Pokemon: A Ketchum Journey. V...

By tanishatribe1118

Ash Ketchum is officially ten years old and is starting his journey to become a Pokemon Master with his eight... More

I Choose You!
Pokemon Emergency
Ash Captures a Pokémon
Challenge of the Samurai
Showdown in Pewter City
Clefairy and the Moon Stone
The Water Flowers of Cerulean City
The Path to the Pokémon League
The School of Hard Knocks
Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village
Charmander, the Stray Pokémon
Here comes the Squirtle Squad
Mystery at the Lighthouse
Electric Shock Showdown
Battle Aboard the St. Anne
Pokemon Shipwreck
Island of the Giant Pokémon
Tentacool and Tentacruel
The Ghost of Maiden's Peak
Bye Bye Butterfree
Abra and the Psychic Showdown
The Tower of Terror
Haunter vs. Kadabra
Pokémon Scent-sation
Hypno's Naptime
Pokémon Fashion Flash
The Punchy Pokémon
Sparks Fly for Magnemite
Dig Those Diglett!
The Ninja-Poké Showdown
The Flame Pokémon-athon!
The Kangaskhan Kid
The Bridge Bike Gang
Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
Pikachu's Goodbye
The Battling Eevee Brothers
Wake up, Snorlax!

Primeape Goes Bananas

79 4 2
By tanishatribe1118

At Professor Oak's lab in Pallet Town, Professor Oak was sitting by a window, drinking tea. "Nothing like a cup of tea to start off the day." said the professor, chuckling a bit. Pokémon were outside, running around. Suddenly, the phone was ringing.

"Oh. Thanks a lot, Krabby." said Professor Oak, after taking another sip of tea while Krabby brings him the phone.

"Professor. Good morning." said Ash with Hayley standing next to him in the background.

"Good morning, Ash, Hayley. I was just wondering when you might be calling." said Professor Oak. "You have some good news?"

"I sure do. Look at this." said Ash, showing him.

"Ah! Mm!" said Professor Oak, when suddenly Abra comes out of his Pokeball and grabs onto Hayley.

"Ah! And as you can see, I caught an Abra while leaving Saffron City who just doesn't want to let go of me." said Hayley, feeling uncomfortable as Abra rubbed his head against Hayley's shoulder.

"Wow, that is some Abra." said Professor Oak.

"Abra." said the sleeping Pokémon, hugging the poor girl.

"Can I send him to you, please?" asked Hayley, feeling Abra's grip tighten around her. "Abra, I can't breathe."

"Please do." said the Professor as Hayley gets Abra into his Pokeball and hands the phone back to Ash.

"Pretty impressive, huh?" asked Ash. "I've already earned four badges."

"Only four badges?" asked Professor Oak. Ash gives Professor Oak a look before falling backwards. "Ash? Are you still there? Hayley, is he still there?"

"Yes, he's still here, Professor Oak. He's on the ground at the moment." she tells him, then sends Abra to Professor Oak.

"Well, I just found out from this morning that all your other rivals have earned five badges each, including Gary." said Professor Oak. "They've all passed through Celadon City, too."

"You know, Professor Oak. You really need to stop comparing Ash to Gary." said Hayley taking the phone out of her brother's hand.

"What do you mean?" he asked, curiously.

"I mean, I know that you want Ash to catch more Pokémon and that Gary's his rival...." said Hayley. "but the truth is, the more you keep comparing Ash to Gary, the more riled up Ash will get, and we both know that riling up Ash on a daily basis is my job."

"I understand, I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt." said Professor Oak, before turning to Ash.

"Oh! That Gary!" growled Ash.

"See what you did there?" asked Hayley and Professor Oak sighs, then nodded. "Now I have to rile him up tomorrow since you did my job today."

"You'd better hurry up, Ash." said Professor Oak. "You don't want to fall further behind the others. And Gary has already captured 30 Pokémon."

"30 Pokémon?" asked Ash.

"Well, I already know that Hayley has captured some, but what about you? What's going on?" asked Professor Oak. "I haven't gotten any Pokémon from you in a while. Not since the day you sent me Krabby here."

"Krabby. How are you doing?" asked Ash.

"Hi Krabby." said Hayley as Krabby hisses and grunts while waving its claws at the siblings.

"We've become very good friends." said Professor Oak. "We especially enjoy teatime and writing poetry, and some of it's not bad either. Everyday its cake and tea, just my Pokémon and me. You like it?"

