Pokemon: A Ketchum Journey. V...

By tanishatribe1118

Ash Ketchum is officially ten years old and is starting his journey to become a Pokemon Master with his eight... More

I Choose You!
Pokemon Emergency
Ash Captures a Pokémon
Challenge of the Samurai
Clefairy and the Moon Stone
The Water Flowers of Cerulean City
The Path to the Pokémon League
The School of Hard Knocks
Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village
Charmander, the Stray Pokémon
Here comes the Squirtle Squad
Mystery at the Lighthouse
Electric Shock Showdown
Battle Aboard the St. Anne
Pokemon Shipwreck
Island of the Giant Pokémon
Tentacool and Tentacruel
The Ghost of Maiden's Peak
Bye Bye Butterfree
Abra and the Psychic Showdown
The Tower of Terror
Haunter vs. Kadabra
Primeape Goes Bananas
Pokémon Scent-sation
Hypno's Naptime
Pokémon Fashion Flash
The Punchy Pokémon
Sparks Fly for Magnemite
Dig Those Diglett!
The Ninja-Poké Showdown
The Flame Pokémon-athon!
The Kangaskhan Kid
The Bridge Bike Gang
Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
Pikachu's Goodbye
The Battling Eevee Brothers
Wake up, Snorlax!

Showdown in Pewter City

192 5 0
By tanishatribe1118

Out on a dirt road, shovels were throwing parts of dirt around.

"To protect the world from devastation..."

"To untie all peoples within our nation...."

"To denounce the evils of truth and love. To extend our reach to the stars above."

"Jessie."

"James."

"Meowth. I don't get why you two are always talking and I'm stuck doing all the work!" said Meowth.

"We haven't got much time." said Jessie. "If they're headed for Pewter City, they're have to pass this way!"

"And they'll have to fall right into our trap." said James.

"Although, I wonder if that little girl's Poke-egg hatched yet." Jessie tells James.

"True, it should've at least hatched by now." said James.

"Come on! Dig it deep, then we'll cover it up so well they'll never guess it's a trap!" said Meowth as they covered it with tied up branches, leaves and dirt. "Ha! Perfect!"

"Ah! I can't even tell where the trap is!" shouted James.

"Wasn't it here?" asked Jessie as they tried to look for it.

"Is this it?" asked James.

"Where did it go!" said Jessie.

"It's over there." said Meowth. What they didn't know was that as soon as the ground beneath them gave away, they found their trap.

"Hm? Huh?" all three of them said, as they looked at each other and before they knew it, they fell into their trap with dirt falling on top of them.

Narrator: Continuing his quest to become the world's greatest Pokémon trainer, Ash and Hayley have found their way out of the Viridian Forest.

Hayley: Luckily for me, I just want to be a good Pokémon Trainer.

Narrator: That is true.

Hayley: I did found out if Riolu was a boy or a girl though.

Narrator: Well?

Hayley: My Riolu is a girl. I'm still picking out a nickname! So don't rush me.

Just as Pewter City came into view, Ash gasps.

Narrator: Anyway...No doubt some new and surprising challenges lie ahead for Ash, Pikachu, Hayley, Riolu and Misty!

"Yay, Pewter City!" sheered Misty.

"Phew." said Ash. "For a while there, I thought Hayley and I were going to be in the forest for the rest of our lives."

"Chu." said Pikachu.

"I don't want to live in the Viridian forest for the rest of my life." said Hayley.

"Riolu." Riolu sighed in relief, happy to be out of the forest.

"Pewter City is gray, the color of stone." said a man with a red cap on his head. "This town has always been famous for stone."

Ash, Misty and Hayley looks down at the man. "Huh? What the...? Who's this old guy?" asked Ash.

"I don't know." said Hayley, shrugging her shoulders.

"Never met him." said Misty.

"The name's Flint." he said, introducing himself. "And you're sitting on some of my merchandise, young man."

"Oh, sorry!" said Ash, getting up and sees that he's selling other rocks. "Uh, you mean you sell rocks?"

