Pokemon: A Ketchum Journey. V...

By tanishatribe1118

Ash Ketchum is officially ten years old and is starting his journey to become a Pokemon Master with his eight... More

I Choose You!
Pokemon Emergency
Ash Captures a Pokémon
Challenge of the Samurai
Showdown in Pewter City
Clefairy and the Moon Stone
The Water Flowers of Cerulean City
The Path to the Pokémon League
The School of Hard Knocks
Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village
Charmander, the Stray Pokémon
Here comes the Squirtle Squad
Mystery at the Lighthouse
Electric Shock Showdown
Battle Aboard the St. Anne
Pokemon Shipwreck
Island of the Giant Pokémon
Tentacool and Tentacruel
The Ghost of Maiden's Peak
Abra and the Psychic Showdown
The Tower of Terror
Haunter vs. Kadabra
Primeape Goes Bananas
Pokémon Scent-sation
Hypno's Naptime
Pokémon Fashion Flash
The Punchy Pokémon
Sparks Fly for Magnemite
Dig Those Diglett!
The Ninja-Poké Showdown
The Flame Pokémon-athon!
The Kangaskhan Kid
The Bridge Bike Gang
Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
Pikachu's Goodbye
The Battling Eevee Brothers
Wake up, Snorlax!

Bye Bye Butterfree

73 4 0
By tanishatribe1118

Narrator: Once again, we join our heroes, Ash and his sister, Hayley on their continuing journey to becoming a Pokémon master.

Hayley: For the record, I may be eight years old, but I'm following my brother and helping him out when needed.

Narrator: That's right. Becoming a Pokémon master is Ash's dream. Hayley just wants to be a great Pokémon trainer.

Hayley: That's right!

Narrator: With their friends, Brock, Misty, Pikachu and Meeko, Ash and Hayley's next adventure is on the horizon.

"Wow, look at those rocks." said Ash.

"Riol." said Meeko.

"Pi." said Pikachu.

"That's a long drop." Ash said, peering over the edge.

"Yeah, and that's if someone decided to push you." said Hayley.

"Fall from here and the ball game's over." said Misty. Brock stood up and looks at his map. "Mm-hm. Mm-hm." he said, looking to the right. "The map says that this ridge leads right to Saffron City."

"And to our next challenge at the Saffron Gym." said Ash. "Yeah. Huh? What are those?"

"They look like Butterfree." said Misty.

"The Butterfree are celebrating their season of love." said Brock.

"Cool!" said Hayley.

"Love?" asked Misty.

"Yeah." replied Brock. "The season of love is when Butterfree lay their eggs. The Butterfree find mates and then lay their eggs across the sea."

"Across the sea?" asked Ash and Hayley.

"That's right." said Brock.

"How cute." said Misty.

"You mean my Butterfree would go too?" asked Ash.

"If you don't let it cross the see, it will never have babies." said Brock.

"Hm. Babies?" said Ash.

"I'm surprised there was a hot air balloon for rent out here." said Misty.

"We'll probably see lots of other hot air balloons once we get up into the air." said Brock, then looks over to see trainers setting up hot air balloons. "Hold on, guys." Once in the sky, Ash and Hayley look over the edge of the basket. "Heh, what a view." said Ash.

"We're so high up." said Hayley, holding Meeko in her arms.

"Riol." said Meeko in awe. Pikachu looks over at another hot air balloon and chuckles.

"Huh?"

"Look, there they are." said Misty.

"So many Butterfree." Hayley said in awe.

"Let's go." said Brock and they went after the Butterfree.

"Butterfree." trilled the Butterfree.

"Wow, all the Butterfree are pairing off into couples." said Misty.

"Okay, Ash." said Brock.

"Oh, right." said Ash and takes out Butterfree. "Butterfree, go!" Out of its Pokeball, Butterfree goes off in search of a mate. "Go out there and find your mate." said Ash.

"Good luck, Butterfree." said Misty and Hayley. Each Butterfree that it went to turned it down, leaving Ash and Hayley confused. "Huh?" said Ash.

