Lover's Club?" asked Misty and Hayley, looking at each other.

"What's the Pokémon Lover's club?" asked Hayley.

"Precisely." said the man. "You see, all of our members absolutely adore Pokémon, and well, Hypno has become our favorite. Everyone's hard work paid off when Drowzee finally evolved."

"Oh?" Ash asked, confused.

"Living our lives in the city can be very stressful and all the members suffer from insomnia, so we've come to rely on Hypno's powers to help us get to sleep at night." the man explained.

"Hypno, Hypno, Hypno." said Hypno, swinging its pendulum at the man in front of it, making the man fall asleep.

"Hypno's sleep waves must have affected all those Pokémon by zapping their energy." said Ash as Misty gets Pikachu out of his backpack and Brock lifts Meeko out of Hayley's arms. "Take a look at my Pikachu and my sister's Riolu."

"Pika." said Pikachu, sleepily.

"Riolu." said Meeko, trying to snuggle into Brock's body.

"The same thing happened to all of the Pokémon at the Pokémon Center." said Misty, holding Pikachu.

"It must be a..." the man started to say.

"A side effect?" Brock finished the man's thought.

"Side effect?" asked Ash.

"Mm, Hypno's hypnotic powers are usually just used only on other Pokémon." Brock explained. "Since the wavelength was changed to affect humans, its creating a side effect for the Pokémon."

"Yeah." said Ash.

"Hm." said the man, looking at Hypno. "Somehow, we've accidentally caused a terrible situation."

"You know what? I'll bet that new wavelength can even affect some kids that are sensitive to it too, like Hayley." said Brock.

"Kids?" asked Ash as Misty and Hayley placed Pikachu and Meeko on the table.

"Yeah." replied Brock.

"Then how come Hayley isn't missing?" asked Ash.

"That's because we weren't here three days ago when Drowzee evolved." said Brock.

"Let's see." said Misty as she stood in front of Hypno, who then swings its pendulum in front of her.

"Hypno. Hypno. Hypno." said Hypno and suddenly, Misty was hypnotized.

"Seel, Seel. Seel, Seel. Seel, Seel." said Misty, clapping her hands like Seel.

"Oh my god." said Hayley, watching Misty act like Seel.

"Misty, what's the matter?" asked Ash.

"Misty's being controlled by the sleep wave." said Brock.

"We've gotta do something." said Ash when suddenly, Misty gets up and runs past him. "Aah! Hey Misty! Where are you going? Misty, come back! Ugh!"

"After that trainer!" shouted Hayley as Misty runs out of the mansion.

"Seel, Seel, Seel." said Misty, still clapping as she ran towards the park.

"I can't believe there's a park this big in the middle of the city." said Ash.

"Seel, Seel, Seel." said Misty. Soon as Ash and the others found Misty, they gasped at the scene. In front of them were the missing children. "Seel, Seel. Seel, Seel. Seel, Seel." said Misty, sitting in front of the pond.

"Coo, coo." said one of the children.

"Bulbasaur, Bulbasaur, Bulbasaur." said a young boy, not too far from the group.

"These are all the missing children." said Officer Jenny.

"Whee!" said a young girl, flapping her arms and a boy slithered down a tree trunk.

"And they're acting like a Pokémon." said Hayley.

"Gloom, Gloom, Gloom. Gloom." said another young girl, acting like Gloom.

"What's happening? Why are they acting that way?" asked Ash.

"Pokemonitis." said Brock.

"Pokemonitis?" asked Ash.

"What's that?" asked Hayley.

"With that new wavelength, the children who were exposed to Hypno's sleep waves think that they're Pokémon now." explained Brock.

"And it got Misty too?" asked Ash.

"Yeah."

"Now I feel bad for Misty." said Hayley.

"Seel, Seel. Seel, Seel." said Misty.

"How on earth could a thing like this have happened?" asked the man.

"Magikarp, Magikarp, Magikarp." said a young girl, splashing in a puddle and behaving like Magikarp.

"Bulbasaur."

"Magikarp, Magikarp, Magikarp."

"All right, wake up, everyone." said Officer Jenny, clapping her hands together so that everyone could snap out of it. "It's time to go home. Come on. Stop this. Wake up now, kids." She then tries to get the girl out of the puddle. "All of your mothers are worried sick." The young girl in the puddle yanks her arm back and continues to splash in the water.

"Ugh! Magikarp, Magikarp."

"It's just no use." said Officer Jenny.

"What can we do?" asked Ash.

"Hmm." said Brock, thinking for a moment.

"Say, I know." said the man. "What if we use Drowzee to cure the children?"

"Drowzee?" asked Ash.

"Sleep emits dream wavelengths, which in this case, may counteract Hypno's wavelengths." the man explained.

"Hmm, yeah, that might just work." said Brock.

"Let's give it a try." said Ash.

"Yeah, but let's try it on Misty first." said Hayley, looking at the water trainer.

"Seel, Seel. Seel, Seel. Seel, Seel." said Misty once the group got back to the mansion.

