Pokemon: A Ketchum Journey. V...

By tanishatribe1118

Ash Ketchum is officially ten years old and is starting his journey to become a Pokemon Master with his eight... More

I Choose You!
Pokemon Emergency
Challenge of the Samurai
Showdown in Pewter City
Clefairy and the Moon Stone
The Water Flowers of Cerulean City
The Path to the Pokémon League
The School of Hard Knocks
Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village
Charmander, the Stray Pokémon
Here comes the Squirtle Squad
Mystery at the Lighthouse
Electric Shock Showdown
Battle Aboard the St. Anne
Pokemon Shipwreck
Island of the Giant Pokémon
Tentacool and Tentacruel
The Ghost of Maiden's Peak
Bye Bye Butterfree
Abra and the Psychic Showdown
The Tower of Terror
Haunter vs. Kadabra
Primeape Goes Bananas
Pokémon Scent-sation
Hypno's Naptime
Pokémon Fashion Flash
The Punchy Pokémon
Sparks Fly for Magnemite
Dig Those Diglett!
The Ninja-Poké Showdown
The Flame Pokémon-athon!
The Kangaskhan Kid
The Bridge Bike Gang
Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
Pikachu's Goodbye
The Battling Eevee Brothers
Wake up, Snorlax!

Ash Captures a Pokémon

192 6 0
By tanishatribe1118

Narrator: Deep in the dark Viridian Forest, Ash discovers a Caterpie and tries his best to make his first Pokémon catch.

Ash turns his hat backwards and throws the Pokeball. "Caterpie, you're mine!" he shouted. The Pokeball makes contact on Caterpie's head and was sucked inside. The Pokeball struggles for a moment before settling. Ash chuckles as he runs over to the Pokeball.

"Yes! I did it!" he shouted. "Aha! I did it! I got Caterpie!"

"Ash caught Caterpie! Ash caught Caterpie!" Hayley sang as she followed her brother.

"I did it all by myself. I caught my first Pokémon!" Ash exclaimed. "This is the first step on my way to becoming the number one Pokémon Master in the world."

"Ah! Hey! Wait a minute!" said Misty as Ash wraps his arm around hers.

"Ha-ha."

"Well, I know for a fact that I didn't crow like this when I caught Tengu." said Hayley.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu, causing her to look at the mouse as his eyes start spinning.

"I'm getting dizzy! I'm going to be sick! Quit it!" Misty tells Ash.

"You might want to put Caterpie away, Ash." said Hayley. "She looks like she's getting pale."

"Look out, Pokémon. Nothing's going to stop me now." said Ash, not hearing his sister as Pikachu falls to the ground.

"Ash, you're acting like..." said Misty then groans when Ash shoved the Pokeball in her face.

"Look." he said. "Inside this ball is the very first Pokémon I ever caught in my whole entire life."

"Great. Just keep it away from me, will you?" asked Misty.

"You're not afraid of an itty-bitty Caterpie in a Pokeball, are you?" asked Ash.

"Bugs get me all bugged out, even when they're in a Pokeball." said Misty. "Just keep it away!"

"I like bugs even if they're not in Pokéballs and so does Hayley." said Ash. "It must be great for Caterpie inside the Pokeball, all cute and comfortable inside there. I love my new little Pokémon." Misty glares at him as he rubs the Pokeball against his face.

"I guess it takes a worm to love a worm." said Misty.

"Very funny." said Ash, then goes over to his sister and Pikachu. "Pikachu, Hayley...we've got a new friend."

"(Sniffs) Pika!" said Pikachu.

"Oh Pikachu, I'm glad you like it." said Ash. "And from now on, we'll catch a whole bunch of new friends. Caterpie, you're sticking with us."

"Can I play with Caterpie? Please?" asked Hayley.

"Uh, does that mean..." Misty started to say.

"Sure! Caterpie, come out! Ha!" shouted Ash. Screaming, Misty runs far away as Caterpie comes out of the Pokeball and hides behind a tree.