"They're Pewter City souvenirs. Want to buy some?" asked Flint.

"No, thanks." said Ash. "My sister, Hayley and I are travelling, trying to become Pokémon trainers."

"Yep." said Hayley, nodding.

"Uh-huh." said Flint, then looks over at Pikachu and Riolu. "Well, your Pokémon sure looks worn out. Why don't you follow me? I'll take you to the Pokémon center."

"My Riolu hasn't battled yet." said Hayley, pulling Riolu close to her. "She hatched while we were in the Viridian Forest."

"I'll still take you anyway." said Flint. Ash, Hayley and Misty looked at each other. "See, looks can be deceiving. He's a nice guy." said Ash.

"Are you sure?" asked Misty.

"By the way, that'll be a $2 charge for resting on my rocks." said Flint.

"Ah!"

Once in Pewter city, Ash places Pikachu and his other Pokémon onto the tray. "Please revitalize my Pokémon." said Ash, handing them to the nurse.

"Sure, right away, Ash!" said the Nurse.

"Huh? Nurse Joy?" asked Ash.

"Yes, I'm Nurse Joy."

"But this isn't Viridian City. This is Pewter City." said Ash.

"The Joy in Viridian City is my little sister." said Nurse Joy, looking over at Hayley who was on the phone with Delia. "I'm the older Joy. I've heard nice things about you and your sister, very nice."

"Uh, thank you?" asked Ash.

"Mom was overjoyed that Riolu hatched from her egg. I even spoke to Professor Oak too. He was shocked that it was a Riolu." said Hayley as she walks over to her brother. "Hi Nurse Joy."

"Hi Hayley. If you like, I can give your Riolu her first bath and checkup if you like." she said with a smile. Hayley turns to Riolu, who had a worried look on her face.

"It'll be okay. I'll be out here, waiting for you." Hayley said softly to Riolu as Nurse Joy gently picks her up. "I won't leave you behind. I promise."

"Riolu!" Riolu called out to her, wanting to be put back at Hayley's side.

"Have you both seen that poster?" asked Nurse Joy, indicating to the poster on the wall behind them.

On the wall, there was a poster with Misty standing in front of it, announcing the Pokémon league. "The Pokémon League Regional Championships!" said Ash. "All right!"

"Ha!" said Misty.

"Huh?" said Ash. "What's the matter?"

"To compete in the regional championships, you need to beat Gym trainers from different towns and get their badges as proof." said Misty. "Can you do that?"

"I know I can't." said Hayley.

"Of course I can!" said Ash. "As long as Hayley still doesn't mind if I borrow her Pokémon every now and then."

"I don't mind." said Hayley. "As I told Professor Oak when we were in Viridian City that I don't mind sharing my Pokémon with you. As long as you don't use Riolu. She's my Pokémon partner."

"That's a deal I can live with." Ash tells her, causing Hayley to smile.

"Why are you letting him use your Pokémon?" asked Misty.

"Because he's my brother. I know that he can't use them in the Pokémon League, but he can use them to capture other Pokémon and help me train them." said Hayley.

"I have one smart little sister." said Ash when suddenly Flint chuckles behind them.

"Don't tell me you plan on challenging Brock, the Pewter City Gym Leader." said Flint, overhearing the conversation.

"Of course I do." said Ash. "As soon as Pikachu, Riolu and our other Pokémon are better, I'll have no problem. Take me to Brock's Gym. I'll beat him!"

Flint chuckles at Ash's statement. "You'll beat him, heh." said Flint.

"I know that I won't be able to, but it will give Riolu some practice in battling." said Hayley. "I also want to know what kind of moves she can use."

"You know little lady; I like your style." Flint said, chuckling as he walks away.

"Um.....thanks." said Hayley, confused at his words.

"Ooh, that Flint, trying to make a fool out of me." said Ash.

"Do you think you can win?" asked Misty, with Hayley sitting next to her. "Gym leaders are different from your everyday Pokémon trainer. They're much, much tougher." Ash glares at her in mid-meal.