"I don't get it." said Hayley.

"Maybe none of those Butterfree is its type." said Brock.

"What do you mean by its type, Brock?" asked Misty. "The Butterfree all look exactly the same to me."

"Some must fly better than others or maybe they have slightly different patterns, I guess." Brock explained.

"Huh?" said Misty.

"Huh?" said the others as they hear other Pokémon trainers releasing their Butterfrees.

"Look at all the balloons." said Misty.

"Riolu." said Meeko, seeing all the Butterfrees that were in the sky.

"They're all Butterfree trainers. They come this time every year to release their Butterfree." said Brock.

"I wonder how many Butterfree trainers are there in the world." said Hayley.

"Hundreds, maybe thousands of them." Brock tells her as a hot air balloon with a girl pulled up.

"That's many?" asked Hayley, her eyes went wide. "I didn't know!"

"You just go find yourself a nice mate, Butterfree, go!" she said, releasing her Butterfree from its Pokeball, laughing with a smile on her face. Brock started gibbering as he stares at the girl. "Misty...he's doing it again." said Hayley.

"Oh, no, not this again." said Misty as Butterfree comes up to them.

"Butterfree." said Ash.

"Listen up, Butterfree." said Brock, pushing Ash out of the way. "See that Butterfree that girl just released? Ha! That one." He then points to the Butterfree that was released. "That one right there, pick that one."

Butterfree tilted its head at Brock. "Don't you get it? If two Butterfree fall in love their trainers will meet and they can fall in love too." said Brock, frantically.

"Oh." said Brock as Misty and Hayley hit him on the head.

"Don't butt into Pokémon love affairs." said Misty.

"Do you want us to be worried about you?" Hayley asked Brock.

"But, Misty, Hayley, if Butterfree doesn't find a mate it won't ever have babies." said Ash and Butterfree nods in agreement.

"Go ahead, then." said Misty and Butterfree takes off.

"I understand that, Ash, but Brock still shouldn't be meddling in Pokémon love affairs." said Hayley.

"Free! Free!" trilled Butterfree as it gets close to the others.

"Go get them, Butterfree." said a determined Misty. "The perfect mate for you is got to be out there somewhere."

"Free! Free!" said Butterfree, looking for the perfect mate when suddenly spots a pink Butterfree. "Free! Free! Free! Free! Free! Free!"

"It looks like Butterfree really found someone it likes." said Misty.

"Yeah, it's love at first sight with that pink one." said Brock.

"It's a pretty pink too." said Hayley.

"Butterfree's acting kind of weird." said Ash.

"That's Butterfree's courtship dance." said Brock.

"Courtship dance?" asked Ash and Hayley.

"It's Butterfree's way of saying: 'I want to be your Butterfree'." Brock tells them.

"Oh, that's so romantic." said Misty.

"It's a worthy dance." said Hayley.

"Riolu." said Meeko.

"If it's successful, the other Butterfree does a dance too." Brock added.

"It's doing something." said Misty.

"What's going on?" asked Ash.

"Where's Butterfree going?" asked Hayley.

"Free! Free! Free! Free! Free..." said Butterfree, going after the pink Butterfree but gets slapped in the face by her wing. "(Groans) Free..."

"Oh no!" said Hayley as the others gasped.

"Riolu." said Meeko, sadly. The pink Butterfree flies off, leaving Butterfree in the dust. "Butterfree got shot down." said Brock.

"What? That's so mean. That isn't fair." said Misty.

"Yeah. What that pink Butterfree did wasn't right." said Hayley. Butterfree sobbed his rejection and flies off into the forest. "Butterfree. Where are you going?" Ash called out. "Butterfree!"

"Shot down in its prime." said Brock.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu.

"Riolu." said Meeko. Once the hot air balloon was back on the ground, the quartet searched for Butterfree. "Butterfree!" Ash called out. "Hey, Butterfree!"

"Butterfree." Misty called out.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu.

"Where are you!?" shouted Hayley.

"Riol!" Meeko called out.