"Drowzee, emit your dream waves and focus them toward this girl." said the man.

"Drowzee. Drowzee. Drowzee." said Drowzee, emitting its dream waves on Misty.

"Seel, Seel. Seel, Seel. Seel, Seel." said Misty, clapping as Drowzee works.

"Drowzee. Drowzee. Drowzee." said Drowzee as Misty falls asleep in the chair.

"Whoa, Misty." said Ash and Hayley.

"She must have be in a pretty deep trance." said Brock.

"Drowzee. Drowzee. Drowzee." said Drowzee, then claps its hands hard. "Drowzee!"

Misty finally wakes up from her trance and looks around the room. "Huh? Hey, where am I?" she asked.

"Gee, Misty, you're looking kind of beat." said Ash.

"When I want your opinion, I'll ask for it." Misty shouted at him.

"She's back to normal." said Ash, looking back at Brock and Hayley.

"Yep. This is the Misty we all love and adore." said Hayley, smiling.

"Huh?" said Misty, confused.

"Now we've got to use Drowzee's sleep waves on all those children in the park." said Officer Jenny.

"Okay, now we've gotta get those kids back to normal." said Ash, lifting Drowzee over his head with Hayley getting Pikachu and Meeko.

"You mean I thought I was a Pokémon?" Misty asked.

"Yeah, you turned completely into a Seel." said Ash.

"It was creepy seeing you behave like Seel." said Hayley. Coming down from the sky on hang gliders, Team Rocket appeared. "What's that?" asked Brock.

"Whatever it is, it's coming this way." said Misty.

"Oh, no. Not them." said Ash.

"Prepare for trouble."

"Make it double."

"To protect the world from devastation..."

"To untie all peoples within our nation...."

"To denounce the evils of truth and love..."

"To extend our reach to the stars above..."

"Jessie."

"James."

"Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light." said Jessie.

"Surrender now or prepare to fight." said James.

"Meowth! That's right!" said Meowth.

"How many does this make, Hayley?" asked Brock.

"Let's see...." said Hayley, taking out her notebook and counting the ticks. "24, so far."

"Now to swoop down and swipe those hypnosis Pokémon." said Meowth as they swooped down sharply, causing James to land on his butt. "Nice three-point landing."

"Team Rocket is here to take possession of Drowzee and Hypno." said Jessie.

"You're dreaming." said Ash.

"Well, we'll just have to see who's dreaming after this." said Jessie. "If Hypno can put anything to sleep, try this." Jessie reveals a mirror in her hands.

"Now wait." said Ash.

"If you have any pride as a hypnosis Pokémon, you'll do it." Jessie tells Hypno.

"This is known as the Team Rocket 'Mirror, mirror, on the wall who's the sleepiest of them all' dirty trick strategy." said Meowth.

"Just don't hypnotize me." James said to Hypno, before placing the mirror he had in front of his face. "Okay, do it."

"Hypno. Hypno. Hypno." said Hypno, swinging its pendulum into the mirror.

"You've got to do something, Ash." said Misty.

"There's not much time." said Ash, when he then grabs a potted plant and throws it towards Team Rocket, breaking the mirror in James' hand. Hypno then sees the shattered glass.

"And we thought so hard to come up with that strategy." said Jessie. "Hyah!"

"Ha!" Wipes came out and wrapped around both Drowzee and Hypno. "We got 'em!" said Meowth. "Now we'll just fly away with our catch."

"I don't get it." said James. "Why didn't we do this from the beginning?"

"We have to fill a half hour and the writer is doing her best." said Jessie as she pulls Drowzee towards her. Ash tries to pull Drowzee back towards him.

"Hang on, Ash." said Misty. "Go, Staryu!"

"Hyah!" said Staryu. Staryu cuts through the whips, causing Team Rocket to fall.

"Pidgeotto, go!" shouted Ash.

"Let's go, Alfie!" shouted Hayley.

"Pidgeo!" screeched Pidgeotto.

"Mankey!" grunted Alfie.

"Okay, Pidgeotto, powerful gust!"

"Alfie, taunt!" Pidgeotto shrieks as he flaps his wings while Alfie taunts Meowth. "Hey, no fair!" Meowth cried out.

"Mankey, Mankey." said Alfie as he continues his attack.

"Give them your best blast!" shouted Ash as Alfie jumps into Brock's arms.

"Pidgeo!" screeched Pidgeotto, giving Team Rocket a stronger gust than before. Team Rocket couldn't hold onto the ground any longer and were lifted off the ground. "I supposed this means that we blew it again." said Jessie.

"We blew it again. We blew it sky high." said James.

"And what goes up must always come down." said Meowth.

"Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again." shouted Team Rocket.

"Come on, guys. Let's go." said Brock.

"Right." said Ash.

"Drowzee. Drowzee." said Drowzee, working on the children at the park.

"They're all dreaming." said Brock.

"Pikachu and Meeko too." said Ash as he and Hayley looked at their Pokémon.

"Drowzee." said Drowzee, clapping to wake them up. All of the children in the park started waking up.

