Tesoro

Od lovinraura_

A man in power. A woman that craves it. - Success Laura Marano was certain she was destined to reach it, onc... Více

Chapter 0 -
01 | Change
02 | Mr. Lynch
03 | Pretentious Prick
04 | New Strategy
05 | Fire And Ice
06 | Wicked Game
07 | The Cutie
08 | Earn It
09 | Trust
10 | Office Gossip
11 | Phone Number
12 | Questions
13 | Stolen Cigarette
14 | Cut The Tension
15 | Guilty
16 | Lollipop
17 | Wife
18 | Flirt
19 | Gift
20 | Counting
21 | Bloody Lips
22 | Cold Shoulder
23 | A Lynch
24 | Gloves
25 | The Welcoming
26 | Kiss, Don't Tell
27 | In A Different Way
28 | A Mean One
29 | Clothes Off
30 | Ice Skin
31 | I'm Not Nice
32 | The Breakdown
33 | Louie's Disaster
34 | Exposed Secrets
35 | Aftermath
36 | Between us
37 | Mystery Girl
38 | Hawk
39 | Apart of me
40 | Trouble
41 | My World
42 | Sour Thoughts
43 | Lost In Love
44 | Locket
45 | Stained
46 | Nightmare Of A Dream
47 | His Smile
48 | My Love Or My Life
49 | I Need You
51 | Epilogue
New Announcement

50 | Epilogue

299 29 4
Od lovinraura_

Laura's Pov

It's hard to succumbe circumstances that chocke you slowly, succumbe unmeasurable pain and hurt, that have forever changed you as a person.

Well I guess, I was quite different from the person I'd been just over a year ago.

I laid awake in bed thinking about that sometimes. The good, the bad, all of it.

I was young and naive. I guess you always see yourself that way once you've learned more, but what I'd learned.. was the difference between a toxic relationship with healthy circumstances, verses toxic circumstances in a healthy relationship.

I'd grown so much, professionally, in life.. in love.

I was on the way to becoming a mother. The thought of it thrilled me with nervous butterflies.

Just like the ones I got when I stared at him, which I'd gotten to do a lot more lately.

We'd found a temporary manager for the branch we're managing as Ross healed, and I stayed at his bedside.

I probably could handle going back to work at the same time, as Stormie and Mer were still living with us but with my pregnancy symptoms hitting me a bit too hard lately as well, Ross didn't want me to risk it.

We got to spend a lot more time together.. and.. it was safer. We didn't know the state or the consequences Ross' win had caused, but for now.. healing was the first priority.

To be honest, he seemed quite detached from that world now.

Harry learned what happened, and he'd come to visit us as well. He did however get a separate place for a few days instead of staying with us, and my mom was on the way from Italy.. today.

Ross' treat, of course.

I was very excited to see her, and so so nervous.. because today, well it was apparently important.

After less than a month of healing Ross was on his feet again. His wounds were cleaner. The abdomen pain had gotten lesser, and he could move around normally. It made me happy to see his strong body make such an incredible recovery.

That being said, he was keeping yet another secret.

He wouldn't tell anyone where he was taking us today. It was a family event of sorts as we were all going, and cocktail attire was a rule, not an option.

Of course, he got ready relatively fast, so he helped Mer dress the kids, before laying on the couch to watch TV while the rest of us also got ready.

At least that's what Mer told me, before telling me to chop chop because we only had an hour left.

Of course, I listened. Finding the dress wasn't as hard as you would think as I'd went out shopping with Stormie and Mer a while ago- we all needed new dresses for this.

They were living off the clothes they packed and I... well to be honest I was certain Ross would kill me if I didn't buy something new.

Half of my closet was still at the apartment complex I shared with my friends, anyway...which Ross had invited as well. We'd all meet them there.

I was excited. To be honest, I missed them a whole lot. I went from living with them 24/7 to just seeing Camille at work and the rest of them here and there when they decided to visit, or we did.