"I'll tell you what, Ash, if you ask me really nicely, I'll help you out." said Misty.

"I don't need any help." said Ash, chomping down his food.

"Huh? Is that so?" asked Misty. "Fine with me. There's no way you'll beat Brock in the Pewter City Gym. Huh!"

Hayley shakes her head at her brother before chasing after Misty. "Can you help me, Misty? I really want Riolu to have some battling experience." asked Hayley, causing Misty to beam and hug her.

"You bet I will. I'll go easy on you." said Misty. Back at the table, Ash watches as Misty leave before looking down at the check. "Hey, you can't leave me here with the bill!" shouted Ash as Hayley comes back to the table. "Come back here!"

At the Pokémon Center, Pikachu and the others were back with Ash and Hayley. "Well, Ash, no more waiting." said Nurse Joy. "Pikachu and your other Pokémon are all back to normal."

"Oh, that's great." said Ash.

"Riol!" shouted Riolu, jumping into Hayley's arms and knocking her back to the floor.

"Hi, Riolu." Hayley smiled at her Pokémon, then holds her out in front of her. "Your fur looks so clean."

"Chu!" said Pikachu, hopping onto Ash's shoulder.

"All right." said Ash and heads to the Pewter city Gym. "So this is the Pewter city gym? All right, then."

It was dark when Ash and Hayley opens the doors to the gym. "Hello!" Ash called out as he and Hayley looked around.

"Who goes there?" asked Brock, causing Hayley to scream and Riolu jumping into her arms.

"Huh? Oh." said Ash, wrapping an arm around Hayley. "So, you must be Brock. I'm Ash and this is my sister Hayley from Pallet. I challenge you!"

"I, on the other hand, will not be challenging you." said Hayley, grabbing her chest as Riolu gets down. "That was scary enough."

"Hm." said Brock as he sees Hayley's face before continuing. "Is this your first match?"

"Um..." said Ash.

"For him, yes." said Hayley, pointing to her brother.

"A Gym match is different than other battles." Brock explained. "This match is for Pokémon League authorization. There are special rules."

"Um, what do you mean by special rules?" asked Ash.

"We will use two Pokémon each, understood?" asked Brock, standing up.

"Oh." said Ash.

"How long have you and your sister been with your Pokémon?" asked Brock.

"Uh, about two weeks, I guess." said Ash.

"My Riolu is recently hatched." said Hayley. "So, a day and a half."

"Yes, both your Pikachu and Riolu are in their cutest stage!" said Brock.

"Ka-chu!" said Pikachu.

"Riol...." said Riolu, slightly blushing.

"It can't win." he tells Ash.

"I'll worry about my Pokémon and you worry about yours, all right?" said Ash.

"Suit yourself." said Brock. "As Gym Leader, I have to accept every challenge, so let's get this over with."

Brock snaps his hands and the Gym lights turned on. Rocks moved towards Ash and Pikachu as Hayley watches from the stands. "It's also uncommon to see a Riolu to be in the Kanto Region." said Brock.

"I'm lucky, right?" asked Hayley as she and Riolu were hanging onto the railing. "Good luck, Ash."

"Riolu!" Riolu called out.

"Your brother needs it." said Brock then heads to the Gym battle floor. "Ah, let the match begin."

"All right." said Ash. "Okay, Pikachu, I choose you, buddy."

"Pikachu." said Pikachu, determined to put Brock in his place.

"Onix, go!" shouted Brock and a large boulder like snake comes out, roaring.

"Pika...." Pikachu said, looking up at Onix, who then roared at the electric mouse.

"Chu. Pikachu." said Pikachu as he ran towards Ash, hoping to have Butterfree or Pidgeotto take his place.

"Hey, this is your battle, Pikachu, not Pidgeotto's! Go!" said Ash, placing Pikachu on the ground and giving him a nudge.

"Pika, Pika? Chu!" Pikachu said to Ash.