"I don't know very much about poetry." said Ash.

"I liked it." said Hayley.

"Well, at least one of you does." said the Professor, before turning around to see the transporter revealing Hayley's Pokeball. Professor Oak opens the Pokeball and out comes Abra, who then looks around, trying to find Hayley.

"Abra, I'm over here." said Hayley, getting Abra's attention.

"Abra?" he asked, confused and looks up at Professor Oak.

"It's okay, Abra. He's going to take care of you while Ash and I are travelling." she tells him.

"Abra, Abra." said Abra, sounding sad.

"Don't worry, Abra. Everything will be okay" said Professor Oak and Abra starts to perk up a bit before falling asleep on the man. "Now listen, Ash, writing poetry is a lot like Pokémon training. I can't write a good poem without rhymes. And you can't be a good trainer without catching more Pokémon. Have to go now. The tea's getting cold."

Ash groans as Hayley stares at the black screen. "Mm." said Misty, Pikachu and Meeko as the three of them were eating donuts.

"Hmm?" said Misty, looking up to see Ash and Hayley walking towards them. "You look kind of down, Ash."

"Huh?" said Ash.

"Have a donut. That always cheers me up." she said.

"Pika, Pika." said Pikachu.

"Riolu, Rio." said Meeko.

"Don't mind if I do." said Hayley and Brock hands her a donut.

"Did you send Abra to Professor Oak?" asked Misty.

"Yep." said Hayley. "I can finally breathe without him squeezing me to death."

"Thanks for giving me Abra, Hayley." said Ash.

"Anytime." she said. "Just don't let him hug me too once we get back home."

"These donuts are great. Jelly-filled are my favorite." said Brock. "Nothing beats a jelly-filled donut. Huh?"

"I just heard Gary has five badges." said Ash.

"I get it. He's upset because he's falling behind." said Misty.

"I would be too if I was in his position." said Hayley.

"Pika-pi." said Pikachu.

"Olu, Riolu." said Meeko.

"The next town we come to is Celadon City. Isn't there supposed to be a gym there?" asked Ash.

"There sure is." said Brock, pointing down the road that they were on. "All we have to do is follow this road. Celadon City is only a day's walk from, even less if we keep up a fast pace."

At Brock's statement, Ash groans as he looks at the road.

Narrator: Can Ash catch up with his rivals? Or will he be left in the dust?

Hayley: I'm rooting for Ash.

Meeko: Olu.

"Hmm." said Ash as he turns his hat around. "There's no way those guys are going to win."

"Just remember, Ash, unlike all the other wannabe trainers out there, you've got to make it to the Pokémon league your own way." said Misty.

"Right. Remember, its quality over quantity, especially if you've got lots of different Pokémon." said Brock. "Then they'll help you catch others."

"Yeah, that's it. Catch lots of Pokémon." said Ash.

"He'll never learn." said Misty.

"In went in one ear and out the other." said Hayley.

"I didn't ask the two of you." said Ash.

"Pika. Riol." said Pikachu and Meeko, hearing leaves rustling not too far from them. Out of the bush were two Pokémon, squealing as they showed their faces. "Oh, it's a Pokémon." said Ash as he takes out Dexter.

"Mankey, a pig-monkey Pokémon of the fighting type." said Dexter. "Known for its superior footwork, it packs a powerful punch."

Both Mankey came out from the bush and hopped over towards Brock, chattering as they went around him. One Mankey was a little shorter than the other. "Maybe they want a donut." said Brock as both Mankey continued to chatter. Brock holds out a couple donuts, causing both of them to smell them before looking at Pikachu and Meeko.

"Huh?" they both said, looking at Pikachu and Meeko.

"Pika." said Pikachu, taking a bite.

"Riolu." said Meeko, following Pikachu's lead. Both Mankey take the donuts out of Brock's hand. The taller Mankey takes off to a rock to eat their donut while the smaller Mankey looks at Hayley. It hops over to Hayley and sits down next to her. "I think they both like it." said Ash.

"Those donuts are my own special recipe." said Brock. "No artificial ingredients."

"No wonder they taste so good." said Hayley, staring at her donut. "Can I have the recipe, Brock?"

"Riol, Riol."

"Sure." he tells her.

"(Chattering)"

"I also never would've thought that a wild Pokémon would actually sit down with me." said Hayley.