Either way, I already had my black tights on, so I slipped on the dark night velvet dress as well, along with the white, off the shoulder fox fur shawl that clipped in the front. I paired it with matching short velvet gloves, diamond dangle earrings and a pair of classic black heels.

The dress was a soft velvet fabric, with a corseted sweetheart neckline, hugging my body well.. and the fox fur was the most expensive looking kind I'd ever touched.

Honestly, this dress alone was more expensive than a good car, and the shawl... I'd have to sell my house to afford it. Paired with the diamonds dangling from my ears? That would be a kidney.

It was absolutely surreal to casually wear this to an event. This wasn't my life.. at least not my old one.

I was never doing too bad for myself. I always had my paycheck.. or paychecks as I was working not one but two jobs. I'd have to work 10 at once to have enough money to buy the dress alone like that... and yet, when they questioned Ross on the phone if he wanted to pay in installments, he simply said to place it on his credit.

Bought, just like that. It was insane.

And yes, they had to call him because I never even wanted to get the dress.. actually, trying it on alone was a mistake as it was so stunning I was about to cry.

When Stormie said I could get it, I absolutely refused to, seeing how just a few months ago it would've caused me debt I'd work to pay off til the day I died.

She ended up calling Ross, and he made the purchase for me over the phone.

Anyway, all of that being said, I'd never felt more grateful in my life.. not only for the wonderful dress but the new people surrounding him, and most importantly the love of my life and my baby.

I hadn't realized I was staring off into space, thinking about everything, until Mer walked in the room.

I stared up at her, as I was sitting on the bed.

We both smiled at each other before speaking up in union "You look gorgeous!"

She giggled, and I smiled at her. She was wearing a pale pink dress, that hugged her waist and flowed down almost like liquid. It was expensive, modern, gorgeous.

I almost couldn't believe Ross' family were such simple humble people at first sight, yet with unimaginable wealth.

We hugged each other, as she smiled "You're reminding me of old hollywood with this look. It really all came together perfectly."

"I was just thinking yours was more editorial." I raised an eyebrow at her.

She laughed "That's what I was going for! Anyway we better get down before my brother gets grumpy."

"Something tells me he won't be." I followed behind her.

"Maybe not at you" she laughed.

Once we got downstairs, I realized Harry had showed up too, and Ross was yelling at him by the door "For fuck's sake I said cocktail attire."

"This is my cock attire." he winked, giving his brother a spin for the full view of his half buttoned vacation shirt topped off with three necklaces and a ring on basically each of his fingers. At least his lower half looked more normal, with his basic black pants.

"I think the only cock here is you." Ross threw his hands up, as Harry bursted out laughing "You've always been such a dad!"

Ross looked like so disappointed, as Stormie yelled at them "What have I told y'all about that word?!"

I couldn't help but giggle as I finally got down the stairs.

Like he was programmed to do so, Ross turned to look at me. I stared at him, and he stared back at me for a minute. No words spoken.

I could only take him in.

Prim, polished, out of this world - that's how I would describe him. His suit fit him preferably, and his hair was separated on the side, still fluffy, but definitely less crazy than usual.

He looked like a prince.

I grinned as he approached me, taking a bow "I didn't know I'd be in the presence of royalty today."

I snorted a laugh, and he smiled at me, lifting himself up "You're a diamond beloved."

My smile wouldn't drop, as I stared at him "You look amazing too. Thank you.. for all of this."

I gestured to the dress with my hands, and he shook his head "Don't insult me like that. I'd buy you the world if I could."

"Awww." Mer grinned.

Harry was standing by her, holding Guppy in his arms. He rolled his eyes but there was a smile there.

Ross took his gloved hand in mine, before looking back at his family "Come on now. They'll grill me if I'm late. Mom get Harry one of my sweaters"

"Oh for fuck's sake." Harry mumbled.

"Who even is they." I raised an eyebrow as we went out into the hallway.