"Pikachu!" Hayley called out and Pikachu looks up. "If you win this battle for me, I'll buy you something really sweet."

"You heard her, Pikachu." said Ash and Pikachu walks out like a good Pokémon.

"Onix, tackle attack!" said Brock and Onix heads towards Pikachu.

"Chu!" shouted Pikachu as it takes off, causing Onix to crash into the ground. "Chu, Chu!"

Onix wraps its tail around Pikachu, lifting him off the ground. "Onix, bind it now!" said Brock and Onix squeezes Pikachu.

"Unh! Pikachu, Thundershock!" shouted Ash.

"Pika!" shouted Pikachu, squeezing its cheeks, trying to shock Onix. Onix grunts, not being effected by Pikachu's electric attack.

"You haven't raised it very well." said Brock. "Such a weak electric attack can't hurt Onix."

"Chu."

"Pikachu, return!" Ash shouted, 'attempting' to get Pikachu into his Pokeball. "It's being blocked. I can't bring him back."

"Chu!" shouted Pikachu, then starts to cry out in pain.

"Argh! Cut it out!" shouted Ash.

"Do you surrender?" asked Brock.

"You heard him!" shouted Hayley as she and Riolu made their way to the Gym floor. "He said, cut it out!"

"Riol!" shouted Riolu, running over to Pikachu, picking him up. "Riolu!"

"I...I do." said Ash and a bell was heard. Ash, Hayley and Riolu walked out of the Pewter Gym with Pikachu in Ash's arms when both brother and sister looked up.

"Huh?"

"Come with me." said Flint and they run after him. At a cabin, Pikachu was rest with Ash, Hayley and Riolu by his side.

"Everyone loses sometimes." said Flint as he carries a tea tray. "You can't let that get you down."

"I know, but I didn't just lose." said Ash. "I stunk! Brock's way better than me. I could never enter a league match if I can't beat him."

"I bet I'm worse than he is and I haven't had my first battle yet." said Hayley with her head hanging down.

"You will soon enough." said Flint.

"When though?" asked Hayley.

"I don't know, but I wouldn't rush it if I were you." Flint tells her.

"In the meantime, did you ever figure out what nickname you want to give your Riolu yet?" asked Ash.

"I sure do. She and I talked about it." said Hayley, looking at her Pokémon proudly. "We went with the nickname, Meeko. It just fits her because of the mask across her face."

"Ri, Riolu." Meeko said with a smile on her face, showing off her muscles.

"Perfect." said Ash, rubbing the side of Meeko's head.

"Pikachu." Pikachu said, feeling Meeko's muscles.

"Brock is very good." said Flint, after taking a sip of tea. "His own talents could take him much further than simply being the local Gym Leader."

"Really?" asked Hayley.

"Yeah, but why has he never been is a regional championship himself?" asked Ash.

"He has his reasons." said Flint, causing the brother and sister to be confused. He then takes them to where Brock lives and sees him surrounded by little kids that look just like him.

"I tore my skirt!" a little girl cried as she ran up to him.

"All right, all right, I'll sew it up for you." Brock tells her.

"Huh?" said Ash.

"Is it done yet?" the little girl asked, shaking Brock's shoulder.

"Just a minute." said Brock.

"Wow, I sure never thought of Brock like that." said Ash.

"Me either." said Hayley and Meeko shakes her head sadly.

"Brock has ten little brothers and sisters to take care of so he could never leave town for the regional championships." said Flint.

"I'm glad I only have one brother." said Hayley.

"Olu." added Meeko.

"Doesn't he have a mom or a dad?" asked Ash.

"His good for nothing father left the family to become a Pokémon trainer and they never heard from him again." said Flint. "Brock's heartbroken mother tried her best to hold things together but sadly, passed away. Brock's the only one his little brothers and sisters have left."

"We better not listen to anymore sad stuff." said Ash. "Next time I have a match with Brock, I might not have the heart to beat him!"

"But...but you said that..." said Flint. "You said you could never win a match with Brock!"