"Hey, how did I get into the middle of the park?" asked one of the young boys.

"Me too. And I should be working on becoming a Pokémon trainer." said a boy near him.

"I want to be a fireman."

"And I'm going to be a doctor." said a young girl.

"Let's go home."

"See you later."

"Pika." said Pikachu, waking up on Ash's shoulder.

"Huh?"

"Ri?" said Meeko, waking up in Hayley's arms.

"Whoa." said the brother and sister as their Pokémon shook the sleep out of them.

"Pikachu. Riolu."

"I'm so glad that you're awake, Meeko." said Hayley. "I missed you."

"Pikachu! It sounds like you're back to your old self." said Ash.

"Arnold!" shouted Arnold's mother as she entered the park.

"Huh?"

"It's that mother we met." said Misty.

"Mommy." said Arnold, running up to his mother.

"That's great." said Ash.

"Yeah." Misty said in agreement.

"I can sort of see the resemblance." said Hayley.

"How so?" asked Brock.

"She mistaken Ash for her son because of the hair style." said Hayley. "Only difference is the color of said hair."

Ash takes a closer look at Arnold before saying, "Wow. You're right."

"Ash, we've gotta cure the Pokémon at the Pokémon center too." said Brock.

"Right." said Ash.

"Drowzee. Drowzee." said Drowzee, working on the Pokémon at the center.

"Cubone, bone." said Cubone, perking up.

"Oddish, Oddish." said Oddish, popping up.

"Charmander!" said a happy Charmander with the flame on its tail at full strength.

"Magikarp, Karp, Karp. Magi." said Magikarp.

"Heh. The Pokémon are all back to normal." said Nurse Joy, holding Cubone who waved its bone and Oddish jumping in her hand.

"Sometimes I wonder what the Pokémon dream about." said Misty.

"I'd love to know that too." said Ash.

"Me too." said Hayley.

"They must have been dreaming of getting stronger and evolving." said Brock.

"I dream about that sometimes too." said Misty, giggling.

"Let's get you stronger than ever, Meeko." said Hayley.

"Riolu!" said Meeko, smiling at her.

"Well, that's just one more case solved by Ash Ketchum, master detective." said Ash.

"Excuse me, but you didn't solve anything." said Misty.

"Yeah! It was a team effort." said Hayley.

"Are you joking?" asked Brock as Ash laughs nervously.

"Pika." said Pikachu.

"Riol." said Meeko. Nurse Joy sighs as she looks over at Psyduck.

"What's the matter?" asked Brock. "A beautiful woman shouldn't have too much to be sad about."

"All of the Pokémon are better, but this one's still holding its head." said Nurse Joy.

"Leave it to me." Brock tells Nurse Joy. "Caring for Pokémon is the sole purpose of my life, the reason I exist."

"Then maybe you can help it." said Nurse Joy.

"Oh." sighed Brock.

"Psyduck. Psy." said Psyduck as it follows them out of the Pokémon center.

"Well, you were the one who said, 'Leave it to me,' Brock." said Ash.

"Yeah, so we're leaving it in your strong capable hands." said Hayley.

"But Psyduck is a water Pokémon. You better take it, Misty." said Brock.

"Why would I want such a boring Pokémon?" she asked, staring at Psyduck. "Hayley, don't you want Psyduck?"

"No thanks." said Hayley.

"Psyduck, constantly suffers from a headache." said Dexter.

"You mean this thing always has a headache?" asked Misty when she suddenly trips on a rock behind her and a Pokeball fell out of her pocket. "My Pokeball."

"Psy? Duck?" asked Psyduck, pressing the button on the Pokeball and lets itself be captured. "Psy!"

"Oh, no. Now it's in my Pokeball?" Misty asked,

"Good work, Misty. You captured Psyduck." said Ash.

"Oh, now I've got the headache." said Misty.

Narrator: And so Misty effortlessly captures Psyduck and the mysteries were solved. Congratulations.

"Don't congratulate me!" Misty shouted at the Narrator.

Hayley, backing away from Misty: I'm glad that I didn't get Psyduck.

Narrator: Why is that, Hayley?

Hayley: No offense to Psyduck, but I don't want it to stare at me all the time with its blank face.

Meeko, nodding: Riolu.

Hayley: Its blank stare makes me uncomfortable.

Inside the Pokeball, Psyduck looks up. "Psy-yi-yi." said Psyduck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50K 767 40
If Leon vs. Alain, or the Tournament in the anime is not your cup of tea, why not read another version of the Masters 8? The story continues from Pok...
3.2K 10 67
Ash Ketchum a ten year old boy ready for his Pokémon journey.Along his side is a electric rodent with that wants to grow his power.Along the the way...
2.3K 69 19
Ash Ketchum, a 10-year-old from the town of Pallet embarks on his Pokémon journey. His goal: Become a Pokémon Master. However, things are a little mo...
123K 2.6K 61
*COMPLETE**EDITS COMPLETE* Ash Ketchum is a brand new trainer from Pallet Town in the Kanto region at 16 years old. His dream is to become the very b...