"Butterfree. Come out."

"Butterfree. Where are you?"

"Chu."

Hiding behind a tree was Butterfree. "It's Butterfree." said Ash and they ran up. "Hey there, Butterfree, are you okay?"

"Free..." groaned Butterfree.

"Hey, how come you look so sad, buddy?" asked Ash.

"It was rejected by someone it loved." grumbled Brock. "That's a terrible shock. Believe me, it's a terrible feeling. I could write a book about the secrets of love and heartache."

"I guess that would be your autobiography." said Misty, causing Hayley and Meeko to giggle as Brock groans in defeat.

"Pikachu. Pika, Pikachu." said Pikachu, walking up to Butterfree.

"Free." said Butterfree, nodding.

"Pika. Pikachu." Pikachu tells Butterfree as Ash pulls out Dexter.

"Do you think maybe Dexter might be able to tell us how Butterfree can get that other Butterfree to be its mate?" asked Ash.

"Dexter's never been in love." said Misty.

"Free." said Butterfree, hanging his head down.

"I just don't understand it." said Ash. "My Butterfree's great. Why would any other Butterfree reject it?"

"Butterfree is the best one in the whole world." Hayley said in agreement, getting on her knees and facing Butterfree. "No Butterfree should reject it."

Ash then looks down at his Pokémon. "Butterfree, maybe you just have to show off your strengths and let the others see how great you are." Ash said to Butterfree. "Show how powerful your tackle is or how you can use Stun Spore."

"That's right." said Misty, chiming in. "You've got to be assertive."

"Free." said Butterfree.

"Love is all about attacking your opponent first." said Misty. "Get in a quick punch and surprise them, then while they're still weak take the lead and you'll beat them hands down. Trust me, I know that's the best way to win."

"You mean it?" asked Brock.

"Sure do. That's love." said Misty.

"Ah! I wished I'd known that sooner." said Brock, rubbing his hands through his hair.

"I think Butterfree should show off a little bit so that it can get that Pink Butterfree's attention and get to know it." said Hayley.

"Free?" asked Butterfree.

"You don't know what you're talking about, Hayley." said Ash.

"Yeah, you're too young and don't know anything about what love is." said Misty.

"True, but I do know that's one of the ways dad did for mom to marry him." said Hayley, smirking at her brother.

"Really?" asked Ash.

"Yep." said Hayley. "She told me about it when I asked her one day."

"That should be plan B." said Ash, before turning to Butterfree. "Let's give it another try."

"Hold it." said Brock.

"Huh?"

"A new look might help." said Brock, then places a yellow scarf around Butterfree's neck and Butterfree coos at this.

"Heh."

"Yeah, that looks great." said Misty, causing Butterfree to coo.

"Hm..." said Hayley.

"What is it?" asked Brock.

"Butterfree, that scarf makes you look...very handsome." said Hayley. "It looks fantastic on you."

"Free! Free!" squealed Butterfree, then flies up to Hayley, giving her a hug. Soon enough, they were back up in the air. "We got to find it." said Ash, looking through binoculars. "Where did that pink Butterfree go?"

"This is important to you, isn't it?" asked Misty.

"Hayley and I raised that Butterfree ourselves and I'll show them all how good it is." said Ash.

"Heh, it looks like the trainers are just as passionate as the Butterfree." said Misty.

"I agree with that." said Hayley.

"Riolu." said Meeko.

"All right, there it is." said Ash after spotting the pink Butterfree. "Now, Butterfree, this time just have confidence in yourself."

"You can do this, Butterfree!" said Hayley.

"Olu, Olu." said Meeko.

"Go." said Ash.

"Pika." said Pikachu.

"Free!" squealed Butterfree as it goes after the pink Butterfree.

"Butterfree! Show it your Whirlwind attack!" shouted Ash. Butterfree trilled as he flaps his wings, showing his whirlwind. The pink Butterfree turned her head away from Butterfree.

"Hm. Now use your Tackle. That should do the trick." suggested Ash.