"Yeah, well, I changed my mind about that!" said Ash. "If I can power up Pikachu, I'll beat him!"

"Hmm, I may just know a way you can supercharge Pikachu." said Flint.

"Hey, you do?" asked Ash.

"I don't like where this is going." said Hayley.

"Olu." said Meeko, shaking her head, seeing that it was weird.

"What is this place?" asked Ash as they stood outside of Pewter City. They stood next to a house with a water wheel.

"A Hydroelectric plant." said Flint. "The river turns the wheel and makes electricity and if you hook Pikachu up to it, you might give it a power boost."

"Thanks, Mr. Flint. That's a great idea!" said Ash.

"Really? You're going to power Pikachu up that way?" asked Hayley.

"Gee, how do you know so much about Pokémon, huh?" Ash asked.

"Me? Uh, you see, I, uh..." stammered Flint, then places a hand behind his head. "Well, I just got lucky, I guess. That's it, lucky."

"I wouldn't call it lucky." muttered Hayley. "I would call it sheer dumb luck."

"Riol." said Meeko, nodding her head.

"Well, Pikachu, get ready to power up!" said Ash.

"Pikachu!" said Pikachu.

"Of course, right now the river is dry." said Flint.

"Ah! Then what did we come here for?" asked Ash.

"I have another idea." Flint tells him. Inside the plant, Flint tapes electro wires to Pikachu's cheeks. "Pikachu's all hooked up." said Flint.

"Okay."

"You heard the man, Ash. Get to stepping." said Hayley as Meeko starts to giggle and Ash starts turning the wheel outside.

"All right!"

"Pi..." said Pikachu as it starts to feel the electricity going into its cheeks.

"Take it easy, Pikachu." said Flint. "All this power may be shocking at first, but sooner or later, your body will get used to the high voltage!"

"I can't watch!" said Hayley, leaving the room as Pikachu screeches from the pain.

"Ri, Riolu." said Meeko, looking away and following her trainer out.

"Hey, Ash. Wouldn't it be a lot better to just ask me for help instead of going with this crazy power plan of yours?" asked Misty.

"Forget it!" Ash said over his shoulder. "I'll win without your help."

"Huh?" said Misty. "Huh! What do I care?"

"I'm going to get a badge all by myself using the Pokémon I'm training!" Ash said. "Even if Hayley helps me every now and then."

"Stubborn." said Misty. "It'd be a lot easier if he used some of mine too."

"If I can take it, you can take it, Pikachu." said Ash. On the other side of the door, Hayley and Meeko heard Pikachu screeching in pain.

"Don't worry, Meeko." said Hayley, wrapping her arms around her Pokémon and brought her close. "I won't ever make you do what Ash is doing with Pikachu. I'm not that crazy."

"Riol." said Meeko.

"Hang in there, Pikachu." said Ash. The machine that was hooked up to Pikachu started to go haywire. "Huh?" said Flint.

"Pi!" screamed Pikachu as the voltage was turned all the way up. Hayley and Meeko ran as fast as they could before the plant exploded. The next day, Ash, Hayley, Pikachu and Meeko were back at the Pewter City Gym.

"I'm back!" shouted Ash.

"Haven't you learned your lesson yet?" asked Brock.

"I wished that he did but Ash will never do it if my life depended on it." said Hayley with Meeko nodding her head. "But he's stubborn as a Tauros every day of the week."

"Riol." said Meeko. Ash then glared at his sister. "What? You are, even mom said so. I heard her telling Professor Oak once when we brought him lunch." said Hayley, laughing weakly before Ash rounded on Brock.

"Ah! We're ready for you this time, Brock." said Ash as sparks flew from Pikachu's cheeks.

"Heh, we'll see." said Brock.

"Pi." said Pikachu as the Gym lights came on.

"Two Pokéballs." said Brock.

"Got it!" said Ash.

"I'll start with....Geodude, go!" shouted Brock as a rock type Pokémon came out.

"Geodude." said Geodude.

"Pidgeotto, I choose you!" said Ash as Pidgeotto squawks. "Go, Pidgeotto! Gust Attack!"