"That is a new one, even for me." said Misty. Hayley then looks at Mankey who then looks up at her, eating its donut. "Would you like to battle me?" asked Hayley.

"(Chattering)" said Mankey, nodding as it eats a little more of its donut.

"Hey! That's not fair!" shouted Ash.

"Yes, it is." said Hayley.

"No, it isn't." argued Ash.

"Yes, it is!"

"No, it isn't!"

"All right! Stop fighting, you two." said Brock, getting in the middle of both brother and sister, stopping the argument from escalating. "Ash, Hayley is the one who asked Mankey if it wants to battle her. It agreed to the battle, so let her do it."

"Fine." said Ash. The taller Mankey stops eating its donut and looks up at the battle.

"Ready, Meeko?" asked Hayley.

"Riolu." said Meeko, determined to battle.

"Meeko, use Quick Attack." said Hayley as Meeko runs at the small Mankey and hits it in the stomach. The small Mankey tosses up its donut, runs towards Meeko and starts to scratch the side of her body. Meeko squeals in pain.

"Meeko!" shouted Hayley as Meeko gets up. "Use Vacuum Wave!" Meeko hurls a ball of light at the small Mankey's face, causing it to scream in pain. "

Vacuum Wave again!" said Hayley as the small Mankey stands up. Meeko runs over to the small Mankey, sliding on the ground before kicking its legs.

"What was that?" asked Ash.

"Meeko just learned Low Kick." said Brock.

"Wow. Good job, Meeko!" said Hayley.

"(Chattering)" said the small Mankey, laying on the ground.

"Use Low Kick!" said Hayley.

"Riolu!" said Meeko, giving the small Mankey another Low Kick.

"Pokeball, go!" shouted Hayley, throwing a Pokeball at the small Mankey, capturing the pig-monkey Pokémon. The Pokeball shakes a bit before letting her know. "What?!" shouted Ash as the other Mankey went back to eating the donut.

"My first solo battle with a wild Pokémon and I won?" asked Hayley.

"Riol?" Meeko asked, shocked that she won.

"That's exactly what happened." said Brock.

"You did great, Hayley." said Misty as she goes to pick up the Pokeball.

"Come on out!" said Hayley and the small Mankey comes out, hopping around her. "Nice to see you."

"Riolu." squealed Meeko. Ash glared at his sister before turning to the other Mankey and grabbing a Pokeball. "A fighting Pokémon. That'll really help me in battle." said Ash, taking out a Pokeball.

"Hold on. You're not going to start by throwing a Pokeball at it?" asked Misty.

"Yeah, what about battling it first?" asked Hayley, giving her newly named Mankey, Alfie a new donut.

"There's no way I'm going to miss this chance." said Ash, with a Pokeball in hand. "Mankey, you're mine now."

"Mankey?" asked Alfie, watching Ash.

"He'll miss your friend by a long shot." said Hayley as Ash throws the Pokeball at the other Mankey, who then throws its donut into the Pokeball. "Huh?" asked Ash as the Pokeball was thrown back. It opened to reveal that the Mankey's donut was in its place. Alfie starts laughing, chattering as it points to Ash.

"It's a donut!" Ash exclaims.

"A donut Pokémon?" asked Misty.

"I told you, Alfie." said Hayley as Meeko joins Alfie's laughter. "He missed your friend by a long shot."

"Mankey!" laughed Alfie, then rubbed his head against Hayley's arm.

Mankey jumps down from its rock, screeching as it glares and takes a fighting stance at Ash. "Looks to me like you got it pretty angry." said Misty as she, Hayley, Meeko and Alfie got down from the rocks.

"Now what are we supposed to do?" asked Ash, hoping Dexter would help.

"Although Mankey is usually calm, it does have a bad temper." said Dexter. "Once Mankey begins to thrash, stopping it is impossible."

"Okay, as of now, I will not make Alfie mad." said Hayley.

"Good plan." said Brock.

"What does it mean by thrash?" asked Ash.

"Huh?"

Mankey then runs towards them, causing them to scream. Alfie taps his Pokeball to hide before Ash, Hayley, Misty and Brock start to run from his friend. "You should have let it finished that donut, Ash." said Misty. "Didn't your mother ever teach you manners?"

"She never mentioned Mankeys." said Ash.