"Free! Free! Free! Free!" said Butterfree as he showed off his tackle, but the pink Butterfree wasn't interested.

"Free..." said Butterfree.

"(Sighs) Shot down again." said Ash.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu.

"I wish that pink Butterfree would give Butterfree a chance." said Hayley.

"Riolu." said Meeko, placing her head in her hands. Suddenly in the helicopter, Team Rocket appeared. "Huh?" said Misty.

"What's that?" asked Ash.

"Judging by the logo on the front of the helicopter, we know who it is." said Hayley.

"Prepare for trouble."

"Make it double."

"To protect the world from devastation..."

"To untie all peoples within our nation...."

"To denounce the evils of truth and love..."

"To extend our reach to the stars above..."

"Jessie."

"James."

"Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light." said Jessie.

"Surrender now or prepare to fight." said James.

"Meowth! That's right!" said Meowth, appearing from underneath the helicopter.

"Ha-ha! Look at all the Butterfree." said Jessie.

"All ours for the taking." said James.

"Let's do dome networking, ha-ha!" said Meowth as the Pokeball below him turns into a giant net.

"Look! They're stealing the Butterfree." said Misty as Team Rocket got to work.

"It's those little twerps again." said James. "No matter where we go, those kids are always in our way."

"But this time they can't do a thing to stop us." said Jessie as Meowth cackles. All the Butterfree whimpered as they were caught in the net. "Hey, knock it off." shouted Ash.

"Hey! Leave those Butterfree alone!" shouted Hayley.

"Stop or you're going to disrupt their whole egg-laying season." said Brock.

"Can't you see these Butterfree are in love?" asked Misty.

"Heh, we're in love too, little girl, with all the pretty Pokémon." said Jessie.

"Those Butterfree are free no more." said James.

"Argh. We've got to stop them." said Ash. Team Rocket laughed as they continued to capture more Butterfree.

"Quit it! Leave them alone! Knock it off." the quartet shouted at Team Rocket.

"(Laughs) We're having quite the spree." said Jessie.

"We're swiping all the Butterfree." added Meowth.

"There's never been a happier me." said James.

"They're getting away." said Hayley.

"Can't we speed this thing up and catch them?" asked Ash.

"I'm trying, Ash, but they're chopper's a lot faster." said Brock, pulling on the cord of the hot air balloon.

"Huh." groaned Ash.

"Ha-ha, nothing but net." said James as Butterfree flew side by side with the chopper, capturing the last remaining Butterfree, including the Pink Butterfree.

"Free!" shouted Butterfree, flying faster than ever before to catch up with the net.

"Free! Free!" said the Pink Butterfree, scared out of her mind.

"Free! Free!" said Butterfree, body slamming the side of Team Rocket's chopper with all his might.

"Yeah. That's it, Butterfree!" shouted Ash. "Use your Tackle attack."

Butterfree tackles the chopper as best he could. "Huh, that pathetic little insect thinks it can stop us." said Jessie.

"Butterfree, Stun Spore now." said Ash. Butterfree releases Stun Spore above the chopper.

"Ha-ha-ha! That was a stunning failure." said James.

"(Sighs) I guess I'm going to have to use Pidgeotto then." said Ash.

"Wait a minute. You can't do that." said Misty, stopping him from sending out Pidgeotto. "Just think how Butterfree would feel. It's trying its hardest out there."

"All right." said Ash.

"All right. What a catch." Jessie said, gleefully.

"Now let's hit the skyway." said Meowth. Just as they take off, Team Rocket almost knocks Butterfree out of the sky.

"Our thanks to all of you who came to see Team Rocket's latest triumph. We hope to see you again." said Jessie.

"Next time we steal the show." said James.

"Hey, come back!" shouted Ash.

"I highly doubt that Team Rocket can steal the show." said Hayley. "There's so much to do in 30 minutes episode."

"Riolu." said Meeko, shaking her head.

"They may be camera ready but it's not about them." said Misty.

"Exactly." said Brock.

"They're just not camera-ready today." said Hayley.

"Free! Free!" said Butterfree as they go after Team Rocket.