"There's nothing to be scared of." said Ash as he and Hayley walk up to Caterpie. "Come on, Caterpie, climb up on my shoulder." Caterpie nods and inches its way up to his shoulder until it looks over at Hayley. Wiggling its little front legs in the air, Caterpie made its way at top speed for Misty.

"Hey, Caterpie, come back!" Ash called after it.

"Wow! Looks like Caterpie is on a mission." said Hayley, shocked as she looked up at her brother. "And judging by its feelings, it looks like an important mission." Misty screams as Caterpie rubs its head against her leg.

"Hey, Misty, Caterpie really likes you. Isn't that cute?" asked Ash.

"Aww." said Hayley.

"Get this disgusting bug away from me!" screamed Misty.

"Huh?" said Caterpie.

"Please don't come any closer to me, huh!" said Misty.

"What? You think Caterpie's disgusting?" asked Ash and Caterpie whimpers.

"I don't think Caterpie is disgusting at all." said Hayley.

"Pika, Pika." Pikachu said to Caterpie, patting its back.

"Cater." said Caterpie. Just then, Misty picks up Pikachu and sets him in her lap.

"I know." said Misty. "You be friends with that creepy bug and I'll be friends with Pikachu."

"Pikachu only likes me and Hayley and only zaps anybody who tries to...huh?" said Ash as Misty rubs Pikachu's head, giggling. "Argh! Pikachu!"

"Traitor." grumbled Hayley.

"Hmm?" Misty said looking up. Caterpie whimpers at her with sad eyes.

"Oh, Caterpie." said Hayley as she pet it on the head.

"It's so gross. Ash, put that slimy thing back in the Pokeball!" demanded Misty.

"Hey! Caterpie is not slimy at all!" shouted Hayley, pulling Caterpie close to her body.

"I don't care! Bugs are one of the three most disgusting things in the world." Misty tells her.

"Aside from you, what are the other disgusting things?" asked Ash.

"Very funny!" said Misty, knocking Caterpie into the sky with her foot. "Carrots, peppers and bugs. Everybody has something they don't like, and I don't like bugs!"

"Where did she get that hammer?" asked Hayley, chasing after Caterpie to catch it in her arms.

"Yeah? Well, here's something you don't know about me and Hayley." said Ash as he made a face at her. "We like carrots and peppers and bugs. As a matter of fact, Hayley adores bugs. What I don't like is the way you're hurting Caterpie's feelings with your silly fear of bugs."

"Hmm!" said Misty, turning away from the siblings. Ash then looks down at Caterpie who is now in Hayley's arms. "I don't think you're ugly or disgusting at all, Caterpie." said Ash and Caterpie looks up at Hayley to hear what she thought of it.

"It's true! I think you are the prettiest bug in all of the bug type Pokémon in the whole entire world." she tells it before bringing Caterpie close. "And I should know, I've seen my share of bug-type Pokémon." Caterpie smiled at Hayley, chattering as it rubs its head against her cheek in pride.

"That tickles, Caterpie." said Hayley, giggling.

"Come on, climb up on my shoulder." said Ash, placing an arm out towards the Pokémon, causing it to squeak before looking over to Pikachu.

"Chu, Chu." Pikachu nodded.

"I promise, you won't fall from his shoulder." said Hayley. "I'll catch you if you fall."

"You're not going to scare Misty anymore." said Ash, causing Caterpie to trill in reply.

Caterpie climbs out of Hayley's arms, onto his arm and up onto his shoulder before looking over to Misty. "What do you mean he won't scare me?" asked Misty.

"Caterpie is a he?" asked Hayley, looking at the Pokémon. "How can you tell with bug Pokémon?"

"You don't want to know." said Misty.

"We'll go without her." said Ash, ignoring Misty's comment to his sister.

"Chu!" said Pikachu as he hops out of Misty's arms.

"Oh!" said Misty. "Oh yeah? I'll show you." Ash, Hayley, Pikachu and Caterpie went on ahead until Pikachu notices that they were being followed. "Pi?" said Pikachu in confusion and sees that Misty wasn't too far behind.

"Pika, Pi." said Pikachu, getting the siblings attention.

"Huh? What's the problem, Pikachu?" Ash asked.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu, pointing to Misty.