Pidgeotto quickly flaps its wings, creating a tornado as the dirt picks up from the ground and surround Geodude. When it was gone, Geodude swings its arms at Pidgeotto. "Huh?" said Ash.

"Bad strategy." said Brock. "Don't you know that flying Pokémon are weak against Rock types?"

"Oh, I guess I forgot." said Ash.

"Come on, Ash. Use your head." said Misty.

"Think, Ash. Think." said Hayley. Suddenly, both girls were joined by Brock's brothers and sisters. "Riol..." said Meeko, worriedly as she watches the battle.

"Pidgeotto, return." said Ash as Pidgeotto falls to the ground.

"Are you giving up again, Ash?" asked Brock.

"No way." said Ash. "Pikachu, I choose you!"

"Chu!" shouted the electric mouse.

"The Pikachu again." said Brock. "I feel sorry for it, being raised by such a weak Pokémon trainer."

"Hey!" shouted Hayley, causing Misty, Brock and his siblings to look at her. "My brother isn't weak!"

"Doesn't matter." said Brock coldly.

"It does to me." said Hayley. "I have known Ash all my life and he's never been weak!"

"Hayley's right. I am not weak." said Ash. "Pikachu, now's our chance to show him how weak we are!"

"Pikachu!" shouted Pikachu as he releases electricity from his cheeks, surrounding Geodude and burning its body.

"Pikachu, nice going." said Misty.

"Pikachu has earned my respect." said Hayley.

"Riolu!" said Meeko.

"Return, Geodude." said Brock and Geodude goes back into its Pokeball. "It looks like you've trained it better. But still, it's not matched for Onix! Go!"

Onix comes out growling. "Quick question: Does your brother ever give his Pokémon a dirt bath?" Hayley asked, randomly.

"I don't think so." said one of Brock's brothers.

"Why?" asked one of Brock's sisters.

"Just wondering." said Trixie. "Onix and Geodude look like they both get a dirt bath about every other day."

"Pika!" said Pikachu, releasing another round of electricity, causing one wave to almost hit Ash. Another wave hits Onix as one wave hits a rock. There was so much electricity going on that it sets fire to the sprinkler system.

"Hey, Pikachu, watch where you're aiming, huh?" said Ash. Pikachu looks up just as Onix wraps its tail around it. "Chu!" said Pikachu.

"Oh, Pikachu, give it a thunderbolt!" shouted Ash. Pikachu goes for another Thunderbolt, causing Onix to roar out in pain. "Hang in there, Pikachu! It's working!"

"Onix, bind it." said Brock but Onix continued to groan in pain.

"Chu!" said Pikachu, as he runs out of electricity.

"Pikachu!" shouted Ash as Hayley and Meeko run from the stands. Onix growls and binds Pikachu with its tail. "Onix, stop." said Brock.

"Huh?" said Ash and Hayley appeared next to him as Pikachu rolls out of Onix's bind. "No, Brock, I want to play this match to the end."

"There's no point in going on." said Brock. "I really don't want to hurt your Pokémon."

Suddenly, fire sparks the sprinkler system, turning on the water and causing Onix to growl. Pikachu looks up. "Ash?" Misty calls out.

"Ah. Huh?" he said, looking up at the stands.

"Rock Pokémon are weakened by water!" said Misty.

"Pikachu!" shouted Ash.

"Chu!" shouted Pikachu and used its electricity again on Onix, causing it to roar out in pain again.

"Go Pikachu!" shouted Hayley as Onix falls to the ground.

"Rio! Riolu!" Meeko called out; her paw raised in the air.

"Onix!" Brock shouted.

"Pikachu, finish it off." said Ash and just as he raised his arm high, Brock's brothers and sisters were on him. "My conscience is holding me back. I can't bring myself to beat Brock."

"Oh my." said Hayley, watching what was unfolding before her.

"Riol..." said Meeko.

"I'm imagining his little brothers and sisters stopping me from beating the one person they love." said Ash.