"Butterfree!" shouted Ash. "After it."

"Here goes." said Brock, adding more fire into the balloon.

"Now that is what I call a Pokémon on a mission." said Hayley as they entered the clouds and into a canyon.

"I don't see Butterfree or Team Rocket." said Misty as Ash sighs. "Butterfree was flying as fast as it could."

"I bet it's going to follow that pink Butterfree no matter where they take it." said Brock.

"While we're on the hunt for Butterfree, I'm going to give Meowth a surprise." said Hayley, holding an actual water gun in her hands.

"Huh?" said the others.

"Ri, Riol?" asked Meeko.

"You'll see, Meeko." said Hayley.

"Butterfree, where are you?" Ash called out.

"Pika!" Pikachu called out.

"Butterfree!"

"Pika!"

"Please, Butterfree!" Misty shouted.

"Hey, Butterfree!" shouted Ash.

"Butterfree!" shouted Hayley.

"Free! Free!" Butterfree called out to them.

"Ah, Butterfree." said Ash in relief.

"Free! Free!" said Butterfree, flying up to them, looking beat up. "Free! Free!"

"What happened?" asked Ash and Hayley as Butterfree tells them.

"Chu, Chu?" asked Pikachu.

"Olu, Riol?" asked Meeko.

"Is the pink Butterfree over there?" asked Misty.

"Free! Free!" said Butterfree, nodding.

"Don't worry. Show us the way, Butterfree." said Ash. In a warehouse, Meowth was counting the Butterfree. "98 Meowth, 99 Meowth, 100 Meowth, hee-hee-hee!" said Meowth.

"A very nice catch." said Jessie.

"Just between us, isn't it nice to have one of our nefarious schemes actually work for once?" asked James.

"Feels great." said Meowth.

"We're at our best when we're at our worst." said Jessie. "We've finally got it back."

"Yeah, when the boss hears about this, I'll be top cat again." said Meowth and starts daydreaming about sitting in Giovanni's lap as Persian walks away, purring as Meowth taunts it.

Suddenly a window break, spreading glass everywhere. "Hey, somebody's busting in." said Meowth.

"Who is it? Who's there?" asked Jessie as Ash, Misty, Brock and Hayley came in.

"Prepare for Trouble." said Ash, starting a rewrite of their Motto.

"And you can make that quadruple." said Misty.

"To protect the world from devastation." said Brock, popping up with a flashlight.

"To unite all peoples within our nation." said Ash and Misty.

"This was just..." said Jessie.

"Too good." said James.

"To last." said Meowth.

"You got that right." said Hayley, posing with their Pokemon.

"Pika!" said Pikachu.

"Riolu." said Meeko.

"We're defending the beauty of truth and love." said Misty.

"Let's do it." said Brock.

"We got to stop them!" shouted Meowth.

"Stop right there, Meowth!" Hayley shouted at Meowth with a water gun in her hands, pointed at him.

"Is that a water gun?" asked Meowth, mouth dropping.

"Oh yeah." said Hayley, looking at the water gun in her hands. "And it's filled up with a whole lot of soapy water."

"Uh-oh." said Meowth.

"Part of the deal you made with Meowth?" asked Misty.

"One part of it and now he's going to get his fur soaking wet." said Hayley, aiming the water gun directly at Meowth.

"Smart thinking, sis." said Ash.

"Thanks Ash." she happily said.

"Today's the day." said Jessie.

"You won't win." said James.

"Butterfree, go!" shouted Ash and Butterfree goes after Team Rocket.

"Go, Starmie!" shouted Misty, sending out Starmie. "Starmie, Tackle attack!" Starmie spins around as it chases after Team Rocket.

"Go, Meeko!" shouted Hayley.

"Riolu!" shouted Meeko, running after Meowth.

"Meeko, use Quick Attack!" said Hayley. Meeko runs around Meowth, before hitting him in his stomach, causing him to stumble and fall backwards.