"That's why I gave Alfie a new donut." said Hayley. "I didn't want him to touch the one he dropped."

"I shouldn't have made them taste so good." said Brock.

"I agree!" screamed Hayley.

"Your homemade donuts are our only hope." Ash tells Brock. "Maybe more donuts will stop it."

"Well, it's sure worth a try." said Brock. "Pokeball." He looks down at the donut in his hand, realizing his mistake as Ash, Hayley and Misty fall to the ground. "Oh, sorry. Donut, go."

Soon as Brock throws the donut, Mankey destroys it in mid-air with a punch. "That didn't work!" said Ash, shocked at what Mankey did.

"Ah! I wasted a donut." sad Brock as they take off running again.

"Ah!" said Misty, falling and crashing into Trixie.

"Misty! Hayley!" shouted Ash looking back to see them on the ground. Both girls looked back at Mankey, seeing that it was still running towards them. Misty and Hayley screamed as Mankey jumps on top of Misty, knocking her to the ground.

"Mankey!" screamed Mankey, landing on Ash and starts beating him up.

"Are you okay, Ash?" asked Brock.

"Of course, I'm not okay!" he replied.

"Ooh! I will say this....as his little sister, I never went as far as this." said Hayley, feeling bad for her brother.

"Really?" asked Brock and Misty as Hayley nodded.

"I know my limits when it comes to pushing his buttons." she tells them as Ash groans.

"Rio, Rio, Rio." said Meeko, looking away from the thrashing.

"Pi. Pi, Pi." said Pikachu and the thrashing was over.

"I surrender." said a beat-up Ash.

"You're either going to be feeling it late tonight or early tomorrow." said Hayley.

"Riolu." said Meeko, thinking for a moment. With Ash's hat in hand, Mankey hops over to a nearby tree and puts it on. Not far from them, Team Rocket spots them through their binoculars. "Perfect." said Jessie.

"Perfect." said James.

"Purr-fect." said Meowth.

"Now is the perfect time to capture Pikachu." said Jessie. "While that twerp is out of the action, we'll make a sneak attack. If we pull this off, the boss will put us on the board of directors."

"Team Rocket will rule the world." said James.

"You really think so?" asked Jessie.

"When you dream, you've got to dream big." James tells her.

"You sure are dreaming." said Meowth.

"Hmm?" they both said and Jessie tosses Meowth a ball of yarn.

"He is easy to satisfy." said Jessie as Meowth rolls around with the yarn.

Ash sits up from the ground, groaning in pain. "That Mankey sure beat you up big time." said Brock.

"Yeah." said Hayley.

"Are you okay?" asked Misty.

"Pika?" asked Pikachu.

"Olu?" asked Meeko as Ash touches his head.

"Where'd my hat go?" he asked and Misty points to Mankey, who was hopping and chattering in the tree. "Ah! You little thief. Give me back my hat!" Mankey laughs and gibbers as it imitates Ash, pretending to through a Pokeball at an imaginary Pokémon. "You know, that's a real good imitation of him." said Hayley, amused.

"Mankey." it said, blushing by Hayley's compliment.

"You can get another hat, Ash." said Misty.

"It's not the hat. It's the principle." he tells her.

"Hold it!" she calls out to him. "You're just going to get beat up again."

"It's mine!" said Ash, glaring at them.

"What's so great about that hat?" asked Misty.

"I can't replace that hat." said Ash. "I won it at the Official Pokémon League expo. Don't you know how tough it is to get one of those hats?"

"An official expo hat?" asked Brock, facing Misty than realizes what he meant.

"Oh."

[Flashback]

A black and white Charizard and Blastoise fired their attacks at each other, creating a blast.

"Hey, all you Pokémon League fans." said a TV announcer. "Now you have a chance to win one of a 100 limited edition Pokémon league official hats. Its wearable, its washable, and it's official. Don't miss your chance to win the official hat of the official expo of the Official Pokémon League!"

[Flashback ends]

"It's official." said Brock.

"I didn't know that was an official Pokémon League hat." said Misty. "I remember I entered the same contest too."

"I had to send in about a million postcards to win that hat." said Ash.

"And he crowed about it for two weeks after it came in the mail." said Hayley, looking at Misty and Brock.

"No wonder I didn't win. I only sent in one." said Misty.

"Poor Ash. Losing an official hat is like losing your best friend." said Brock.