"Uh....Ashy...." said Hayley.

"Ash, I think you'd better open your eyes." said Misty and Ash did so.

"Huh?" he said.

"You leave Onix alone! Our brother worked hard to raise him, you big bully." said another one of Brock's little brothers.

"Believe me, kid, I'm no bully." said Ash. "Ask my sister." Brock's brothers and sisters looked over at Hayley.

"Sadly, he speaks the truth." said Hayley, feeling uncomfortable at being put on the spot. "He's been more of a victim than a bully since he was younger than me."

"Stop it. Get off, all of you." Brock said to his siblings. "This is an official match and we're going to finish it no matter what!"

"But, Brock, we know that you love your Pokémon so much." said one of his sisters.

"That's why we can't watch Onix suffer from another attack." said one of his brothers.

"Onix, stop!"

"Pikachu, return!" shouted Ash.

"Chu?" Pikachu asked then runs over to him.

"What do you think you're doing?" asked Brock. "This match isn't over yet, Ash."

"Those sprinklers going off was just an accident." said Ash as he puts down the last of Brock's siblings off him. "Winning the match because of that wouldn't have proved anything. Next time we meet, I'll beat you my way, fair and square."

"And when it's my turn, I would do the same thing." said Hayley, with Meeko by her side.

"Riolu!" said Meeko, determined to beat Brock one day.

Ash turns around, reaches out for Hayley's hand and both Ketchum siblings left the gym with Brock watching. "Maybe." he quietly said as his younger brother Forest smiles at Hayley's retreating back. Up in the stands, Misty sighs.

"Just when he finally gets a lucky break, he decides to be a nice guy too." said Misty.

Outside of Pewter City, Ash, Pikachu, Hayley and Meeko were on their way to the next town. "Hey Ash?" asked Hayley.

"Yeah?"

"Think you could have a battle with me?" she asked. "I want to put Meeko's skills to the test."

"Sure. Anything for you, sis." said Ash, ruffling her hair. "I'm sorry if I was too hard on you, Pikachu. But you really did a great job."

"Pikachu." said Pikachu.

"Riol...Riol." said Meeko, waving her arms in the air, retelling the battle.

"You did awesome in my book." said Hayley, causing Pikachu to beam.

"Sounds like you feel just the way I do." said Ash.

"You did your best, Ash." disclosed Hayley. "That's what counts."

"I know, Hayley." he tells her.

"Hey, hey, wait up! Ash! Hayley!" shouted Brock as he catches up with them.

"Huh? Brock?" said the brother and sister as he stops running after them.

"Ash, you forgot this." said Brock, holding out a Pewter Gym badge.

"A badge for defeating a Gym trainer." said Ash, then looks up. "I can't accept that. I didn't beat you. I gave up."

"Nah." said Brock. "I lost to you. You both beat me in battle and in being kind to all Pokémon."

"How did I beat you?" asked Hayley. "I wasn't even the one who was battling you."

"You beat me by standing up for your brother." Brock explained.

"Oh..." said Hayley as Meeko patting her on the back.

"Riol?" asked Meeko, tilting her head in confusion.

"But..." said Ash.

"To tell you the truth, I get more pleasure from raising Pokémon than from making them battle. I don't care about being a great Pokémon trainer. I want to become the world's best breeder, but I can't leave here because I have to look after my brothers and sisters." Brock tells them.

"I know the feeling." said Ash, looking at Hayley.

"What did I do this time?" she asked.

"Ash, I want you to take this and fulfill my dream." said Brock, then hands him the badge. "Will you do that for me?"

"I will." said Ash, taking the badge. "And I'll do my best to deserve this too!" Not far behind them was Flint. "Brock, you go follow your own dreams." he said.

"Flint!" said Ash.

"How long was he standing there?" asked Hayley as Flint takes off the hat and beard.

"Ri..." said Meeko, trying to guess.

"My father." said Brock.

"Huh?" asked Ash. "You mean you're the good for nothing father who left home and never came back?"