"Huh?" they said, seeing Misty as she ducks behind a tree.

"I knew it." said Hayley, crossing her arms. "She'll follow us no matter where we go."

"I'll handle this." said Ash, placing a hand on his sister's shoulder. "What are you following us for?"

"Uh!" said Misty, realizing that she was found out. "My...my bike. I'm holding you and Hayley responsible for my bike."

"When are you going to get over that dumb old bike?" asked Ash.

"How many times are we going to say that we're sorry?" asked Hayley, causing Misty to ignore her question.

"For your information, Mr. Pokémon Master, you're the dumb ones, because if you hadn't destroyed it in the first place, I could've ridden out of here by now." she said.

"I told you I'd make good on your bike one day." said Ash. "Hayley and I promised that. And if we're so dumb, how come you're still following us?"

"I'm not following you. This happens to be the fastest way through the woods." said Misty.

"Fine. Do whatever you want." said Ash, then takes Hayley's hand.

"That's exactly what I'm doing!" Misty called out after them.

"Pi, Pi." said Pikachu, looking back and forth between the two before sighing. Later that night, Ash had a fire going and Hayley was holding her egg.

"I can't wait for you to hatch." said Hayley, rubbing one side of the egg. "Whichever Pokémon you are, I'm glad to be taking care of you."

In her arms, the egg starts hopping in glee, as though telling her that it couldn't wait to meet her either. "We'd better get some sleep, you guys." said Ash, laying down in his sleeping bag. "Tomorrow's going to be a big day."

Both Pikachu and Caterpie nodded as Hayley fell asleep with the egg in her arms. Suddenly Misty's voice was heard on the other side of the fire. "Well, we'd all get some sleep if the both of you shut your big mouths." she tells them, causing Ash to quickly sit up.

Misty was resting her head against the side of a log. "Huh. Don't let the bedbugs bite." said Ash.

"Humph!" scoffed Misty. Pikachu and Caterpie looked at each other with unsure looks on their faces. Pikachu sighs and walks over to Misty. "Cha." Pikachu said quietly and suddenly Caterpie squeals.

As Hayley, Ash and Misty slept, Pikachu and Caterpie talked to each other about Caterpie's dream of evolving. While they were talking, Pikachu heard a noise from behind and both Pokémon sees Hayley sitting up. "Pika?" asked Pikachu.

"Hi." said Hayley, rubbing her eyes as she looks over at the Pokémon. "What are you two talking about over here?"

"Pikachu." said Pikachu and starts miming what Caterpie was telling him.

"Oh." she said, then looks over to the Caterpillar. "Sounds like you want to evolve, Caterpie." Caterpie nodded, causing Hayley to smile.

"That's great." said Hayley. The three of them talked for a little while longer before going to bed. Caterpie looks over at Misty and sighs in sadness. "Don't worry, Caterpie." said Hayley, laying down in her sleeping bag. "Ash and I will always be here for you. No matter what."

"Pikachu." said Pikachu as he pats Caterpie on the back. "Pi." The next morning, the fire had burned out as Pikachu snores on the tree stump and Ash snores in his sleeping bag. Erin snuggles up with the egg against her just as Misty starts to wake up.

Misty opens her eyes to see Caterpie sleeping not far from her. Misty screams, causing everyone to wake up. "What's wrong? What's happening?" asked Ash.

"I was having a nice dream about the Pokémon from the egg." Hayley said, sleepily. "We were having such a great adventure too."

"What is this thing doing sleeping near me?" asked Misty.

"Maybe because Caterpie wants you to get to know him rather than you screaming at him." suggested Hayley.

"Huh? Heh, Caterpie just wants to be your friend." said Ash.

"If that thing wants to be my friend it can stop bugging me already." screeched Misty, then looks down at Caterpie. "If you're a Pokémon, get out of my face and into the Pokeball."

Caterpie whimpers as tears forms in its eyes. "Aww, now you've done it." said Hayley, looking between Caterpie and Misty. "You hurt his feelings!"