"Pika?" asked Pikachu, tilting his head before turning to Hayley.

"Not the way you're thinking, Pikachu." said Hayley. "He's basically saying that losing his hat is like almost losing you and Meeko to Team Rocket."

"Pika, Pi." said Pikachu, understanding now as Ash climbs the tree towards Mankey.

"Almost got it." said Ash as his hand makes it through the leaves. Mankey sees what Ash was trying to do and hits him again, knocking Ash out of the tree, landing on his head. "Well, hello there, chumps." said Jessie as she, James and Meowth walked up to them.

"Huh?" said Brock, looking up.

"Team Rocket." said Misty.

"What are you doing here?" asked Brock.

"Aren't you happy to see us?" asked Meowth.

"No, not really." said Hayley. "But whatever floats your boat in order to keep you happy."

"Riolu." said Meeko in agreement. Mankey walks up to Meowth, still wearing Ash's hat and studies Team Rocket. "Buzz off!" said James, kicking Mankey.

"I wish he hadn't done that." said Brock as he, Misty and Hayley gasped.

"They're going to get an even worse beating than Ash did when it comes out." said Hayley as Mankey lands in the bush behind the rock.

"Still trying to capture Pikachu and Meeko?" asked Misty.

"We just want to borrow them. Permanently." said Jessie.

"Your situation is hopeless. Hand Pikachu and Meeko over or else..." said James. Unknowingly to them, Mankey sat up and its eyes went white. "Or else what?" asked Misty.

"To protect the world from devastation..."

"To untie all peoples within our nation...."

"To denounce the evils of truth and love..."

"To extend our reach to the stars above..."

"Jessie."

"James."

"Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light." said Jessie.

"Surrender now or prepare to fight." said James.

"Meowth! That's right!" said Meowth.

"I'm having a major hat crisis." said Ash, standing up from the ground. "Could you try to steal Pikachu and Meeko some other time?"

"Now's the perfect time." said Jessie. "You're obviously too pooped to protect your Pikachu and your sister's Pokémon."

"If you guys don't get out of here fast, you're going to get as whipped as Ash did." said Brock.

"By who?" asked Meowth.

"By Mankey." said Brock.

"What's a Mankey?" asked Jessie.

"Well...." said Hayley, pointing in the direction that James kicked the Pokémon.

"I guess that thing I kicked out of the way." said James and they both turned around to see an angry Mankey with glowing white eyes.

"Huh?" they both said. Mankey chatters and growls as its body glows white, getting bigger. In its place, the newly evolved fighting Pokémon chatters and growls with a vein throbbing on the left side of its head. "It...It...It...evolved." stuttered Jessie and James.

"And it's coming back with an even bigger temper than before." said Hayley.

"What's that?" asked Misty, causing Ash to get out Dexter.

"Primeape. If you make eye contact with this evolved form of Mankey, it will chase you forever." said Dexter.

"Ha. This fur ball?" asked Jessie, scoffing at Primeape. "That's ridiculous. Now let's capture Pikachu and Meeko. Go, Ekans."

"And go, Koffing." said James.

"Ekans." hissed Ekans.

"Koffing." said Koffing.

"Pika." said Pikachu.

"Olu." said Meeko.

"Come on!" said Jessie as Primeape comes up behind her and kicks her straight into a rock.

"Huh?" said the quartet, looking over their shoulders and sees Jessie face planted in the rock behind them.

"No!" shouted James.

"Ah!" screamed Meowth. Primeape growls, hopping from one foot to the other as Jessie slides down from the rock. "How dare you damage my perfection?" asked Jessie, angrily and glares at Primeape. "Now you'll pay! Ekans. Koffing. Never mind Pikachu, Meeko. Get that Primeape!"

"But we came for Pikachu and Meeko." said Meowth.

"Team Rocket always puts beauty before duty." said James, then grabs Meowth. "Come on."

"Koffing. Kof, Koffing." said Koffing as it and Ekans battles Primeape.

"Now's our chance." said Misty as she and Brock grabbed Ash, running past the fight with Hayley running in front of them.

"My hat!" shouted Ash, seeing that they were leaving it behind.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu as he stops and runs over to get the hat.

"Riolu!" Meeko called out.

"(Growls and grunting)" said Primeape, standing on top of Team Rocket as a victory to itself. Primeape turns around and sees Pikachu going for the hat. "Don't look it in the eye, Pikachu!" Misty called out as Primeape jumps in front of him.

