The Return of the Night ( A H...

由 MeryMayham

- disclaimer - I don't own the characters or the franchise or the cover, I only own my oc Before you read: In... 更多

Bio
Prologue: A Piece of The Past
Chapter 1: Saga's Life on Berk
Chapter 2: A Dragon Friend?
Chapter 3: An Alchemist's Pride and Joys
Chapter 4: An Accidental Reunion ( Part 1 )
Chapter 5: An Accidental Reunion ( Part 2 )
Chapter 6: An Accidental Reunion ( Part 3 )
Chapter 7: An Accidental Reunion ( Part 4 )
Chapter 8: The Alchemist On The Edge ( Part 1 )
Chapter 9: The Alchemist On The Edge ( Part 2 )
Chapter 10: The Zippleback Experience ( Part 1 )
Chapter 11: The Zippleback Experience ( Part 2 )
Chapter 12: The Zippleback Experience ( Part 3 )
Chapter 13: The Zippleback Experience ( Part 4 )
Chapter 14: Unexpected Discovery of Hearts ( Part 1 )
Chapter 15: Unexpected Discovery of Hearts ( Part 2 )
Chapter 16: Snow Way Out ( Part 1 )
Chapter 17: Snow Way Out ( Part 2 )
Chapter 18: Snow Way Out ( Part 3 )
Chapter 19: Snow Way Out ( Part 4 )
Chapter 20: Edge of Disaster Part 1 of Part 1
Chapter 21: Edge Disaster Part 2 of Part 1
Chapter 22: Edge Disaster Part 3 of Part 1
Chapter 23: Edge Disaster Part 1 of Part 2 ( Short )
Chapter 24: Edge Disaster Part 2 of Part 2
Chapter 25: Edge Disaster Part 3 of Part 2
Chapter 26: Edge Disaster Part 4 of Part 2
Chapter 27: Shock and Awe ( Part 1 ) ( short )
Chapter 28: Shock and Awe ( Part 2 )
Chapter 29: Shock and Awe ( Part 3 )
Chapter 30: An Owl or A Dragon? ( Part 1 )
Chapter 31: An Owl or A Dragon ( Part 2 )
Chapter 32: An Owl or A Dragon ( Part 3 )
Chapter 33: An Owl or A Dragon ( Part 4 ) ( short )
Chapter 34: An Owl or A Dragon ( Part 5 )
Chapter 35: An Owl or A Dragon ( Part 6 )
Chapter 36: A Time to Skrill ( Part 1 ) ( Short )
Chapter 38: A Time to Skrill ( Part 3 )
Chapter 39: A Time to Skrill ( Part 4 )
Chapter 40: A Time to Skrill ( Part 5 )
Chapter 41: Three Little Shooting Stars & The Start of Something New ( Part 1 )

Chapter 37: A Time to Skrill ( Part 2 )

129 8 13
由 MeryMayham

The riders were flying to Outcast island, and landed on the island and they saw the state the island was left in. Serenity stood close to Saga with her guard up in case of danger.

Ruffnut: Whoa, I don't like it.

Hiccup: Weird. I don't see any arrows or spears.

Saga: And no boulders from catapults either...

Fishlegs: Which is very strange.

Hiccup: This really doesn't seem like a Dragon Hunter attack.

Saga then began silently observing the damage while the gang continued talking.

Astrid: Well, whoever did this meant business.

Fishlegs: And where did everybody go?

Astrid: They must have evacuated.

Fishlegs: What could possibly scare the Outcasts off their own island?-

Saga: ( knowingly and honestly: ) Well, judging by the depth and length of these scratch marks and the number of barely noticeable lightning strike marks, the Outcasts were attacked by one angry Skrill. And from the looks of it, it's on a revenge streak.

The dragon riders shared worried looks that caused the alchemist's stormcutter to tilt her head in confusion at their reactions while the alchemist didn't seem to notice.