"Oh, Misty, you are so unbelievable." said Ash. "Caterpie means no harm. Why he likes you, I'll never know."

Caterpie crawls away, causing Ash and Hayley to join it in their sleeping bags. "Caterpie, what's the matter?" they asked. Once on the stump, Caterpie presses the Pokeball and disappears from sight. "Hey, hold on Caterpie!" shouted Ash.

"Pikachu!" said Pikachu, knocking on the Pokeball.

"Please come back out." begged Hayley.

"Alright, Misty, you owe Caterpie an apology." said Ash. "Pokémon have feelings too, you know?"

"Yeah, you've definitely hurt Caterpie's feelings this time." said Hayley.

"Ah, hmm!" said Misty, crossing her arms.

"Come on, Caterpie, don't you worry." said Ash, coaxing the caterpillar Pokémon out of the Pokeball. "Someday, we'll show her." Misty had a guilty look on her face when suddenly they heard wings flapping over them and a bigger bird swops down to the ground.

"Pi?" said Pikachu as the bird swallows a worm.

"Wow, a Pidgeotto!" Ash and Hayley exclaims.

"You should get this one, Ash." said Hayley.

"Ok, I will." said Ash, then gets out Dexter.

"Pidgeotto, an evolved form of the Pidgey. It is armed with sharp claws and dives from the sky to capture its prey. Unlike the more gentle Pidgey, Pidgeotto can be dangerous. Approach with extreme caution." said Dexter.

"All right, Pidgeotto." said Ash. "Ha, I'll show you who's the dangerous one around here."

"But Ash...Dexter said to approach with extreme caution." said Hayley.

"Then I'll be careful. Don't worry, Hayley." Ash said, over his shoulder, not taking his eyes off of Pidgeotto as he takes out another Pokeball. "Pokeball, Go!"

Just before the Pokeball could hit Pidgeotto, it knocks it out of the air with its wing, causing Ash to groan. "Smart bird." said Hayley.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu, nodding.

"You don't get it, do you?" asked Misty. "You don't just throw a Pokeball and capture a Pokémon. You have to battle it and weaken it first. The only reason you got to catch Caterpie is because it's already a weakling."

"I know what I'm doing and you better quit picking on Caterpie, okay?" asked Ash, angrily. "And now, if you kindly keep your big mouth shut, you'll see how it's done."

"I don't know how you can stand him." said Misty.

He then picks up Caterpie's Pokeball. "Go, Caterpie!" he shouted, causing the girls to gasp.

"Pika!" said Pikachu.

"Ha, I told you I knew what I was doing." said Ash.

"You don't have any idea of the mistake you've just made, do you?" asked Misty.

"Did I do something wrong?" asked Ash and they heard Caterpie scream. "Caterpie!"

"If only you remember correctly, Ash, all birds eat worms." growled Hayley. "And what does Caterpie look like to Pidgeotto?"

"Oh." he said. "Caterpie, counter attack!"

Caterpie stood up and was about to attack when Pidgeotto smacks him with its head in Caterpie's stomach. It rolled backwards and into a tree. "Caterpie!" shouted Ash and Hayley.

"Quick, call it back!" said Misty.

"Huh? Caterpie, return." said Ash, calling Caterpie back and in result, Pidgeotto collision into the tree, getting its beak stuck. "Pikachu, go!"

"Pi!" shouted Pikachu as he heads towards Pidgeotto, who then gets its beak out.

"Pikachu, Thunder Shock, now!" shouted Ash.

"Pikachu!" shouted Pikachu, generating electricity from its body towards Pidgeotto.

"Pokeball, go!" shouted Ash, throwing the Pokeball again and capturing Pidgeotto. "Yes! We got Pidgeotto!"

"Yay!" shouted Hayley.

"Pikachu!" shouted Pikachu.

"I am the greatest." said Ash.

"You're the worst!" said Misty. "You have no idea what you're doing and neither does your sister. It'll be a long time before either of you are a Pokémon master, like a million years."

"Ugh. I'm trying to..." Ash started to say.