"Free! Free!" Butterfree says to the others and starts attacking the net. The pink Butterfree looks up at him in awe as Butterfree continues to attack the net. Butterfree attacks the net one last time, finally breaking it.

"Free! Free!" said the other Butterfrees as the get out of the net.

"The Butterfree are getting away! Do something!" screamed Meowth.

"Take this!" said Jessie, hitting Starmie with the sledgehammer.

"Hang in there, Starmie." said Misty, with a water tank on her back and blasts water on Starmie who then shakes it off.

"Hurry up, fly away." said Brock, opening the doors of the warehouse and lets the Butterfree escape.

"Wait. Stop them. They're getting away. Hurry." said James as he, Meowth and Jessie were trying to catch them with smaller nets. Butterfree was over by the bigger net, panting.

"Are you all right, Butterfree?" Ash asked.

"Free! Free! Free!" said the Pink Butterfree when suddenly James comes up behind her.

"I'll get it." he said, staring her down. Just then, Butterfree tackles James down.

"Free!" said the Pink Butterfree, blushing furiously.

"We won't let them get away, argh!" said Meowth, as he and Jessie were in the chopper, waiting for James.

"Stop! Come back!" shouted Brock as he and the others ran after Team Rocket, who then takes off.

"Wait!" shouted Misty.

"Oh." said Ash.

"We're going to get every one of them back." said Meowth.

"Hurry. Faster." said Misty once they were in the hot air balloon.

"There's Team Rocket. Over there." said Ash, spotting them.

"The flock of Butterfree." said Misty.

"No, they're doing it again." said Ash.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said to Butterfree, who then let's Pikachu hop on his back.

"Pikachu, what are you two going to do?" asked Ash as Butterfree heads towards the Team Rocket chopper.

"Pika!" said Pikachu.

"Ya know, Ash...." said Hayley. "Other than Meeko, I'm starting to wish that Professor Oak had given me another Pokémon egg."

"Why is that?" asked Brock.

"That way, if the egg had hatched into a Pikachu, they would be brother and sister." Hayley tells Brock. "And you can't forget...double the thunderbolts."

"That is something I can agree with, Hayley." said Ash as the Pink Butterfree whimpers.

Butterfree flies past the chopper, makes a U-turn and flies towards it. "What's that?" asked Jessie.

"Free!" said an angry Butterfree.

"Huh?" said Team Rocket.

"Pika!" Pikachu exclaims, jumping off of Butterfree and onto the Team Rocket chopper.

"Huh?" said Team Rocket, seeing Pikachu on the glass.

"Ka!"

"It's going to shock us." said Team Rocket as Pikachu starts to show his sparks. "It's going to shock us. It's going to shock us. It's going to shock us. It's going to..." Team Rocket screams as Pikachu shocks the whole entire chopper. "Ash?" asked Hayley.

"I know exactly what you're thinking, sis." he replied. "You want a Pikachu of your own."

"Yep." his sister said. "That way, Pikachu could have a little brother or sister. Other than Meeko, of course."

"We'll find one." said Ash. Team Rocket screams as they fall to the ground. "We were so close this time." said Meowth.

"Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again!" said Jessie, falling into a crevasse.

"We did it." said Ash.

"That'll teach 'em not to play around with a Pokémon romance." said Misty.

"Free!" said Butterfree as he returns to the hot air balloon.

"Pika." said Pikachu, hopping over to them.

"You did it, Pikachu. Great work." said Ash.

"'Great work'?" asked Hayley.

"Rio?" asked Meeko.

"Pikachu did better than that." said Hayley. "Pikachu did fantastic."

"Olu, Riolu." said Meeko, nodding causing Ash to beam.

"Pik. Pikachu." said Pikachu, blushing from the praise.

"Free!" said the Pink Butterfree, approaching Butterfree and blushing. "(Sings and coos) Free! Free!"

"Hey, look." said Ash.

"(Coos and sings) Free! Free! Free!" said the Pink Butterfree.

"Heh, now the Pink Butterfree is doing the courtship dance for your Butterfree." said Brock.

"All right, good for you, Butterfree." said Ash as Hayley smiles.