Then suddenly the group heard the sounds of feathered wings flapping, and they all looked up at the same time their dragons looked up at the sky to see the black furred dragon flying towards the island.

They watched in shock as the black furred dragon gracefully lands on the island's grounds a few feet away from them. The female dragon quickly began looking around the place, seemingly looking for something as she melodiously hummed, her paws made very little sound with each step she took.

Fishlegs: What is she doing here? Did she follow us?

Astrid: She seems to be looking for something.

Hiccup: Let's follow her, gang. And let's do it quietly, as to not startle her.

The riders and their dragons then quietly followed the black furred dragon as she was searching throughout the island for something that was unknown to them. The dragon didn't seem to have noticed their presence as she continued searching.

The black furred dragon's eyes then brightened in joy as she saw something hidden within a hole in a dead tree. She then sat on her hind legs with a excited look on her face as she reached her front paws into the hole of the tree to grab what she found inside.

The riders watched this in shock, as they have never seen a dragon use their front legs to grab for something like a human does, Fishlegs quickly pulled out a journal and began writing what he was seeing down.

The black furred dragon then wore a motherly smile on her face as she seemed to grab hold of what was hidden within the dead tree.

Black furred dragon: ( mimicking the voice of a woman's, softly to what she found within the tree: ) " It's okay, Mama's here... "

The black furred dragon then carefully pulled out a green dragon egg that resembled plants with four leafy branches on top and several root-like protuberances on the bottom of it, from within the dead tree, shocking all the riders and their dragons.

The feathered winged dragon purred at the egg affectionately as she cradled it in her front paws, like a mother holding her newborn child.

Saga: ( silently, with a smile: ) Aww...

Tuffnut: ( quietly: ) I think I can feel cavities forming in my teeth by watching this.

Fishlegs: ( a bit loudly: ) But, how did she know that it was there?

The black furred dragon held the egg in her paws and held it close to her chest when she heard Fishlegs's voice. She then turned her head to the group and looked at them with a worried and slightly fearful look as she held the egg close. As the riders looked at the female dragon with slight sadness, which grew as the black furred dragon spoke with that same worried and fearful look on her face, like a mother worrying for the safety of her child.

Black furred dragon: ( mimicking the voice of a woman: ) " Stay back! "

Saga's heart broke slightly when she heard those words, even though the dragon had spoke them a few times before, but this time, the look the dragon wore as she spoke those words reminded her the times she had to fight off predators that had tried to harm her baby furies, this caused her to glance at the scars she had earned from those past battles. She wasn't the only one that was affected by the words the dragon spoke more than the others, Hiccup looked at the dragon with widened eyes, as his heart also felt like it broke by those words, but then his mind began to wonder, where the dragon had heard those words from. That's when Hiccup noticed something that he wouldn't have noticed before due to the female dragon not allowing him or the gang to get too close to her, there hidden by her fur, was the letters " DH " burned and scarred into the scales hidden beneath the fur, seeing this made Hiccup's blood boil but he kept his anger from showing on his face.

The black furred dragon cowered in fearful worry as Saga began slowly approaching her, she held the green leaf-like dragon egg in her paws close to her chest.

Black furred dragon: ( mimicking the voice of a woman: ) " Stay back! "

On instinct, the black furred dragon covered her head with her wings as she wrapped them around herself when Saga held her hand out to touch the dragon, the feathered winged dragon seemingly expecting the alchemist to hurt her, but the dragon's eyes widened in confusion as she felt the alchemist gently pet one of her wings, she slowly lifted her head from the cover of her wings and looked at Saga, who was giving her a kind and soothing smile.

Saga: ( to the black furred dragon, while holding back tears: ) It's okay... You're safe now, Dreamsong. You have us on your side now.

As if on cue, Serenity slowly walked up to the black furred dragon, and she gently wrapped one of her upper wings around the smaller dragon's form, and the stormcutter gave her a reassuring purr. The black furred dragon, now named " Dreamsong " looked at the two with relieved tears in her eyes as she unwrapped her wings from herself, still holding the egg close to her chest.