"That's right. It was me." said Flint.

"Interesting turn of events." said Hayley as Meeko nodded.

"I couldn't become the great Pokémon trainer I wanted to and because I was such a failure, I was too embarrassed and ashamed to go back to my family." he tells them.

"But why did you help me instead of Brock?" asked Ash.

"You reminded me of myself." said Flint. "You didn't seem to have a chance."

"Oh!"

"Don't worry, older brother of mine, I still believe in you." said Hayley, patting her brother's arm.

"It's time I started taking care of my family." Flint said to Brock. "You go fulfill your dreams and mine."

"First, there are somethings I have to tell you first." said Brock.

"After all these years, I understand how you must feel about me so I want you to get everything off your chest." said Flint when suddenly Brock hands him a sewing needle and thread.

"Here." said Brock.

"Uh..." said Flint as Hayley giggles.

"I really feel bad for you now, Mr. Flint." said Hayley.

"Suzy always rips her dresses so you better learn to sew." Brock said as he starts listing things off. "And Timmy only eats cold spaghetti for breakfast. Tommy likes eating corn flakes for dinner..."

"Oh my god." said Hayley as Meeko giggled.

"Slow down, slow down. I can't write that fast!" said Flint.

"Cindy sleepwalks so you have to tie a bell around her wrist." Brock continued to tell his dad. "The twins never want to take a bath so you have to..."

Soon as Brock finishes telling his father what needed to be done and was packed, he joined Ash and Hayley on their journey. "Hey, Ash, are you sure it's okay if I go with you and Hayley on your Pokémon Journey?" asked Brock.

"Sure, I'm sure." said Ash as he holds Hayley's hand. "The more the merrier and it's good to have somebody to talk with than each other."

"Well, what about that girl who keeps following the two of you?" asked Brock, pointing to Misty.

"Don't forget about my bike, Ash and Hayley Ketchum!" shouted Misty. "I'm going to follow you till you pay me back!"

"We know, we know!" shouted Ash and Hayley.

"Pikachu, let's try and lose her." said Ash.

"Chu!" Pikachu said and they take off.

"Come on, Meeko!" said Hayley.

"Olu!" Meeko said, running alongside her.

"Wait up, Ash! Hayley!" said Brock.

"You won't get away!" shouted Misty.

Narrator: And so with a new friend and ally and Misty close behind, Ash and Hayley continues on the quest of becoming a Pokémon Master.

Hayley: And I found the perfect nickname for my Riolu. Say hi Meeko!

Meeko pops up beside her trainer, waving her paw to the audience: Riolu!

Narrator: I like it.

Hayley: Thanks. It's perfect, isn't it?

Out from the ground, a drill appears with Team Rocket not too far behind. "I told you I'd get us out of this!" said James.

"That was all..." said Jessie but was stepped on by Ash and Meowth was stepped on by Pikachu.

"Hey Ash!" shouted Brock as he, Hayley and Meeko steps on James.

"...your fault!" Jessie finally finished saying.

"Wait for me!" Misty called out as she ran after them.

"Come back here! Ash, Hayley, come on!" shouted Brock. The wind blew through the trees as a trampled Team Rocket was still in their hole. "Buried alive, then trampled." said Jessie.

"We've hit rock bottom." Jessie and James said.

"Meowth!" shouted Meowth as all three fell back into the hole.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 740 33
Ash is a 15-year-old trainer who is traveling back to Kanto after winning Kalos league he is accompanied by his traveling companion Serena a 15-year...
831 25 14
Ash Ketchum is continuing his journey to become a Pokemon Master with his eight-year-old sister Hayley, by his side. Follow Ash, Hayley, their Pokemo...
19.1K 404 51
Join Ash on his journey of the 10 regions and become the Pokemon Master. Ash and 12 girls harem. Part 1 of the series: Kanto.
1.8K 31 50
Ash and Hayley Ketchum are continuing their journey in following Ash's Dream in becoming a Pokemon Master. As they make more friends and capture more...