"Hey! Miss Bossy Pants!" shouted Hayley, causing the two of them to look at her. "He's the one who wants to become a Pokémon Master, not me! I just want to collect as many Pokémon as I can and train them the best way I can. I havent decided yet on what my dream should be. So don't assume things about me when you havent gotten the chance to get to know the real me."

"Well, next time I'll ask." said Misty, then turns her attention back to Ash. "You should try to learn something about Pokémon first. With Pokémon, you've got to use strategy. Pidgeotto is a bird. Caterpie is a worm. And as Hayley said earlier, birds eat worms, Mr. Pokémon Master."

"Well, if you try hard enough, things will work out, won't they?" asked Ash.

"No, Ash, I'm afraid things won't just work out if you try hard enough." Misty tells him, then gets close to him. "The Pokémon Trainer's judgement is more important than anything else, and unfortunately for you, the trainer has to have a brain!"

"Uh..." said Ash when suddenly they hear laughter.

"So we meet again." said James as Team Rocket appears.

"I know that voice." said Ash.

"So do I." said Hayley.

"To protect the world from devastation..."

"To untie all peoples within our nation...."

"To denounce the evils of truth and love..."

"To extend our reach to the stars above..."

"Jessie."

"James."

"No, not this again." said Ash.

"I think we should start keeping track of how many times they're gonna do their motto." said Hayley as her Pokémon egg buries itself into her.

"I like that idea." said Misty.

"It's a good thing you brought a notebook." said Ash.

"Chu." said Pikachu.

"I agree, I'm glad that I did." said Hayley.

"Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light." said Jessie.

"Surrender now, or prepare to fight." said James.

"Meowth! That's right!" said Meowth.

"Uh, we're kind of busy now, so if you..." Ash starts to tell them.

"Quiet, little boy." said Jessie. "We're not here to listen to you. We're here to take your Pokémon."

"Hand over that Pikachu." demanded James.

"Huh?"

"Don't you dare take Pikachu!" said Hayley.

"She's right, this is my Pikachu. Go out and find your own." said Ash.

"The only Pikachu we want is that one." said Jessie.

"We're only looking for the rarest, most valuable Pokémon in the world, kid." said James.

"And that special Pikachu's just the kind of Pokémon we need." added Jessie. Just then, Meowth starts scratching Jessie and James' faces. "You idiots, stop giving away all of our secrets!" Meowth tells them.

"Technically speaking, Meowth," said Hayley, getting his attention. "they weren't giving away your secrets. They were just telling us what you were planning on doing."

"Mind your own business, kid." snapped Meowth.

"Wow, you woke up on the wrong side today." said Hayley.

"Is my Pikachu really that special?" asked Ash as Hayley picks Pikachu up for a closer look.

"He's special to us, but I doubt that he'll be special to Team Rocket." said Hayley.

"Kachu." Pikachu said in agreement.

"Your Pikachu's powers impress even me." said Meowth. "I really got a charge out of its incredible attack the last time we met. Its powers exceed its evolutionary level. Your Pokémon would..."

"Now you're the one giving away all our secrets!" said Jessie as she and James stomped on Meowth.

"Shut up before you tell them everything!" said James.

"I'm in charge! Cut it out!" shouted Meowth.

"That kind of information is really good to know." said Hayley.

"Make things easy and hand over that Pikachu." demanded Jessie.

"Huh, forget it!" said Ash and Hayley.

"Then you leave us no choice." said James.

"Pokémon Battle! Ekans, go!" shouted Jessie.

"Koffing, go get them!" shouted James.

"Koffing!" shouted Koffing.

"Ekans!" shouted Ekans.

"Hey, two against one? That's cheating!" shouted Ash.

"Well, as we say, 'All's fair in love, war and Pokémon battles'." said Jessie.

"I say that saying's rotten and so are you." said Ash.

"Of course we are. We're the bad guys." said James.

"Well, if they're going to use two Pokémon, I don't see why we can't use two Pokémon." said Misty.

"The Pokémon league rules say only one at a time." Ash tells her.

"Ash, if you follow the rules, you're going to lose all you're Pokémon." said Misty.

"Koffing, sludge attack, now!" said James and Koffing sends toxic sludge at Pikachu, landing on his eyes.