Hiccup and the gang looked at the scene in front of them with smiles on their faces to seeing the heartwarming moment in front of them, except for Fishlegs, he was currently holding back tears of joy from falling. Hiccup's mind then reminded him of the possible danger as he remembered the reason they were on the island.

Hiccup: Alright, gang. Let's saddle up and check where me and the twins trapped the skrill we know.

Saga turned to Hiccup and the gang with a look of complete confusion to what Hiccup was talking about as the riders got on their dragons.

Hiccup: ( to Saga: ) We'll fill you in on the way. For now, until we get back to the Edge, we'll keep Dreamsong close and not have her or the egg leave our sight.

The alchemist gave Hiccup a curious look as she got on her stormcutter, before she turned to the black furred dragon and gave her a soft smile.

Saga: Let's go, sweetie. This place is too gloomy for you and the egg to be here.

Dreamsong watched with slight hesitation as the riders flew into the air, but they waited in the air for her. The black furred dragon then slowly opened her black feathered wings, and continued to hold the egg close to her chest with her front paws as she boosts herself into the air with her hind legs before flapping her wings and began flying beside the riders and their dragons, sticking close to Saga and Serenity.

( Slight time skip, when the riders saw that the Skrill they trapped was gone )

Saga was standing where the Skrill Hiccup and the twins had trapped once was, and took a deep breath as she had processed everything her adoptive siblings and friends had told her after the group realized that the vengeful lightning dragon was now heading to Berk. Dreamsong cradled the green leaf-like dragon egg in her front paws as Serenity stood beside her.

Saga: ( with a serious expression: ) So let me get this straight... Three years ago, you found a frozen skrill, then unfroze it from its icey prison, it gets captured and enslaved by Dagur and the outcasts, you took down Dagur and got him sent to prison on Outcast island after he tried to kill Alvin with said Skrill, then re-trapped the poor, probably mentally scarred dragon after freeing it from enslavement?

There was a long moment of silence, until...

Tuffnut: Well, yeah, but you make it sound like we did a bad thing, Sis.

Saga: ( takes a deep breath, before giving the whole gang the stern mom glare ) Ten seconds to get on your dragons and start heading to Berk before the Skrill gets to it, before I give you all a piece of my bloody mind with, ( points to Snotlout, Fishlegs, and the twins ) your helmets, ( then points to Astrid: ) a shield, ( and then points to Hiccup ) and your metal leg. Starting now, 10...

The twins were the first ones to get on their dragon and to take off, as the others followed. And once the gang where back in the air, Saga got back on Serenity and pinched the bridge of her nose.

Saga: ( to Serenity and Dreamsong: ) I swear, girls, sometimes, I wonder if they realize how many times their actions with somewhat challenging dragon species they have caused some trauma to, or not. If not, gods give me strength not to slap my two crushes and the two muttenheads of siblings on the backs of their heads.

The alchemist and her two dragons then took off to follow after the others as they began heading to Berk.

______________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Feel free to comment on what your reaction was to the black furred dragon, Dreamsong finding a dragon egg, or what you think about Dreamsong's character so far.

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

34.7K 768 11
Y/n Carefree L/n the Third. That's you. A royal and a great warrior. And you are about to fall in love with those devious creatures.. Those crazy ter...
2.1K 70 15
After the romantic flight with Astrid, Hiccup and Toothless leave as they planned to. Astrid tells Stoik that Hiccup left and wasn't going to come ba...
587 21 19
SO i just wanted to jump onto this really, writers block can do some crazy shit.... ANYWHO you, your y/n and i dunno what to say so just...read if wa...
45.3K 725 21
I promised myself I'd never make one of these books, but here we are. *CHARACTERS AND EVENTS REFERRED TO IN THIS STORY ARE CREDITED TO DREAMWORKS* *A...