"Chu. Olu." said Pikachu and Meeko.

"Free! Free! Free! Free!" said both Butterfree, circling each other. The sun was setting on the cliff behind both Butterfree. "Well, I guess you have to leave us now, don't you?" asked Ash as Butterfree nodded.

"They have to cross the ocean and start their new family." said Brock.

"I'll miss you, Butterfree." said Misty.

"It's time." said Brock.

"I'll say good-bye then." said Ash.

"Me too." said Hayley.

"This is a great Butterfree, so take care of it for me." Ash tells the Pink Butterfree.

"Free! Free!" said the Pink Butterfree, nodding.

"Your babies are going to be beautiful." said Misty.

"I guess you better get going." said Brock.

"Free!" said the Pink Butterfree, taking to the sky.

"Be careful out there, okay." said Hayley.

"Free!" said Butterfree, nodding with tears in his eyes.

"I know. I'm sad too." said Hayley.

"Free! Free! Free!" Butterfree said to Hayley.

"I promise to keep him out of trouble." said Hayley, pointing to her brother. "Who else has to do it besides Misty and Brock."

"Hey!" said Ash.

"You know that I love you, Ash." said Hayley.

"I love you too, Hayley." said Ash.

"Free!" said Butterfree, walking up to Ash.

"Don't worry, I'll just tell all the other Pokémon that you're on a trip and you'll come back someday maybe." said Ash.

"Free! Free! Free!" said Butterfree, sobbing.

"Goodbye, Butterfree." said Ash, looking at his shoes as Butterfree joins the Pink Butterfree.

"Bye-bye, Butterfree." said Misty, waving to Butterfree.

"Good luck to both of you." said Brock, with his arms around Hayley.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu, tearing up.

"Riolu." said Meeko, joining Pikachu. Ash then remembers when he caught first caught Butterfree as a Caterpie, how he made Hayley smile as he rubbed his head against her check, Caterpie evolving into Metapod and then into Butterfree. "Butterfree." said Ash, remembering the good times he had with him.

"Hey, Ash, Butterfree's almost out of sight." said Misty.

"Huh?" said Ash, looking up to see that she was right. "Take care, Butterfree! Good luck, buddy!"

"Free!" said a tearful Butterfree as he looks over his shoulder.

"Goodbye, Butterfree. Hayley and I will always remember you." Ash said, waving to Butterfree. "Thank you for everything. Goodbye, Butterfree!"

"We love you, Butterfree!" said Hayley.

"Free!" Butterfree called out as he and the Pink Butterfree finally caught up with the flock.

"Have a good trip, Butterfree. Take care of yourself!" said Ash, waving after Butterfree. "Be happy, old friend."

"You know, Ash, you and Hayley raised Butterfree to have a lot of courage and I think you just proved that both of you have a lot of courage, too." said Brock.

"Thank you, Brock." said Ash.

"Thank you." said Hayley.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu, hopping onto Ash's shoulder.

"Riolu." said Meeko, jumping into Hayley's arms.

"Isn't that beautiful?" asked Misty.

"It sure is." said Ash.

Narrator: Good friendships last forever even though friends don't always stay together.

Hayley: I'll miss Butterfree.

Narrator: I thought so. Helping Butterfree to grow, Ash and Hayley might have grown a little themselves.

"Free! Free! Free! Free!" said Butterfree in the distance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 404 51
Join Ash on his journey of the 10 regions and become the Pokemon Master. Ash and 12 girls harem. Part 1 of the series: Kanto.
654 3 18
It's Ashley Ketchum's tenth birthday, and she's ready to do what many 10-year-olds in the Kanto region set out to do-become a Pokémon Trainer! Things...
2.3K 69 19
Ash Ketchum, a 10-year-old from the town of Pallet embarks on his Pokémon journey. His goal: Become a Pokémon Master. However, things are a little mo...
6.6K 114 12
(Y/n) ketchum the older brother of ash ketchum and the current champion of kanto is taking a year vacation in his journey after 7 years of travelling...