"Cha!" said Pikachu, with his hands over his head, trying to keep his eyes closed. "Ooh, Pik. Chu." Pikachu opens one of his eyes and starts to slowly look up into Primeape's eyes, who then gibbers at him.

"Chu." whimpered Pikachu, shaking as he backs up. Primeape kicks Ash's hat into the air and places it back on its head, gibbering as it lands between its ears. "It's got my hat!" shouted Ash.

"And it never sent in one postcard." said Misty.

"Then it needs to send in some postcards." said Hayley.

"Pikachu, thunder shock!" said Ash.

"Pikachu!" shouted Pikachu, releasing a thunder shock from his cheeks and shocking Primeape.

"Nice work!" exclaimed Ash.

"Pikachu?" asked Pikachu, seeing Primeape was still standing.

"Huh, I thought Primeape would actually go down from the Thunder Shock." said Hayley, tilting her head. "But it didn't."

"Rio, Riolu." said Meeko. Stomping its feet, Primeape gets angrier than before. "Now what'll we do?" asked Misty.

"That attack made it even madder." said Ash.

"Wait a minute. I have a theory." said Brock, crossing his arms. "Primeape's not trying to steal your hat."

"Huh?" said the three.

"It's scared of us." Brock said, before he explained further. "When it was a Mankey, you tried to capture it. Then James kicked it. I think it took your hat so it could get a little attention. Because it was lonely all by itself with only Hayley's Mankey as company."

"That explains why Hayley battled her Mankey." muttered Ash, causing his sister to push him. "Hey!"

"Hmm!" said Hayley, crossing her arms and sticking her tongue out at him.

"Be careful." said Misty as Brock walks over to Primeape who was still thrashing about.

"Now, everything's going to be fine." Brock said to Primeape as he takes its arm around him. "Give me a smile, buddy."

Instead of trying to give him a smile, Primeape jumps on Brock and starts pounding on his back, causing him to scream. "Hey, quit it! Knock it off! That hurts! Let me go! Stop, stop!" Brock cried out and Primeape gets off of him. Just then, Brock looks up into Primeape's eyes and gets knocked into the air.

"I think Brock needs a new theory." said Misty as she, Ash and Hayley watched Brock fly through the air.

"Good aim. Fantastic distance." said Hayley.

"Guess so." said Ash as they gasped when he landed.

"Once a Primeape begins its strongest attack, thrash, it goes completely out of control." said Dexter.

"Um...Ashy." said Hayley, holding onto Misty.

"Uh, I think we're in big trouble." said Misty, bringing Hayley and Meeko in close to her and Ash looks up to see Primeape running towards them.

"Run!" shouted Ash, turning around to run. Ash, Hayley, Misty, Pikachu and Meeko ran over Team Rocket, trying to get away from Primeape.

"There..."

"They...."

"Go."

"Looks like Team Rocket's blasting...." said Jessie.

"Off...." said James.

"Once again." said Meowth and went after the others. Primeape growled as it chases the trio. "If we split up, maybe we can lose it." suggested Ash.

"Good idea." said Hayley.

"Okay." said Misty as she, Hayley and Meeko went one way while Ash and Pikachu ran straight ahead with Primeape following Ash.

"Oh, no. It doesn't look like Primeape's easy to lose." said Misty.

"And Ash is going to get beat up that's even harder if it catches up with him." said Hayley as Brock catches up to the girls.

"I just hope that Ash doesn't look Primeape in the eye." said Brock, panting.

"Now what?" both girls asked.

"Let's find Ash." said Brock. Misty sighs as she and Hayley ran after Brock. Ash and Pikachu continued running from Primeape, going through rocks. "I don't know how much longer I can run." said Ash with Primeape close behind. Up ahead, Team Rocket was digging another hole.

"Nothing like digging a hole when you want to play dirty." said James with a pickax in hand as Meowth chuckles.

"Koffing." said Koffing as it and Team Rocket popped out of the hole.

"Hmm." said Jessie as they see as kicked up dust in the distance. "At last, the moment of truth."

Primeape chases Ash and Pikachu into Team Rocket's trap, skidding to a stop. "Koff, koff, koff." said Koffing, then chokes out smokescreen. "Koffing." Startled, Primeape takes a step back from the smokescreen. Down in the hole, Ash and Team Rocket starts coughing.