"Hey, that's not nice!" shouted Hayley as Ash picks up Pikachu who was wiping the sludge away from his eyes.

"If you think you can use your dirty tricks to beat me, you're wrong!" shouted Ash, then faces Misty. "They might try anything to get what they want. But no matter what happens, don't let them have Pikachu, understand?"

"Please, Misty?" asked Hayley.

"Misty, come on!" said Ash.

"But what about the other two and Hayley?" asked Misty as she takes Pikachu out of his arms.

"So, what's your big battle plan?" asked Jessie.

"I can't send Caterpie. It's too weak from the last battle." thought Ash, knowing what he had to do. "Pidgeotto, go!"

"Koffing, its grime time." said James.

"Koffing." said Koffing as it goes after Pidgeotto who dodges the attack.

"Ekans, go get your dinner." said Jessie.

"Ekans." said Ekans as it tries to eat Pidgeotto.

"Pidgeotto, quick attack!" shouted Ash and Pidgeotto dives quickly in the air.

"Ekans, go underground." said Jessie and Ekans goes into the ground. Pidgeotto stops its attack and hovers over the hole Ekans made, unknowingly seeing Koffing pop up behind it.

"Pidgeotto, behind you! Watch out!" shouted Ash and Koffing releases a smokescreen before launching several bombs of sludge. Pidgeotto dodges the attack and Ekans comes up from the ground.

"Pidgeotto!" shouted Misty and Hayley, causing Pidgeotto to fly up.

"We're going to get a Pokémon! We're going to get a Pokémon!" chanted Team Rocket, holding fans in their hands. "We're going to get a Pokémon!"

"They're nuts." said Erin.

"I'll say." said Misty.

"Koffing!"

"Ekans!" Both Koffing and Ekans went straight up in the air, following Pidgeotto. "Gust counterattack, now!" shouted Ash and Pidgeotto tried its attack on Koffing.

"Koffing!" said Koffing, dodging the attack and Ekans headbutts into Pidgeotto.

"Pidgeotto, return!" said Ash, recalling his Pokémon. "Ah! I'll show you!"

"Ash!" Misty called out to him.

"I can't believe I'm related to him." said Hayley.

"At least you don't have sisters." said Misty as Ash rushes up to James, who holds him at arm's length.

"How many sisters do you have?" Hayley asked her.

"All right, let's go! Put 'em up!" said Ash as he waved his arms at him.

"Ha, what a fool." said Meowth. "In Pokémon battles, only the Pokémon can fight each other."

"Buzz off." said James, flicking Ash's forehead.

"Ow." said Ash as Misty and Hayley run up to him.

"Are you okay?" they asked.

"Guess you've got no choice." said Jessie. "Let Pikachu in and watch Team Rocket win."

"Pikachu!" said Pikachu, squirming in Misty's arms.

"No, Pikachu, you can't battle in this condition." said Misty, trying to wipe the sludge of his face.

"Pikachu, stop squirming like that." said Hayley, holding Pikachu's hands still in front of him. "Misty's trying to get that sludge off so you can see."

"Pi..." said Pikachu, giving in.

"Ash, what are..." Misty started to say as Ash stands up.

"I know you're still weak from battling Pidgeotto, but now, Caterpie, you're my only hope." said Ash, taking out Caterpie's Pokeball. "Just give it your very best shot. Caterpie, go!"

Caterpie squeals softly as it comes out of the Pokeball. "What's that?" asked James.

"It's a bug, a measly little bug." said Meowth then suddenly all three members of Team Rocket laughs.

"Let's get the bug spray." said Jessie.

"Koffing..." said Koffing.

"Ekans..." hissed Ekans.

"Pika!" Pikachu called out to Caterpie, hearing Ekans and Koffing.

"Hang in there." said Misty.

"You can do it, Caterpie." said Hayley.

"Caterpie, string shot, now!" shouted Ash and Caterpie sends out a white string at Koffing and Ekans, wrapping them tightly. Then Caterpie runs up to Koffing and headbutts it towards Ekans. "Ah!" said Meowth.