He smiled at me "You'll see."

With a hand on the small of my back, and kiss on the cheek, I was ushured out.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I got out of the car, but it surely wasn't... a golf course with a helicopter right in the middle of it, ready to take off.

To my surprise, it was for us. We all ended up getting on the helicopter.

It was quite the surprise, and a new experience.

Once we were all on, and the helicopter stated to take off, I stared at Ross in amazement.

He simply smiled, kissing my forehead.

Once we landed, it only took about two minutes of walking to get to our destination... which was a giant.. absolutely huge building.

Everything from the outside seemed normal, yet very expensive.

There was a lot of security measures to get in. I first noticed Ross pull out the VHF Radio, and I couldn't hear what he said.. due to the distance between us and him, as we weren't allowed to hear or see any of what was doing.

After that, he used a passcode, then a fingerprint, then showed some kind of identification.. and why did the back of it seem.. rather familiar?

I narrowed my eyes, as Mer whispered "Do you have a clue of what he's up to?"

"No." I shook my head "Do you guys know anything about this?"

I looked around at Ross' family members, but Harry just shrugged while Stormie pressed her lips "You'll get to see."

Now that.. had me even more intrigued.

After taking all of the necessary verification and security steps that included of us also showing our normal ID's and going through a detector, etc, which took a good while.. we were finally free to roam around.

Ross was right to get us to dress up. Everyone was dressed to the nines as well, and.. how could you not?

The inside of this otherwise grayish building from the outside, looked almost royal inside. A beautiful, classy and well-decorated space.

It was absolutely.. insane.

"Ross?" I questioned, as I walked next to him.

He looked down at me.

"How's everyone else supposed to get here and go through security without you?" I stared up at him.

"They're getting here by helicopter. I have two of my men guiding them there, and one of them is going to pick up your mom from the airport first. Once they get here they are to let me know, and I'll verify them myself." he placed a strand of hair behind my ear as he explained softly.

God even his voice and the way he stared at me.. it made me feel so safe and loved.

I smiled at him, nodding "Okay."

"The ceremony stars in an hour or so." he rubbed my cheek "I'll get someone to serve you all cocktails and get you small cakes."

"I do love those." I smiled at him "And what are you doing in the meanwhile?"

"I have to talk to some people." he whispered in my ear, before pressing his lips against my cheek, then staring at me again after he pulled away "Stay with the family. I won't be long."

"Yes sir." I nod at him.

He laughs, pecking my lips again before he walks off.

The event seems very nice and collected, with jazz playing in the background, the expensive food and drinks, and booths to sit on.

Though most people were on their feet, chatting with others.. or shall I say networking?

There wasn't any other children around, so I wondered how we were allowed to take Guppy and Nat with us.

Speaking of, Guppy had been pulling on my dress for a minute now "Uppies!"

I chuckled, bending down to get her, as Mer shook her head "Don't let her ruin your shawl. She has grubby little hands."

"I've been introduced to them many times." I stared at Guppy, who giggled quietly, before cuddling up to my neck.

It had always either been my hair or my shirt, but tonight there was no letting her have at it. I was planning on holding onto this dress forever.

Ross ended up being away for a long time, before he showed up again - but this time, with my mom and my friends trailing behind him.. all glammed up.

Tears almost came to my eyes when I saw my mother, and I placed Guppy down for a second.

"Mom!"

"Oh vita mia." she grinned at me, before engulfing me in a hug.

We squeezed each other tightly, before she pulled away to look down at me.

There was tears in her eyes "Ti sei sposata a un re? Sembri regalità."

I smiled at her, before looking up at Ross, who was standing right behind her "Si."

He narrowed his eyes a bit in confusion, but he smiled at me "Something good I suppose."

"Oh very good." my mom turned around to hug him as well.

I grinned at the sight, before turning my attention to my friends who'd already been getting Ross' family.

I took each of them in tight hugs. I'd been missing them as well.