"What's a hole doing in the road?" Ash asks.

"Koffing, you nincompoop." said Jessie, causing both of them to turn and face each other.

"How'd you get down here?" asked Ash, pointing to Jessie.

"Pika!" exclaimed Pikachu.

"Pikachu." said James.

"Why don't you come for a ride on my head?" asked Jessie.

"What?" asked Ash. "Pikachu, Thunder shock."

"Pikachu!" shouted Pikachu, shocking everyone who was in the hole.

"Not me!" screamed Ash. Soon as the attack was over, Primeape chattered as it looked from overhead. "Huh?" said Ash, looking up at Primeape. "Ah!"

Primeape laughed as it jumps into the hole with Ash, who then climbs out. Primeape sees Ash escaping and stops him in his tracks, causing Ash to scream. Ash held his ground as he stares into Primeape's eyes and remembered what Professor Oak told him. "I can't write a good poem without rhymes. And you can't be a good trainer without catching more Pokémon."

"Huh? Ash." said Misty as she, Brock and Hayley caught up.

"Professor Oak's right. No more games." said Ash as he finally got out of the hole with a Pokeball in hand. "I'm going to capture you, Primeape."

"Why do you have to be so stubborn?" asked Misty. "Primeape is too dangerous to capture, Ash."

"Just forget the hat." said Brock.

"It's not that. It's because I want to be a Pokémon master." said Ash. "A real master would never let any Pokémon get away."

"Pika." said Pikachu.

"He's always trying to sound tough." said Misty.

"Get that Primeape, Ash!" shouted Hayley.

"Riolu!" shouted Meeko.

"Squirtle, I choose you!" shouted Ash, releasing Squirtle from its Pokeball. "Soak its head with your water gun."

"Squirtle!" said Squirtle, then uses its water gun to soak Primeape, who got red with anger.

"Ah!" said Misty as she hides behind Brock. "Huh?"

"Squirtle, return!" said Ash, recalling Squirtle to its Pokeball. "Bulbasaur, I choose you."

"Bulbasaur!" said Bulbasaur.

"Bulbasaur, razor leaf now!" shouted Ash.

"Bulba." said Bulbasaur, releasing sharp leaves from its body and aiming them at Primeape, who then knocks them out of the air. Brock and Misty screamed a little bit as they watched the battle unfold.

"Bulbasaur, return. Charmander, go." said Ash, giving Charmander a turn and giving Bulbasaur a rest.

"Char!" shouted Charmander, then releases its flamethrower on Primeape who dodges the attack. Primeape punches Charmander in the face and kept going.

"Charmander!" shouted Ash as Primeape went on a punching fest.

"Pika, Pika." said Pikachu.

"Charmander." said Ash, watching his Pokémon get beat by Primeape. Suddenly, the flame on Charmander's tail rose high.

"The flame on its tail? What's happening?" asked Ash.

"Charmander's special attack, rage." said Dexter. "It gains more power the more it is attacked. It will continue to fight until its opponent falls."

"All right! I didn't know it had that kind of power." said Ash. "Charmander, go!"

"Cool! Go Charmander!" cheered Hayley.

"Riol!" said Meeko.

"Mander!" shouted Charmander, going towards Primeape. "Char!" Charmander bites Primeape's hand before releasing a huge powerful flamethrower. "Pika?" said Pikachu, realizing that Charmander is about to set fire to Ash's hat and goes after it. "Pikachu!"

"Burn now, Charmander! Flamethrower attack!" shouted Ash.

"Char!"

"Pika!"

Pikachu grabs Ash's hat in his mouth before Charmander's attack hits Primeape. "Hey, Pikachu!" Ash shouted.

"Char!" shouted Charmander as its flamethrower hits Primeape, grunting as it felt burned and falls to the ground. Charmander places its hands on its hips, proud of itself. "Good work, Charmander. I'll take over from here." said Ash. "Pokeball, go." Ash throws the Pokeball and finally captures Primeape.

"Yes." said Ash but for a few seconds, the Pokeball thrashes before it finally settled down. Ash runs over to the Pokeball and picks it up. "All right! Primeape is mine."

"You did it!" said Brock.

"Congratulations." said Misty.

"Great job, Ash." said Hayley.

"Chu." said Pikachu, handing Ash his hat.