"Uh? Beaten by a Caterpie?" asked James.

"That really bugs me." said Jessie, looking over at Caterpie.

"Now watch a real Pokémon in action." said Meowth, showing his claws at Caterpie who then uses String Shot at him.

"It's time Team Rocket blasted off." said Jessie as she and James grabbed Meowth.

"You may have won this round but we'll be back." said James, leaving the rose behind.

"Come back anytime. We'll be glad to be you." said Misty, then sticks out her tongue.

"We did it." said Ash, winning his first Pokémon battle. "We did it! We won our first Pokémon victory fair and square! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!"

Worn out from battle, Caterpie chuckles. "Caterpie, I'm very proud of you." said Ash, picking up the small Pokémon. "You really did your best and we won because of you."

"I'm proud of you too." beamed Hayley.

"You're stronger than you look, Caterpie." said Misty.

"Pika." said Pikachu, beaming. Caterpie squeals in Ash's arms at the praise it was being given. "Well, Misty, I guess you feel different about Caterpie now." said Ash.

"Uh, well, I..." sputtered Misty.

"So, why don't you two make up?" asked Ash. "Just pat Caterpie on the head and say thanks for a really great job."

"It doesn't hurt to try." said Hayley as Misty whimpers.

"You like Pokémon, so it's only right to congratulate one for doing a good job." said Ash.

"I guess you're both right." said Misty and starts to reach out to Caterpie. Suddenly Caterpie starts shooting out its string shot, causing Misty to jump. "Caterpie?" asked Ash and sets Caterpie down. "What?"

"It's evolving." said Misty.

"Cool!" said Hayley, standing there in awe as Caterpie's string shot surrounded its body. "I didn't know that Caterpie's string shot can do that."

"Caterpie, this is so great." said Ash as they watched Caterpie evolve into a green cocoon.

"Metapod, Caterpie's next stage." said Dexter. "It has encased its body in a hard shell. This specimen reached this stage faster than any previously discovered Pokémon of this variety."

"Hey, maybe that means it could keep on changing and go onto the next stage right away." said Ash.

"Pik, Pika, Pik." said Pikachu, remembering the night before with Caterpie and Hayley.

"Nice to meet you, Metapod." said Ash, chuckling as he picks it up. "Not in the mood to talk?"

"Hi, Metapod." said Hayley, placing a hand on its hard shell.

"Pikachu." said Pikachu, causing Ash and Hayley to laugh.

"I've never known anyone like them." Misty said to herself. "Both of them really do love Pokémon." Suddenly, Ash sticks Metapod in Misty's face. "Hm? Ah!" screamed Misty.

"Misty, you two were just about to make friends." said Ash. "You didn't forget, didn't you?"

"Ash." said Hayley.

"I didn't forget, but I..." said Misty when suddenly a wasp like Pokémon buzzed by. "Oh, I do anything. Let's just get out of this forest."

"No way." said Ash with Metapod in his backpack. "There's still plenty more Pokémon in this forest."

"Hey, wait for me!" said Misty as she runs off after him and Hayley.

"You can't leave baby sister behind." said Hayley.

"Come on, we've got lots of Pokémon to catch!" Ash shouted over his shoulder.

Narrator: The future looks bright for our heroes now, but up ahead, the Viridian forest is deeper and darker than they know and a dangerous new challenge is waiting.

Hayley, looking up and found a man: How would you know? You're just the narrator guy.

Narrator: You'll be surprised, Hayley.

Hayley: How surprised?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.9K 767 40
If Leon vs. Alain, or the Tournament in the anime is not your cup of tea, why not read another version of the Masters 8? The story continues from Pok...
18.9K 434 21
Hello My name is Ruby Ketchum and my parents are Ash Ketchum and Serena Ketchum. I don't remember my father much but my mother told me that my father...
28.6K 740 33
Ash is a 15-year-old trainer who is traveling back to Kanto after winning Kalos league he is accompanied by his traveling companion Serena a 15-year...
214 8 25
A New Pokémon Trainer's Quest to Become the Next Pokémon Master After Ash Ketchum