"God it feels like I haven't seen you in forever." Gema sighted, as I hugged her "You look so fucking beautiful."

"You do too." I pouted as I pulled away.

"I know it's been weird not having you around there all the time." Camille spoke up.

"Girl you see her at work." Nick rolled his eyes "And you don't even live with us anymore!"

"It's the next door apartment. I practically still do!" she insisted, pointing up at her bother.

"Miss you too guys." I rolled my eyes, as Ross' arm wrapped around me.

He squeezed me to his chest, and I looked up at him.

"Oh what a sight." my mom covered her mouth with her hands, and it was just then I noticed she was looking at us.

"Right? It's kind of perfect." Stormie spoke up next.

Ellen nodded at her, smiling "I'm glad I met you all. I didn't expect any of this... apart from the relationship part. I knew she was in love with him the first time I came around."

I gasped at that, as Ross nodded.

"Why are you agreeing?" I narrowed my eyebrows up at him, making him laugh.

"It's only fair tesoro. I've loved you from the first time I saw you. You tested me." he shrugged.

"Tested?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yes, tested. My patience, my ability to work, my desire, my own rules." he spoke up.

I pressed my lips, before smiling at him "You caused a visceral reaction in me for sure. Good and bad."

"Good." he kissed my lips, patting my bag lightly before pulling away to greet someone else.

It wasn't anyone I'd ever met or seen, and they talked a few inches away from all of us.

"Aw." Nadia smiled, before I wrapped an arm around her, hugging her again.

She laughed.

"What even is this event?" Bash asked the golden question "What is this place?"

"I don't know more than you." I answered immediately "Ross won't tell."

"Whatever it is.. it's full of beautiful people. I'm a little tempted." Gema looked around.

"That.. would not be a good idea." Mer shook her head, as Nat jumped off of her arms.

My mom laughed, patting his head as he came up to her.

"You don't look bad yourself. The name's Harry." Harry approached Gema.

Her eyes almost popped out of her head.

Yes, he had those Lynch genes. He was very much gorgeous.

Before she could say anything though, Mer pushed Harry away "Don't even think about it."

I snorted a laugh, as Harry pouted "I'm bored through."

It was weird... all of this mix of the people I loved, in one place, interacting with each other.

I never had a big family growing up.. so this.. god it warmed my heart. I'd wanted one forever.

"I cannot wait to be a grandma." my mom spoke up, now coming up to me "It's surreal."

"How many moths along are you?" Nick spoke up "It's not obvious yet."

"I know." I nodded, laughing as I placed a hand over my belly "Like.. close to nine weeks now. Not much to see down there still."

"I was like that when I was pregnant." my mom smiled at me "You start growing around the second trimester."

"Cannot wait." I rolled my eyes, and she laughed at me.

"I'm just so happy for you darling. I love Ross- have a feeling he'll be a great father." my mom nodded.

"I know he will." I smiled, nodding.

I searched for him in the crowd again, but he was nowhere to be seen.

Not a minute later, I notice someone come up to us- dressed in a black suit with gold accents. A hand at his heart, as he bowed in front of me.

"Excuse me. Ross Lynch's family?" he questioned.

"Yes." I nodded, smiling politely.

"I've been ordered to take you to your seats. Please follow me." he started walking.

I looked back at everyone, noticing Mer nod.

So.. we followed him. I remained confused.. not knowing we had assigned seats, or why we needed them.

Either way, we passed the doors and he took us to another hall.. this one larger, more professional, and most importantly... surrounded by guards who looked almost frozen in place at the sides of the hall.

There was a stage in the middle of the hall, with a podium in the middle and a mike.

We were all sat in front of the stage - front row, not knowing exactly who was here to speak.

It took a few minutes for all the seats to be taken, but once everyone was sat, arranged and silent.. I notice a man get on stage.

He seemed an older gentleman, dressed in a suit that almost seemed to keep his posture perfectly straight, decorated beautifully.