"Thanks a lot, Pikachu." said Ash. Just then, Hayley picks up Pikachu and looks the mouse right in the eye. "Pikachu, never pull that kind of thing ever again." said Hayley.

"Pika?" asked Pikachu, tilting his head in confusion.

"We would be lost without you. You're a part of our family, now and forever." she tells him. Pikachu gets teary eyed and hugs Hayley. "Don't forget us." said Jessie, who was still in the hole.

"Huh?" they said, looking behind Ash.

"So, it's the whole gang." said Ash, smiling.

"It's your fault we ended up in here." said Jessie and looks around for a certain Pokémon. "Where's Primeape?"

"Hey, Hayley, thinking what I'm thinking?" Ash asked his sister.

"Definitely." said Hayley, knowing the look in her brother's eye and tosses the Pokeball into the air. "Let's go, Alfie."

"Mankey." said Alfie, coming out of his Pokeball and looks up at Hayley.

"See those people, Alfie?" Hayley asked, pointing to Team Rocket. "They're bad people who are trying to steal Pikachu and Meeko from us."

"Mankey!" said Alfie, glaring at Team Rocket as Ash smiled.

"Well, why don't you just see for yourself?" asked Ash, chuckling as he tossed Primeape into the hole with Team Rocket.

"Get them, Alfie." said Hayley and Alfie runs towards Team Rocket.

"Huh?" said Team Rocket. Primeape came out of its Pokeball and starts thrashing on them, letting Alfie joins in on the thrashing as Team Rocket screams. "Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again!" Team Rocket shouted as they were punched into the sky.

"Primeape sure gave them a thrashing." said Misty.

"Yeah. And I'm glad Alfie helped out with that." said Hayley.

"Well, at least now Primeape's doing the thrashing on our side." said Ash. "Welcome to the team, Primeape."

Primeape looked over at Ash and punches him in the face. "Primeape's good at thrashing, but it's got a lot to learn about team spirit." groaned Ash.

"And it gave you a black eye." said Hayley.

"Mankey." said Alfie, walking up to Ash.

"A hat might help." suggested Brock.

"Better start sending in postcards." said Misty.

"I'll do whatever it takes to become a Pokémon master." said Ash. "Charmander, Primeape, return." said Ash, getting both Pokémon into their Pokéballs.

"You too, Alfie." said Hayley, getting her fighting Pokémon into his Pokeball.

"Pikachu! Pika!" said Pikachu, seeing Celadon City.

"Riolu!" said Meeko.

"What is it?" asked Ash, following Pikachu and Meeko. Brock, Misty and Hayley gasped to see Celadon City in front of them. "There's Celadon City." said Brock.

"You know, if Primeape hadn't chased us, we wouldn't have gotten here as fast as we did." said Misty. "Right, Brock?"

"Yeah, I guess it was lucky after all." he replied.

"Pika, Pika." said Pikachu.

"Ri, Riolu." said Meeko.

"Way to go, Primeape." said Ash. "Now that I got a new Pokémon, it's time to earn a badge."

Narrator: And so, by capturing Primeape, Ash has taken another step on his journey to the Pokémon League. Hayley, on the other hand, is happy with her capture of Mankey.

Hayley: I am. I'm hoping that when Ash and I get home to Pallet, Alfie would be perfect as a bodyguard.

Meeko: Riol.

Narrator: That's a great idea. Of course, it takes more than a new Pokémon to make a Pokémon master, but now our young heroes are more determined than ever.

"Meow!" shouted Meowth as he and the others landed on their heads. Jessie sits up and sticks out her tongue to remove the grass and dirt from her mouth. She then looks over and sees that she and her team members were surrounded by Primeape. "I wish we had some donuts." said Team Rocket as the group of Primeape began the thrashing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 2.6K 61
*COMPLETE**EDITS COMPLETE* Ash Ketchum is a brand new trainer from Pallet Town in the Kanto region at 16 years old. His dream is to become the very b...
19.1K 404 51
Join Ash on his journey of the 10 regions and become the Pokemon Master. Ash and 12 girls harem. Part 1 of the series: Kanto.
831 25 14
Ash Ketchum is continuing his journey to become a Pokemon Master with his eight-year-old sister Hayley, by his side. Follow Ash, Hayley, their Pokemo...
22K 433 13
After years of training and traveling, 23 year old Pokémon Master Ash Ketchum has finally reached the end of the road. Or so he thought. After losing...