Behind him, a row of other men stood behind him- also looking just as important.. and I noticed something similar within all of them.

A golden badge.

"Hello. I am so pleased to welcome all of you today. I hope you've enjoyed our event thus far, and with that, we stand here today to inform you all of a courageous story." he concluded.

Still, very much puzzled, I turned to look at my mom next to me. She seemed equally confused.

"Some of you know more than others." he spoke up, and my eyebrows raised.. we weren't the only ones, then "so for our outside friends, we are going to do an introduction first."

With that, he nodded to the man standing behind him, and he replaced him instead, as he took the place in line.

He was a black man, tall and well build, probably somewhere in his thirties - but that was just a guess.

"The Federal Bureau of Investigation is the domestic intelligence and security service of the United States and its principal federal law enforcement agency. An agency of the United States Department of Justice, the FBI is also a member of the U.S. Intelligence Community and reports to both the Attorney General and the Director of National Intelligence. A leading U.S. counterterrorism, counterintelligence, and criminal investigative organization, the FBI has jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crimes-"

His voice suddenly seeped into the background, as I stopped listening after the first words.

Federal Bureau of Investigation.

My eyes widened, as I suddenly saw everything in a different light. Was I being silly? Did he not.. just say that? Why was there no actual signs in the building?

Then again, the security scans did make sense.

Still, I was a bit flabbergasted as to what the hell.. were we all doing here. Not once in my life had I even dreamed of this. Not once in my life did I think..

Shit, where was Ross when I needed him? I had so many questions, and not one person to ask.

I looked around, and there seemed to be just a few surprised faces, but mostly they were serious.. like they'd heard this speech before about a hundred times.

Ross doesn't seem to be in any of the seats, and when I look back at his family.. well, Harry seemed sort of surprised, Mer is smiling.. and well, Stormie.. she was in silent tears.

The rest of us? Well, we were absolutely clueless... looking back and forth between us.

Again, I decided to remain still and calm.. almost frozen in place. The last thing I wanted was attention, and I needed to hear what the hell were the reasons of us being here.

That.. would prove to be a challenge. The speech was about thirty minutes of time long, and what I'd realized now.. was that each of the men had a timed speech as well.

So it took a few hours to get to the last one. A lot of complicated terms and things I didn't get thrown around, so it really seemed that in three hours of sitting here I'd barely gotten enough knowledge to grasp why we were all here.

Or was that, because none of them mentioned it? They went over the history, and interesting cases, as well as policies and such, but not a word as to why we were all here.

I felt so anxious sitting there, and there didn't seem to be a thing to calm me down.

When I noticed yet another one climb the stage, as the man still stood behind him, my hopes of this being over so I could find Ross... were thrown out of the window.

This one was another older gentleman.

I rested back in my seat, realizing this was probably going to take all day.

"Now that all of that generalized open-to-the-public information is out there, I'd like to speak on a very specific federal case. One that covers the reason why we're standing here today." he nodded, looking down at his speech.

My eyebrows immediately furrowed. Finally.. maybe I'd have a clue.

"The New York, Crime Cease Case or The CCC." he presented "This.. has been a case that had been in planning for years before being introduced, and that took even more years to actively carry out."

...

{continued in part two}

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

89.2K 4.1K 27
"What could possibly go wrong? Dating a legendary rockstar could only mean good things right? Okay, maybe a few bumps in the road. Or maybe a lot. ...
34.9K 1.7K 23
"You love me right?" She asked him. He smiled. "Who wouldn't?" He asked kissing her hand. She smiled pulling him in for a kiss. "Promise to not forge...
43.3K 1.9K 30
Laura Marano is in love with Ross Lynch. She's pretty much of a stalker if you tell me. Rydel Anderson is her best friend, and how come she didn't kn...
8.3K 278 22
All Laura's ever wanted is to be famous. Like them. Like R5. The fans, the concerts, the everything. But being the secret songwriter of R5 might be a...